Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #76
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: With New RG3 Bionic Leg Enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I wouldn't mind having the Super Bowl on Saturday and not have to worry about working the next day.
That doesn't seem like a big deal to me, either. Bad weather is a part of football, so the teams will have to adjust if that's the case.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #77
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Still shaking my head at a NY Superbowl. Now they're considering having it on Saturday or delaying it if the weather is bad enough.
If they're already having doubts about a Super Bowl being played in a cold weather enviornment, then it's already failed. The whole idea of this was to experiment having the big game in other markets other than Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, etc.

I'm all for a Super Bowl in cold weather. But if they're seriously considering having it on a Saturday or delaying it untill Tuesday, then the experiment already failed.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #78
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
It's already been a huge topic of conversation of major sportswriters. It wasn't just a single awful call. It was a series of horrendous calls that steered the game to an unfair conclusion. If the NFL wants the Super Bowl to be a free-for-all where holding, tackling defensive players, fumbles after the whistle, and dead ball fouls are legal, they should at least be up front about so both teams can adjust to those "rules".
You're overreacting because your team lost, and they lost fair and square, period. Let it go.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #79
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
If they're already having doubts about a Super Bowl being played in a cold weather enviornment, then it's already failed. The whole idea of this was to experiment having the big game in other markets other than Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, etc.

I'm all for a Super Bowl in cold weather. But if they're seriously considering having it on a Saturday or delaying it untill Tuesday, then the experiment already failed.
I'd like to see one while it's snowing, actually. That would be amazing. Miserable cold weather, nah. But at least they'd probably be more prepared for it up here, unlike it catching them unexpectedly down in Dallas.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #80
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I'm sure if the Packers and Texans play in the Superbowl next year, it will be completely fair to both teams.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #81
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
I'd like to see one while it's snowing, actually. That would be amazing. Miserable cold weather, nah. But at least they'd probably be more prepared for it up here, unlike it catching them unexpectedly down in Dallas.
When was the Super Bowl last played in the Metrodome btw?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #82
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
When was the Super Bowl last played in the Metrodome btw?
I think '91...Redskins/Bills...?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #83
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
You're overreacting because your team lost, and they lost fair and square, period. Let it go.
It was a bigger screwjob than Montreal, and I'll never, ever let it go. I still haven't forgiven Sam and Avi for forcing Topher "Stick Man" Grace on Venom despite 6 years passing. I'm a Raven-hater for life because they have the 49ers SB trophy. Whenever I see purple, I actually see red.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:09 AM   #84
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
It was a bigger screwjob than Montreal, and I'll never, ever let it go. I still haven't forgiven Sam and Avi for forcing Topher "Stick Man" Grace on Venom despite 6 years passing. I'm a Raven-hater for life because they have the 49ers SB trophy. Whenever I see purple, I actually see red.
Fine...if you wanna to piss and moan because your team lost, understandable because it hurts. But in reality it wasn't a screw job and the Ravens won the football game fair and square. You can call it what you want for your own purposes, but what it IS is a fair football championship win.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #85
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
I'm sure if the Packers and Texans play in the Superbowl next year, it will be completely fair to both teams.
If there is a lesson from this year's debacle, it's that all scoring plays should be reviewed, and the refs should be required to overturn them if there is an infraction--even one that wasn't called on the field.

Moreover, there shouldn't be two sets of rules for any teams or any game. You touch or bump a ref, even a bad one like Jerome Boogar, you're gone from the game. Thugs shouldn't be tolerated.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #86
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

My comment about the Packers vs Texans was in regard to the fairness of a snowy Superbowl between a team that plays in it regularly and one that doesn't.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #87
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
If there is a lesson from this year's debacle, it's that all scoring plays should be reviewed, and the refs should be required to overturn them if there is an infraction--even one that wasn't called on the field.

Moreover, there shouldn't be two sets of rules for any teams or any game. You touch or bump a ref, even a bad one like Jerome Boogar, you're gone from the game. Thugs shouldn't be tolerated.
Hahahahaha you are ridiculous. so what's your excuse for the first half of the game when the 49ers were absolutely god awful and didn't deserve to be there. The only reason they ever came back is because they're younger and were able to stay warm during basically a hour of downtime. They didn't deserve to be in that game the way they played let alone win.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #88
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
My comment about the Packers vs Texans was in regard to the fairness of a snowy Superbowl between a team that plays in it regularly and one that doesn't.
Last Winter in NY/NJ was mild, obviously this one wasn't. The week before this year's Super Bowl, it was in the 40s-50s.

Either or, snow or not, I like the new venue even though, for a new stadium, they seem to have Super Bowl week at different locations.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #89
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I don't understand why you guys have to play the SB in warm weather... football is a game to be played in spite of weather conditions... if it's cold, rainy, or snowing, then man up and play football.

We have the Grey Cup here in Canada in late November, and other than when it's played in BC or Toronto, the weather will always be a factor... makes the game more fun (or more frustrating if your team keeps dropping the ball)...

I think a SB in Seattle or Green Bay would be AWESOME!!!!

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #90
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It appears there won't be an NFL Experience this year because they can't find a venue.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #91
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I don't understand why you guys have to play the SB in warm weather... football is a game to be played in spite of weather conditions... if it's cold, rainy, or snowing, then man up and play football.

We have the Grey Cup here in Canada in late November, and other than when it's played in BC or Toronto, the weather will always be a factor... makes the game more fun (or more frustrating if your team keeps dropping the ball)...

Some of the greatest games in football history have been in the extreme cold or snow. Heck, the hockey Winter Classic is brilliant. But it's obviously become more of an entertainment event over the years instead of just a game, so it's understandable that weather's a concern. But I'd love seeing a winter superbowl in the elements...as long as I'm nice and warm.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #92
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
It appears there won't be an NFL Experience this year because they can't find a venue.

They should turn Harlem into NFL Village.

Heck, they have the whole Hudson River park strip all the way down to Battery Park. But I guess too cold...and it would clog up traffic/business during the week.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #93
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Hahahahaha you are ridiculous. so what's your excuse for the first half of the game when the 49ers were absolutely god awful and didn't deserve to be there. The only reason they ever came back is because they're younger and were able to stay warm during basically a hour of downtime. They didn't deserve to be in that game the way they played let alone win.
They were a run-first, grind-it-out team. They got behind in several games this year (like the NFC title game) but were able to wear the opposition down. But they never had the refs add another 14 points then strip them of scoring opportunities during their comebacks. Like I said- Raven rules.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #94
Cunning Stunts

I see the Harbaugh curse is affecting the fanbases now.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #95
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

In the end the 49ers are more to blame than the refs. While some of those calls could have been made in a regular season game, I don't know why the 49er fans aren't blaming Harbaugh and the OC more?

They let James run a play? 3 passes to Crabtree? Why not play action? Why not throw it to Davis? Why not give it to Gore?

I find more fault with the 49ers playcalling then the ref's calls.

Last edited by Erzengel; 02-13-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #96
Cunning Stunts

Lewis was absolutely godawful against Davis. I would like to know why every play call wasn't, "Just pass to whoever Lewis is covering." The dude was trailing behind players by yards at a time before they even got the ball. He looked like he hasn't run in years.

Sure, the officiating was horrid, but so were the '9ers (for most of the game) and their playcalling.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #97
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanofbat View Post
the niners will be back in the sb next year.

we still need that big wr to compliment crabtree

The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #98
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

The officials didn't take the game from the Niners, the Niners lost it themselves. That is a fact. Blaming it on the officials is only sour grapes. Every fan feels that when their team loses, but it is still that.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #99
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post

If you had the option to play it in warm weather, I'm sure you would.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #100
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

San Francisco definitely needed to run the ball during that those last crucial moments. Harbaugh should have just given the ball to Gore. Lewis played like absolute s*** that entire game. If they just would have ran up the middle, the Super Bowl would have had different winners.

These people who are constantly saying San Francisco got screwed over would have better luck saying that they got paid off to lose the game. I understand that hindsight is 20/20, but passing in the red zone when the running game was so reliable throughout the game defied all logic. Throwing the ball at that part of the game was a damn shame. To come back from that half-time deficit and lose like that? Horrible.

Last edited by Warhammer; 02-13-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Closed Thread