The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #51
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

you just know there's going to be a movie based on this.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #52
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Charlie Sheen wants Dorner to contact him so they can talk it out.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #53
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Well, that will surely be some solid advice.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #54
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Oh yeah, I'm sure he's going to be a big help.

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #55
Lord
All Mighty

For a moment i thought it was a real quote too

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #56
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
It isn't. I was more so paraphrasing. But heck, it might as well be a real quote. Actions speak louder than words, right?

Disgusting.
I don't know what chaps my ass more, A. they shot at someone they didn't see, B. they didn't just shoot a warning shot, they lit that truck up like the fourth of july, or C. Even after that hail of gunfire, they didn't even kill their intended target.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #57
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
I don't know what chaps my ass more, A. they shot at someone they didn't see, B. they didn't just shoot a warning shot, they lit that truck up like the fourth of july, or C. Even after that hail of gunfire, they didn't even kill their intended target.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the exact same way.

And now, there's no bigger picture. Dorner has murdered innocent civilians, and the LAPD have now attempted the same act as him. Murder on multiple innocent civilians. Whether or not they were successful is irrelevant, it's all about the intent.

They're both equal scum and I hope despite the media's attempt to maintain focus on Dorner and portray him as more evil, is seen through for what it is. A joke. This is an equal playing field now in terms of moral. And no badge changes that.

Gotham Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #58
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:

And now, there's no bigger picture. Dorner has murdered innocent civilians, and the LAPD have now attempted the same act as him. Murder on multiple innocent civilians. Whether or not they were successful is irrelevant, it's all about the intent.

They're both equal scum and I hope despite the media's attempt to maintain focus on Dorner and portray him as more evil, is seen through for what it is. A joke. This is an equal playing field now in terms of moral. And no badge changes that.
I'm going to disagree with you on this one, Dorner isn't the only one who got screwed by this department, should everyone who lost their job kill their boss? or their bosses daughter? Its never an equal playing field. You can take 5 different people into one room and they will all see something different, and none of them will have lied.

Those cops who shot that truck will be fired and sued to high hell as they were in clear violation of policy. Their lives are going to be **** from here on out. Anyone who has any connection to LAPD knows they are still dealing with lawsuits from 94, and rampart, and this situation is going to make it an even bigger political nightmare. Wouldn't be surprised if LAPD folds under bankruptcy and LASO takes over for awhile.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #59
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I do not think that is a good idea. Who knows what would happen if a chemically-enraged, dangerous walking psychopath met with Chris Dorner.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #60
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I have as much faith in police as you can have in any person you don't know wielding a gun. In other words, not much.

The scary part is that they can get away with murder, thanks to there being little to no oversight.

But then that's why I support the second amendment.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #61
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I do not think that is a good idea. Who knows what would happen if a chemically-enraged, dangerous walking psychopath met with Chris Dorner.
They'd probably have a good cry and hug it out. He might be the best person in the world to get the guy to chill.

And in return, maybe Sheen could help out Dorner.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #62
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Ha ha, I am actually quite pro-police. I am against the ideology of citizens arming themselves for protection/potential overthrow of the government, and would sooner trust trained officers with guns rather than every other neighbour armed with intent to use on another person.

But the cops are not acting like cops right now, they are acting as their own private revenge militia. Because I am pro-police, this offends and hurts me at a deep level.
I'm on the opposite end of this. I don't agree with this guy's actions, but I do beleive in people arming themselves against the pigs, not good cops mind you, but the ones who want to patrol and control, not serve and protect. This doesn't surprise me at all. California , especially the LAPD have been provoking this for years. The Panthers and others tried to bring this to light, but either no one listens or just sweeps it under the rug.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #63
James
Built from Lego

Quote:

You do realize that out of the 10,000+ police officers in Los Angeles only two of them shot up that truck, right? The LAPD as an organization is flawed due to it's systematic corruption, no one's going to argue against that (well, maybe the LAPD's Public Relations department) but don't let the actions of a select few determine your judgement of every single cop in LA.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #64
Cosmic
Theosophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I really don't think that we can assume he had no one talking to him or trying to help him based on this manifesto. He obviously did have friends he cared about, who were good to him, and he mentioned them in the letter.
Most of the friends he mentions in the letter are mentors and contacts from his past, before he got fired. As a youth...in college...as a Naval officer in training, etc. Reality is, most people don't exactly keep in touch with their Drill Instructors from basic training. He was clearly living in isolation for the past few years.

Quote:
Who knows how much of this is true? The bottom line is, regardless of what happened with the police force, in an effort to clear his name, he immediately killed two innocent people. He's got an obvious death wish. He's an LA cop killer now...he's going to get his wish.
Yes, he probably will. But this whole situation is so much more complicated than that. This is about mental health, racism, the culture of the LAPD, police brutality, public safety, accountability and ethics...the list can go on. It will be beneficial for the LAPD and the community at large to understand how this situation came about and what could've been done to prevent it.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #65
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Why does the LAPD seem to fail at their jobs so much more often than any other major PD in the country?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #66
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I have as much faith in police as you can have in any person you don't know wielding a gun. In other words, not much.

The scary part is that they can get away with murder, thanks to there being little to no oversight.

But then that's why I support the second amendment.
How does the second amendment protect you from cops who wield guns with impunity?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #67
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

You shoot yourself before the cops can shoot you, duh.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #68
Apollo
Canned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Why does the LAPD seem to fail at their jobs so much more often than any other major PD in the country?

The LAPD has a long history of hiring officers that are highly unstable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOVFbOqpoE

I rest my case...

Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #69
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
How does the second amendment protect you from cops who wield guns with impunity?
Cops are going to show a bit more discretion when everyone is armed to the teeth.

Though the real point was that it's better to take care of your own personal protection than rely on a bunch of not particularly well paid, disciplined or trained public servants.

Especially when it's the LAPD, given the department's stellar record.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #70
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Cops are going to show a bit more discretion when everyone is armed to the teeth.

Though the real point was that it's better to take care of your own personal protection than rely on a bunch of not particularly well paid, disciplined or trained public servants.
I am so not trying to get into this argument right now, but I'd just like to point out that if anything, this situation proves the exact opposite.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #71
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Well, that will surely be some solid advice.
You obviously underestimate the negotiation skills of a warlock with tiger blood.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #72
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I am so not trying to get into this argument right now, but I'd just like to point out that if anything, this situation proves the exact opposite.
Cops shooting an old unarmed lady?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #73
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:

Especially when it's the LAPD, given the department's stellar record.
How well disciplined and trained do you think the average gun owner is? I'll wager they've trained less than the LAPD, dismal as that organization is.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #74
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Cops shooting an old unarmed lady?
He means that, when there's a cop-hating, gun-toting weirdo on the streets, cops become even more jumpy, not less.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #75
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
He means that, when there's a cop-hating, gun-toting weirdo on the streets, cops become even more jumpy, not less.
Are you deliberately missing the point? If citizens are armed, police will think twice before firing indiscriminately at people. I'm not talking about the fugitive. I'm talking about the bystanders. The people in their homes.

Granted, the LAPD may be a bad example, since they're exceptionally inept.