The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #651
Cunning Stunts

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: To Trade or not to Trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Even with Peyton throwing a pick six, the Broncos's secondary gave up 3 deep passes for TDs from Baltimore's side of the field.
That pick six shouldn't have happened in the first place. It was clear-cut pass interference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUMVK7YkcRk&t=1m50s

Not to mention the questionable fumble that happened by Peyton later in the game that, although the rule sucks (or sucked, I should say now), should have been a Tuck Rule.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #652
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Even with Peyton throwing a pick six, the Broncos's secondary gave up 3 deep passes for TDs from Baltimore's side of the field.
The Denver defense was sloppy that game, but I will still credit Flacco by saying he is the best deep passer in the league. No other quarterback comes close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
What's the line between someone "choking", and the other team just being better?
The game went into double overtime and was won by a field goal. They were evenly matched. I'd hardly say one was better than the other that day. With that said, Manning threw 2 INTs while Flacco threw none. That's what's on the paper.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #653
Donut
Side-Kick

The Jets release Tim Tebow

Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #654
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Feel bad for Tebow, they should have at least let him start once. Just to silence the critics or at least show what he was capable of.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #655
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

My Raiders and Skins had a good draft weekend. Now I am just waiting to see the results.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #656
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Feel bad for Tebow, they should have at least let him start once. Just to silence the critics or at least show what he was capable of.
I'd imagine Jacksonville is going to pick him up. He is too marketable for a team that can't pay people to come to games to pass up. He will probably kill Gus Bradley's career before it starts, but the fact that Jacksonville did not draft a QB, implies to me that they will pick him up.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #657
Cunning Stunts

I'm banking on a big, fat 'NO' for the Jags.

http://www.thesky973.com/New-GM-Cald...Tebow/15253812

New England, I think. If not New England, then the CFL.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #658
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

He said that at a time when Tebow was signed with another team. He would've been fined if he expressed any interest.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #659
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

According to Adam Schefter, teams came after him but asked if he was willing to play TE and he said no. I honestly think Tebow is going to have become more humble or at least as humble as he and his PR team make him seem and bite the bullet to stay in the NFL.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #660
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'd imagine Jacksonville is going to pick him up. He is too marketable for a team that can't pay people to come to games to pass up. He will probably kill Gus Bradley's career before it starts, but the fact that Jacksonville did not draft a QB, implies to me that they will pick him up.
I don't see it happening. David Caldwell has stated numerous times that Tim Tebow isn't in their future. 2 years ago, Tebow probably would've brought everyone from Jacksonville to the stadium. Who wants to see him now? He's never gonna be a starting QB in this league and Jaguar fans know this. Also, Chad Henne put up some decent numbers last season for the team. He's your starting QB week one.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #661
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

I feel bad for Tebow. He deserved a better shot than what the Jets gave him. They are so incompetent I feel for their fans sometimes....

Old 04-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #662
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Regardless of Tebow's ability, he was royally screwed by the Jets. They had a big press conference for him and everything. Then he is there and while Sanchez is f***ing up, they say "f*** you" and give the job to McElroy instead. I just wish Tebow could just get some starts at QB so it can finally be put to waste whether he is or isn't a fluke. The media attention that he got in Denver warrants him that.

With that said, since none of that is going to happen, he needs to convert to a TE. He surely is disciplined enough to do it. I doubt the man wants to go to the CFL.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #663
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I hate how everyone is praising that 2011 season in Denver. Their kicker Matt Prater was basically the teams MVP.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #664
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Meh, I see both sides. Yes, Tebow's stats were not uber-impressive, but it can't be denied that once he stepped in, he was a quarterback who took his team from the bottom of the division to the division champs. Furthermore, he won a playoff game. He really didn't deserve to lose his starting gig. I am not faulting the Broncos for getting Manning, but Tebow earned a shot.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #665
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I hate how everyone is praising that 2011 season in Denver. Their kicker Matt Prater was basically the teams MVP.
You're right. But if John Skelton and Rex Grossman can be starting QBs for a whole season, Tebow can be a starter for half before getting benched. At least then, Tebowmania will finally die if he fails. And Tebow or not, New York screwed him.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #666
Jim-El
"My Son"

I thought Tebowmania had already died. Still a fan though, but he needs to realize he is not a QB. FB/TE maybe.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #667
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
You're right. But if John Skelton and Rex Grossman can be starting QBs for a whole season, Tebow can be a starter for half before getting benched. At least then, Tebowmania will finally die if he fails. And Tebow or not, New York screwed him.
I agree about New York screwing him, but at this point what team is gonna risk half a season just to see if he'll work? High profile QB's these days in the NFL are so valuable. The days of having a mediocre QB and fantastic defense are out the window for now.

I think Tebow is a fantastic athlete and well respected person. That's why I seriously wish he would reconsider changing positions. I would love to see him have a career in the NFL.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #668
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
I agree about New York screwing him, but at this point what team is gonna risk half a season just to see if he'll work? High profile QB's these days in the NFL are so valuable. The days of having a mediocre QB and fantastic defense are out the window for now.

I think Tebow is a fantastic athlete and well respected person. That's why I seriously wish he would reconsider changing positions. I would love to see him have a career in the NFL.
Pro Football Talk said that if he was willing to switch positions, he would be a New England Patriot.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #669
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:

I agree with you. Tebow seems like such a swell guy and is a physical freak. I know some people say that somebody can't just decide out of the blue to become a TE or a HB/FB, but I think Tebow can.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #670
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I'd love to see Tebow stay in the NFL, no matter the position. Fluctuate between a TE and a backup QB. I don't care. He's just entertaining to watch and a good role model. Football seems to have a lot of egos. He's refreshing.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #671
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Someone should tell Jesus to tell Tebow to become a TE...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #672
kane9321
oakland's finest

the jets screwed tebow...crappy organization

The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 04-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #673
Poeman
Banned User

How did they screw Tebow?...Aside from just letting him play the last 2 games of the season. He has not shown anything in practice that warrants him being back up QB. I think Tebow screwed himself by agreeing to the trade to NY. He should have agreed to the trade to Jaguars when it happened last year

Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #674
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Then what was the point of the whole Tebow saga?

They brought him to NY.
They milked him in front of the media.
They promised "exciting" configurations to utilize him.
They didn't use him.
They skipped him for the 3rd back up.

I mean at least if they let him play and fail, they could have said we tried. I think they might have been afraid if he tried and succeeded.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #675
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Someone should tell Jesus to tell Tebow to become a TE...

Closed Thread