The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
The Vigilante
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Yeah that was their only interaction.
Apparently you didn't see the deleted scene where they were cooking together and he was worrying about how much sleep she was getting. Or the part after Gwen and Peter's "break up" where she comforts him and reminds him that he's a good person. Honestly its like some of you people only focus on the bad here. If you want to see Parker as an actual jerk go read Amazing Fantasy #15 where because of his inflated ego as a TV star and wrestler, he lets the robber go, not because of revenge or 2 cents, but because he just didn't feel like it and smartasses the cop. Or One More Day where he confronts Iron Man heads a blazing instead of calmly asking him for help.

The Vigilante is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #27
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,843
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You didn't get my post......I'm sure others did...but I will explain for the heck of it.

You said - I don't understand why everyone always seems to be calling Andrew's Peter Parker an unlikeable douchebag

And you also said - He behaved exactly how a teenager would act nowadays and I found him to be very relate able.

So....if everyone calls him an unlikeable douchbag......and you say you relate to him, or in other words act like him.....does that makes you seem like a **insert witty remark here** to everyone?

If everyone thinks he is an unlikeable douchebag....and he acts exactly like a teenager acts nowadays.....then I guess everyone thinks that teenagers nowadays act like unlikeable douchebags.


Hence my remark about comedy.

Because to me your remark was hilarious.

In that case i retract my underhanded comment about your age.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #28
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,141
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Not helping a cashier just because he(Peter) didn't have enough money for the milk
That's more motive than the comic book character had, who didn't stop the thief simply because it wasn't his job.

Quote:
breaking a promise he made with a guy that saved his ass from a giant lizard.
No worse than letting a city thrive on a corrupt lie for 8 years

So Peter went back on his word about staying away from Gwen. Why should he deprive her and himself of something they both want just because Captain Stacy was against it?

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #29
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vigilante View Post
Apparently you didn't see the deleted scene where they were cooking together and he was worrying about how much sleep she was getting.
Deleted scenes don't really back up someone's side of an argument.

Quote:
Or the part after Gwen and Peter's "break up" where she comforts him and reminds him that he's a good person.
And in doing so was the beginning of Peter breaking a promise.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #30
The Vigilante
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the joker View Post
no worse than letting a city thrive on a lie for 8 years
zing!

The Vigilante is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #31
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,008
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vigilante View Post
Apparently you didn't see the deleted scene where they were cooking together and he was worrying about how much sleep she was getting. Or the part after Gwen and Peter's "break up" where she comforts him and reminds him that he's a good person. Honestly its like some of you people only focus on the bad here. If you want to see Parker as an actual jerk go read Amazing Fantasy #15 where because of his inflated ego as a TV star and wrestler, he lets the robber go, not because of revenge or 2 cents, but because he just didn't feel like it and smartasses the cop. Or One More Day where he confronts Iron Man heads a blazing instead of calmly asking him for help.
Deleted scenes canon now? I guess we won't ever see Ratha again cause he's dead.

That other stuff you listed is after he realizes that he has been a douche...hence bringing home the eggs. Peter in all comics has an inflated ego then Ben dies. That is when he realizes how he has been acting is wrong. In ASM, he's a doucher until the end of the movie. Then he breaks the promise of a dying man to get dat booty. He didn't learn a damn thing.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #32
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's more motive than the comic book character had, who didn't stop the thief simply because it wasn't his job.
What motive is that when PETER is the one who didn't have the money? He should at least tried something besides just being a waste of the cashier's time standing there wanting to buy a milk that he couldn't afford.

Quote:
No worse than letting a city thrive on a corrupt lie for 8 years
How is it no worse than that? Lol. You have three guys in TDK that had the same goal and strived to continue that goal even when one turned "bad" while another breaks a dying man's wish of staying away from his daughter.

Quote:
So Peter went back on his word about staying away from Gwen. Why should he deprive her and himself of something they both want just because Captain Stacy was against it?
Because at least the father cares about someone's safety with this whole mess.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #33
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,006
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I'm with Vigilante on this one.
**If anyone can give me the line from Patrick Swayze's movie ROADHOUSE that fits this post....you will win a real in fact prize that I will send to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Granted I havent been a teenager for a couple years, but how long has it been for you, C. Lee?
Thirty-seven glorious years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Peter acts like roughly 90% of teenage boys I've known in the last 5 years.
AND....as I said in my other post....Vigilante says that EVERYONE calls him DOUCHEBAG....AND.....that he acts just like a teenager today.

So in other words...he (Vigilante) is saying that teenagers today act like douchebags.


I didn't say this....he did. I'm just laughing my ass off about it.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #34
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,210
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
He didn't want to get yelled out by his aunt; he wasn't trying to be nice to May.
he was defensive, what could he say?
both are sad and going through difficult times, and Peter just can´t say her what he is doing and aunt may worried about him acting strange questions him ,Peter trying to avoid the questions asks her to go to sleep in a rude way but not beeing in the level of a douchebag...just my opinion

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #35
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,141
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
What motive is that when PETER is the one who didn't have the money? He should at least tried something besides just being a waste of the cashier's time standing there wanting to buy a milk that he couldn't afford.
The motive was the cashier was behaving like a petty douche over Peter being ONE cent short of the price of the milk. He wasn't even nice about it. He spoke to Peter like he was dirt.

The motive is the same as Maguire's Peter's was; revenge. The comic Peter's was even worse, he had no reason at all. He just wasn't bothered.

Quote:
How is it no worse than that? Lol. You have three guys in TDK that had the same goal and strived to continue that goal even when one turned "bad" while another breaks a dying man's wish of staying away from his daughter?
You don't see how lying to a city full of people, and locking up criminals and denying them parole for 8 years, all based on a lie isn't as bad, or in fact WORSE than going back on a promise?

Quote:
Because at least the father cares about someone's safety with this whole mess.
That's a stupid way to live. By that logic Peter and every hero should be alone forever.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #36
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,008
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

So Peter went back on his word about staying away from Gwen. Why should he deprive her and himself of something they both want just because Captain Stacy was against it?
Because Captain Stacy wasn't an idiot and knew Spider-Man would eventually get Gwen killed...kinda like how he got Captain Stacy killed. It was a dumb writing mistake. Stacy should have said, "protect my daughter," or something. Then when she gets killed he has failed both Captain Stacy and Gwen. Instead, he warns Peter of what is to come and Peter is too much of an idiot...hence why he is a douche in ASM. He already failed Stacy before the movie ended hahahaha.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #37
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,006
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

In that case I retract my underhanded comment about your age.
There was nothing underhanded about your comment.....I joke about my age all the time. I'm old enough to be the grandfather of most of our posters here.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #38
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
he was defensive, what could he say?
both are sad and going through difficult times, and Peter just can´t say her what he is doing so , and aunt may worried about him acting strange aunt may questions him Peter trying to avoid the questions asks her to go to sleep in a rude way but not beeing in the level of a douchebag...just my opinion
He was trying to get out a confrontation, a confrontation that May would be right about. Finally someone talked some sense into the boy as well in the form of Captain Stacy's speech during that dinner scene. One of the reasons why Peter still came out to be the a d-bag when he breaks that promise of a guy that really put some knowledge in him that he shouldn't be parading the streets looking for one guy with a vendetta on his mind.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #39
The Vigilante
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I didn't say this....he did. I'm just laughing my ass off about it.
Come on man I'm just trying to show my point I don't need to be mocked for it. If you really need me to clarify I meant that people perceive this version of Parker as an "unlikeable douchebag" and whatnot. And honestly yes I can see where these arguments are coming from. But in my opinion and through experience I'm able to see what the director and script were aiming for. They didn't write for him to be a jerk or unlikeable. He was written as a modern day teenager. Not saying all teenagers are douche bags (swag, yolo, skinny jeans, obey hats. ugh)
But the point of Peter Parker and Spider-Man is that he was created to be relateable. He is anyone and is everyone. A normal guy going through normal problems. I understand that there is no pleasing everyone and almost no one will change their opinions on the matter unless they make him more sympathetic in the sequel. I'm just voicing my opinion here because as a modern day teenager I can relate to this Parker.

The Vigilante is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #40
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,008
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

We need a poll:

Are teenagers today douches?

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #41
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,141
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Because Captain Stacy wasn't an idiot and knew Spider-Man would eventually get Gwen killed...kinda like how he got Captain Stacy killed.
Baloney. Captain Stacy was a Cop who was killed in the line of duty. Peter didn't get him killed. He's not responsible for The Lizard's actions. It's like saying it's Peter's fault Harry got killed in SM-3.

Quote:
It was a dumb writing mistake. Stacy should have said, "protect my daughter," or something. Then when she gets killed he has failed both Captain Stacy and Gwen.
That would have been a more reasonable request. Comic book Stacy said something similar before he died. He asked Peter to look after her and be good to her.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #42
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I'm with Vigilante on this one.

Granted I havent been a teenager for a couple years, but how long has it been for you, C. Lee?

Peter acts like roughly 90% of teenage boys I've known in the last 5 years.
and you've known a lot, haven't you? :P

i kid. i kid.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #43
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,006
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vigilante View Post
Come on man I'm just trying to show my point I don't need to be mocked for it. If you really need me to clarify I meant that people perceive this version of Parker as an "unlikeable douchebag" and whatnot. And honestly yes I can see where these arguments are coming from. But in my opinion and through experience I'm able to see what the director and script were aiming for. They didn't write for him to be a jerk or unlikeable. He was written as a modern day teenager. Not saying all teenagers are douche bags (swag, yolo, skinny jeans, obey hats. ugh)
But the point of Peter Parker and Spider-Man is that he was created to be relateable. He is anyone and is everyone. A normal guy going through normal problems. I understand that there is no pleasing everyone and almost no one will change their opinions on the matter unless they make him more sympathetic in the sequel. I'm just voicing my opinion here because as a modern day teenager I can relate to this Parker.
You wrote something that I thought was funny....so I laughed. That's what happens. It wasn't personal...it wasn't an attack....it wasn't because I felt one way about the movie and you felt another......it was because you wrote something and I thought it was funny.

Internetz iz sereeiz buzinezz......

C. Lee is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The motive was the cashier was behaving like a petty douche over Peter being ONE cent short of the price of the milk. He wasn't even nice about it. He spoke to Peter like he was dirt.

The motive is the same as Maguire's Peter's was; revenge. The comic Peter's was even worse, he had no reason at all. He just wasn't bothered.
Maybe it's because I was a cashier for Fry's from 17-18, but I understand more of how the cashier was in the right for not letting someone buy something even two cents short. He could have definitely used better words, lol, I'll give you that, but Peter just lets someone rob the cashier and does nothing. While Raimi's Peter has revenge on the mind for not getting 3K(I think it was that amount), Webb's Peter has revenge on the mind because he couldn't get his chocolate milk because he didn't have the exact amount.

Quote:
You don't see how lying to a city full of people, and locking up criminals and denying them parole for 8 years, all based on a lie isn't as bad, or in fact WORSE than going back on a promise?
One was for the better good in their eyes, even the hero's(Batman), while the other was for high school love.

Quote:
That's a stupid way to live. By that logic Peter and every hero should be alone forever.
How is it stupid? George Stacy knew exactly what would happen if Peter stayed in Gwen's life. Even Raimi's Peter knew what would happen if he stayed in MJ's life but in the end she decided to stick with him and didn't want Peter to question her about it. We have nothing so far to see if Gwen decided herself to stick with Peter since he's Spider-Man.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #45
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,008
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Baloney. Captain Stacy was a Cop who was killed in the line of duty. Peter didn't get him killed. He's not responsible for The Lizard's actions.
He literally is responsible. He created the Lizard and even admitted to Gwen that he has to stop Lizard because it's all his fault. I only saw this movie once and I remember more than you :\


Quote:
That would have been a more reasonable request. Comic book Stacy said something similar before he died. He asked Peter to look after her and be good to her.
And that would have been fine to me. But...he didn't say that. It was a stay away from my daughter because you will get her killed like you got me killed request. Peter literally breaks the promise he made like 15 minutes later in the same movie. It was hilarious. He just literally got his g/f's dad killed and he spelled it out to him while he sat there dying that his daughter would meet the same fate unless he stayed away. What does he do 15 minutes later in the movie? Giggles about broken promises of a dying man! Again, had Stacy just told Peter to protect his daughter with Peter's own dying breath then it would make what is to come more powerful. Instead, Peter is still a wreckless, idiotic teenager at the end of the movie. He literally didn't learn one thing and did not advance as a character. The only development he had was coming out of his corner dwelling shell to one girl. He got two people killed and he still didn't learn responsibility. Webb totally failed that aspect of the character. People will say..sequel bait..but that's just terrible writing/film making.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #46
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,141
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Maybe it's because I was a cashier for Fry's from 17-18, but I understand more of how the cashier was in the right for not letting someone buy something even two cents short. He could have definitely used better words, lol, I'll give you that, but Peter just lets someone rob the casher and does nothing. While Raimi's Peter has revenge on the mind for not getting 3K(I think it was that amount), Webb's Peter has revenge on the mind because he couldn't get his chocolate milk because he didn't have the exact amount.
3 grand or 3 cents, he does it for revenge because the guy acted like a douche towards him. The cashier guy wasn't even hurt. The thief just got the chump change from the cash register stolen.

The principle is the same. You're supposed to do the right thing and Peter didn't.

Quote:
One was for the better good in their eyes, even the hero's(Batman), while the other was for high school love.
The principle is the same. And the consequences of Batman's one was worse because people were screwed over by it. The criminals were locked up for 8 years without any parole chances no matter how well behaved they were or what crime they were locked up for. The Dent Act even had women locked up with male prisoners.

It's all based on lies. Corruption.

You're trying to say that Peter going back on a promise to a dead man is worse than that lol.

Quote:
How is it stupid? George Stacy knew exactly what would happen if Peter stayed in Gwen's life. Even Raimi's Peter knew what would happen if he stayed in MJ's life but in the end she decided to stick with him and didn't want Peter to question her about it. We have nothing so far to see if Gwen decided herself to stick with Peter since he's Spider-Man.
Let me get this straight; it's ok for Peter in Raimi's universe to put MJ in danger (kidnapped 3 times in a row) because she wants to be with him, like Gwen does in TASM. But because Captain Stacy, a dead over protective father, didn't want it, Peter and Gwen should stay away from each other forever and deny each other feelings they both have for each other?

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #47
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
If everyone thinks he is an unlikeable douchebag....and he acts exactly like a teenager acts nowadays.....then I guess everyone thinks that teenagers nowadays act like unlikeable douchebags.
Yes, that's right.

I think it actually is true of a lot of teens these days, not that I want to stereotype a particular age group, because I know there are plenty of exceptions. And that's kinda my point - Parker should be one of those exceptions. He's the hero that we all look up to. He's the guy who loses his girlfriend, loses his job, can barely pay his rent, and yet he still isn't a douchebag in spite of all that.

If "grounded" means "he's a jerk like the rest of society" then I don't really want my Spider-Man to be grounded. I want to look up to superheroes, dang it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #48
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,141
Cool Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
He literally is responsible. He created the Lizard and even admitted to Gwen that he has to stop Lizard because it's all his fault. I only saw this movie once and I remember more than you.
No, he is not responsible. He blames himself like all heroes blame themselves. Like how Batman blamed himself for what happened to Harvey Dent in TDK, but he is not accountable for the Joker's actions towards Harvey any more than Peter was for The Lizard's.

Quote:
And that would have been fine to me. But...he didn't say that. It was a stay away from my daughter because you will get her killed like you got me killed request.
Stacy never said Peter was the one who got him killed. If you're going to debate with me then stick to the facts please.

In SM-3 is Peter responsible for Harry's death because he rejected the symbiote and inadvertently sent it to Eddie who became Venom? Then Harry died saving Peter's life like Stacy did saving Peter's? No, of course not.

You can't blame the heroes for the actions of the villains. Peter did not set out to create The Lizard any more than Peter intended the symbiote to go to Eddie.

The rest of your post is all based on the false premise that Peter is to blame for Stacy's death. It's not like Uncle Ben's death where he didn't act and a criminal got to kill someone because of inaction. Peter did not stand by and not try and stop the Lizard. So to say he did not learn responsibility is ludicrous. Had done the same thing he did with Uncle Ben, you could say that. But he didn't.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #49
chaseter
Bland User
 
chaseter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 43,008
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Batman is responsible for the creation of Two-Face. He engaged with the Joker and his one rule the Joker played was getting Batman to accidentally save Harvey instead of Rachel. While him literally having a burnt face is not Batman's fault, pushing the White Knight over the edge lies at the hands of Batman. Joker was just there to show Harvey the road. Harvey was gone the second Rachel died. It's why him taking the blame is more powerful as Batman and Gordon are literally responsible for Two-Face.

__________________
"You can leave a penny, you can't take a penny. You can leave a penny anytime. You have to spend $10 to take a penny. Store policy."
"Since when has this been store policy?"
"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #50
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
3 grand or 3 cents, he does it for revenge because the guy acted like a douche towards him. The cashier guy wasn't even hurt. The thief just got the chump change from the cash register stolen.

The principle is the same. You're supposed to do the right thing and Peter didn't.
In the end I guess the principles can be viewed as the same, but just not doing anything for a bottle of milk just seems off-putting, that's all. I didn't know what to really think after seeing that scene in my first viewing of TAS-M.

Quote:
The principle is the same. And the consequences of Batman's one was worse because people were screwed over by it. The criminals were locked up for 8 years without any parole chances no matter how well behaved they were or what crime they were locked up for. The Dent Act even had women locked up with male prisoners.

It's all based on lies. Corruption.

You're trying to say that Peter going back on a promise to a dead man is worse than that lol.
But then you get into shady territory by trying to make it sound terribly bad for the criminals. The fact that we don't know what these people did to land themselves behind bars except for being part of the "organized crime machine" is why we can't say they didn't get parole even if they behaved well. If most of them were part of the mob, who's to say they wouldn't just go back to their usual routines? Not saying giving away their parole for eight years is a good thing, but it's just difficult to say they would have lived normal lives when they walk out of prison.

And when I say all of this ^, yes, I still say Peter breaking a promise to a dead man who saved his life is worse.

Quote:
Let me get this straight; it's ok for Peter in Raimi's universe to put MJ in danger (kidnapped 3 times in a row) because she wants to be with him, like Gwen does in TASM. But because Captain Stacy, a dead over protective father, didn't want it, Peter and Gwen should stay away from each other forever and deny each other feelings they both have for each other?
Yes. It's a man making a promise with another man for the sole purpose of protecting a young woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
If "grounded" means "he's a jerk like the rest of society" then I don't really want my Spider-Man to be grounded. I want to look up to superheroes, dang it.
But, c'mon...kids today DO look up to jerks, lol. Boys look up to *******s like Kanye West and girls look up to snobby chicks with homemade sex tapes like Kim Kardashian.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.