The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney
 
RachelDawes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In a courtroom or tied up in a warehouse
Posts: 8,701
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Take note, anyone who's ever argued for a real-life superhero; this is why you can't have one.

I sincerely hope they get this guy. Its crazy how he seems to have planned everything.
He's actually more of a supervillain than superhero.

__________________
RIP Heath Ledger, the Best Joker Ever.
RachelDawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #27
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,052
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
He's actually more of a supervillain than superhero.
In their mind, they're all superheroes.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #28
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,198
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Yup. So far, in two separate instances, police have shot at two different vehicles believing it to be Dorner.

One vehicle the police shot at had two elderly women in it - one of whom was shot in the back.

I know the police must be under a ton of stress right now, but damn, they need to get their act together before they hurt (or kill) any more innocents.
Whenever a police force feels that its members are endangered they react by indiscriminately using deadly force. That has happened twice here in Maryland. Cops get scared and turn on the public they're supposed to protect. Given a description of a suspect, they treat everyone even vaguely matching it like the perpetrator and start shooting and beating people at random. It's a total disgrace but who's going to stop them?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #29
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty
 
Wolfwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 12,342
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
No, he comes off crazy like that, but then all of a sudden he goes into a completely articulate critique of the bureaucracy that surrounds law enforcement. Then he goes back to saying things like "Jesus was never called a n word", or "I am the exigent circumstance you created me to be". A very law enforcement way of saying you made this monster.

In my opinion, I want to believe that the system took a dump on him and it probably did but once you start taking lives your cause is completely moot. this isn't first blood this is real life
That's the scariest part. I read through his manifesto and he sounds extremely intelligent. If his claims are true, it'll be quite a blow to the LAPD after this is all said and done. Assuming that his despicable actions don't completely overshadow any of their wrong doings.

I see a lot of people dismissing this guy as some sort of nut job who will probably off himself in the woods. I worry that he's much more than that. He made a lot of claims and threats in his manifesto and if there's anyone with the training and intelligence to accomplish some of those goals, it's this man. I hope this whole things comes to an end soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to draw things out for awhile.

__________________

Henchman for Shadaloo
AVATAR BY AxlsAppetite
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili
 
KalMart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,307
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
He's actually more of a supervillain than superhero.
Nothing super about it either way, really. Just a sad reality.

__________________
KalMart's Vids on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #31
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,198
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
That's the scariest part. I read through his manifesto and he sounds extremely intelligent. If his claims are true, it'll be quite a blow to the LAPD after this is all said and done. Assuming that his despicable actions don't completely overshadow any of their wrong doings.

I see a lot of people dismissing this guy as some sort of nut job who will probably off himself in the woods. I worry that he's much more than that. He made a lot of claims and threats in his manifesto and if there's anyone with the training and intelligence to accomplish some of those goals, it's this man. I hope this whole things comes to an end soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to draw things out for awhile.

From what I've heard about Dorner he is a trained military intelligence operative with extensive expertise in weapons, urban warfare and military tactics. On top of that, he was also trained by the LAPD itself and knows their techniques and routines. He may or may not be crazy but he is definitely extremely intelligent.


Dorner was fired by the LAPD for submitting a police brutality report about other officers that the department claimed was false. With the LAPD's long, dark history there is a better than even chance that Dorner was telling the truth at the time and was cashiered because the officers he turned in were better connected within the department. Being unfairly fired is no excuse for murder, of course, but it happens on a regular basis here in the US. Only most of the other workplace-related violence is usually committed by people without Dorner's extensive military and police training.


Last edited by xeno000; 02-08-2013 at 03:13 PM.
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #32
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,745
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
He's actually more of a supervillain than superhero.

He's not a super anything.

Also, the LAPD needs to get a freakin' grip and stop shooting at anyone in a vehicle similar to his, or they're not gonna be any better than him.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

To be fair, it's not the entire LAPD that are flipping out. No doubt they're all scared, which is fair enough, but I'm sure there are plenty of rational officers among them who won't wildly shoot up every blue truck they see. The two cops who blasted those women probably got the reaming of their lives from the bosses, and I'll be surprised if they don't (at the very least) loose their badges as a result.

For every over zealous cowboy cop who shoots first, there are a thousand others who would keep their distance, call for backup and used their car's PA speaker to tell the occupants of the truck to get out nice and slow.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #34
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,575
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
To be fair, it's not the entire LAPD that are flipping out. No doubt they're all scared, which is fair enough, but I'm sure there are plenty of rational officers among them who won't wildly shoot up every blue truck they see. The two cops who blasted those women probably got the reaming of their lives from the bosses, and I'll be surprised if they don't (at the very least) loose their badges as a result.

For every over zealous cowboy cop who shoots first, there are a thousand others who would keep their distance, call for backup and used their car's PA speaker to tell the occupants of the truck to get out nice and slow.
This is worse than that though. The entire LAPD police culture seems to be supporting these heinous actions. The police spokesmen are not betraying one ounce of apology or even critical examination of these actions. The only people openly asking these questions are on online boards like this one, not even the media is commenting how wrong this is.

The police have even issued a public advisory for anybody with a similar model of car to stay off the road for their own safety. How the **** is that even a starting point in a functioning democracy? This is more than a few rogue cops at work.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #35
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

For the most part, I'm speculating. My main point though, is that whatever mad-culture the LAPD may or may not have, I don't believe that every single cop in Southern California is just going to open fire on the mere chance it might be Dorner. That's not to say they the majority of them aren't out to kill the guy, I'm pretty sure they are, only that we can't automatically condemn every officer for the gun-totting actions of a select few.

It's important to keep in mind that all the routine traffic stops that occur without incident don't make the news.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Just got through reading the whole manifesto. Although it's clear that not all of his dogs are barking, he's seems to be fairly intelligent person. He's said some pretty damning things about the LAPD, that if it's proven to be true, would open a nasty can of worms. Though it's funny that the part that the media seems to dwell on is the celebrity part...not exactly waht mr Dorner had in mind.

Moreover, judging from how he wrote the manifesto-almost like a report-with mentioning not just individual names but also times,dates and places, you'd be inclined to believe that he was telling the truth. Almost perfect grammar, Syntax and everyting...this is clearly an educated person.

The scary thing in the manifesto is the part where he mentioned how he's going to achieve his goals...

It's not : 'i'm gonna kill you all mothertruckers!'

...but the way he calmly described how he's going to do it by using what seems to be millitary and police procedures...

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #37
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

An excerpt from his manifesto:

Quote:
whatever pre-planned responses you have established for a scenario like me, shelve it Whatever
contingency plan you have, shelve it. whatever tertiary plan you've created, shelve it. I am a walking
exigent circumstance with no OFF or reset button JRIC, DOJ, LASD, FBI and other local LE l:an't assist and
should not involve themselves in a matter that does not concern them. For all other agencies, do not
involve yourself in this capture or recovery of me, Look at the big picture ofthe situation. They
created the situation. will harm no outside agency unless it is a deadly force/lDOL situation. with
today's budgeting and fiscal mess, you guys can not afford lose several officers to IOD or Plus,
other officers should not have to take on the additional duties and responsibilities ofdead officers.
Think abouttheirfamilies, outside agencies, chiefs/nirectors

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #38
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,575
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
For the most part, I'm speculating. My main point though, is that whatever mad-culture the LAPD may or may not have, I don't believe that every single cop in Southern California is just going to open fire on the mere chance it might be Dorner. That's not to say they the majority of them aren't out to kill the guy, I'm pretty sure they are, only that we can't automatically condemn every officer for the gun-totting actions of a select few.

It's important to keep in mind that all the routine traffic stops that occur without incident don't make the news.
But we can condemn an entire police force that creates a culture that empowers a small number of violent rogues to act with impunity, knowing they will not be denounced or held accountable by their colleagues.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #39
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,078
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
But we can condemn an entire police force that creates a culture that empowers a small number of violent rogues to act with impunity, knowing they will not be denounced or held accountable by their colleagues.
I can agree with that. It's important to remember that within that decades old culture of corruption and violence, there are genuinely good individuals doing good work. But the organization as a whole? Yeah, it's pretty clear there's something systematically wrong with it.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #40
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

What's interesting to me is, people being surprised that these kind of things happens with organisation such as the police force.

Corruption is inevitable with every organisation that holds any kind of power.It's just human nature.

What sad is when something like Christopher Dorner happens.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #41
Cosmic
Theosophist
 
Cosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Tower of Fate
Posts: 3,344
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Ok, I read Dorner's letter yesterday, and I've been thinking about it all day. This guy really needed a friend, or someone to talk to about all of these problems. It seems to me that in the process and aftermath of being investigated and fired, he was completely shut out and abandoned by his peers. He crossed the line, he broke the code, and they punished him by ruining his career. Yes, he should go to prison for the rest of his life for killing those people...but I don't believe he will let himself be taken alive.

Dorner had a clean record. He was intelligent, talented and dedicated to service. He needed some serious anger management counseling, and a transfer to a different precinct. Maybe if his supervisors had been paying attention, or cared at all, then they might have taken steps such as these to address these issues and turn this man into a successful career veteran instead of a tragedy.

I think that people who are trained to use deadly force in the performance of their professional duties should get more specialized attention than they currently do when they're transitioning into a different job. Most importantly in cases when they're being released against their wishes! Someone who's trained in all types of warfare tactics and assault weapons shouldn't get tossed out onto the street with little or no support. It happens all the time...every day, all over the country. It's time for some serious changes.

__________________
Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #42
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,845
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Dorner should of gone to the press or internal affairs or something about the LAPD corruption. Someone would take his allegations seriously. Going on a crazy shooting spree isn't going to improve anything.

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #43
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,179
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Ok, I read Dorner's letter yesterday, and I've been thinking about it all day. This guy really needed a friend, or someone to talk to about all of these problems. It seems to me that in the process and aftermath of being investigated and fired, he was completely shut out and abandoned by his peers. He crossed the line, he broke the code, and they punished him by ruining his career. Yes, he should go to prison for the rest of his life for killing those people...but I don't believe he will let himself be taken alive.

Dorner had a clean record. He was intelligent, talented and dedicated to service. He needed some serious anger management counseling, and a transfer to a different precinct. Maybe if his supervisors had been paying attention, or cared at all, then they might have taken steps such as these to address these issues and turn this man into a successful career veteran instead of a tragedy.

I think that people who are trained to use deadly force in the performance of their professional duties should get more specialized attention than they currently do when they're transitioning into a different job. Most importantly in cases when they're being released against their wishes! Someone who's trained in all types of warfare tactics and assault weapons shouldn't get tossed out onto the street with little or no support. It happens all the time...every day, all over the country. It's time for some serious changes.
Hit the nail on the head.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #44
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

I really don't think that we can assume he had no one talking to him or trying to help him based on this manifesto. He obviously did have friends he cared about, who were good to him, and he mentioned them in the letter.

Who knows how much of this is true? The bottom line is, regardless of what happened with the police force, in an effort to clear his name, he immediately killed two innocent people. He's got an obvious death wish. He's an LA cop killer now...he's going to get his wish.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
Visceral
Side-Kick
 
Visceral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,134
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

I can see him kill the man he had a beef with, you know warrior to warrior. but kill the daughter? Thats a line I don't think the punisher would even cross.

__________________

Before we begin does anyone want to get out?
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #46
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,052
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Yeah, we don't need to compare real life **** to comic books.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #47
Optimus27932
Side-Kick
 
Optimus27932's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 404
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Ok, I read Dorner's letter yesterday, and I've been thinking about it all day. This guy really needed a friend, or someone to talk to about all of these problems. It seems to me that in the process and aftermath of being investigated and fired, he was completely shut out and abandoned by his peers. He crossed the line, he broke the code, and they punished him by ruining his career. Yes, he should go to prison for the rest of his life for killing those people...but I don't believe he will let himself be taken alive.

Dorner had a clean record. He was intelligent, talented and dedicated to service. He needed some serious anger management counseling, and a transfer to a different precinct. Maybe if his supervisors had been paying attention, or cared at all, then they might have taken steps such as these to address these issues and turn this man into a successful career veteran instead of a tragedy.

I think that people who are trained to use deadly force in the performance of their professional duties should get more specialized attention than they currently do when they're transitioning into a different job. Most importantly in cases when they're being released against their wishes! Someone who's trained in all types of warfare tactics and assault weapons shouldn't get tossed out onto the street with little or no support. It happens all the time...every day, all over the country. It's time for some serious changes.
Bingo, this is it right here.

Optimus27932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #48
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector
 
Gotham Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 2,327
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

LAPD: In order to protect innocent civilians, we'll ram their vehicles off the road and shoot at them with the intent to kill.

Way to prove the nutjob's point about how corrupt your police force is.

Gotham Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun
 
Brain Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
LAPD: In order to protect innocent civilians, we'll ram their vehicles off the road and shoot at them with the intent to kill.

Way to prove the nutjobs point about how corrupt your police force is.
Wait.... please don't tell me this is a real quote.

__________________
WHO APPOINTED THE BATMAN?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #50
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector
 
Gotham Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 2,327
Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
LAPD: In order to protect innocent civilians, we'll ram their vehicles off the road and shoot at them with the intent to kill.

Way to prove the nutjob's point about how corrupt your police force is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Wait.... please don't tell me this is a real quote.
It isn't. I was more so paraphrasing. But heck, it might as well be a real quote. Actions speak louder than words, right?



Disgusting.

Gotham Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.