The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Old 03-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #176
MattKayser

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

I'd love to see a Darth Bane film, preferably the story from Path of Destruction.

It would be interesting to have a Sith as a protagonist, I think.

MattKayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #177
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Default Re: Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

You know, I know there was talk of an origin film, but I don't think we need any sort of Yoda film anymore. The Clone Wars Yoda arc was perfect in my opinion.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #178
Lobo
skip skip skip

I was about to start a thread for this, but I'd love to see a Rogue Squadron film. We don't need Jedi for it to be interesting. We'd still have cool space battles, alien worlds, bounty hunters etc. We could follow a pilot who is on a mission for the new republic to stop illegal spice trading on a mid rim planet that is having a war between hutts, imperial remnants, and new republic forces. The pilot could infiltrate the hutts organization, and cost a bounty hunter his pay setting them for climactic battle. Someone like Dengar could could act as the main villain

Old 04-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #179
Lord
All Mighty

I think they should leave the spin-offs for the time when they're not doing films of the main series, like on a hiatus between Episode IX and Episode X

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #180
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Knights of the Old Republic, with Christian Bale as Revan.

The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #181
PaulRom
Side-Kick

Darth Maul
Boba Fett
Han Solo & Chewbacca
Knights of the Old Republic
The Force Unleashed

That Jedi samurai movie Zack Snyder was rumored to be directing would be great as well. Also, I'd like a movie that better explores Qui-Gon Jinn. May as well through Mace Windu and/or Yoda in there as well.

PaulRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #182
warhorse78
Side-Kick

I'd like an Obi Wan spin off (I read rumors that we might
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
have an offspring of his show up in the new trilogy
) so there might be a story in that rumor, and definitely a Boba Fett spin off, and perhaps a Han Solo. I'd like to see some thing take place in Alderaan, before it's demise.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:05 PM   #183
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
) so there might be a story in that rumor, and definitely a Boba Fett spin off, and perhaps a Han Solo. I'd like to see some thing take place in Alderaan, before it's demise.

I really hope that rumor doesn't end up being true. Just don't see the point in it.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #184
Beige Lantern
Banned User

This:

Beige Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #185
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I really hope that rumor doesn't end up being true. Just don't see the point in it.
Well, I hope it does!

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #186
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beige Lantern View Post
This:
Han Solo - Michael Fake Jordan
Lando - Jamie Bell
Chewbacca - Miles Teller

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #187
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I know it probably won't happen but I'd like to see a young Obi Wan film, telling the story of his training under Qui Gon Jinn.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #188
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Those rumors certainly make his time in Tatooine all the more interesting, dont they? lol He didnt just sit around doing nothing, and he had a very good time in the cantina (not that i ever thought he did nothing since my imagination is better than that).

To me, Obi-Wan always did interesting stuff for/with the Rebellion without attracting attention to himself obviously. I see him collaborating with Bail Organa from time to time. I'd love to see this explored on film.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:08 AM   #189
Lord
All Mighty

These spin-offs will need to be completely different stories each, i actualy like the rumored choices

Boba Fett: A film in the style of Man with No Name, make it entertaining and smart, don't reveal too much of Boba Fett, jsut let him be badass and steal the scenes he's in, this can work as long as the plot is good and interesting enough.

Solo: Make it a heist type of film in the vein of Ocean's 11 and other similar movies we have seen lately, this genre usualy atracts a certain audience, and that's where you can pull in various new fans for this universe.

Red Five: Make it a war film, maybe with elements from Top Gun. This will be a harder sell for the GA, since it's probably going to mostly be a spaceship battles movie, maybe you'll need some more interesting sub-plots and characters in the middle. Many fans will probably not like the idea, but an interesting romance in the middle could help it have more to explore.

After these, i would like an Obi-Wan movie set between Episode III and IV, probably with flashbacks, since these are not episodic entries, i think you can use structures that you wouldn't otherwise, like flashbacks and out of order events.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 06-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #190
Beige Lantern
Banned User

And I know I won't get it, but I would punch a jellyfish to see this guy on screen:

Beige Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:31 AM   #191
Lord
All Mighty

They did make some EU Jedi canon, i think Thrawn is deserving too.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #192
Lord
All Mighty

Anyone thinks we should one day see a spin-off set during the Clone Wars? Like Assaj Ventress or Grievous. Would like to see a tone more similar to that in the original Clone Wars cartoon with plenty of quiet moments and tension, building and building upon the conflicts in the battlefield.

Old Today, 11:53 AM   #193
Bim
Side-Kick

This is my kind of rumor

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-obi-...ewan-mcgregor/

Quote:
‘Star Wars’ Rumor: Obi-Wan Kenobi Spinoff in the Works

In addition to the upcoming continuing installments of Star Wars – Episode VII will kick off the reinvigorated film series – Lucasfilm will also be releasing three standalone spinoff movies to fill the time between official episodes. Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) and Josh Trank (Fantastic Four) have already been tapped to helm two of the spinoff films, the first of which is expected to premiere in 2016. According to rumors, these movies could revolve around Han Solo, Boba Fett, and/or an X-Wing squad.

However, another character that fans (and actor Ewan McGregor himself) hope to see lead his own spinoff film is Obi-Wan Kenobi. According to a new report, the popularity of the Jedi may have led to Lucasfilm developing his own spinoff.

A new report on Making Star Wars from their source close to the production on the new Star Wars movies claims Obi-Wan Kenobi will be the central figure of one of the franchise’s standalone films. Kenobi is one of the most popular Star Wars characters – he was recently voted the top character in the This Is Madness tournament, beating out Han Solo, Boba Fett, Yoda, and Darth Vader among others. Now, because of the popularity, Lucasfilm has reportedly begun the very early stages of production on an Obi-Wan movie.

Read the source’s full quote:

“I’ve heard from quite a few people now that an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie is in the works. For the spinoff movies they were initially going to stay away from any Jedi or Sith characters. But I’m hearing now that because of the popularity of Obi-Wan (fans recently voting for him on the official website, etc.) that an art team is now working with a writer on concepts for an Obi-Wan movie.”

Though it may come as a surprise that Obi-Wan Kenobi was voted the top character by fans, he’s certainly one of the more universal characters in the series, appearing in the original films, the Expanded Universe fiction, the prequels, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. He’s an iconic figure to every generation of Star Wars fans.

Additionally, as previously stated, an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone film is one of the upcoming Star Wars movies we’d most like to see and there’s plenty of material to use as a jumping off point for the spinoff. An Obi-Wan film could delve into his early years or fill in the gap between episodes I – VI, such as his years in exile before A New Hope – Ewan McGregor, who portrayed the Jedi in the prequel movies, may return for Episode VII (if the rumor is to believed) and has said he’d like to do a spinoff film.

While there may be other characters that fans would like to see in their own standalone films, it’s no surprise Lucasfilm would begin production on an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie given the character’s popularity among fans and casual Star Wars viewers alike. However, considering the early nature of production on an Obi-Wan movie – if the rumor is true, that is – we’re still a long way off from seeing the finished product.

Star Wars: Episode VII premieres in theaters December 18th, 2015.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #194
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Jar Jar Binks Movie please...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #195
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
You like this rumor? That's a surprise!

I'm with you 100%! That's a stand alone film I'd be interested in!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote