The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #676
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: To Trade or not to Trade?

Funny

I was actually told once that I was a "bad Christian", because I wasn't a Tebow liker.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #677
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

That's because Christians zealots traded Jesus for Tim Tebow years ago. They thought he had more intangibles.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #678
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

It's a shame Tebow is currently & for the foreseeable future out of the job, but the NFL is a business & players have to be productive, otherwise, you're either benched, traded, or released.

H.E.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #679
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
It's a shame Tebow is currently & for the foreseeable future out of the job, but the NFL is a business & players have to be productive, otherwise, you're either benched, traded, or released.
It's his fault. Teams around the league want him to play RB/FB or TE but he's only interested in playing QB, and he's terrible at that position. I'd love to have him in Carolina if he were to play the TE position.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #680
TheBat812
Side-Kick

i thought this was an onion article at first, lol: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...tebow-contract

Quote:
"McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. "I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said."

Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #681
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I'd love to see Tebow stay in the NFL, no matter the position. Fluctuate between a TE and a backup QB. I don't care. He's just entertaining to watch and a good role model. Football seems to have a lot of egos. He's refreshing.
How?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #682
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: The long boring offseason.

Even though there are plenty of relevant topics to discuss, the NFL would like to remind you that the REALLY hot topic out there is WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO TIM TEBOW DID YOU KNOW TEBOW'S NOT A JET ANYMORE OMFG WHERE WILL HE LAND ITS SO EXCITING TO SEE WHAT BENCH HE'LL BE WARMING NEXT YEAR BECAUSE HE'S TIM TEBOW AND THERE'S ONLY ONE TIM TEBOW SO JOIN US TONIGHT ON THE NFL NETWORK WHILE WE COUNTDOWN THE TOP 100 THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT TIM TEBOW.

http://www.nfl.com/
  1. Is there interest in Tebow as a tight end?
  2. Best possible landing spots for Tebow
  3. Tebow release signals new era for Jets
  4. Beat writer comments on Tebow release
  5. Is Tebow better off playing fullback in NFL?
  6. Photo gallery: Tebow through the years

To be fair though, the kid is getting some offers. Who wouldn't want to see him in an Omaha Beef uniform.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...tebow-contract

Old 05-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #683
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

49ers sign Lawrence Okoye. An Olympic discus finalist with no prior football experience. 6'6", 304 lbs and ran the 40 in 4.78 sec. Plan to turn him into a defensive lineman. I like the gamble with an athlete like this.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #684
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Gamble? They're so stacked that it really doesn't matter if he works out for them.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #685
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

As an UDFA? There's no risk AT ALL. If he shows promise then they'll keep him on the practice squad, if not Okoye will be gone before the season starts.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #686
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Gamble was the wrong word but I like the idea of signing a freak athlete with no experience and developing him into a player.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #687
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
Funny

I was actually told once that I was a "bad Christian", because I wasn't a Tebow liker.
Consider me a devil worshiper, then. I can't stand Tim Tebow.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #688
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

As for him as a person, I rather like him. As for the coverage of him, that's what I hated about his time so far in the NFL, which really wasn't his fault. He didn't ask for CBS, ESPN, and other sports outlets to saturate their coverage with him.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #689
Cunning Stunts

Sure, the coverage is annoying, but that isn't what makes me dislike hearing the man talk. It's the constant use of the words 'blessed' and 'our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.'

Be a Christian. Hell, put pictures of Christ and crucifixes everywhere in your house. But stop jamming him down every viewer's throat every time a microphone is put in front of you. I know, I know, "It's his right!"

It's also my right to be annoyed to death with it interrupting my regular TV and/or radio programs. And to dislike the guy for going to speak for that psychotic churn a while back (although he called it off, I don't buy for a second that he didn't know about their radical views beforehand).

I've dealt with firsthand issues with people who are similar to (what we see of) Tebow far too many times not to get aggravated whenever he opened his mouth.

/endrant

Last edited by Cunning Stunts; 05-02-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #690
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

You're quite conceited.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #691
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
Sure, the coverage is annoying, but that isn't what makes me hate the man. It's the constant use of the words 'blessed' and 'our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.'

Be a Christian. Hell, put pictures of Christ and crucifixes everywhere in your house. But stop jamming him down every viewer's throat every time a microphone is put in front of you. I know, I know, "It's his right!"
Someone living out their faith isn't "jamming it down every viewer's throat." He doesn't have to pretend to not be a Christian in order to coddle people's insecurities.

Seems like you hate him simply because he is a Christian in public.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #692
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I think religion and sports shouldn't be fused as one. It's irritating to be honest. 'God' had nothing to do with why you won the Superbowl or why you scored a mult-million dollar contract or why it blessed you with 4.3 speed. If there is a God, I'm sure this all and powerful entity doesn't care what you do for a living.

That said, if Tebow is proud of his faith, then good for him. As long as he isn't denouncing someone else's beliefs, it's okay in my book.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #693
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
You're quite conceited.
Because I dislike when people talk about Jesus every time a microphone is put in front of them? I even stated clearly: It's his right to talk about Jesus, it's my right to dislike it.

I'll take it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Someone living out their faith isn't "jamming it down every viewer's throat." He doesn't have to pretend to not be a Christian in order to coddle people's insecurities.

Seems like you hate him simply because he is a Christian in public.
It's hardly an insecurity. I'm not even bothered by the people thanking God after a win, no matter how backwards it may be (since God then "made" the others lose). Hate is probably a strong word to use for my feelings toward him. I don't hate him, I just hate hearing him talk because every other word is "blessed" or "Jesus". I'm not even an atheist, it's just annoying to hear that. Call me conceited or whatever, but it's something I dislike, and that dislike is fueled by personal experiences.

Last edited by Cunning Stunts; 05-02-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #694
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Sorry Donut.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-stadium-bill

Article on NFL.com stating that Miami has essentially lost the chance to host Super Bowl L because of no public funds to improve the stadium. Further, rumoring that Miami may even lose the Dolphins. Which I don't think will happen, outside the NCAA sports, I would think the Dolphins are the most "popular" team because of it's history in Florida. Heat aside.

Last edited by Erzengel; 05-05-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #695
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Miami not host a Super Bowl? I'll believe that when I see it. It seems about every other one is down there.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #696
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Sorry Donut.

Article on NFL.com stating that Miami has essentially lost the chance to host Super Bowl L because of no public funds to improve the stadium. Further, rumoring that Miami may even lose the Dolphins. Which I don't think will happen, outside the NCAA sports, I would think the Dolphins are the most "popular" team because of it's history in Florida. Heat aside.
Public funding on privately owned and operated stadiums needs to stop. Teams and the League need to man up and fund their own stadium construction/improvements.

For as much as the Redskins suck in every facet of everything, Jack Kent Cooke did it the right way by footing the entire cost of Fed Ex Field.

The fact that Goodell is now "punishing" cities who don't cough up millions of dollars for a private enterprise by taking away the opportunity to host Super Bowls, is loathsome to the point of almost being criminal.

The mayors of all 31 NFL cities should just band together and tell the NFL to piss off. Use the money they get from their ridiculous tax exempt status and fund their own stadiums.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #697
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Sorry Donut.

Heard about that a few days ago ah well

Last edited by Donut; 05-06-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #698
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Public funding on privately owned and operated stadiums needs to stop. Teams and the League need to man up and fund their own stadium construction/improvements.

For as much as the Redskins suck in every facet of everything, Jack Kent Cooke did it the right way by footing the entire cost of Fed Ex Field.

The fact that Goodell is now "punishing" cities who don't cough up millions of dollars for a private enterprise by taking away the opportunity to host Super Bowls, is loathsome to the point of almost being criminal.

The mayors of all 31 NFL cities should just band together and tell the NFL to piss off. Use the money they get from their ridiculous tax exempt status and fund their own stadiums.
I think the Giants and Jets worked together to privately finance their stadium.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #699
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
I'm with you on this. It pisses me off that Atlanta has to replace a 20 year old perfectly functional stadium to get back into the Super Bowl rotation.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #700
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Yet New Orleans has hosted what, six Super Bowls with a place twice as old as the Georgia Dome. Goodell is full of it.