The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #101
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Default Re: Cop killer on the run calls out to celebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
And by murdering innocent civilians, he has made himself no better than anyone he ever fought against.
So true.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #102
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
And by murdering innocent civilians, he has made himself no better than anyone he ever fought against.
I agree to an extent.

But it's war to Dorner and psychological warfare is one of the very few advantages he can get.

Things aren't black and white in any war.

The US caused tens of millions of civilian deaths during WW2. Let those numbers sink in. Those people were just as innocent as Dorner's victims. Regardless of that most people don't equate the US to the Axis Powers. We still found the American end game as a noble and worthy cause.

The LAPD has had countless victims of police abuse. Dorner's body count inflicts barely a fraction of the level of suffering the LAPD has inflicted on entire communities for decades.

But I agree that Dorner hurts his cause incredibly by targeting an unarmed couple. I'm hoping he is able to upload a video to clarify his motives and involvement.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #103
Victarion
Cut

That's war for you. This, however, is not a "war" of that magnitude. The LAPD are to be held accountable to a higher power ordained by the Law, not some lunatic who'd just as soon target their families.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #104
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
That's war for you. This, however, is not a "war" of that magnitude. The LAPD are to be held accountable to a higher power ordained by the Law, not some lunatic who'd just as soon target their families.
The cops were lunatics too.

Those women were delivering newspapers in a vehicle completely different from Dorner's. Now those women are covered in bullet holes.

At least, Dorner's victims were an actual target based on logical planning.

Oh and cops are almost never held accountable. The routine procedure is to give them a slap on wrist for the same misdeeds a non-cop would get life in prison for.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #105
Victarion
Cut

That needs to change, and there needs to be a public outcry against haphazard use of firepower. I still can't ignore the fact that Dorner killed folks he had no right to kill. He acted out of decorum and threw his mortal cause out the window.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #106
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Held accountable my ass. How many times do we see cops, beat, tazer, and murder innocent people with no consequence? And to top it all off, many of them lie about it.

There needs to be more oversight now. Police brutality is out of control.

We'll see what happens with these idiots, but I'd be surprised if any of them get charged with anything. Or fired for that matter.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #107
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Not that Dorner shouldn't be brought to justice, tried for murder, etc. But this case just highlights how insane things are becoming, when cops open fire on an old lady for driving a car that vaguely resembles the one a suspect is driving.

*** is out of control.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #108
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Worse, even.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #109
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Am I reading these posts correctly....

The killing of these innocent people is justified because it is calling attention to the corruption in the LAPD.

Am I reading them correctly???????

It's a full moon isn't it?????

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
… Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #110
James
Built from Lego

Pretty much. I'm not quite sure anyone's put it quite that frankly, but it definitely seems like there's a poster or two who are trying to justify Dorner's unjustifiable actions.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #111
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

The second Dorner took an innocent life, he threw any shred of moral credibility out the window.

Quote:
At least, Dorner's victims were an actual target based on logical planning.
??

Is that supposed to make it less or more evil? I'm confused, so please explain that to me.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #112
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

LA Cops are Nuts. I was road tripping had NY plates these two cops drove on the oposite side of the road to pretend to hit me when i was in the turning lanes.

They pulled up beside me looned at me and started laughing and drove away.

People are freaks.

I'm Old Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #113
James
Built from Lego

Serves you right for driving along while minding your own business!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 AM   #114
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

It's disturbing to see how much support this guy is getting all over the net.They're talking about the 'Dorner manifesto' now...

I have the feeling that it's not that people actually understood what 'point 'he's trying to make, it's more that most people just glad that the LAPD are being targeted by this whacko.

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 AM   #115
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's not like he's focused his killing at (allegedly) corrupt police officers either. The guy's killed at least two civilians so far. There are certain elements to Dorner's actions and motives that if looked at in a certain light could be considered heroic. Hunting down bad cops who wronged him! The law turned on him so he turned on the law!
The guy killed his old captain's daughter and her fiance. That doesn't sound like justice at all. And NOT heroic. He's fulfilling his own selfish needs.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #116
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

The people calling Dorner heroic are idiots who don't even know the facts of the situation, and considering innocent people are dead right now, I really don't care if I offend anyone with that or not.

What the **** did his old captain's daughter and her fiance have to do with corruption in the LAPD?

Seriously, learn what you're talking about and stop casting him as a Dirty Harry-style hero in some five-year-old boy's fantasy.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #117
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
The second Dorner took an innocent life, he threw any shred of moral credibility out the window.

??

Is that supposed to make it less or more evil? I'm confused, so please explain that to me.
I was responding to the idea that Dorner is more crazy and unstable than the cops who shoot up innocent women.

I don't think he is, necessarily.

Last edited by MessiahDecoy123; 02-10-2013 at 08:01 AM.
MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #118
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
The people calling Dorner heroic are idiots who don't even know the facts of the situation, and considering innocent people are dead right now, I really don't care if I offend anyone with that or not.

What the **** did his old captain's daughter and her fiance have to do with corruption in the LAPD?

Seriously, learn what you're talking about and stop casting him as a Dirty Harry-style hero in some five-year-old boy's fantasy.
Some people hate the LAPD because of reputation or personal experience and think Dorner, while flawed, is the lesser of two evils.

Which is reasonable in my eyes.

And I'd say this is more like an Alan Moore fantasy than a 5 year old's fantasy.

A 5 year old, like many Americans, can't comprehend how or why many police can be bad people because the police are always supposed to be the good guys. <--- 5 y.o. logic

Last edited by MessiahDecoy123; 02-10-2013 at 07:43 AM.
MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #119
Victarion
Cut

On the flip side, slidding all the cops under the umbrella of the corrupt isn't too far from angry child's logic when you think about it. I'm not saying there isn't corruption; I'm saying that in these circumstances that is the last thing anyone should be worried about.

This can't be compared to the events of a comic at all.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #120
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
On the flip side, slidding all the cops under the umbrella of the corrupt isn't too far from angry child's logic when you think about it. I'm not saying there isn't corruption; I'm saying that in these circumstances that is the last thing anyone should be worried about.

This can't be compared to the events of a comic at all.
Yet many reasonable people have that exact attitude about Washington politics. They slide all politicians under the umbrella of the corrupt and no one for second suggest that it's childish. Probably because it's true to some extent.

The culture of corruption and police abuse does not allow nobility or honesty to exist within it any more than K street.

and you're saying we shouldn't be discussing police abuse and corruption right now. If not now then when? Right now it's a national media topic only because of Dorner.

and how can you say this is nothing like an Alan Moore comic? A man labeled a terrorist by a corrupt, draconian society is hunted by police while going on a murdering spree that blurs the line between revolution and personal revenge. Am I referring to V for Vendetta or Dorner?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #121
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I wouldn't be surpised if more shady cops of the LAPD are operating a shoot on sight policy with Dorner. They may have no intention of taking him alive with the talk of authorities possibly taking a closer look at his corruption allegations. Better he not be alive to answer questions about that.

Dorner will probably kill himself before being taken alive. His manifesto had suicide note elements.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #122
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

The best thing he can do for his vendetta is kill himself where nobody can find his body.

He'll become an urban legend (one of the biggest in history) and LAPD will always wonder if he's still a threat or if he got away happy.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #123
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Just another psycho loon who will be in the ground shortly with any luck.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #124
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Some people hate the LAPD because of reputation or personal experience and think Dorner, while flawed, is the lesser of two evils.

Which is reasonable in my eyes.
Flawed?

How the **** is a lone gunman going around shooting innocent civilians the lesser evil than policemen doing the same thing?

Are you drunk?

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #125
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
The guy killed his old captain's daughter and her fiance. That doesn't sound like justice at all. And NOT heroic. He's fulfilling his own selfish needs.
I wonder, did you actually continue reading the rest of the thread and see my additional posts before you took part of my post out of context and decided to respond, or did you just not understand at all what I was saying? Probably both, if I had to guess. I want you to pay attention to the bold part here that you cut out, because what I actually said was:

Quote:
It's not like he's focused his killing at (allegedly) corrupt police officers either. The guy's killed at least two civilians so far. There are certain elements to Dorner's actions and motives that if looked at in a certain light could be considered heroic. Hunting down bad cops who wronged him! The law turned on him so he turned on the law! All very Hollywood. But the sad truth is that whatever justifications Dorner has made for his actions are far outweighed by his crazy.
Perhaps I should have put the parts with exclamation marks in tidy quotation marks or italicized them to really drive home the sarcasm, but it looks like everyone but you recognized it without any trouble. Next time you're going to quote someone and completely misunderstand what they're saying, at least have the decency to quote their entire post, if not read everything else they've written.