The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #351
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,602
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
But LA times doesn't say that, though....they never say that Zimmer did the music in the actual trailer. I mean, it looks like Huffington misquoted in the first place, no? Not that I'm doubting what you said about an 'earlier' version, but there's on trace of it on either of those links...so it may have been changed because they misquoted.

There's literally nothing else on the net now that confirms it more than these sources, which may be where everyone else is pointing to. I'm just trying to be sure.
Old records of the HuffPost story still have that part. Like here for example:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni51486281/

I don't know how they could "misquote" that when they would have had to specifically ask WB for that confirmation. Regardless of LA Times' wording, I'm pretty sure they meant to be implying that it was his music as well (otherwise they would be leading people on to crediting Zimmer for the trailer's music, given the placement of their parenthetical there). You're welcome to go on disbelieving, but I personally have no reason to. Not only does the music sound exactly like Zimmer, AND sound exactly like what had been described from the recording sessions tweets, but at this point, someone official would have denied it being from the score with all these sources reporting that to be the case if it weren't correct. There's just no doubt left in my mind.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 04-17-2013 at 09:53 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #352
jasvll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 198
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Did HP really take that 'confirmation' line out? Ha. Looks like I may have been right to maintain my skepticism about them...

jasvll is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #353
jasvll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 198
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I don't know how they could "misquote" that when they would have had to specifically ask WB for that confirmation. Regardless of LA Times' wording, I'm pretty sure they meant to be implying that it was his music as well (otherwise they would be leading people on to crediting Zimmer for the trailer's music, given the placement of their parenthetical there). You're welcome to go on disbelieving, but I personally have no reason to. Not only does the music sound exactly like Zimmer, AND sound exactly like what had been described from the recording sessions tweets, but at this point, someone official would have denied it being from the score with all these sources reporting that to be the case if it weren't correct. There's just no doubt left in my mind.
Well, they had no way of knowing people would simply pretend they said something they didn't say.

jasvll is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #354
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Old records of the HuffPost story still have that part. Like here for example:
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni51486281/

That IMDB link says that Huff Post did, but does not link...it could also be a misinterpretation same as what they're stating. It should be still up if it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I don't know how they could "misquote" that when they would have had to specifically ask WB for that confirmation.
Again, where does it say they specifically asked WB, and that some WB person (by name?) said it? That's what I'm looking for. 'Warner Brothers Confirming' sounds like hearsay itself without any record or quote of that 'confirmation'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Regardless of LA Times' wording, I'm pretty sure they meant to be implying that it was his music as well (otherwise they would be leading people on to crediting Zimmer for the trailer's music, given the placement of their parenthetical there). You're welcome to go on disbelieving, but I personally have no reason to. Not only does the music sound exactly like Zimmer, AND sound exactly like what had been described from the recording sessions tweets, but at this point, someone official would have denied it being from the score with all these sources reporting that to be the case if it weren't correct. There's just no doubt left in my mind.
Again, I would think that it is Zimmer's because of the drum thing, its sounds just like he was describing in an interview about the music (http://collider.com/man-of-steel-hans-zimmer/ with quotes too ). I'm just looking for something specific because there;'s so much to discuss on it, don't want to go too long if it's misinformed, y'know?

And as you point out, no one has come out and officially denied it with enough news going around (based on hearsay or not) that it is. But in general I do think it's important to be accurate about news in a lot of areas, and in this case, I just want better confirmation. The Huff Post and La Times thing, the way it stands now, isn't something I'd trust completely because someone did seem to misinterpret there. It makes sense and stands to reason that it is, I agree....but in terms of being quoted and implicitly confirmed...not so far.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #355
jasvll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 198
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Zimmer finally social media'd about the trailer...but said nothing about the music. Mystery solved!

jasvll is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #356
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvll View Post
Zimmer finally social media'd about the trailer...but said nothing about the music. Mystery solved!
If he's not denying it was his score, it must be (if not taken from another one of his films).


This is the closest we've come....FINALLY....almost...!




I tweeted and asked directly if it was his score from MOS. Help me Hanz!

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #357
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,602
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni51486281/

That IMDB link says that Huff Post did, but does not link...it could also be a misinterpretation same as what they're stating. It should be still up if it's true.


Again, where does it say they specifically asked WB, and that some WB person (by name?) said it? That's what I'm looking for. 'Warner Brothers Confirming' sounds like hearsay itself without any record or quote of that 'confirmation'.
Lol, I dunno what to tell you. Huffington Post writing "Warner Bros. confirmed to HuffPost Entertainment that it is Zimmer's work" sounds absolutely nothing like hearsay to me. Not in the slightest. One doesn't write a sentence like that unless someone at WB actually confirmed TO THEM that it was Zimmer's work. And I saw with my own eyes those exact words in the original Huffington Post article. Others here read it too. Yes, they changed it. Why? Possibly because it was redundant since they were already referencing the LA Times, and The LA Times got there first. And I know you don't believe that thanks to LATimes' specific wording, but that's just semantics to me because when the LA Times was describing the trailer music, they put in parenthesis that Zimmer scored the film. Why would they say that when describing TRAILER MUSIC if it had nothing to do with the trailer music? That's the exact spot in that sentence where any writer would be crediting the creator of the "gorgeous" music he was describing. It seems obvious to me that he was indicating that music was our first taste of Hans' music from the film. Hans Zimmer's "official" site has been passing it off as his work from the get go, and NO ONE is offering up any other place that music could have come from.

MTV says, without qualifiers, that it's his score:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...iler-new.jhtml

His "official" (RC Productions) site also does:
http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php...=1&id_news=863

Both of those outlets are in easy positions to get confirmation on that, and neither one cites the LA Times or HuffPost as sources, so the logical conclusion would be that they did. It's not like WB usually put out a press release saying, "this is ____'s score in this trailer" So I'm not sure you'll get the kind of confirmation you're hoping for any time soon.


Quote:
Again, I would tink that it is Zimmer's because of the drum thing, I'm just looking for something specific because there;'s so much to discuss on it, don't want to go too long if it's misinformed, y'know?

And as you point out, no one has come out and officially denied it with enough news going around (based on hearsay or not) that it is. But in general I do think it's important to be accurate about news in a lot of areas, and in this case, I just want better confirmation. The Huff Post and La Times thing, the way it stands now, isn't something I'd trust completely because someone did seem to misinterpret there.
I understand. We'll know within two months I suppose.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 04-17-2013 at 10:48 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #358
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Lol, I dunno what to tell you. Huffington Post writing "Warner Bros. confirmed to HuffPost Entertainment that it is Zimmer's work" sounds absolutely nothing like hearsay to me. Not in the slightest.
Again, where does it say that did I miss it? Or is this the part that was taken down? Because of that maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
One doesn't write a sentence like that unless someone at WB actually confirmed TO THEM that it was Zimmer's work. And I saw with my own eyes those exact words in the original Huffington Post article. Others here read it too. Yes, they changed it. Why? Possibly because it was redundant since they were already referencing the LA Times, and The LA Times got there first.
But it said that WB confirmed to them, not to LA Times. What's 'redundant' about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
And I know you don't believe that thanks to LATimes' specific wording, but that's just semantics to me because when the LA Times was describing the trailer music, they put in parenthesis that Zimmer scored the film. Why would they say that when describing TRAILER MUSIC if it had nothing to do with the trailer music? That's the exact spot in that sentence where any writer would be crediting the creator of the "gorgeous" music he was describing. It seems obvious to me that he was implying that was our first taste of Hans' music from the film. Hans Zimmer's "official" site has been passing it off as his work from the get go, and NO ONE is offering up any other place that music could have come from.
Again, as we've seen comparing these two articles, things can be misinterpreted or misrepresented by then when they're trying to rush out a scoop. It's not semantics, it's assumption and it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
MTV says, without qualifiers, that it's his score:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...iler-new.jhtml
Just like anyone else pointing to Huff/LA Times without really looking that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
His "official" (RC Productions) site also does:
http://www.hans-zimmer.com/index.php...=1&id_news=863
It says 'almost official'...right there on the site. And same as above, whoever prepared it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Both of those outlets are in easy positions to get confirmation on that, and neither one cites the LA Times or HuffPost as sources, so the logical conclusion would be that they did. It's not like WB usually put out a press release saying, "this is ____'s score in this trailer" So I'm not sure you'll get the kind of confirmation you're hoping for any time soon.
They don't cite anyone. They might have heard through the grapevine...just like everything else...and it very well could all point back to that LA Times article, and the way that's worded.


Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I understand. We'll know within two months I suppose.
I'm hoping he'll answer the twitter...if it's actually/really him.

Help us Hanz!

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #359
Simo
Side-Kick
 
Simo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,049
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
https://www.facebook.com/WaterTowerMusic



So Watertower handles what, the music/soundtrack distribution?
And the mixing of the CD. They posted a month back a photo of the studio as they were going through the final mixing. They just confirmed we'll see 2 soundtrack releases with one being a deluxe version but both on 2 CDs.

Simo is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #360
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
And the final mixing of the CD. They posted a month back a photo of the studio as they were mixing the CD.
Yeah. I left a direct question on Zimmer's Twitter and Facebook...hopefully he'll respond.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #361
Simo
Side-Kick
 
Simo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,049
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Yeah. I left a direct question on Zimmer's Twitter and Facebook...hopefully he'll respond.
Hes not on there much to my knowledge but if Watertower says the trailer music is his score then it's settled. They would know, after all they've listened to the whole OST.

Simo is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #362
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Frankly, it would be a huge shock by now if it somehow isn't, as...like...the whole world is under the assumption and pretty enthusiastic about it AS Zimmer's score work. So as has been pointed out, there's enough opportunity and attention to officially debunk it if untrue, so if it hasn't been the obvious bet is to believe that it is.

But I'd still like to get a response from him.

p.s. is the Facebook account actually him, or is it just a 'fan page' like it says... on the page....with someone else actually posting on it...?


****...never mind....

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 11:11 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #363
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,602
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Again, where does it say that did I miss it? Or is this the part that was taken down? Because of that maybe?
Yes, it was taken down from the original article, but it's still in places that quote the original article, like that IMDB link I gave you. But yes, Huffington Post wrote that part themselves. When the article was first posted on this site, we were all able to click the link and read it there.

Quote:
But it said that WB confirmed to them, not to LA Times. What's 'redundant' about that?
Confirmation is confirmation. If HuffPost confirmed it after the LA Times did, then they may have seen fit to give credit where it was originally due.

Quote:
Again, as we've seen comparing these two articles, things can be misinterpreted or misrepresented by then when they're trying to rush out a scoop. It's not semantics, it's assumption and it happens.
Or it's semantics. I see no reason to think anyone misinterpreted anything since no one has come out claiming anyone was wrong about any of it. There's been no denial. There's been no "sorry we were wrong." So why assume a mistake has been made?

Quote:
Just like anyone else pointing to Huff/LA Times without really looking that up.
But they're not pointing to them. MTV is a major press outlet with direct access to the studios and their PR people. If they get their facts from somewhere else, they cite it. Those PR people, by the way, who just presented this trailer at CinemaCon. With Hans Zimmer there. And the press in attendance reacting to the trailer talking about Zimmer's score. You don't think someone would have gotten their facts straight if they were wrong since the source was right there?

Quote:
It says 'almost official'...right there on the site. And same as above, whoever prepared it.
It's "almost official" because his "official site" is under construction...by those same people. RC Productions. Formerly Media Ventures. That's Hans Zimmer's company.


Quote:
I'm hoping he'll answer the twitter...if it's actually/really him.

Help us Hanz!
Help YOU. As I said, I'm doubt-free.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 04-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #364
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

edit

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 11:23 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #365
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Hes not on there much to my knowledge but if Watertower says the trailer music is his score then it's settled. They would know, after all they've listened to the whole OST.
I would think so too....assuming whoever is posting info on their sit actually has listened and knows that it is.


And isn't just going by what they heard on the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Confirmation is confirmation. If HuffPost confirmed it after the LA Times did, then they may have seen fit to give credit where it was originally due.
LA Times never said they confirmed it, though. They worded something quite different....and that's the farthest back any of this seems to go.

But yeah, like I said, at this point it's more a burden of disproof than proof.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 11:23 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #366
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

So anyway.....


....assuming that this isn't proven NOT to be part of the Zimmer score....I can see how some would feel that it's a bit 'thin'. But it does feel like just a piece for et trailer. If it is, however, a reflection on how 'big' it will ever get, or the main impact/fanfare (or function thereof)....yeah, it's a bit light especially by Zimmer's standards. But it's really too small to judge by.

I have a few issues about the progression's repetitiveness, but I actually like the vibe that he's creating with the marching drums.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #367
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,602
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
LA Times never said they confirmed it, though. They worded something quite different....and that's the farthest back any of this seems to go.

But yeah, like I said, at this point it's more a burden of disproof than proof.
That's the farthest back it goes if you assume that's where EVERYONE got their confirmation from, but I don't see why anyone would assume that in the first place. It's not typical for people to come out and say "by the way, we got confirmation from the studio on this one fact from our article." Articles from major outlets are typically fact-checked so that part's supposed to go without saying. If they screw up a fact, they will come out and publish a correction, admitting they got something wrong. Otherwise, facts are facts, without having to say "we confirmed this."

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #368
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
That's the farthest back it goes if you assume that's where EVERYONE got their confirmation from,
Nothing else is pointing to anything else.

I actually put more credence in Watertower given the specific connection they have with the actual production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Tbut I don't see why anyone would assume that in the first place. It's not typical for people to come out and say "by the way, we got confirmation from the studio on this one fact from our article." Articles from major outlets are typically fact-checked so that part's supposed to go without saying. If they screw up a fact, they will come out and publish a correction, admitting they got something wrong. Otherwise, facts are facts, without having to say "we confirmed this."
Again...the earliest 'news' that actually addresses that this music is the MOS score is from Huffington pointing to the LA times specifically for that. But the LA times does not actually say that, Huffington is interpreting it. So it could be sort of a game of telephone with that.

The LA times didn't need to fact-check about the trailer music itself being Zimmer's, because they didn't specifically say it was, they only referred to the film's which has already been confirmed and interviewed, etc. Huffington seemingly manufactured/interpreted a 'fact' from what LA Times said, and that's the issue here....they may need to fact check beyond what they may see as 'semantics'.


But enough...it's very very very very likely that it is Zimmer's MOS work...and at this point should be assumed as such until proven otherwise. It just irks me a bit in general when 'news' doesn't do enough diligence at times, in a lot of other arenas.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #369
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,602
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Nothing else is pointing to anything else.

I actually put more credence in Watertower given the specific connection they have with the actual production.
So when everyone's saying the same thing, only Watertower had the correct info and everyone else was just guessing?

Quote:
Again...the earliest 'news' tat actually addresses that this music is the MOS score is from Huffington pointing to the LA times specifically for that. But the LA times does not actually say that, Huffington is assuming/misreading it. So it's sort of a game of telephone with that.

The LA times didn't need to fact-check about the trailer music itself being Zimmer's, because they didn't specifically say it was, they only referred to the film's which has already been confirmed and interviewed, etc. Huffington seemingly manufactured a 'fact' from what LA Times said, and that's the issue here....they may need to fact check beyond what they may see as 'semantics'.
I just don't know why you're assuming that's where all the others got their info. If they did, they would cite the publication. Otherwise, the safer assumption, is that they got it from WB's PR people whose job it is to get all the correct info out there when a new piece of marketing has been released, and who just happened to be promoting that trailer at a press event with Hans Zimmer in attendance yesterday. And if they got their info straight from PR materials, they don't have to cite it.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 04-17-2013 at 11:42 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #370
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I just don't know why you're assuming that's where all the others got their info. If they did, they would cite the publication. Otherwise, the safer assumption, is that they got it from WB's PR people whose job it is to get all the correct info out there when a new piece of marketing has been released, and who just happened to be promoting that trailer at a press event with Hans Zimmer in attendance yesterday.
Again, I didn't say that everyone definitely got it from there...and in some cases, like Watertown, the nature of what they are kind of speaks or itself...assuming whoever posted the info on Watertown is actually in know and didn't just see a like to the Huffington or what have you. But the reliability of these actual 'news' sources, which many may point to if asked 'where is it confirmed', is a bit dubious because of what we've noticed here.

I said more below. Again, enough with it...it's really more a personal distaste for some missteps in news than this film/music. It's Zimmer's MOS music until it's proven/quoted/confirmed/etc. to be otherwise.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 04-17-2013 at 11:47 PM.
KalMart is offline  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #371
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,602
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I said more below. Again, enough with it...it's really more a personal distaste for some missteps in news than this film/music. It's Zimmer's MOS music until it's proven/quoted/confirmed/etc. to be otherwise.
Right on.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #372
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

So does anyone know if this is new Zimmer music was used for this new MOS trailer?

Sure seems like it and I love it so far!


Last edited by Dark Knight; 04-18-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Dark Knight is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #373
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

So, gotta say...the music has been stuck in my head. Maybe it's from watching the trailer 480 times, but it is staying with me.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #374
redhawk23
Wrestlin'
 
redhawk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Kemet
Posts: 13,589
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Interview with Zimmer.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/showbi...iref=allsearch


Apparently Zimmer ended up doing the film due to internet rumors stating that he was and he ended up talking to Snyder while trying to clarify that it wasn't the case. Bizarre.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
On my planet, the S stands for Sears.

Last edited by redhawk23; 04-18-2013 at 12:38 AM.
redhawk23 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #375
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,695
Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

I really like what I've heard so far. However, I do hope it strays into "SUPERHERO" territory every now and then. Just to make the movie feel a little... warmer?

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.