jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Loki

Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #502
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Well, then I guess jealous, fighting fangirls would cause the bad guys some grief.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #503
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Loki
Yes?

Old 04-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #504
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

I feel kind of bad actually feeling like it would be satisfying to see angry, possessive, mean spirited Loki fangirls getting into a massive fight with one another. But in all seriousness as Tumblr has shown some of them are downright combative, vindictive and rough, especially to the peace loving fans. It makes me scared to know what celebrity echelon type fangirls/boys are like with all that money and hangers ons at their disposal.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #505
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I feel kind of bad actually feeling like it would be satisfying to see angry, possessive, mean spirited Loki fangirls getting into a massive fight with one another. But in all seriousness as Tumblr has shown some of them are downright combative, vindictive and rough, especially to the peace loving fans. It makes me scared to know what celebrity echelon type fangirls/boys are like with all that money and hangers ons at their disposal.
I am not gunna lie, I think that the tumbler fangirls of Loki completely ruin the character for me.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #506
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
I am not gunna lie, I think that the tumbler fangirls of Loki completely ruin the character for me.
And how does the behavior of a few obsessed fans destroy your interpretation of a character?

Old 04-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #507
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
I don't have any problems with enthusiastic fans. What I do take issue with are those that get way too territorial over Tom and act very aggressive towards others like it's a real life contest for his affections.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #508
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
And how does the behavior of a few obsessed fans destroy your interpretation of a character?

It ruins the enjoyment...as I have said before, Loki is the character in the comics who got me more intrigued by villains. A lot of them have tunnel vision, and it just...is awkward for me to see fangirls treating a character like that. This is a character who in my eyes, has ALWAYS been THE quintessential villain. The way he was in the comics, his scheming, the lengths he took things and how he pushed things, it intrigued me a lot. MCU, or 616, to me, Loki is still Loki. So to see people "gushing" over a character, and saying he's just missunderstood, and writing every other POV off as wrong, well that irritates me because what they are referring to is NOT the Loki I grew up to like, and it just seems...i don't know how to put it..wrong.

Quote:
I don't have any problems with enthusiastic fans. What I do take issue with are those that get way too territorial over Tom and act very aggressive towards others like it's a real life contest for his affections.
This, essentially

Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #509
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
It ruins the enjoyment...as I have said before, Loki is the character in the comics who got me more intrigued by villains. A lot of them have tunnel vision, and it just...is awkward for me to see fangirls treating a character like that. This is a character who in my eyes, has ALWAYS been THE quintessential villain. The way he was in the comics, his scheming, the lengths he took things and how he pushed things, it intrigued me a lot. MCU, or 616, to me, Loki is still Loki. So to see people "gushing" over a character, and saying he's just missunderstood, and writing every other POV off as wrong, well that irritates me because what they are referring to is NOT the Loki I grew up to like, and it just seems...i don't know how to put it..wrong.

This, essentially
I see. There's a fear that producers may decide to deviate from the original intent of the character into a more palpable, "misunderstood" character?

Bleh. Yeah, I prefer the bad-ass! I watch some you tube videos that show him with these lullaby songs all gushy with those feelies...

I prefer to rock out and see some fireworks.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #510
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #511
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
Tumblr creeps me out. It's like the drunk uncle of the internet. I don't think that there is anything wrong with enthusiasm. I love talking about plots and characters in detail that would totally bore the casual fan. But the possessiveness thing is really creepy, not to even touch on the super creepy things some fans say about Loki and/or Hiddleston. There isn't anything wrong with finding an actor or actress attractive, but to proclaim really strange, over-sexualized and inappropriate things is just too much. It's like, if it would embarrass the person you are talking about to say it out loud to them, don't write it down.

I think a lot of the whole "he's just misunderstood" thing comes from the trope of wanting to reform the "bad boy". And while I might agree with that sentiment for like, the first 20 minutes of Thor (seriously, hasn't Asgard ever heard of family therapy?) the frustrating thing is that it totally ignores how the character has progressed from that point based on the free-will choices he made.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #512
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_e View Post
Tumblr creeps me out. It's like the drunk uncle of the internet. I don't think that there is anything wrong with enthusiasm. I love talking about plots and characters in detail that would totally bore the casual fan. But the possessiveness thing is really creepy, not to even touch on the super creepy things some fans say about Loki and/or Hiddleston. There isn't anything wrong with finding an actor or actress attractive, but to proclaim really strange, over-sexualized and inappropriate things is just too much. It's like, if it would embarrass the person you are talking about to say it out loud to them, don't write it down.

I think a lot of the whole "he's just misunderstood" thing comes from the trope of wanting to reform the "bad boy". And while I might agree with that sentiment for like, the first 20 minutes of Thor (seriously, hasn't Asgard ever heard of family therapy?) the frustrating thing is that it totally ignores how the character has progressed from that point based on the free-will choices he made.
Good points. I also noticed how Loki progressed even more to the dark side in The Avengers. He just run roughshod over anyone in his way. A total bad ass psycho. There was no "misunderstanding" with him in that film. He just wanted to be feared and obeyed.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #513
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

It's funny, in that .gif image after Loki fires that blast from the staff the split second reaction afterwards is like, "Whoa, did I just do that?"

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #514
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

To briefly take the topic back to the superficial one of Loki's appearance in the teaser:

So apparently some fan managed to meet Tom at the Olivier Awards and she asked him about Loki's hair, his response was to wait and see that there was a "reason for it"

*shrugs shoulders*.... makes me wonder if they're eventually going to go for the ponytail look on Loki (not sure how well that would work in live action though).

Back to the current topic (re: tumblr) I agree with most, Tumblr scares me especially when searching the Loki or Tom Hiddleston tag (so much so that I've learned never to search tumblr during work because there are things that pop up that are most certainly NSFW). The insanity of *some* of the fangirls on that site is one reason why I'm resisting creating an account (despite the fact that I have a few good friends that have tumblr sites as well as my sister - who I just found out had one yesterday, can't believe she caved, but she says a lot of her author friends have tumblr so....)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #515
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Oh the insanity of some of these fangirls is very out of control. I've even seen some of them making blatant threats to other fangirls's safeties because their jealous possessiveness is so out of check. It's even worse when you meet some of these individuals in person as I have.

But anyways on a more positive note, I thought you'd all appreciate this little video Youtube recommended to me:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-29-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #516
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Tumblr is a scary place... especially all the random Thor and Loki as lovers fan art.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #517
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Tumblr is a scary place... especially all the random Thor and Loki as lovers fan art.
What's a bit weirder are instances of Tom paired with Loki in slash fictions I have seen on the web.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #518
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:

But anyways on a more positive note, I thought you'd all appreciate this little video Youtube recommended to me:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
MY GOD! That's hilarious! I put it in my favorites.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #519
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Heh..come again?

Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #520
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
MY GOD! That's hilarious! I put it in my favorites.
Me too. It's pretty cute the way the guy edited it all together.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #521
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh the insanity of some of these fangirls is very out of control. I've even seen some of them making blatant threats to other fangirls's safeties because their jealous possessiveness is so out of check. It's even worse when you meet some of these individuals in person as I have.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This video is so cute; thanks for posting it. My son is "meme" crazed and is always talking to me about this cat. He will love this video.

I especially liked the kitty, rather than Thor's hammer, on his chest. So very cat-like!

Re the jealous possessiveness--I've noticed this on line, too. Not only with Tom, with other fandoms as well. People trying to prove who is the "better" fan. Sheesh.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #522
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Throw yer shoes at 'em!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #523
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
This video is so cute; thanks for posting it. My son is "meme" crazed and is always talking to me about this cat. He will love this video.

I especially liked the kitty, rather than Thor's hammer, on his chest. So very cat-like!
I'm glad I could brighten your day with that little find of mine. It really does cheer you up doesn't it? By all means please give us your son's reaction when you post next time!

Quote:
Throw yer shoes at 'em!
I'm thinking that jaqua must have a closet full of shoes to throw at people!

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Let's go for a walk!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #524
thorrs

wrong post

Last edited by thorrs; 05-01-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #525
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
It's funny, in that .gif image after Loki fires that blast from the staff the split second reaction afterwards is like, "Whoa, did I just do that?"
ACTUALLY :P, it's just on a loop...fury tells him to put down the spear...Loki THEN looks at the staff, THEN fires it, he looks at it before, not after :P

Quote:
Throw yer shoes at 'em!
Quote:
I'm glad I could brighten your day with that little find of mine. It really does cheer you up doesn't it? By all means please give us your son's reaction when you post next time!

I'm thinking that jaqua must have a closet full of shoes to throw at people!
guys, I don't work too often because of college, which means I can't afford to buy more shoes..I'm running out! I'm down to one pair because the others have been thrown, as much as I would love to keep throwing, I need these shoes on me feet :/