Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #126
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: With New RG3 Bionic Leg Enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Alex Smith needs to stay in San Fran. Kaepernick is bound to pick up an injury at some point, it's the best place for him.
I agree but I don't think that the Niners want him anymore. The locker room was split by Harbaugh's decision. To keep him around as a permanent backup might further that divide. Plus $7.5 million is a hell of a price to pay a backup. I still think Smith should restructure his contract and stay. The locker room divide won't occur if Smith willingly stays rather than is forced to stay for a contract he doesn't want to be locked up into. Plus it is the best move for him. He was able to succeed because of Jim Harbaugh game planning around him and because the Niners have an insanely talented O-Line, running game and defense. Smith won't have that luxury on any of the other teams looking for a QB. Minnesota is the one other place in the NFL that Alex Smith could thrive and they aren't looking for a QB.

So Smith has two options: 1) Restructure his contract and accept that his skill set (for whatever reason), is best suited for being a high end backup like Charlie Batch in his prime. 2) He can become a journeyman for a few years, go to teams like Arizona, Jacksonville and Tennessee, tarnish his reputation even further and then become a low end backup who cannot get half as much money as he would if he signed to a team as a backup now.

Is it unfair? Probably. Would Alex Smith have had more success if drafted by the likes of Green Bay and having a consistent coaching staff to guide his development? Maybe. Does any of that matter now? Nope. Alex Smith is what he is, a game manager. A nearly 30 year old quarterback isn't going to become a successful gunslinger who can carry teams on his shoulders to victory. He will always be a game manager. Game managers aren't long term starters in the modern-era NFL. That is just the sad reality that Alex Smith must face.

Last edited by Matt; 02-16-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #127
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
And according to ESPN's Chris Mortenson no one really wants Alex Smith. Moore actually could become seen as a guy who is a cheap option to hold down fort for a season until a better draft class of QBs comes along. Alex Smith on the other hand, will probably want, at the very least, a contract similar to the one he receives in San Fran (which he isn't worth). Due to Vick resigning, Moore's cheapness and lack of depth at the position this year, he could actually become the top QB free agent of the 2013 offseason.

In other words...At first he was a Undrafted QB, that Dallas picked up in 2007. Then Dallas cut him and hoped he would clear and be on their practice squad. But Carolina picked him up to be #3 QB. 4 years he was backup, some playing time, starter for a while for 2 seasons. Then Miami he started most of 2011. Mostly sat on bench in 2012.

In other words:

Cashing out time, $$$$$$.

Last edited by enterthemadness; 02-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #128
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Well, this is a surprise...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stay-in-miami/

Tannehill and other Dolphins trying to get Moore to sign back with Miami, Cleveland's OC Norv Turner likes Moore.

but I thought Derek Anderson was suppose to sign back to Cleveland and retake his Pro-Bowl like numbers?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #129
Donut
Side-Kick

Matt Moore should only leave Miami if he is guaranteed a starting job. Why be a back up on another team when he is already one ?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #130
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

I've purposely avoided any TV or internet coverage of Super Bowl 47, or as I call it, the New Orleans Screwjob. I had been gradually getting it off my mind. Then I went figure hunting and the electronics department had the TVs set on NFLN.

I saw Crabtree getting molested and Harbaugh screaming for one of many flags that should have come, but didn't. Suddenly, heat flooded my face and I felt like Atrocitus charging his ring in his lantern.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #131
ComicChick
refuse to feel the flames
SHH! Global Moderator

Panthers win at least 6 games in 2013. you heard it hear first

Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #132
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I say they win 9 games.

They don't have that bad of a schedule.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #133
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Matt Moore should only leave Miami if he is guaranteed a starting job. Why be a back up on another team when he is already one ?
Well, I read long ago he wants more money to back up. He is bound to make more money in New York, Arizona, Cleveland battling for the starting gig.

He contract with Miami was 2 yrs/5M. 2.5M a year. Going to guess he wants 2 yrs/7M. 3.5M a year.

I can see the Jets or Arizona offering him 3 yrs/10M. 3.3M a year. I be shocked if anyone offers him a 3yr/15 or 4yr/20 deal. I don't see any team offering him sure thing starting money, but somewhere in the middle money and give him a chance to start. Although if Miami REALLY wanted him, they should just give him 5 years/20Million. 4M a year is really high end back up money. Or 5/15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
Panthers win at least 6 games in 2013. you heard it hear first

Girl, this does not please Rivera and Cam.

But I do believe I read the team has a very tough sch in 2013.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #134
Poeman
Banned User

You are crazy if you think Matt Moore is getting a 3 year deal for 10 million. Crazy.

1 or 2 year deal thats it

Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #135
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
I've purposely avoided any TV or internet coverage of Super Bowl 47, or as I call it, the New Orleans Screwjob. I had been gradually getting it off my mind. Then I went figure hunting and the electronics department had the TVs set on NFLN.

I saw Crabtree getting molested and Harbaugh screaming for one of many flags that should have come, but didn't. Suddenly, heat flooded my face and I felt like Atrocitus charging his ring in his lantern.
So I see youve been enjoying your days

Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #136
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
You are crazy if you think Matt Moore is getting a 3 year deal for 10 million. Crazy.

1 or 2 year deal thats it

-_- you mock me now, but soon I shall be right.

Bidding war. Teams don't really like this year's QB draft class nor the FA QB market. Someone may get overpaid.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #137
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I say they win 9 games.

They don't have that bad of a schedule.
We've got The Patriots, 49ers, Giants, Seahawks, Saints, Vikings and Falcons. I'll be surprised if we even win 5 with that offensive line and secondary.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #138
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

The opponents that I think Pittsburgh will have a tough time with next season is Baltimore, New England, and Green Bay. However, they had just as easy of a schedule last season as they have this upcoming season but will probably still find a way to f*** it up.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #139
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
We've got The Patriots, 49ers, Giants, Seahawks, Saints, Vikings and Falcons. I'll be surprised if we even win 5 with that offensive line and secondary.
Goodness gracious. That's nine games.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #140
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Goodness gracious. That's nine games.

I'm not overlooking St. Louis either. That Rams D is underrated. They took it to the 49ers and Seahawks this season, and bullied them around.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Gettleman wants to clean house too (getting rid of Rivera, Shula, McDermott, etc), so I don't know if he'll 'sabotage' this season just so he implements his own staff. It's a frightening concept. Rivera already admitted to wasting opportunities in hiring a less experienced staff. I don't know...

This season will either be epicly bad or surprisingly good for us Panther fans. I'm leaning towards epicly bad with Shula as our offensive coordinator. Cam is unfortunately going be our rushing leader again, and our secondary will continue to cost us games.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #141
Cunning Stunts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4159--nfl.html

Hopefully she's good. Apparently she can kick a field goal at 40 yards. That probably won't make the cut, but it'd be awesome to at least see her make a practice squad and improve. I doubt any team would do that, though.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #142
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I'm not overlooking St. Louis either. That Rams D is underrated. They took it to the 49ers and Seahawks this season, and bullied them around.
That is true. Tragic for Carolina if that remains the case.

Quote:
I get the sneaking suspicion that Gettleman wants to clean house too (getting rid of Rivera, Shula, McDermott, etc), so I don't know if he'll 'sabotage' this season just so he implements his own staff. It's a frightening concept. Rivera already admitted to wasting opportunities in hiring a less experienced staff. I don't know...

This season will either be epicly bad or surprisingly good for us Panther fans. I'm leaning towards epicly bad with Shula as our offensive coordinator. Cam is unfortunately going be our rushing leader again, and our secondary will continue to cost us games.
It makes me upset to see Cam being wasted down there. The Panthers should have been a playoff team by this upcoming season. They had plenty of time to build around him. He has been the epitome of excellence in what he can do with what he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4159--nfl.html

Hopefully she's good. Apparently she can kick a field goal at 40 yards. That probably won't make the cut, but it'd be awesome to at least see her make a practice squad and improve. I doubt any team would do that, though.
Good luck to her. She's going to need it.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #143
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

I just love the NFL's "logic". They are looking at penalizing coaches who yell at refs too much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-argue-calls/

Evidently, the zebras get their witttle feewings hurt when they are called on their screwups. But shoving a ref in the chest with both hands? That's still OK as long as you say "my bad".

Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #144
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I love the first response, "Is this the Jim Harbaugh rule?"

Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #145
Poeman
Banned User

http://daveartlocker.blogspot.ca/201...e-british.html

What if all NFL logos were british?

quite funny

Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #146
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:

quite funny

we left England cause of their nasty butt ugly tea and taxes and, and, whatever, so who cares.

****, they just described the Jags existence of the past few years with that logo

Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #147
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
It makes me upset to see Cam being wasted down there. The Panthers should have been a playoff team by this upcoming season. They had plenty of time to build around him. He has been the epitome of excellence in what he can do with what he has.
Hurney really screwed things up with his overstuffed contracts. We can't even sign free agents this off-season. We have to depend on five draft picks (no third and seventh round picks), and the pressure is on for them to be homeruns.

Fans will talk about RG3, Kaepernick and Wilson being able to lead their teams to the playoffs and Newton failing to do that but when looking at their situations objectively The Panthers are in bad shape. I mean our team recently underwent a veteran purge no more than two seasons ago.

Cam is gonna have to wait just a little bit longer for his playoff debut.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #148
Donut
Side-Kick

The Jets are going to try to trade Tim Tebow. If they can not find a trade for Tim Tebow by March 12. He is going to be cut

Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #149
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Alex Smith needs to stay in San Fran. Kaepernick is bound to pick up an injury at some point, it's the best place for him.
The Jets need to trade Revis for Smith this year. I can really see it happening. At least I hope the Jets make an ATTEMPT on the best FA QB after seeing Butt Fumble ruin everything.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #150
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Quote:

quite funny
LOL my co worker sent this to me yesterday. "Those Dastardly Nugget Nabbers"

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.