The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Default Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Anybody follows this news? Christopher Dorner, en ex policeman who shot three people and killed one, apparently left an 18 page manifesto to be posted on his facebook, in which he gave a shout out to sme pretty well known celebrities.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-new...034755825.html

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/07/christ...sa-lampanelli/

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Yup. So far, in two separate instances, police have shot at two different vehicles believing it to be Dorner.

One vehicle the police shot at had two elderly women in it - one of whom was shot in the back.

I know the police must be under a ton of stress right now, but damn, they need to get their act together before they hurt (or kill) any more innocents.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Visceral
Side-Kick

The manifesto has some insane stuff in it

Before we begin does anyone want to get out?
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Yup. So far, in two separate instances, police have shot at two different vehicles believing it to be Dorner.

One vehicle the police shot at had two elderly women in it - one of whom was shot in the back.

I know the police must be under a ton of stress right now, but damn, they need to get their act together before they hurt (or kill) any more innocents.
`
Damn! is this confirmed?!?

I'm beginning to think that this guy just wants his 15 minutes. The rambling Manifesto, the celebs begging him to turn himself in...

Quote:
The manifesto has some insane stuff in it
I've only skimmed through it. What's the craziest part? some ramblings about the Illuminati? celebs worships?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

"Residents have been advised to avoid pickup trucks that resemble the one Dorner is driving. That advice might save your life."

Remind me again who the villain(s) is/are here. In the hunt for a single killer, the police are shooting anything resembling the killer on sight. And apparently the big piece of public safety advice here is to not drive a blue pickup truck around town, or else you might get shot by the police.

If that is the LAPD's actions, then every negative stereotype about them is true.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
Godsfireworks
Arch Duke of Anemone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post

Agreed, they need to pull themselves together.

Proud Member of GOSA (Geyser Observation and Study Association)

Follow my adventures:
http://godsfireworks.blogspot.com/
Godsfireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

This might be a tasteless time to bring this up, but this so reminds me of The Joker's philosophy in the Dark Knight, about testing people's limits to see how much terror it would take to turn people into dangerous savages themselves.

Apparently, for the LAPD all it takes is two murders and two attempted murders by a single, identified individual. When real life becomes worse than a dystopian movie, we're in trouble as a civilization.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
`
I've only skimmed through it. What's the craziest part? some ramblings about the Illuminati? celebs worships?
No, he comes off crazy like that, but then all of a sudden he goes into a completely articulate critique of the bureaucracy that surrounds law enforcement. Then he goes back to saying things like "Jesus was never called a n word", or "I am the exigent circumstance you created me to be". A very law enforcement way of saying you made this monster.

In my opinion, I want to believe that the system took a dump on him and it probably did but once you start taking lives your cause is completely moot. this isn't first blood this is real life

Before we begin does anyone want to get out?
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
James
Built from Lego

It sounds like the plot to Renegade or some other similarly 90's action film/TV series. Unfortunately for Dorner even if the people he's killing are scum-of-the-Earth evil, this sort of thing just doesn't play out in real life the way it does in the movies. No one gets to run around shooting people and then get to live quietly in a cabin somewhere until the next adventure. Dorner killed a cop, the cops are naturally out for blood -it's highly unlikely he lives to see a jail cell.

As for the police shooting at civilians, that's down to their paranoia. Dorner is a cop killer and he' opened fire on them as well -so the cops are taking a "get him before he gets you" approach. Obviously they're going about it the wrong way by not properly defining their target first, but that's because they're all hopped up on rage and fear. Not an excuse, just a reason.

The scariest thing about this is Dorner's training. He's a highly skilled individual with (despite his crazy) what appear to be pretty well defined goals. In any case, I'd be surprised if some studio hasn't already bought the rights to the story.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
As for the police shooting at civilians, that's down to their paranoia. Dorner is a cop killer and he' opened fire on them as well -so the cops are taking a "get him before he gets you" approach. Obviously they're going about it the wrong way by not properly defining their target first, but that's because they're all hopped up on rage and fear. Not an excuse, just a reason.
Well put. In many ways, Dorner has already won. 2 murders and 2 attempted murders are all it took to reduce the police force of a major American metropolis to retreat into the darkest recesses of their collective mind. No matter how insane he is, and no matter how violent his inevitable death will be, he has succeeded.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

^^ You don't much like cops, do you

Jk. I can see your ( and James...well thought out response there, old friend!) point though.

It'll be interesting to read the pro-police crowds opinion on this. There are quite a few of them here on Hype.

I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to the police, though.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
kane9321
oakland's finest

the cops are scary as hell too...shooting 2 people

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

I'm fairly neutral to police officers on the whole, since their attitudes vary from person to person and some departments are better at rejecting the crazies than others.

But LAPD already has a pretty damn bad reputation, so...

Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

He also said he didn't vote for Obama, loves Michelle's bangs, joined the military after reading Colin Powell's autobiography and cited George H.W. Bush as his 2nd favorite POTUS after Bill Clinton.

People are going to have a hard time putting this dude in an ideological political box.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
^^ You don't much like cops, do you

Jk. I can see your ( and James...well thought out response there, old friend!) point though.

It'll be interesting to read the pro-police crowds opinion on this. There are quite a few of them here on Hype.

I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to the police, though.

Ha ha, I am actually quite pro-police. I am against the ideology of citizens arming themselves for protection/potential overthrow of the government, and would sooner trust trained officers with guns rather than every other neighbour armed with intent to use on another person.

But the cops are not acting like cops right now, they are acting as their own private revenge militia. Because I am pro-police, this offends and hurts me at a deep level.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #17
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's turning into a CBS primetime show.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Ha ha, I am actually quite pro-police. I am against the ideology of citizens arming themselves for protection/potential overthrow of the government, and would sooner trust trained officers with guns rather than every other neighbour armed with intent to use on another person.

But the cops are not acting like cops right now, they are acting as their own private revenge militia. Because I am pro-police, this offends and hurts me at a deep level.
Agreed.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
Victarion
Cut

Take note, anyone who's ever argued for a real-life superhero; this is why you can't have one.

I sincerely hope they get this guy. Its crazy how he seems to have planned everything.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

This guy's got supporters on Facebook. People are saying he's doing this because of corruption in the LAPD and that he got fired after exposing a few individuals.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Take note, anyone who's ever argued for a real-life superhero; this is why you can't have one.

I sincerely hope they get this guy. Its crazy how he seems to have planned everything.
Exactly. Taking **** into your own hands always ends up with the wrong people being dead.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Yeah, but imagine if he was doing all this while wearing tights...

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #23
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
This guy's got supporters on Facebook. People are saying he's doing this because of corruption in the LAPD and that he got fired after exposing a few individuals.
They don't need to explain that to us or any other anons, but rather the immediate family of the cops he's killed.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

lol who's favorite president is bill clinton?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #25
James
Built from Lego

It's not like he's focused his killing at (allegedly) corrupt police officers either. The guy's killed at least two civilians so far. There are certain elements to Dorner's actions and motives that if looked at in a certain light could be considered heroic. Hunting down bad cops who wronged him! The law turned on him so he turned on the law! All very Hollywood. But the sad truth is that whatever justifications Dorner has made for his actions are far outweighed by his crazy.

In other words, the part of Dorner's story that's getting support from a few thoughtless individuals is a very, very small part. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (the Columbine shooters) had supporters too -all it takes is some sort of justification for people to get behind it, no matter how thin it might be. What the people supporting these killers fail to realize, or simply choose to ignore, is that regardless of whatever wrongs were done to them guy's like Dorner, Harris and Klebold are in the wrong in the worst way possible. In real life people seek help if they want to solve a problem, they don't pick up a gun and start blasting -that just causes problems far bigger than the the initial issue.

James is offline   Reply With Quote