The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #351
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 969
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know, in terms of fangirl beginnings I'm thinking that Elvis might have started that or maybe even Rick Nelson.
Oh, you can go further back than that!

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...photo/51239812

And that's not the beginning of it, by any means! Think of King David and all those women coming out to meet him with song and tambourines!
As long as there have been female hormones and good looking celebrities there have been fangirls. And will be fangirls.

And lol, this is quite fangirlish but I decided to post this for you guys to get a chuckle out of it. Anyways, I was thinking of the most fangirlish thing to say in here and this is what I've come up with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
(In wispy, puberty infused wistful voice) Mrs. Tom Hiddleston...I like the sound of that.
Hahahahaha! Yeah, that' pretty hilarious.

In this context, maybe I should have chosen my screen name a little more wisely. I only wanted to convey the fact that I'm a 'mature', female comic book lover whose first purchased comic cost a whopping 20 cents.

Honest!

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #352
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spewing forth OHKO balls of destruction.
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I had been seriously contemplating changing my name to Mrs. Hiddleston just as a joke, but then I thought how ridiculous that would be because I am the Queen of Monsters. Doesn't mean I won't use it as my custom title.

Oh, and if you want to go back a little further than the 50's Silent Movie star Rudolph Valentino always caused a frenzy with his fans back in the 20's.

__________________
Meet the Brachydios!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-01-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #353
LadyGeek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Changing my post because I suspect what I thought was news is a fake: one site I found on Google noted that Tom Hiddleston had been signed to be in Star Wars VII, playing a villain, but I'm afraid it's an April 1 joke and so am deleting the link, just in case . . . there was a lot of ridiculous stuff on the site that certainly wasn't true.

Would be cool to see him in Star Wars, though. Hey, it could happen . . .


Last edited by LadyGeek; 04-01-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: clarity
LadyGeek is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #354
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spewing forth OHKO balls of destruction.
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I believe he has expressed interest in playing a character in a Star Wars movie, but that's just speculation. You know, I think it would be nice to see him in a light hearted comedy after so many dark roles like Loki and Adam. Read somewhere he's going to be in a Muppet movie as a villain though. No doubt the Loki'd bit spurred that casting choice I bet.

__________________
Meet the Brachydios!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #355
LadyGeek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know, I think it would be nice to see him in a light hearted comedy after so many dark roles like Loki and Adam. Read somewhere he's going to be in a Muppet movie as a villain though. No doubt the Loki'd bit spurred that casting choice I bet.
I posted the Muppet movie announcement earlier in this thread. I joked that maybe he'll be a villain, but even if he is, he'll be a cute silly villain. And yeah, I agree that the Loki'd bit set off some whistles and bells, highlighting his flair for comedy.

If he does end up in Star Wars, I hope he's not a villain. After Loki, that would be overkill.

LadyGeek is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #356
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
I posted the Muppet movie announcement earlier in this thread. I joked that maybe he'll be a villain, but even if he is, he'll be a cute silly villain. And yeah, I agree that the Loki'd bit set off some whistles and bells, highlighting his flair for comedy.

If he does end up in Star Wars, I hope he's not a villain. After Loki, that would be overkill.
no it wouldn't lol. He's a good deep villain.

Since Jack Nicholson always plays a psyco, is it overkill? Nah

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #357
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spewing forth OHKO balls of destruction.
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
I posted the Muppet movie announcement earlier in this thread. I joked that maybe he'll be a villain, but even if he is, he'll be a cute silly villain. And yeah, I agree that the Loki'd bit set off some whistles and bells, highlighting his flair for comedy.
Oh, I think you can go further back for an example of Tom's capabilities as a comedic actor like his role as Bill in Suburban Shootout. In the Americas we haven't been privy to many of his earlier roles so not too many know of his cross genre versatility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
no it wouldn't lol. He's a good deep villain.

Since Jack Nicholson always plays a psyco, is it overkill? Nah
The thing is that Tom Hiddleston is a far more talented an actor to let the puppetmasters of Hollywood typecast him in one type of role. If you look at his past achievements all of his characters are vastly diverse from one another like Bill from Suburban Shootout is unlike Loki from the Thor movies. As an actor I'd think Tom would get rather bored playing the same type of persona each and every movie.

__________________
Meet the Brachydios!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-03-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #358
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Oh, I think you can go further back for an example of Tom's capabilities as a comedic actor like his role as Bill in Suburban Shootout. In the Americas we haven't been privy to many of his earlier roles so not too many know of his cross genre versatility.



The thing is that Tom Hiddleston is a far more talented an actor to let the puppetmasters of Hollywood typecast him in one type of role. If you look at his past achievements all of his characters are vastly diverse from one another like Bill from Suburban Shootout is unlike Loki from the Thor movies. As an actor I'd think Tom would get rather bored playing the same type of persona each and every movie.
I thought you were guna say he is far more talented than Jack Nicholson, I was like, come on now haha.

But seriously though, I know what you mean, but we don't know what type of role he "likes". He could "like" acting, hence the variety of roles, that's what I would do, but that doesn't mean we can't have a favorite. The enthusiasm he shows for Loki just lead me to think that he may enjoy playing a complex villain, and could make me think he would enjoy playing one in star wars.

it wouldn't be the puppetmasters. Jack Nicholson plays psychos' cause that's what he's good at, and probably enjoys it. Just like if Tom enjoys playing complex villains (which so far he appears to), I wouldnt say it's a bad thing if they become sort of a trademark thing...speaking of jack, has he ever won an oscar? Cause I think he is so freakin talented

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Old 04-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #359
LadyGeek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Jack Nicholson plays psychos' cause that's what he's good at, and probably enjoys it. Just like if Tom enjoys playing complex villains (which so far he appears to), I wouldnt say it's a bad thing if they become sort of a trademark thing...speaking of jack, has he ever won an oscar? Cause I think he is so freakin talented
Nicholson has won three Oscars, but not for his villainous and/or psycho roles--he's more versatile than you may think. He won Best Actor for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and As Good As It Gets, and Supporting Actor for Terms of Endearment. And he's sane in all!

LadyGeek is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #360
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Nicholson has won three Oscars, but not for his villainous and/or psycho roles--he's more versatile than you may think. He won Best Actor for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and As Good As It Gets, and Supporting Actor for Terms of Endearment. And he's sane in all!
one flew over the cuckoo's nest was so freakin good!

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #361
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spewing forth OHKO balls of destruction.
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I think my point is sometimes certain actors do not want to be known for one role only. I believe a user has posted a video of Tom at an awards presentation where he was talking of how proud he was of his role as Prince Hal/Henry V. Loki might be a fun role to play, but I suspect Tom wants to be known for more diverse roles than just Loki.

__________________
Meet the Brachydios!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #362
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Nicholson has won three Oscars, but not for his villainous and/or psycho roles--he's more versatile than you may think. He won Best Actor for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and As Good As It Gets, and Supporting Actor for Terms of Endearment. And he's sane in all!
Yeah, he's been nominated for 12 Oscars, more than any other actor in history. So I'd say he's definitely been recognized as a pretty good actor. =)

Man, if Jack got a role in the MCU, that would be amazing.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #363
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I just saw a commercial for Marvel Takeover club penguin, and it had a penguin in the Iron Man 3 armor. There's a penguin that looks like Loki too and I'm wondering if its a look he'll have in Thor:TDW.
here's a pic

Norrin Parker is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #364
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I just saw a commercial for Marvel Takeover club penguin, and it had a penguin in the Iron Man 3 armor. There's a penguin that looks like Loki too and I'm wondering if its a look he'll have in Thor:TDW.
here's a pic
where is the Loki penguin? there definitely isn't one lol

edit: nevermind there it is. Sorry, that's not Loki. That's the Mandarin lol, not Loki

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #365
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Yeah, he's been nominated for 12 Oscars, more than any other actor in history. So I'd say he's definitely been recognized as a pretty good actor. =)

Man, if Jack got a role in the MCU, that would be amazing.
yaeh, unfortunately, he's a bit old :/ he's like 75 now, jesus

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #366
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar
 
Norrin Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
where is the Loki penguin? there definitely isn't one lol

edit: nevermind there it is. Sorry, that's not Loki. That's the Mandarin lol, not Loki
Duh. Man I should have put that together.

Norrin Parker is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #367
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spewing forth OHKO balls of destruction.
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Well...it's all way to juvenile directed for me to get interested in that cross promotion, but I can see why the kids might like it. My nephew used to play on Club Penguin all the time for hours.

__________________
Meet the Brachydios!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #368
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

This is actually the second year of the Marvel Takeover...isn't it convenient that Disney owns it?

They did have Loki last year so they would probably have him again this year but I thought he looked more like the Super Hero Squad Show Loki than MCU.

http://video.disney.com/watch/marvel...image_620_Extl

ericadawn16 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #369
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spewing forth OHKO balls of destruction.
Posts: 6,679
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Why yes, yes it is very convenient that Disney owns Club Penguin. I just keep thinking of someone in a back room laughing maniacally that soon they will take over the world ala Pinky and the Brain...which is actually a Warner's license, isn't it? Crap, I'll never work for Disney ever by typing that. >_<

But on a more serious note, I was thinking a few minutes ago while washing my dishes how would Loki have turned out if Odin was honest to him from the start when he was old enough to handle the fact he was not only adopted but a Frost Giant as well. If the scenes of Loki as a youngster are any clue, he is a very loving creature deep inside his core being, perhaps a little too loving in that he can get hurt very easily when his uniqueness is rejected. I think his prankish nature and charisma are there to hide those hurt feelings.

__________________
Meet the Brachydios!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-08-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #370
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
This is actually the second year of the Marvel Takeover...isn't it convenient that Disney owns it?

They did have Loki last year so they would probably have him again this year but I thought he looked more like the Super Hero Squad Show Loki than MCU.

http://video.disney.com/watch/marvel...image_620_Extl
they may not though. It seems like the have relevant characters to the phase? Loki was the baddie for phase 1. Thanos is phase 2. Ironman is in the limelight, so mandarin makes sense. Loki isn't even the "main baddie" for thor 2. So they may not include him in this.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #371
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I doubt they're even thinking Phases with this. It's an annual event for kids and kids have short attention spans so they're going to want Iron Man, Mandarin and the characters for Iron Man which comes out at the same time it's going on but they'll also be thinking about Thor 2 in November which means having Thor and Loki...kids don't know the other people from Thor. I remember last year when they were still trying to sell the toys for Thor because of Avengers and I had to explain to my mom who Odin was...

Thanos would probably be saved for next year with Guardians of the Galaxy along with whoever the baddies are in Winter Soldier.

ericadawn16 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #372
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sitting comfortably between Loki & Winter Soldier
Posts: 2,179
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Methinks Hiddleston/Loki fans are getting desperate *lol* Poor Agent M

http://tmblr.co/ZUVoayiRTWIV

__________________
Hill:Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #373
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,558
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

O...m...g

ctsketch is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #374
LadyGeek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 265
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Recent interview with Tom Hiddleston, being the charming and well-spoken devil that he is. Watch the whole interview here:

http://movies.broadwayworld.com/arti...ivism-20130411

It's mostly about his work with UNICEF, a little reminiscing about doing stunts in the first Thor film, and just a few words about Thor 2 at the end of the interview (not really a spoiler, but just in case):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And, what about THOR 2? "I am very excited about this one. It's a progression - because people are used to Thor and Loki now; these two brothers who have been in love and war across two films. There's a nice development. A lot of it is set in London, which is exciting."

LadyGeek is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #375
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Recent interview with Tom Hiddleston, being the charming and well-spoken devil that he is. Watch the whole interview here:

http://movies.broadwayworld.com/arti...ivism-20130411

It's mostly about his work with UNICEF, a little reminiscing about doing stunts in the first Thor film, and just a few words about Thor 2 at the end of the interview (not really a spoiler, but just in case):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And, what about THOR 2? "I am very excited about this one. It's a progression - because people are used to Thor and Loki now; these two brothers who have been in love and war across two films. There's a nice development. A lot of it is set in London, which is exciting."
That worries me. I know we are going to see other realms. But I hope it doesnt take place on earth, with like..15 minutes of other world footage. I hope there is A LOT taking place in other realms

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.