Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #701
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
In regards to Thor 2, I think Sutur will make an appearance, either at the end or after the credits. This will set up Thor 3 in the sense that Loki strikes a deal with Sutur to bring him to Asgard, Sutur ends up "killing" Odin, and it would leave the throne for Thor (finally).

I've been reading a lot lately about who will die in Thor 2....
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
We know from the one stuntman that Frigga (the mom) dies. Since she's not a major character, I doubt this is the only death. Odin seems far more likely. I would say it's Loki (given Thor's threat to him at the end of the trailer and the fact that he does "kill" him in the comic books), but they already "killed" Loki at the end of the first Thor movie. To do it again is kind of redundant. Give someone else a chance to be dead and come back in a spectacular fashion!
We've kind of joked about the whole "For Asgard!" "For Midgard!" "For Myself!" Moment between Odin, Thor, and Loki from the Surtr arc in the comics, but how about:

Odin: "For Asgard!" (Going full archaic-War-God on some baddies in his palace, possibly some version of Surtr himself, maybe even a possessed Jane)

*Cut to Earth*

Thor: "For Midgard!" (Overcoming Kurze in a last ditch attack)

*Cut to Loki and Malefic*

Loki: "For my mother." (Kills Malefic)

*Cue Russel Crowe showing up in his Jor-El costume with a cowboy hat*

Jor-El: "Even bad men love their mamas."

-C.S. Lewis
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #702
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
We've kind of joked about the whole "For Asgard!" "For Midgard!" "For Myself!" Moment between Odin, Thor, and Loki from the Surtr arc in the comics, but how about:

Odin: "For Asgard!" (Going full archaic-War-God on some baddies in his palace, possibly some version of Surtr himself, maybe even a possessed Jane)

*Cut to Earth*

lol! That'd WTF the audience for sure.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #703
Jenlet
Irritant

IMO, if there is a third "Thor" movie, I think it'd be best for Loki to go out then. I'd hate for him to drag on (cameos in future films) or be unresolved. You know, say he does some minor redemption in TDW and just disappears to scheme some evil and then we never hear of him again.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #704
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

The big question is: Will this be the final installment of the film series? Or maybe another Avengers movie with Thor? Loki probably won't be in that seeing he was already defeated by them.

I see something on Tumblr about a surprising plot twist. But that could be anything. But I still think Loki will help win the battle but commit an act of sabotage that will imply another Thor adventure. He'll do something and escape, leaving the audience in suspense for the next film.

One will have to stay for the credits to find out, I bet.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #705
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
The big question is: Will this be the final installment of the film series? Or maybe another Avengers movie with Thor? Loki probably won't be in that seeing he was already defeated by them.

I see something on Tumblr about a surprising plot twist. But that could be anything. But I still think Loki will help win the battle but commit an act of sabotage that will imply another Thor adventure. He'll do something and escape, leaving the audience in suspense for the next film.

One will have to stay for the credits to find out, I bet.
Why would you even think this could possibly be the final installment?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #706
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Why not?

Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #707
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Because if it makes money, they'll want to make more? Because Hemsworth and Hiddleston have growing popularity?

Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #708
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Because if it makes money, they'll want to make more?
That's the most logical reason I suppose. We'll see what the latest sequel earns at teh box office. If it's a dud and tanks, then it's reboot time, kinda like what happened to the Star Trek franchise.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #709
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or maybe another Avengers movie with Thor?
This is the strangest thing I have read here, really. How avengers movie trilogy will work without one of the Big Three? Second avengers trilogy (if will be done) probably will have a new cast of a characters and actors but not the first...

Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #710
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

*Cut to Earth*

*Malekith***

Quote:
Why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Because if it makes money, they'll want to make more? Because Hemsworth and Hiddleston have growing popularity?
I don't think these decisions are made on the fly. They have a story to tell it seems. If another Thor movie fits into the story they are telling, then they'll put one in. Obviously the success and the demand would play a part, but I'm sure the main decision is if it fits into what is going on, and NOT because if it makes money, or a high demand.

regardless, there will be a third one in phase 3 most likely due to a combination of both reasons

Old 05-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #711
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's the most logical reason I suppose. We'll see what the latest sequel earns at teh box office. If it's a dud and tanks, then it's reboot time, kinda like what happened to the Star Trek franchise.
a reboot would throw off the whole MCU. they aren't going to do that

Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #712
ctsketch
Side-Kick

and they are already talking about the third star trek of the current continuity...what are you smoking?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #713
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
and they are already talking about the third star trek of the current continuity...what are you smoking?
Nothing I'm willing to share.

Good grief people. I wasn't serious about a reboot, certainly not NOW.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #714
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Nothing I'm willing to share.

Good grief people. I wasn't serious about a reboot, certainly not NOW.
share it with me?? I am always good for a few tokes

Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #715
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fantastic Four quit after 2 movies because they were just so awful and didn't do well at the box office.

And now they're going to reboot the Fantastic Four, so really, it doesn't even matter how crappy the movies do, someone will pick it up again.

That being said, the Loki fangirls will keep the Thor movies alive as long as Loki "lives" hahaha.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #716
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Fantastic Four quit after 2 movies because they were just so awful and didn't do well at the box office.

And now they're going to reboot the Fantastic Four, so really, it doesn't even matter how crappy the movies do, someone will pick it up again.

That being said, the Loki fangirls will keep the Thor movies alive as long as Loki "lives" hahaha.
But the first Thor wasn't a disappointment at all so there's not much comparison there. This franchise is more faithful to the comics and everything points to that it has a growing popularity.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #717
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

It's an expectation that movie franchises come in trilogy form nowadays. Three movies at the very least. For Thor to end with one sequel would be pretty shocking.

Quote:
Uh, not quite sure what to say to this... From your mouth to God's ears? Whatever.

To the overwhelming number of movie goers, at least in this country, Loki is just another bad guy - if they remember him at all. It's going to take more than 'Loki fangirls' to carry this franchise. Hopefully, stellar storytelling, film making and performances will carry the day - with or without Loki.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #718
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
It's an expectation that movie franchises come in trilogy form nowadays. Three movies at the very least. For Thor to end with one sequel would be pretty shocking.

Uh, not quite sure what to say to this... From your mouth to God's ears? Whatever.

To the overwhelming number of movie goers, at least in this country, Loki is just another bad guy - if they remember him at all. It's going to take more than 'Loki fangirls' to carry this franchise. Hopefully, stellar storytelling, film making and performances will carry the day - with or without Loki.
That is something a lot of extreme Loki fans fail to get. Thor was a very successful film because it clicked with the audience. A large part of its appeal was Thor himself. Had Chris Hemsworth not been perfectly cast the film would have been a failure at the box office. Loki has his fans, but he will never carry a film the way Thor and the other heroes can.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #719
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That is something a lot of extreme Loki fans fail to get. Thor was a very successful film because it clicked with the audience. A large part of its appeal was Thor himself. Had Chris Hemsworth not been perfectly cast the film would have been a failure at the box office. Loki has his fans, but he will never carry a film the way Thor and the other heroes can.
Word. I didn't see Thor in the theaters but on rental, and I was like "Oh my god, who is this guy? He's everything Thor should be!" Then instant crush on Hemsworth.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #720
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
You'll hate me for this.

Crap in a bucket...this just makes me want him more. >_< Not about to jump any red carpet barricades though, that's obsessively crazy!

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #721
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yeah but the Thor franchise (Thor 1, Avengers) is doing well..Fantastic 4...sucked

Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #722
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Yeah but the Thor franchise (Thor 1, Avengers) is doing well..Fantastic 4...sucked
I think the Fox Four movies suffered because they just didn't care about the source material or the characters. Reed, Thing and Torch were perfectly cast but the storyline progressions were perfect crap. They really dropped the ball by not exploring the dramatic possibilities of these characters and their circumstances by focusing on making it just another popcorn movie.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #723
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:

True that.

I watched Thor with a friend of mine a couple of days ago. She hadn't seen it, nor is she a fan of the genre but she ended up loving it when Thor was banished to earth. She likes a good romance story and the selling point for her was the romance between Thor and Jane.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #724
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:

Some people fail to understand jokes.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #725
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fantastic Four Domestic Total Gross: $154,696,080

Thor (2011) Domestic Total Gross: $181,030,624

So not that big of a difference. But, like I said, there will always be someone to reboot these movies, even if they quit at 2 (which they won't I'm sure).

(For clarification, the Fantastic Four number is the first movie only. The second made around $130,000,000)

Closed Thread