The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #526
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfficial View Post
Wikipedia says Csokas is Dr. Kafka. Don't know if I'm late on that or if it's false.
you mean "Dr. Ashley Kafka" he seems a bit miscast for that role lol

can't say I see the resemblance... lol

J/K if any truth to his rumor their obviously modified to character to be a male role, not sure why they'd do that, tho?

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 06-26-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #527
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Maybe the twist is like that one horror movie where the chick's a dude? Now this dude's a chick.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #528
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Or like Ace Ventura??

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #529
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post

J/K if any truth to his rumor their obviously modified to character to be a male role, not sure why they'd do that, tho?
I really do think its a misnomer. or a red herring or whatever you want to call it.

I also think it's too soon for Kraven. Therefore my guess is still a ASM version of J Jonah Jameson.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #530
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

They might just be twisting things up like they do in the Ultimate universe. Csokas could just be playing the Dr. Kafka we know in the comics....just a dude version.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #531
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Is Kafka a male in the Ultimate universe? In that case it's a big possibility that he's indeed Kafka.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #532
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

^ I don't think so. But I was just saying the Ultimate universe is known for weird twists and I think this series is trying to do just that.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #533
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Had to post this here:

One of the shots from the comics that resembles Andrew Garfield. There are in fact a lot more shots where Peter and Andrew look so similar but this was the most recent one that I could find.

Today, I still think Andrew Garfield is the perfect Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I cannot imagine anyone better in the role. Lots of people will disagree with me on this but I think he is to Spider-Man what RDJ is to Iron Man and what Christopher Reeves was to Superman. He is perfect casting for Spidey in the same way those actors were perfect casting for their respective roles IMO.

I really hope that more people will share the same opinion overtime. Personally, I don't think Andrew gets the full credit he deserves for Spidey and I think this is due to him not being in a jaw-dropping awesome Spider-Man film. Great performances are a lot more noticed when the quality of the film is up there with the performance. This was the case for both Christopher Reeves (Superman I & II) and RDJ (Iron Man and The Avengers). However, Andrew still has to star as Spidey in the film that makes people say "OMG that was so freaking awesome!" when walking out. Not that the first film was bad; just good as opposed to great. That and the first film did get a lot of backlash for simply being a reboot.

I'm really interested to see people's general opinion of Andrew's performance in the upcoming years, when the reboot stigma will begin to fade away and if/when Andrew stars in a TDK/Avengers quality Spider-Man film.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #534
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Does dr Kafka have any significance what's his roll in the comics

Old 07-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #535
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingly atiba View Post
Does dr Kafka have any significance what's his roll in the comics
This is his roll in the comics.......

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 07-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #536
SpideyFan866
Banned User

On a serious note........

Dr. Kafka, who is a female in the comics, is the head of The Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane, which, we know plays a role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #537
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post

Ashley is an intergender name.

It can belong to both a man and woman.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #538
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Had to post this here:

One of the shots from the comics that resembles Andrew Garfield. There are in fact a lot more shots where Peter and Andrew look so similar but this was the most recent one that I could find.

Today, I still think Andrew Garfield is the perfect Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I cannot imagine anyone better in the role. Lots of people will disagree with me on this but I think he is to Spider-Man what RDJ is to Iron Man and what Christopher Reeves was to Superman. He is perfect casting for Spidey in the same way those actors were perfect casting for their respective roles IMO.

I really hope that more people will share the same opinion overtime. Personally, I don't think Andrew gets the full credit he deserves for Spidey and I think this is due to him not being in a jaw-dropping awesome Spider-Man film. Great performances are a lot more noticed when the quality of the film is up there with the performance. This was the case for both Christopher Reeves (Superman I & II) and RDJ (Iron Man and The Avengers). However, Andrew still has to star as Spidey in the film that makes people say "OMG that was so freaking awesome!" when walking out. Not that the first film was bad; just good as opposed to great. That and the first film did get a lot of backlash for simply being a reboot.

I'm really interested to see people's general opinion of Andrew's performance in the upcoming years, when the reboot stigma will begin to fade away and if/when Andrew stars in a TDK/Avengers quality Spider-Man film.
Extremely well said and I completely agree. I think a lot of how Andrew has been perceived in the role is due to the fact that many people seemed to really like Tobey and the fact that we just saw SM3 only a few years ago. The last set of films is still pretty fresh in the minds of the viewing public. With a different intepretation of Peter and doing it so soon imo affected the way people see Andrew. He'll get more comfortable in the role with the sequel and imo people will be 'used' to him as the new PP/Spidey. Even if the next movie is just seen as 'better' than the first rather than 'jaw dropping' I'm sure Andrew will again be a bright spot but this time people will take greater notice. Although a 'jaw dropping' movie would be really, really awesome and def wouldn't hurt.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #539
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

I was rereading The Gauntlet: Rhino today and there's a scene where Peter is just waking up in bed with bedhead hair and he totally looks like Garfield. I'll take a pic in the morn.

Last edited by Nicko-Ray; 07-06-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #540
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Extremely well said and I completely agree. I think a lot of how Andrew has been perceived in the role is due to the fact that many people seemed to really like Tobey and the fact that we just saw SM3 only a few years ago. The last set of films is still pretty fresh in the minds of the viewing public. With a different intepretation of Peter and doing it so soon imo affected the way people see Andrew. He'll get more comfortable in the role with the sequel and imo people will be 'used' to him as the new PP/Spidey. Even if the next movie is just seen as 'better' than the first rather than 'jaw dropping' I'm sure Andrew will again be a bright spot but this time people will take greater notice. Although a 'jaw dropping' movie would be really, really awesome and def wouldn't hurt.
I think the script hurt him most. I know how funny Andrew can be with great material but in TASM he wasn't THAT funny. I really do think that this aspect will be much improved in the second one. I liked the funny stuff in both Star Treks

Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #541
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

@Shikamaru
I agree as well. 100%.
I rewatched TASM today and couldn't get over the fact that he's such the perfect casting choice. He reminds me of what I read/see of Peter when I'm reading Ultimate or Amazing Spider-Man. He just nails it. Demeanor and looks.
I think you're right. There's three more Spidey films to be made and if he's in all of them like I assume, the audience will kinda "forget" about Tobey and stick to Andrew as Spidey.

@TheWallCrawler
I can already see the potential in humor that this sequel has. He'll do great. He's sucha quality actor compared to Maguire.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #542
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Had to post this here:

A big majority on this board thought he was both the better PP and SM... Trying to find the poll lol...

Old 07-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #543
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
A big majority on this board thought he was both the better PP and SM... Trying to find the poll lol...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=387625

Old 07-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #544
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

201 for andrew and 33 for toby

Old 07-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #545
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Here's the photo I was talking about.

The panel on the left is from the first issue of The Gauntlet: Rhino, I believe. Art by Max Fiumara.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #546
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Yes!!

Old 07-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #547
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Here's the photo I was talking about.

The panel on the left is from the first issue of The Gauntlet: Rhino, I believe. Art by Max Fiumara.
It's beautiful..

Old 07-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #548
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

The script kinda let him down in my opinion. I thought they were trying to move away from the emo crying every 5 seconds kinda thing but he still feels very emo. I'm kinda bummed that Peter's smart-ass quippy side is never displayed in these movies. I mean they tried a little in ASM, but it always comes across as hurt and angry-emotional and not sarcastic and funny.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #549
Nathan

That's because he was hunting his Uncle's killer. I thought it was fine though, when he fought the Lizard at School.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #550
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

i was reading captain marvel the other day and nearly fell off my chair with how much peter looks like andrew here. especially on that first panel of him upside down.

Closed Thread