The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #276
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,128
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Those drums are really powerful. Hans Zimmer is really brilliant at what I call "emotional swells". His music has just always struck me like flowing water, and he can direct your feelings with its current in any manner he sees fit. It's not as melodic as Williams, Goldsmith, Silvestri, or Elfman, but it is equally effective, IMO.
That is an excellent way of putting it.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #277
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,808
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Those drums are really powerful. Hans Zimmer is really brilliant at what I call "emotional swells". His music has just always struck me like flowing water, and he can direct your feelings with its current in any manner he sees fit. It's not as melodic as Williams, Goldsmith, Silvestri, or Elfman, but it is equally effective, IMO.
Excellent way of putting it.

And that's exactly what I like about the music. It doesn't just spoonfeed you the heroic resolves you're expecting. It dances around them a bit, while continuing this feeling of building. It actually does a great job of conveying the idea of "hope", because it's not outright "happy", but you can feel the promise of something happy in there.

If you listening to it just waiting for a Superman theme to emerge, it's underwhelming, but if you just take it as an "emotional swell" for the trailer that gives you a taste of the tones and textures of the score, then I think it was quite appropriate.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #278
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,901
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Excellent way of putting it.

And that's exactly what I like about the music. It doesn't just spoonfeed you the heroic resolves you're expecting. It dances around them a bit, while continuing this feeling of building. It actually does a great job of conveying the idea of "hope", because it's not outright "happy", but you can feel the promise of something happy in there.

If you listening to it just waiting for a Superman theme to emerge, it's underwhelming, but if you just take it as an "emotional swell" for the trailer that gives you a taste of the tones and textures of the score, then I think it was quite appropriate.
Nailed it. Especially the bolded.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #279
db85usa
HeHe!
 
db85usa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwesterner
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

The music in the trailer sounded a little generic IMO at first you almost can't even tell its Hans' music unless if you're pretty familiar with him. I have a feeling the score will be drum/percussion driven like TDK trilogy along with a 3-4 note repetitive brass similar to TDK. I hope I'm wrong and we get a really cool sound that can easily be identified like his work on POTC.

__________________
"Batman is serious. Iron Man is funny. I'm perfectly fine with Superman just being badass." - Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
db85usa is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #280
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

For some reason the score of the trailer reminded me of the theme music from the Batman/Superman show. Maybe it's the bass.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #281
db85usa
HeHe!
 
db85usa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwesterner
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

delete. wrong thred.

__________________
"Batman is serious. Iron Man is funny. I'm perfectly fine with Superman just being badass." - Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
db85usa is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #282
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Another thing about this music track in the trailer....if you're listening on computer speakers or something that doesn't have a substantial, home-theater level subwoofer, you're actually missing a good deal in terms of the impact. Night & day? No...but those lower frequencies and where they hit stir you more, and without the I could see how some would feel it needs to be more dynamic. It's quite nice, actually...and not as bombastic as Zimmer's wont to do.

I still think it's more of a buildup element than a 'payoff' if it is part of the MOS score, but those extra low octaves are pretty important to it, so I suggest that people not rely solely on their small satellite speakers. Maybe a bit of an oversight on their part making it, but still.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #283
db85usa
HeHe!
 
db85usa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwesterner
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Another thing about this music track in the trailer....if you're listening on computer speakers or something that doesn't have a substantial, home-theater level subwoofer, you're actually missing a good deal in terms of the impact. Night & day? No...but those lower frequencies and where they hit stir you more, and without the I could see how some would feel it needs to be more dynamic. It's quite nice, actually...and not as bombastic as Zimmer's wont to do.

I still think it's more of a buildup element than a 'payoff' if it is part of the MOS score, but those extra low octaves are pretty important to it, so I suggest that people not rely solely on their small satellite speakers. Maybe a bit of an oversight on their part making it, but still.
I've listened with Skull Candy ear buds, Beats Pro Headphones and it still sounds monotonous -- the drums and percussion are a bit forced but such is the style of Zimmer and while some of that can sound cool, I don't think the music for MoS will be something to write home about. I hope I'm 100% wrong and the score delivers. Hans definitely had more opportunity to be creative with MoS.

__________________
"Batman is serious. Iron Man is funny. I'm perfectly fine with Superman just being badass." - Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk

Last edited by db85usa; 04-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.
db85usa is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #284
scifiwolf
Side-Kick
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,683
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Kal, I realized the same thing. I've got a set of Bose headphones and earbuds, and both did the bass enough justice for goosebumps. I felt terrible showing the trailer to my wife on the iPad just because of the sound. Although, it still did the trick. She's really not in any way a Superman person. Afterwards, she said, "Okay. Yeah, that looks pretty damn good." Looks like I've got my date for June 14th!

By the way, I'm itching to hear it in a theater. Anyone know what movie(s) this trailer's preceding?

__________________
Proud to be a WOLF instead of a SHEEP
scifiwolf is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #285
db85usa
HeHe!
 
db85usa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwesterner
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Kal, I realized the same thing. I've got a set of Bose headphones and earbuds, and both did the bass enough justice for goosebumps. I felt terrible showing the trailer to my wife on the iPad just because of the sound. Although, it still did the trick. She's really not in any way a Superman person. Afterwards, she said, "Okay. Yeah, that looks pretty damn good." Looks like I've got my date for June 14th!

By the way, I'm itching to hear it in a theater. Anyone know what movie(s) this trailer's preceding?
I showed the trailer off to a couple friends on my 65 inch plasma the 1080p quicktime trailer with just a pretty good 2.1 soundbar setup and they looked like they were going to head to the bathroom, lol.

__________________
"Batman is serious. Iron Man is funny. I'm perfectly fine with Superman just being badass." - Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
db85usa is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #286
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by db85usa View Post
I've listened with Skull Candy ear buds, Beats Pro Headphones and it still sounds monotonous -- the drums and percussion are a bit forced but such is the style of Zimmer and while some of that can sound cool, I don't think the music for MoS will be something to write home about. I hope I'm 100% wrong and the score delivers. Hans' definitely had more opportunity to be creative with MoS.
Well yeah it stays in that marching-drum vibe throughout the whole thing and doesn't really 'fire canons' so to speak, but again it might be part of the score that's ore for buildup and foreshadowing than really paying off with a climax. I'm not much of a Zimmer fan, so in a way it's a nice change from his usual ponderous fare. But yes, the piece is on the 'reserved/it's coming' side.

I'm not really expecting the music to be much more than serviceable. If it's actual noteworthy in places, it'll be a bonus....but some, understandably, are expecting another timeless anthem. That might be expecting too much.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #287
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,496
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

It might be from the film, but this is a trailer cut of the music.

I recall inceptions trailers not really capturing the best part of the films cut, same with 2009 star trek.

If you listen carefully you can get a good idea of some great tracks in the making. Mainly in the beginning.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #288
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by db85usa View Post
I showed the trailer off to a couple friends on my 65 inch plasma the 1080p quicktime trailer with just a pretty good 2.1 soundbar setup and they looked like they were going to head to the bathroom, lol.
heh.

It's not even really heavy/earthquake bass...and even I have my bass at reference level, not hiked like a lot of people do. But there is a substantial 'gut feeling' that it adds to the piece that is pretty important to establishing the power/vibe of it.

And I don't think even the best earbuds really capture it. Again, a bit of a misstep on their part since so many people would watch this on computer/mobile devices, but not a deal-killer.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #289
db85usa
HeHe!
 
db85usa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Midwesterner
Posts: 1,783
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
It might be from the film, but this is a trailer cut of the music.

I recall inceptions trailers not really capturing the best part of the films cut, same with 2009 star trek.

If you listen carefully you can get a good idea of some great tracks in the making. Mainly in the beginning.
The music Hans did with the MTV trailer and 3rd trailer of TDK that premiered before The Avengers now that was some good music. With MoS, it's true this music may not be in the film but I believe I read elsewhere that the music in the trailer is actually featured in the movie.

__________________
"Batman is serious. Iron Man is funny. I'm perfectly fine with Superman just being badass." - Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
db85usa is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #290
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
It might be from the film, but this is a trailer cut of the music.

I recall inceptions trailers not really capturing the best part of the films cut, same with 2009 star trek.

If you listen carefully you can get a good idea of some great tracks in the making. Mainly in the beginning.
Editors often pick bits and pieces, or certain little sections form a relatively sparse selection of what's actually available at that time from the film, if not from other films.

I wouldn't put too much stock into the music on this, it's only three minutes.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #291
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Those drums are really powerful. Hans Zimmer is really brilliant at what I call "emotional swells". His music has just always struck me like flowing water, and he can direct your feelings with its current in any manner he sees fit. It's not as melodic as Williams, Goldsmith, Silvestri, or Elfman, but it is equally effective, IMO.
That's an excellent way of putting it. It's more harmonically and rhythmically driven than it is melodically. It's thematic heart actually seems to be the drums. I can already imagine a myriad of uses for that pulse. I love the way chordally it's floating between a straight major feel but then it throws in those altered VI chords. It makes it feel more heroic than it does straight up triumphant. There's still a struggle in there, something to be won.

moviedoors is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #292
jasvll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 198
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

A poster in the main MOS thread pointed this article out to me.

The Huffington Post isn't particularly reliable (they're wrong about the LA Times article they reference, here, for example), but they're claiming WB told them the trailer music is adapted from Zimmer's score.

Quote:
Starring Henry Cavill as the title man of mettle and buoyed by a pulsing, driving musical score -- which, the Los Angeles Times notes, is a tease of the film's actual score by Oscar winner Hans Zimmer; Warner Bros. confirmed to HuffPost Entertainment that it is ZImmer's work -- the "Man of Steel" presented in the newest trailer is epic.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3097225.html

jasvll is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #293
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Probably...with those marching band drums that they recorded in a stadium and such.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #294
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,496
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by db85usa View Post
The music Hans did with the MTV trailer and 3rd trailer of TDK that premiered before The Avengers now that was some good music. With MoS, it's true this music may not be in the film but I believe I read elsewhere that the music in the trailer is actually featured in the movie.
Oh I know it's from the film, I just don't think
1. it's the best/most memorable part(again see star trek).
2. the ins and out's of a full track just a trailer house cut.

That being said, I would have preferred an audio machine cut

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #295
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,854
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll View Post
A poster in the main MOS thread pointed this article out to me.

The Huffington Post isn't particularly reliable (they're wrong about the LA Times article they reference, here, for example), but they're claiming WB told them the trailer music is adapted from Zimmer's score.



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3097225.html
The Huffington Post may not be the pinnacle of journalism, but they're not straight-up liars. They are a legitimate publication, and if they say they got confirmation from WB, then they did. And at any rate, it was obvious to most of us already that this was Zimmer's work, so I don't see any reason to doubt their claim.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #296
scifiwolf
Side-Kick
 
scifiwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,683
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Oh I know it's from the film, I just don't think
1. it's the best/most memorable part(again see star trek).
2. the ins and out's of a full track just a trailer house cut.

That being said, I would have preferred an audio machine cut
Star Trek 2009 never had any music from the score in the trailers. It was tracks from Two Steps From Hell. I had download links for those files in my sig for years.

__________________
Proud to be a WOLF instead of a SHEEP
scifiwolf is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #297
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,808
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

I don't expect another timeless anthem, nor do I want one. You really cannot outdo J-Will at his own game.

See The Amazing Spider-Man for an example of a traditional superhero jingle in a film that's trying to be a modern re-imagining. I like Horner's theme, but I'm still not entirely sure it works. That theme sounds more like a Superman theme than a Spider-Man theme IMO. Yet, I wouldn't want to hear anything like that in Man of Steel. What I heard in the trailer seems way more on track for what I'm hoping for.

I'd much prefer something stirring that's able to accomplish that with just good, effective chord changes, simple melodies and powerful percussion than something super hummable and identifiable. I want to feel inspired and pumped up, not "gee whiz it's Superman!". That's why I'm glad Zimmer got the job. I know this post will make certain people sick to their stomach, but that's really how I feel.

But the trailer music definitely had an identifiable rhythm/gallop to it.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 04-17-2013 at 01:11 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #298
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,042
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
No.

It's not 100% subjective when something, say....may be portrayed to be in a live room, then you suddenly make the reverb sound like a cavern or tunnel...or more 'studio' sounding than acoustic, for example, if you want to get technical. It's objectively too much to be consistent with the source, much like you wouldn't sensibly have a cricket's lone chirp echo over oceans. That is objectively too much, but it's a creative choice to break that consistency and go for something else....then it's subjective whether someone likes it artistically or not.

Some guitar players like to use more distortion in their tone...which is also objectively too much gain for the amplification path to handle cleanly (hence the distortion)...which is not a value or quality assessment of how it works artistically. But it IS subjectively favored for a lot of things. And so on. Hope that helps you.
I am also a musician and sound designer, and what you're talking about is very contradictory. Yes, it can be called objectively too much for the space, but that doesn't mean there is "too much reverb" for the intention. They are totally different things, and while in the sound design world that would probably end up being distracting, in music, it is not the same. Once again, it's very subjective. The idea of his violins sounding "too synthy" is also subjective, if he purposely chose a synthy texture to evoke a certain emotion. In that case, it's maybe too synthy for your taste, but cannot be objectively be called "too synthy" for its intended purpose.

Seriously, stop with the condescending attitude as if your opinion is the only one that matters here. There could be a fun conversation here without it.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #299
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I am also a musician and sound designer, and what you're talking about is very contradictory. Yes, it can be called objectively too much for the space, but that doesn't mean there is "too much reverb" for the intention.
That's what I said...once the intention is realized, then it's a matter of preference. But even though certain things are used often like effects, they can still inherently not be consistent with the source or setting. Again, not a value judgment in and of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
They are totally different things, and while in the sound design world that would probably end up being distracting, in music, it is not the same. Once again, it's very subjective. The idea of his violins sounding "too synthy" is also subjective, if he purposely chose a synthy texture to evoke a certain emotion. In that case, it's maybe too synthy for your taste, but cannot be objectively be called "too synthy" for its intended purpose.
I didn't say too synthy, I said rather synthy...in that it's there (but not heavy) as opposed to not there. Also objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Seriously, stop with the condescending attitude as if your opinion is the only one that matters here. There could be a fun conversation here without it.
I'm not condescending at all, stop being so oversensitive. I even said I liked the example I was referring to. It's just a discussion on technique and terminology, and I thought a pretty good one until you made it clear you're being a baby about it. If that's how you want to be, then cheers. YOU need to chill out and hit your reset button.









'kay?

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 01:49 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #300
jasvll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 198
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
The Huffington Post may not be the pinnacle of journalism, but they're not straight-up liars. They are a legitimate publication, and if they say they got confirmation from WB, then they did. And at any rate, it was obvious to most of us already that this was Zimmer's work, so I don't see any reason to doubt their claim.
And I didn't suggest they were. I just pointed out that they're prone to error...like in the LA Times example in the article.

What I'm thinking is more along the lines of this. The Hpost asks WB if the music in the MOS trailer is Zimmer's. WB confirms that yes, that music is Zimmer's.

Now, from that, the Hpost concludes that the trailer music is music from MOS, but notice that the Hpost never asked if it was, and WB never said that it was. "Zimmer's music" doesn't automatially mean "Zimmer's MOS music". Honest mistake.

jasvll is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.