The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #76
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You do realize that out of the 10,000+ police officers in Los Angeles only two of them shot up that truck, right? The LAPD as an organization is flawed due to it's systematic corruption, no one's going to argue against that (well, maybe the LAPD's Public Relations department) but don't let the actions of a select few determine your judgement of every single cop in LA.
Here's the thing, the simple masses are much more likely to be outraged about the innocent victims of Dorner than they will ever be about the innocent victims of the LAPD officers.

The police will get a slap on the wrist and the public won't even blink. Dorner is being hunted like a wild animal and the masses will celebrate his death even though he was trying to expose epidemic corruption the only way possible and his victims were no more sacred than the LAPD's victims. It's night and day. People are brainwashed beyond belief.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #77
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Are you deliberately missing the point? If citizens are armed, police will think twice before firing indiscriminately at people. I'm not talking about the fugitive. I'm talking about the bystanders. The people in their homes.

Granted, the LAPD may be a bad example, since they're exceptionally inept.
I dunno about that.

The cops know most people have too much invested to take a shot at a cop.

It's instant life in prison.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #78
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Here's the thing, the simple masses are much more likely to be outraged about the innocent victims of Dorner than they will ever be about the innocent victims of the LAPD officers.

The police will get a slap on the wrist and the public won't even blink. Dorner is being hunted like a wild animal and the masses will celebrate his death even though he was trying to expose epidemic corruption the only way possible and his victims were no more sacred than the LAPD's victims. It's night and day. People are brainwashed beyond belief.
That's not really what I was talking about. I'm not saying we as the public should be outraged more or less by one thing or the other, only that we shouldn't blame the entire LAPD for the mistakes of a few officers. That's all.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #79
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

If the six idiots who shot up that truck came to your house, with the intent to kill you and your family, you'd be happy to have a gun.

Yes, you might go to jail. But still better than being gunned down helplessly, as these two women nearly were, by Los Angeles' finest.

I really can't think of a better argument for a civilian right to firearms than the LAPD.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #80
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I think it's silly that supporters are calling him The Dark Knight.

Everyone should know he's more like Mace Windu.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #81
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Are you deliberately missing the point? If citizens are armed, police will think twice before firing indiscriminately at people. I'm not talking about the fugitive. I'm talking about the bystanders. The people in their homes.
If citizens are armed then police will have to expect ANY confrontation to have the possibility of turning extremely violent and even lethal. That means every traffic stop, every routine questioning, everything. Think about how many people get into shouting matches with cops, do you really believe that in those scenarios cops would be LESS likely to use their guns when the person is armed? Seriously?

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #82
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
If citizens are armed then police will have to expect ANY confrontation to have the possibility of turning extremely violent and even lethal. That means every traffic stop, every routine questioning, everything. Think about how many people get into shouting matches with cops, do you really believe that in those scenarios cops would be LESS likely to use their guns when the person is armed? Seriously?
You realize that in many states, most citizens are armed?

Crazy places like Idaho.

So, yes, seriously.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #83
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
That's not really what I was talking about. I'm not saying we as the public should be outraged more or less by one thing or the other, only that we shouldn't blame the entire LAPD for the mistakes of a few officers. That's all.
But one should keep in mind that the LAPD has an entire culture of corruption so those who don't fight against it either tolerate it or support it fully which makes them all somewhat complicit.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #84
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
But one should keep in mind that the LAPD has an entire culture of corruption so those who don't fight against it either tolerate it or support it fully which makes them all somewhat complicit.
Quote:
You do realize that out of the 10,000+ police officers in Los Angeles only two of them shot up that truck, right? The LAPD as an organization is flawed due to it's systematic corruption, no one's going to argue against that (well, maybe the LAPD's Public Relations department) but don't let the actions of a select few determine your judgement of every single cop in LA.
Dorner (allegedly) fought corruption, and lost his job as a result. If a police officer is aware of corruption but doesn't partake, does their job honestly and with distinction does that make them complicit? Sure. That doesn't mean, at least by my way of thinking, that they should be judged the same as the guys who open fire on civilians. It's chalk and cheese.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #85
Holiday
'Bout that action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
It isn't. I was more so paraphrasing. But heck, it might as well be a real quote. Actions speak louder than words, right?

Disgusting.
It's bizarre that they know they're searching for one man yet shot multiple times at two people. Where their heads were, at that.

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #86
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
You realize that in many states, most citizens are armed?

Crazy places like Idaho.

So, yes, seriously.
I told myself I wouldn't get into this argument and I won't. You've stated your opinion, I've stated mine. To each his own.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #87
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Multiple officers no less (some reports say at least six).

The fact that the two women survived (granted, they are hospitalized) is amazing.

This is unusually egregious, even by the LAPD's already low standards.

Apparently some of the officers involved have been placed on leave.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #88
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Dorner (allegedly) fought corruption, and lost his job as a result. If a police officer is aware of corruption but doesn't partake, does their job honestly and with distinction does that make them complicit? Sure. That doesn't mean, at least by my way of thinking, that they should be judged the same as the guys who open fire on civilians. It's chalk and cheese.
That's the thing they can't do their jobs honestly. They have to play ball or ignore abuses done right before their eyes. If they snitch they end up on a long lonely road where Dorner and ended up getting mocked and laughed out the department.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #89
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
That's the thing they can't do their jobs honestly. They have to play ball or ignore abuses done right before their eyes. If they snitch they end up on a long lonely road where Dorner and ended up getting mocked and laughed out the department.
Uh huh. I'm not disagreeing with you. All I'm saying is, people shouldn't lump those guys (the compliant cops who do their jobs without incident) in with the ones who open fire on civilians.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #90
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
If a police officer is aware of corruption but doesn't partake, does their job honestly and with distinction . . .

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #91
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Uh huh. I'm not disagreeing with you. All I'm saying is, people shouldn't lump those guys (the compliant cops who do their jobs without incident) in with the ones who open fire on civilians.
Why not? They encourage and empower the arrogant attitude and culture that allow police abuses to flourish.

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

If the majority of the LAPD fought against the daily abuses, they would end the next day. So they all share the responsibility in current and future abuses.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #92
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #93
James
Built from Lego

I've never agreed with Burke.

Someone keeping their head down and going about their business isn't as bad as shooting an unarmed civilian, not in my opinion anyway. Especially when you consider a lot of those cops who aren't fighting corruption are probably busy using their time doing good work, putting their lives on the line everyday. I'm not going to lump good honest cops in with the trigger happy ones just because they're not running to IAD every five minutes.

Frankly I think lumping them together isn't just wrong, it's outright disrespectful.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #94
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
I've never agreed with Burke.

Someone keeping their head down and going about their business isn't as bad as shooting an unarmed civilian, not in my opinion anyway. Especially when you consider a lot of those cops who aren't fighting corruption are probably busy using their time doing good work, putting their lives on the line everyday. I'm not going to lump good honest cops in with the trigger happy ones just because they're not running to IAD every five minutes.

Frankly I think lumping them together isn't just wrong, it's outright disrespectful.
Sorry I respect whistleblowers, not the people who empower the corrupt with inaction.

Yes some cops who tolerate corruption help some people but at what cost? Countless victims of unchallenged police abuse.

The whistleblower deserves so much more respect it's not even funny.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #95
James
Built from Lego

I never said people shouldn't respect the cops who do fight corruption.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #96
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
I never said people shouldn't respect the cops who do fight corruption.
I'm just clarifying who deserves respect in my opinion.

The people who fight corruption not the ones who accept it and thereby empower it.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #97
James
Built from Lego

Fair enough.

Other than both having respect for the good cops who fight corruption, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the rest.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #98
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Dorner is being hunted like a wild animal and the masses will celebrate his death even though he was trying to expose epidemic corruption the only way possible and his victims were no more sacred than the LAPD's victims.
The only way possible is by murdering civilians?

Dorner is no hero in this story.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #99
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
The only way possible is by murdering civilians?

Dorner is no hero in this story.
He tried to get attention as a whistleblower and was ignored by the media and the LAPD chain of command.

Now he has a global audience and has brought the worlds attention to the problems of the LAPD and police corruption everywhere.

Could he have just let it go and live the remainder of his life quietly? Yes, but then there's no chance anything changes.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." JFK

Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #100
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

And by murdering innocent civilians, he has made himself no better than anyone he ever fought against.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote