Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #76
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
There's no way they won't be, I can bet my mother on that.
I had almost forgot about them until Octoberist brought up droids. Just the thought of them now being in the new trilogy made me sad so I really hope you're right.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #77
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Even if Lucas is out, it's been known that the saga is told through their (and especially R2's) eyes. They're gonna keep that, I'm more certain of it that I am that JJ is directing.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #78
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I absolutely love these two.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:58 AM   #79
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I'm no traditionalist, but I'd love to see this tradition continue.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #80
Octoberist
point blank

Maybe Anton can play that meteor just hit Russia. Have you guys seen the videos? Michael Bay must be happy!

at the 26 mark for the crazy sonic boom!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #81
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

I absolutely love these two.
Quote:
I'm no traditionalist, but I'd love to see this tradition continue.
You're speaking to my soul gentleman.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #82
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Oh, they have to be in it definitely.

CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #83
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Chris Pine as a Skywalker descendant.....maybe?
Oh God, please don't let him be in this...
Quote:
And as for the girls... Saldana? Please no. Alice Eve in a slave outfit? Please yes.
Saldana is a big yes for me. A BiG yes. You know what I mean.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #84
Silvermoth
Avenger

I honestly hope there are no slave outfits. You know why. It really is ridiculously demeaning. What was borderline ok in the early '80s is definitely not ok now.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #85
regwec
Shakespearo

Pass the starch, Goodwife Silvermoth.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #86
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Saldana is a big yes for me. A BiG yes. You know what I mean.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #87
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I honestly hope there are no slave outfits. You know why. It really is ridiculously demeaning. What was borderline ok in the early '80s is definitely not ok now.
I hope there are slave outfits and kitchens. And chains.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #88
xDumpweed182x
Forever-a-Newbie

So if this is true, then we will be getting their kids. We just don't know if they'll be the same as the EU. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...lker-solo-kids

xDumpweed182x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #89
Mustang69
Side-Kick

Here are my thoughts on a successful sequel trilogy (might have been brought up by others but I didnt read through all the threads)

1.) X-wings and TIE Fighters - These were iconic the OT and should be brought back and I may be wrong but I think more than a few of us would like to see Rogue Squadron.

2.) Real sets - My biggest problem with the PT was I didnt feel immersed in the films. This was mostly due to the fact that none of the sets (for the most part) were real. Everything was done against a green-screen and it just seemed to fake to me. Now I know that they cant do everything using real sets but the whole film shouldn't be CGI sets.

3.) Practical effects - They need to use real explosions as much as possible. They also need to use model ships as much as possible. One of the reasons that the OT seemed so real to me as a kid was that they were actually exploding a real (model) ship. If they need to enhance it using CGI fine but again not the whole film.

4.) Real actors for Stormtroopers - I cant tell you how disappointed I was when I saw the clone troopers were all CGI. This goes hand in hand with number 2. They need to have real actors using real armor for Stormtroopers. Granted I know its not feasible to have hundreds of sets of armor but they should have at least 20 to 30. I'm fine with them duplicating a squad to make up a legion of troops if they need to as long as during fight scenes they use real troopers.

This is just my wish list and I know I dont speak for everyone. Please feel free to expound upon these ideas or even offer refutes.

Mustang69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #90
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Amen to that. It shouldn't have been in it, regardless of when the film was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang69 View Post
1.) X-wings and TIE Fighters - These were iconic the OT and should be brought back and I may be wrong but I think more than a few of us would like to see Rogue Squadron.
Well, if the movie takes place a good 20-30 years post RotJ, I would think that there would be completely new ships, just as there were completely new ships between RotS and ANH. I'm more interested in seeing new things than old. This series needs to move forward.

Quote:
2.) Real sets - My biggest problem with the PT was I didnt feel immersed in the films. This was mostly due to the fact that none of the sets (for the most part) were real. Everything was done against a green-screen and it just seemed to fake to me. Now I know that they cant do everything using real sets but the whole film shouldn't be CGI sets.
No question, this is a must.

Quote:
3.) Practical effects - They need to use real explosions as much as possible. They also need to use model ships as much as possible. One of the reasons that the OT seemed so real to me as a kid was that they were actually exploding a real (model) ship. If they need to enhance it using CGI fine but again not the whole film.
Yeah, I always thought it would have been cool if George had limited the CGI in the prequels, to make them fit in with the OT. But he went in the complete opposite direction. As nice as this idea is, I think asking for model ships/minatures/matte paintings is a bit much.

Quote:
4.) Real actors for Stormtroopers - I cant tell you how disappointed I was when I saw the clone troopers were all CGI. This goes hand in hand with number 2. They need to have real actors using real armor for Stormtroopers. Granted I know its not feasible to have hundreds of sets of armor but they should have at least 20 to 30. I'm fine with them duplicating a squad to make up a legion of troops if they need to as long as during fight scenes they use real troopers.
How about no Stormtroopers...

Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #91
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang69 View Post
Here are my thoughts on a successful sequel trilogy (might have been brought up by others but I didnt read through all the threads)

This is just my wish list and I know I dont speak for everyone. Please feel free to expound upon these ideas or even offer refutes.
4; if Jackson can have every Orc in LOTR trilogy have "individualized" armor, then we can have what you suggest, in a SW film.

Lucas was lazy for the PT.

RIP
Oliver Queen
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #92
Mustang69
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
4; if Jackson can have every Orc in LOTR trilogy have "individualized" armor, then we can have what you suggest, in a SW film.

Lucas was lazy for the PT.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I was posting this.

Mustang69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #93
Destructus86
Side-Kick

The latter part of Lucas's career he....sort of went off the deep end. He was obsessed with CGI. It probably never even occured to him to consider using real costumes for the Clone Troopers. He was more about the tech then the story during his time with Star Wars.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #94
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Nerds actually decrying women in slave outfits. What happened to us?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #95
regwec
Shakespearo

We're natural submissives.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #96
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Nerds actually decrying women in slave outfits. What happened to us?
Speak for yourself, I'm not a nerd.

Plus, that's just always taken me out of the movie as such obvious exploitation that just doesn't make any sense within the world of Star Wars. Yeah, you could argue that Jabba wanted to demean Leia and blah, blah, blah, but it still makes me uncomfortable.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #97
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You're on this board, your nerd status is already placed. You don't have a say.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #98
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You're on this board, your nerd status is already placed. You don't have a say.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #99
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCadaver49 View Post
Amen to that. It shouldn't have been in it, regardless of when the film was made.
Thank you!

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #100
Solidus
Kylo Ren

On youtube I was watching The Legacy of Star Wars (from the History Channel) and it was awesome to see one of the main people they would interview was JJ. It was the will of the Force.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote