The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #26
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: If JL is shelved, what should WB's plan be? World's Finest?

regarding Starro, I still think the first villain should be Ocean Master (a good way to introduce Aquaman?).

In addition to their Atlantean army, they also command a seriously gigantic star shaped sea monster, as homage to Starro, the first JLA villain.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #27
Rorschach2012
$

Im not a fan of a Justice League movie without Superman and Batman. That's not a good idea, no one would see that. The only reason anyone would watch a JL movie is for Batman and Superman. A JL without those two would bomb.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #28
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

A Justice League movie without Superman and Batman will simply not be made. Superman and Batman standing next to each other is the main thing they will sell the movie on.

There are several different things that can happen to this movie. Maybe it will be bad. Maybe it will be good. Maybe it will come out in 2015. Maybe in a decade from now. Maybe it won't have the original line-up. Maybe it will. Maybe it will be in a shared universe along with the TDK trilogy and MOS. Maybe in a different shared universe altogether. Maybe in no shared universe at all. But regardless of how the movie turns out and regardless of the people behind it, there is one fact that will not change no matter what happens....

....Superman and Batman will be in the movie.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I know it won't happen (well maybe one day in the future if they want to go the First Class route) but I just think that'd be a good way if doing it.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
GreenKToo
In the fire

WF's first. Supes and Bats vs Lex and Brainiac. Show at the end that brainiac was in league with darkseid. You could even have batman mention other costumed heroes that he has been monitoring, and show them in surveillance footage that he shot. If that goes well, bring in the other heroes and darkseid and make JL.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 02-09-2013 at 10:01 AM.
GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #31
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

World's Finest is the closest they can do to compete with The Avengers.

Another superhero team-up loses its luster after Marvel did it first. But a live action Superman/Batman movie? Hasn't been done before. That is their hook.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #32
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's apparent that some of you just don't get the reality of the movie industry.

First, JUSTICE LEAGUE isn't being scrapped, they're just not going to use the existing script (according to rumors).

Second, that certainly doesn't mean WB has no idea what to do with a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, or how to make a major motion picture.

Third, yeah, WORLD'S FINEST would be cool, but WB wants JUSTICE LEAGUE. They're not going to abandon it just because the first script/attempt didn't work out anymore than they abandoned the idea of making Batman movies when there were setbacks there and projects that didn't crystallize (including a World's Finest film).

Fourth, don't believe everything you hear just because you hear it. Several years ago, JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL was bashed repeatedly during its development, rumors had the script being terrible, the storyline awful, etc, when the reality is that the script was fairly good, the project had a lot of attention paid to it, and the movie didn't go forward due to budget concerns, which may well be what's happening with this script. Who knows? Let's wait and see.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
GreenKToo
In the fire

Honestly, I think a WF film would make just as much as JL.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Project862006
Banned User

if batman all by himself made as much as the avengers...twice,then i am sure batman and superman together can do big at the BO

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #35
The Guard
Side-Kick

It might, but WORLD'S FINEST doesn't introduce the other characters WB wants to introduce and get audiences familiar with in JUSTICE LEAGUE: The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc.

They don't just want to make JUSTICE LEAGUE because its JUSTICE LEAGUE.

And if I'm right
Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
GreenKToo
In the fire

Imagine a wf film with supes and bats on one side, with joker, lex, and maybe bizarro or grundy on the other.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #37
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I've been saying they should just do World's Finest for years. Its the safest, most effective way to expand their setting, provided they can do a good Superman and Batman. Which is not a sure thing, yes, but if they can't do a good Superman/Batman teamup, they sure as hell aren't going to be able to do JLA.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
GreenKToo
In the fire

Agreed. You could introduce that other superheroes exist through batman...being so distrusting, he would keep tabs on them all.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #39
shauner111
Side-Kick

I agree with The Guard. Even though i think they should delay or scrap this thing in favor of a Worlds Finest or more solos. They just arent going through with it. JL may be scrapped but there's a huge chance that the script will just be cleaned up quite a bit.

The real question is when's the earliest for a JL movie to drop, now that they may have started over? I would say December 2015 could be the earliest but im betting on summer 2016.

But what the hell...ill still take a Superman/Batman combo over this. As long as it doesnt lead to Justice League. Because that would be pointless. The whole point in the huge team up is that you see Bats and Supes meet for the first time AND you get a few other superheroes thrown in the mix.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #40
king666
(‿)

Man of Steel > World's Finest (+ Green Lantern cameo) > Wonder Woman (+ The Flash cameo) > Justice League.

king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #41
kguillou
Side-Kick

I hope I don't get flamed too hard for saying this but....what if they just took a completely different approach and did an epic animated cgi Justice League movie? Like, imagine the opening scene from the DC Universe Online game but an hour and a half longer. I think that would be epic! And being animated means they could go for broke and not have to worry about special effects and budget restrictions. AND they could get fan favorites like Nathan Fillion (Hal Jordan) and Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Tim Daly (Superman) to voice the characters too.

And just because its an animated film doesn't mean it wont rake in dough, Toy Story's raked in tons and tons of cash; if the film is marketed right it could be a humungous hit and still make Avengers money. And all in all i imagine it'll be significantly cheaper to produce as well.

Yay or nay?

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #42
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Worlds finest would be a good reintroduction of batman. The dcau did it that way too after the batman and robin adventures show was gone and superman tas came out.

A batman superman movie would be so bankable. A Super Bowl spot for that movie would be all the marketing it would need.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #43
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I hope I don't get flamed too hard for saying this but....what if they just took a completely different approach and did an epic animated cgi Justice League movie? Like, imagine the opening scene from the DC Universe Online game but an hour and a half longer. I think that would be epic! And being animated means they could go for broke and not have to worry about special effects and budget restrictions. AND they could get fan favorites like Nathan Fillion (Hal Jordan) and Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Tim Daly (Superman) to voice the characters too.

And just because its an animated film doesn't mean it wont rake in dough, Toy Story's raked in tons and tons of cash; if the film is marketed right it could be a humungous hit and still make Avengers money. And all in all i imagine it'll be significantly cheaper to produce as well.

Yay or nay?
We've seen the animated Justice League countless times. Maybe in 20 years when cgi and motion capture and animation in general is better, but for me the appeal of a Justice League movie is seeing these characters in live action

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #44
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
World's Finest is the closest they can do to compete with The Avengers.

Another superhero team-up loses its luster after Marvel did it first. But a live action Superman/Batman movie? Hasn't been done before. That is their hook.
I agree, I thought if they made JL they should have marketed the hell out if those two pairing up. I think Workds Finest would be a great way to go.

With someone talking about using JL to introduce the other heroes, couldn't they be done in solo movies if we were getting Worlds Finest? I men they don't all have to be 200 mil productions. Or they could do WF, then Trinity, then JL so that's your trilogy.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-09-2013 at 12:17 PM.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #45
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Man of Steel

Batman Reboot

Wonder Woman

Worlds Finest- Based off Batman/Superman #8-13 and Action Comics #866-870. Cameo for Hal Jordan and Amanda Waller and Project Cadmus.

Green Lantern Reboot

Flash

Justice League Based on Justice League of America #144 the member of the League are brought together after the Martian Manhunter calls them to his aid. The team rescue him from Martian forces that have started to secretly invade the earth.

Supergirl and the LOS

Batman 2

MOS 2

JLA 2 based off of JLA #43-46 Tower of Babel

Green Lantern 2

Last edited by HR-PUFF&STUFF; 02-09-2013 at 01:26 PM.
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #46
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Third, yeah, WORLD'S FINEST would be cool, but WB wants JUSTICE LEAGUE. They're not going to abandon it just because the first script/attempt didn't work out anymore than they abandoned the idea of making Batman movies when there were setbacks there and projects that didn't crystallize (including a World's Finest film).
That depends on what WB's aim is. If they want to use JL as a springboard for Flash, WW, GL, or Aquaman franchises, then sure, they'll want to make a JL movie. If they're just looking to compete with the Avengers, then they could do that more easily with a WF flick.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #47
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
That depends on what WB's aim is. If they want to use JL as a springboard for Flash, WW, GL, or Aquaman franchises, then sure, they'll want to make a JL movie. If they're just looking to compete with the Avengers, then they could do that more easily with a WF flick.
I really think this whole "competing with Marvel" thing needs to be dropped.

If WB wanted to "compete with Marvel", they could do it with ANY major action/sci-fi franchise.

WB could probably really care less about competing with Marvel. They just want a piece of the booming superhero movie business. They're not neccessarily directly competing for it.

And if I'm right
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #48
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Personally, I'd wait for WB to get the Snyder/Nolan Superman saga out of its system, then wait a couple years; clean the slate entirely - meaning rebooting Superman again, too; start building a single continuity right away by focusing on the team-up franchises of WORLD'S FINEST (Superman + another hero) and THE BRAVE & THE BOLD (Batman + another hero), and have a CGI-animated TV series with an SCU or Cadmus or STAR Labs focus to bridge additional gaps between the two film series and tease/allude to things to come; and build a live-action DCU that way in lieu of worrying about a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, at least at this stage of the game.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #49
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
We've seen the animated Justice League countless times.
Yeah, I don't understand the Logic behind having an ANIMATED justice league at the silver screen to satisfy fans all around the globe.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #50
kguillou
Side-Kick

Well, it could be a much cheaper, much less head-ache inducing alternative if they cannot piece together a live-action one for the time being. If they market it as a kids film that all ages could enjoy like Toy Story or any other Disney/Pixar film, then it could potentially be a huge hit commercially and financially. For the record, I know they're not going to do it, but I think a full length movie DCU Online style would be supremely awesome.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote