Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #426
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
It is canon that Marvel's biggest guns (Thor, Hulk, Herc, Surfer) are at least able to make some impression against people like skyfathers, galactic deities and demon lords. Of course, normally they don't win. But in rare cases, when surprise is on their side... there is a chance.

Lol you do realize that the picture you posted there of Hulk hitting zeus was the fight when zeus beat the living piss out of him? The one punch was a cheapshot. Zeus mocked hulk and then beat the hell out of him, brutally, with zero effort. Proving that Hulk isn't close to a skyfather.

Silver Surfer got 1 shotted by Odin in the fight with he and thanos vs Odin.. Surfer and Thor are versitile and have a lot of powers and we've seen what Thor can do when he cuts loose. But generally, two herald level characters, and a top tier won't to much against a skyfather.

that picture you posted is proof

Old 04-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #427
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
" it only makes sense for Thor to finally see Loki for what he is."

Must pet the kitty. . . must pet the kitty . . .
[Ducks to avoid Jaqua's shoes.]

Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #428
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Must pet the kitty. . . must pet the kitty . . .
[Ducks to avoid Jaqua's shoes.]

Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #429
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Blurb about Loki in the USA today article (that's been linked to in the main TDW news/speculation thread):

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...worth/2023215/

Quote:
But Thor is still forced to seek help from powerful half-brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston), incarcerated on Asgard for his attempt to take over Earth inThe Avengers.

"Needing Loki's help turns everything on its head," says Hemsworth. "And it allows us to explore the underlying complexities of their relationship. It really ends up being a kind of chess match."

This ensures that Hiddleston's Loki, winner of the MTV Movie Award for best villain, gets another jaunt on screen. But there is little reason to hope that Loki will turn over a friendly leaf.

"Tom has built and shaped one of the best movie villains in years with many, many layers," says Feige. "It will be very difficult for Loki to lose the villain status. He has that firmly in hand."
Oh, and just wondering... is it just me or does it irk anyone else that they keep referring to Loki as "half-brother". As far as I'm aware (and I do admit I could be mistaken) "half-brother" refers to sharing the blood of one parent (i.e. same father, different mother). Seeing as Loki doesn't share any actual blood with Thor, it should be adopted brother if they insist on referring to what type of brother he is.

Eh... just a small little nitpick... in the grand scheme of things though, it's not that important

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #430
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

Oh, and just wondering... is it just me or does it irk anyone else that they keep referring to Loki as "half-brother". As far as I'm aware (and I do admit I could be mistaken) "half-brother" refers to sharing the blood of one parent (i.e. same father, different mother). Seeing as Loki doesn't share any actual blood with Thor, it should be adopted brother if they insist on referring to what type of brother he is.

Eh... just a small little nitpick... in the grand scheme of things though, it's not that important
Its kind of strange to me too (I am not a native speaker so I thought that there is some aspect of this term that I do not fully understand) but it`s like it always have been in comic. Always "half-brother". Considering terms the "demigod" thing bother me more.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #431
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Blurb about Loki in the USA today article (that's been linked to in the main TDW news/speculation thread):

Oh, and just wondering... is it just me or does it irk anyone else that they keep referring to Loki as "half-brother".
Not just you; bothers me too because it's wrong. Should be either adopted brother or, better, just brother.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #432
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Considering terms the "demigod" thing bother me more.
What really bothers me? Still no Loki pics! Oh well--we'll get to see him tomorrow at last.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #433
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Marvel is finally going to reveal official images of Loki soon? I don't know if I'm prepared for the fangirls exploding with cackling glee yet.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #434
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Marvel is finally going to reveal official images of Loki soon? I don't know if I'm prepared for the fangirls exploding with cackling glee yet.
I think Lady's probably referring to the release of the trailer tomorrow. That is, of course, assuming the trailer shows Loki. I don't see why they wouldn't... still... if they don't, to say there's going to be a legion of pissed off Loki fans that have been waiting with baited breath to see how his look has changed will be a severe understatement

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #435
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Lady's probably referring to the release of the trailer tomorrow. :
Yes, sorry for any confusion: I was referring to the trailer, not specific photos. Thank you for clarifying, Silvermoon.

If he's not in the trailer, my head will explode. But if we see the same preview that was shown in Mexico (and discussed in several threads here), we'll see him, if only once.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #436
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Once is enough for the fangirls to start posting images on the web.

*edit* Oh lol, I just thought of this but the footage of Loki is probably him looking all disheveled and unattractive looking. Won't the fangirls be very disappointed if this is so.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-22-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #437
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

well, that answers the Loki, villain role question, someone tell Elizah, Loki will always be Loki, they aren't gunna change the character from his routes :P.

And who cares lol the whole half brother thing. They don't refer to him as it on screen, it's only in media, it's just something small for us to nitpick, I wouldnt worry.

I hope his magical abilities get displayed a bit more

Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #438
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

*edit* Oh lol, I just thought of this but the footage of Loki is probably him looking all disheveled and unattractive looking. Won't the fangirls be very disappointed if this is so.

Again lol, 4 years ago, hearing people being disappointed because Loki looks unattractive is something I figured would NEVER happen lol. Oh Tom, why does your looks cause blind faith?

Old 04-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #439
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
well, that answers the Loki, villain role question . . . Loki will always be Loki, they aren't gunna change the character from his routes :P.
Rub it in why don't you? LOL. And get yer shoes ready . . . I'm revving up for some Loki gushing tomorrow. Bet he's going to look soooooo cuuuuute!

Quote:
And who cares lol the whole half brother thing. They don't refer to him as it on screen, it's only in media, it's just something small for us to nitpick, I wouldnt worry.
I'm an editor; it's my job to nitpick lazy journalists who don't know what they are writing about.

Quote:
I hope his magical abilities get displayed a bit more.
Me too! I'm hoping he's fearless and fierce and kicks some Dark Elf arse. Grrrr!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #440
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Rub it in why don't you? LOL. And get yer shoes ready . . . I'm revving up for some Loki gushing tomorrow. Bet he's going to look soooooo cuuuuute!
I'm in a bit of a predicament as the daily shoes are relatively old track shoes, if I throw them, I run the risk of damaging them even more.

Are you worthy of a bombardment of dress shoes?

Quote:
I'm an editor; it's my job to nitpick lazy journalists who don't know what they are writing about.
Well then that makes sense :P. The media industry Now that you mention it, a good half the articles I read on this don't even get their facts right.

Me too! I'm hoping he's fearless and fierce and kicks some Dark Elf arse. Grrrr![/QUOTE]I want to see some spells

Last edited by jaqua99; 04-22-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #441
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:

There are times when looking all disheveled and unattractive can be incredibly, well...... attractive

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #442
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
There are times when looking all disheveled and unattractive can be incredibly, well...... attractive

Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #443
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

There's nothing wrong with a bit of rough. Give me a dirty hairy beefcake over a neat and tidy Cap or Superman any day. Girls have a type!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #444
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you worthy of a bombardment of dress shoes?
Yes! Loki's hair! Whee!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #445
Nimloth
Newbie First Class

OMG
now, put that hair in ponytail !!

I did not read anything about Thor2 for a while and today I was bored and decided to check if there's any news. WOWWWWW Loki!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #446
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

[/QUOTE]

what is this from?

edit: nevermind

Last edited by jaqua99; 04-22-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #447
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Where do you think it's from?

The trailer tomorrow...

I like it.

As for half-brother, I've seen him referred to that way in multiple Marvel entities, including The Super Hero Squad Show.

Last edited by ericadawn16; 04-22-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: New post came up with question
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #448
waffles
Side-Kick

Quote:

If that is indeed from the trailer then damn, dude needs some straighteners and hair gel :/

Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #449
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
If that is indeed from the trailer then damn, dude needs some straighteners and hair gel :/
Courtesy @Hashtag_Genius:
Quote:
Hash ‏@Hashtag_Genius
"Loki, I need your help..." #Oh #Really - For @twhspain pic.twitter.com/nHzUWhlmX3
*lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #450
animexcel
Side-Kick

Quote:

[/QUOTE]

Tom now has the Tommy Wiseau look

Closed Thread