The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #101
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,114
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And then all of a sudden...by making Flash look like a fool...it takes away Peter's compassion.
so, beeing builied by a guy the whole highschool, you get superpowers and the oportunity to get even and humiliate the guy and Peter took again beeing irresponsable, he is drunk with power

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #102
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And then all of a sudden...by making Flash look like a fool...it takes away Peter's compassion.
As I said, he helped Gordon before he got his powers, and then embarrassed Flash, after getting his powers, much like how he initially gets a big head after getting his powers in the comics, as you and your armada have already pointed to. Big difference. And how does embarrassing Flash take away his compassion? It's someone who's repeatedly bullied him and bullies the entire school, and Peter slightly embarrasses him... that has nothing to do with how compassionate Peter may or may not be...... at all

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #103
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

It's like god forbid there's any character development in this movie or this trilogy. Let's just have Peter be a saint and purely morally infallible from beginning to end.... That's what real storytelling is about.......

I understand he may have occassionally done some reckless, irresponsible, or selfish things, but he also does a lot of good in the movie, more than enough to dispel accusations of being a complete d-bag, a-hole, etc.. and is also well on his way to becoming the hero he's capable of being, and that we all know and love

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 AM   #104
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Honestly, thinking about it, I bet so many people would have the same problems with SM-1 as they have with TASM if their releases had been reversed. For one example of many, in SM1 when Peter yells at Ben before getting out of the car after being driven to the library, I feel like that was a bigger d-bag move and more unjustified than anything Peter did in TASM. Everything nitpicked and criticized in TASM could easily be said about SM1 if you think about them backwards. And I'm not biased, because SM1 is one of my favorite movies of all time (if not more for nostalgia), I'm just simply pointing it out

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #105
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

So being a brat for not getting his chocolate milk is being drunk with his powers?

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #106
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So being a brat for not getting his chocolate milk is being drunk with his powers?
How is he being a brat? By not trying to accost a thief who could potentially have a weapon to help a guy who was a gigantic a-hole to him 2 seconds earlier? That doesn't exactly make you a brat sorry. It's not like he knew it would result in his uncle being murdered my god. You guys are looking at that scene in the most simplistic neanderthal way imaginable. It has more to do than just him not getting his milk and therefore deciding to be a prick the rest of his life like you guys seem to think. In fact it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the milk.

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #107
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,799
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

*sigh* Give him a break. He had a fight with his Uncle, left trying to cool off, and the milk situation just doesn't really help him to calm down. You act like it's a normal behavior pattern for him, but disregard everything leading up to that moment.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #108
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

You're just jumping from one "bratty Peter moment" to the next trying to justify your point and it's not working

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #109
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
*sigh* Give him a break. He had a fight with his Uncle, left trying to cool off, and the milk situation just doesn't really help him to calm down. You act like it's a normal behavior pattern for him, but disregard everything leading up to that moment.
Thank you. So many people want to point to the negative things he does in the movie and completely disregard all the positives

Personally, if I were dealing with that cashier, I would have been extremelyy pissed off by that by itself, let alone dealing with him right after getting in a huge fight with my surrogate-father Uncle and rehashing abandonment issues and insecurities about my estranged parents

I'm not saying Peter's perfect and that he didn't act unsavory, but what he did certainly does not permanently label him as a brat, dbag, etc

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 AM   #110
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
How is he being a brat? By not trying to accost a thief who could potentially have a weapon to help a guy who was a gigantic a-hole to him 2 seconds earlier? That doesn't exactly make you a brat sorry. It's not like he knew it would result in his uncle being murdered my god. You guys are looking at that scene in the most simplistic neanderthal way imaginable. It has more to do than just him not getting his milk and therefore deciding to be a prick the rest of his life like you guys seem to think. In fact it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the milk.
And yet it has everything to do with the milk. He tries to buy it, the cashier denies his request because Peter didn't have two cents to buy said milk and while I don't agree with the cashier's choice of words, it doesn't matter if the thief could've had a gun or not, especially with Peter full well knowingly he has abilities. He doesn't help out a cashier because he hurt Peter's feelings for not being able to get his milk.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #111
SM71
bending unit
 
SM71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,731
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

I surrender. There's nothing to say other than reposting stuff I've already said. Idk how in-depth I need to go with logic and reasons

__________________
"All for One and One for All"- Founding Member of Spidey 3's Band Of Brothers
(less proud of this now)
SM71 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #112
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

What logic and reason?

No one talks about how Peter's confrontation with Uncle Ben in the 2002 film had anything to do with him letting the thief run past him with money. No one should say Peter had all of these emotions going on and that's why he let a thief run away with the store's money. The main issue was how the cashier was to Peter and that's why his reply to the cashier is "Not my policy."

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #113
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,799
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And yet it has everything to do with the milk. He tries to buy it, the cashier denies his request because Peter didn't have two cents to buy said milk and while I don't agree with the cashier's choice of words, it doesn't matter if the thief could've had a gun or not, especially with Peter full well knowingly he has abilities. He doesn't help out a cashier because he hurt Peter's feelings for not being able to get his milk.
And in Amazing Fantasy #15, he let a Thief go, just because it wasn't his job. Despite being in a good mood, after a successful TV appearance and with tons of people offering him all kinds of deals. At that point, his future was taking care of. All he had to do, for it to remain that way, was literally to just move two fingers and web the thief to the wall. But he didn't do it, because he was an egoistical douche.

So why is it, whenever people try to trash Garfield's version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, no one can or wants to remember Spider-Man's first comic appearance?

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #114
antonydelfini
The Destroyer
 
antonydelfini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,575
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Do you guys even read Spider-Man comics?

Peter has never been a saint even in Stan Lee's stuff. Some of you want a Peter Parker who doesn't have a bad bone in him. He ain't no Superman. Peter can be heroic, caring and noble, but he can be immature, irresponsible and selfish at times. That's the way he's always been.

Peter has always been relatable and human because like real human beings, he has a good side and a bad side. And like all of us, he sometimes struggles doing the right thing.

Especially for teenagers, it's hard being selfless all the time. Sometimes, the selfish desires and the dark side comes out. And that's what makes TASM Peter so interesting, he doesn't usually succeed at being a good person, which is like the Peter of the comics.

Remember Peter in the comics quitting saving people's lives because of personal issues? Remember him calling Johnny Storm an idiot and a freak just because he's jealous of his popularity? Remember Peter not always being a great nephew to Aunt May and then feeling all guilty about it? Long time readers can cite more examples of Peter failing to be responsible and mature. That's the way Peter was portrayed in the movie and it satisfies me as a long time fan.

And I love the fact that the supporting characters like George and Gwen doesn't need saving all the time from the main hero. They are smarter, can handle themselves and more independent than the usual supporting characters in superhero movies (although Peter did get Gwen out of harm's way in the school and was hesitant to leave George while he's shooting at the Lizard).

And I also saw a complaint of Peter failing to save his love ones in the movie. Come on guys, Peter is known for that in the comics. He saves the city and beats the villain, but usually at a price of a personal loss, many times the loss of love ones.

TASM is easily my 2nd favorite superhero movie last year behind Avengers, 8.5/10 for me. Best Spider-Man movie yet.


Last edited by antonydelfini; 02-10-2013 at 02:09 AM.
antonydelfini is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #115
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And in Amazing Fantasy #15, he let a Thief go, just because it wasn't his job. Despite being in a good mood, after a successful TV appearance and with tons of people offering him all kinds of deals. At that point, his future was taking care of. All he had to do, for it to remain that way, was literally to just move two fingers and web the thief to the wall. But he didn't do it, because he was an egoistical douche.

So why is it, whenever people try to trash Garfield's version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, no one can or wants to remember Spider-Man's first comic appearance?
I have never said once that the comic's origin made Peter any better. And that is why I have also said I much prefer the way Sam Raimi did it.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #116
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,799
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Well, that's great. Now try to make peace with the fact that we'll get a Spider-Man who isn't a goody two shoes all the time, but has faults like any other human being. Occasionally he'll be egoistical, occasionally he'll be a douche, he'll break promises, but every tragic loss and setback he experiences in his life, forms and shapes him into one of the most selfless, responsible and heroic heroes there is.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #117
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 34,898
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And in Amazing Fantasy #15, he let a Thief go, just because it wasn't his job. Despite being in a good mood, after a successful TV appearance and with tons of people offering him all kinds of deals. At that point, his future was taking care of. All he had to do, for it to remain that way, was literally to just move two fingers and web the thief to the wall. But he didn't do it, because he was an egoistical douche.

So why is it, whenever people try to trash Garfield's version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, no one can or wants to remember Spider-Man's first comic appearance?
But this, was no chocolate milk
Simply not as bad as the movie

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Marvel vs DC, Rip-offs?
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #118
Spideyman123
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 241
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!











Last edited by Spideyman123; 02-10-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Spideyman123 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #119
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 34,898
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyman123 View Post
Generous reaction, instead of appreciating the delay he provided they slow down and stop chasing the thief to blame the kid

GENIUS

They are more to blame than Peter

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Marvel vs DC, Rip-offs?
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 AM   #120
Spideyman123
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 241
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!


Spideyman123 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #121
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 34,898
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Aint that the truth?

I see what you're doing here, do you see I'm being cynical?

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Marvel vs DC, Rip-offs?
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #122
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,259
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And then all of a sudden...by making Flash look like a fool...it takes away Peter's compassion.
What do you know about compassion? Haha!

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB
Oscorp is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #123
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Not helping a cashier just because he(Peter) didn't have enough money for the milk, breaking a promise he made with a guy that saved his ass from a giant lizard.



You said Webb made a Peter Parker for the modern times, and that portrayal was a douche.



Newsflash...EVERYONE'S been a teenager

Just because you are one now doesn't mean you are the only one wise enough to know how teenagers act, lol.
You're joking right ? I would be pissed with the cashier too after denying me that milk over a few cents. Certainly not be in a helping mood.

I love how everyone is a paragon of justice here but in reality people are just douches. Thats what I liked about Webbs Peter, he felt like a real person.

Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #124
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers
 
Tim_Riggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Unknown
Posts: 2,091
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

The USM panel above closes the debate, thank you very much

Tim_Riggins is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #125
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick
 
Ultra Nolanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man!

But this is a great thread. I like the discussion going on here.

To the guy that claims its better to lie to an entire world and deny prisoners parole for eight years and treat prisoners like animals than being tempted to break a promise so that you can be with the girl of your dreams.

You're pure evil.

People died because of that lie, a nuclear bomb went off over U.S. waters.

Pure evil.

People love who they love and we want to be with them. Love is such a strong and unpredictable thing. I think in his mind Peter feels he can protect her.

You all just want such a one dimensional character, well I'm sorry.

And to the guy that claimed people want a Peter they can look up to and say "I wish I could be like that some day". You should know that 90 percent of those people would use similar powers to their own advantage, get rich, become an athlete whatever. I think people automatically look up to Peter because he uses his gift to do what he does. You're gonna tell me you won't allow him some flaws, some basic traits of humanity ?

I think a goody two shoes Peter like you all wish to see would be very difficult to relate to today. Its already difficult for me to relate to a guy who has these powers and doesn't use them for his own personal gain because thats what I'd do.


Last edited by Ultra Nolanite; 02-10-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Ultra Nolanite is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.