The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #726
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 972
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I think the Fox Four movies suffered because they just didn't care about the source material or the characters. Reed, Thing and Torch were perfectly cast but the storyline progressions were perfect crap. They really dropped the ball by not exploring the dramatic possibilities of these characters and their circumstances by focusing on making it just another popcorn movie.
I can rant all day on this topic - but since this is a Thor forum I'll behave.

F4 was one of my favorite titles growing up. No matter how amazing and fantastical their lives were as superheroes, everything always played out within the well grounded context of friendship and family. I absolutely loved those guys!

What Fox did to translate it to the big screen was a travesty. Nothing but a cash grab. The only standouts? Chris Evan's Torch and, to a lesser extent, Michael Chiklis' Thing (even with the hideous costume).

Hoping Marvel gets this property back and does it right.

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #727
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 972
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Some people fail to understand jokes.
Sorry if I missed your joke. It's difficult to pick up on tone in a virtual dialogue. That and the fact that female fans can sometimes be treated dismissively. You're new, and I don't yet know where you're coming from.

You could have made your point without the rolling eyes though.

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #728
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 972
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Fantastic Four Domestic Total Gross: $154,696,080

Thor (2011) Domestic Total Gross: $181,030,624

So not that big of a difference. But, like I said, there will always be someone to reboot these movies, even if they quit at 2 (which they won't I'm sure).

(For clarification, the Fantastic Four number is the first movie only. The second made around $130,000,000)
Fantastic 4 rode on the coattails of Spider-man, an 'Avengers' like juggernaut of that time. With the second one, a lousy sequel of a lousy movie, the numbers righted themselves by going down. It'll be interesting to see what post Avengers Thor does.

Not a betting woman, but I'll wager it's not going down.

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #729
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Fantastic 4 rode on the coattails of Spider-man, an 'Avengers' like juggernaut of that time. With the second one, a lousy sequel of a lousy movie, the numbers righted themselves by going down. It'll be interesting to see what post Avengers Thor does.

Not a betting woman, but I'll wager it's not going down.
After the god-awful Spiderman 3 and X-Men The Last Stand, it was quite nice when the Avengers came out. Since they blew it out of the water, I'm guessing others felt the same. I think people are going to want to see Thor 2 more since his and Loki's appearance in the Avengers. And they have a really brilliant director attached to Thor 2 as well, so good feels all around!


OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #730
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Fantastic Four Domestic Total Gross: $154,696,080

Thor (2011) Domestic Total Gross: $181,030,624

So not that big of a difference. But, like I said, there will always be someone to reboot these movies, even if they quit at 2 (which they won't I'm sure).

(For clarification, the Fantastic Four number is the first movie only. The second made around $130,000,000)
It's a bigger difference if you look at the worldwide numbers.

Thor: $449M
FF: $330M
FF2: $289M

There's of course a few years between them so the main thing will be to compare the trends though. I'm betting that T:TDW increases.

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #731
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 972
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
After the god-awful Spiderman 3 and X-Men The Last Stand, it was quite nice when the Avengers came out. Since they blew it out of the water, I'm guessing others felt the same. I think people are going to want to see Thor 2 more since his and Loki's appearance in the Avengers. And they have a really brilliant director attached to Thor 2 as well, so good feels all around!

Absolutely!

Not familiar with Alan Taylor's work on GOT, but liking what I've seen so far.

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #732
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
I can rant all day on this topic - but since this is a Thor forum I'll behave.

F4 was one of my favorite titles growing up. No matter how amazing and fantastical their lives were as superheroes, everything always played out within the well grounded context of friendship and family. I absolutely loved those guys!

What Fox did to translate it to the big screen was a travesty. Nothing but a cash grab. The only standouts? Chris Evan's Torch and, to a lesser extent, Michael Chiklis' Thing (even with the hideous costume).

Hoping Marvel gets this property back and does it right.
By all means please do paste this thread of thought in the Fantastic Four boards and elucidate on the flaws of Fox's Four.

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #733
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 972
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
By all means please do paste this thread of thought in the Fantastic Four boards and elucidate on the flaws of Fox's Four.
Eh, I wouldn't be saying anything new: the casting (especially Sue), the treatment of Doom (one of my favorite villains) the cheap looking production values .... just how unforgivably mediocre it was!

At your suggestion, I did pop over to the F4 boards for the first look-around in years. There's a thread there dedicated to the hope that the clock runs out on Fox and the rights revert back to Marvel. Called 'Keep Hope Alive'.

Aging Fangirl is offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #734
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I was just thinking of this while of all things watching a live video of Within Temptation's song Deceiver Of Fools, but wouldn't it be interesting if Loki snatches the throne from Thor in the next movie should Odin die?

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #735
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool
 
voyzovrezon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 982
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I was just thinking of this while of all things watching a live video of Within Temptation's song Deceiver Of Fools, but wouldn't it be interesting if Loki snatches the throne from Thor in the next movie should Odin die?
Seeing how the first attempt didn't go so well...?



I see other plans in Loki's future.

__________________
fangirl
voyzovrezon is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #736
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
Seeing how the first attempt didn't go so well...?



I see other plans in Loki's future.

In the comic books, he did try multiple times to steal the throne. He once convinced Odin to banish Thor and leave him in charge of Asgard. But, you're right. They'll probably try something else for this movie. I'm thinking Loki will be the one who cuts the deal that kills Odin and by the end, he'll betray Thor (again) and either get away or get punished (banishment, hell, etc etc)

OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #737
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Might I add that in the movie Loki's ascension to the throne was accidental though. I'm talking about a hostile takeover this time with Loki knowing just how much of a weakened state Asgard is in. Also this comic cover has me quite inspired:


__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #738
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool
 
voyzovrezon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 982
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Interesting.

I wonder if he'll do some more morphing into his true self.


__________________
fangirl
voyzovrezon is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #739
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Certainly step one of his conquest of Asgard would be gaining the throne of Jotunheim from whomever is ruling it so he can have at his disposal an army at his beck and call unlike the Chitauri who were basically Thanos's collective brained puppets. Hehehe...just imaging him in full Frost Giant makeup and costume with long, black hair is rather tantalizing in a weird, offbeat way. What fangirl wouldn't want to see Tom in nothing but a loincloth anyway even if he is all blue?

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 06-03-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #740
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Certainly step one of his conquest of Asgard would be gaining the throne of Jotunheim from whomever is ruling it so he can have at his disposal an army at his beck and call unlike the Chitauri who were basically Thanos's collective brained puppets. Hehehe...just imaging him in full Frost Giant makeup and costume with long, black hair is rather tantalizing in a weird, offbeat way. What fangirl wouldn't want to see Tom in nothing but a loincloth anyway even if he is all blue?
If I remember correctly, in the comic books, Loki does send the Frost Giants (along with other creatures) to Asgard to attack them.

In my head, I always figured he did it because he was bored. You know, the whole Asgard-is-boring-let's-liven-things-up-a-bit. He once went through an elaborate, unnecessary scheme that had to do with Mephisto and Mephisto asked him why he did it that way and Loki replied, "Because it was more fun this way."

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's more fun.

OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #741
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool
 
voyzovrezon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 982
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
What fangirl wouldn't want to see Tom in nothing but a loincloth anyway even if he is all blue?




__________________
fangirl
voyzovrezon is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #742
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Is that a look of approval or disgust from Loki?

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #743
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool
 
voyzovrezon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 982
Th Biggrin Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Is that a look of approval or disgust from Loki?
I'd say it's more of a "WTF am I turning blue for" look.



__________________
fangirl
voyzovrezon is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #744
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that people on Youtube have taken such amounts of time and editing precision to excise and paste only Tom's scenes in his pre-Thor acting appearances in various movies and TV shows?

Example:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


This is a late edit but I wanted to post this rather awesome video and no one has posted in here yet. Rather than make a new reply I decided to add it here. But this is a pretty cool Loki video someone made using scenes from Thor and Avengers with the song 7 Devils.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


This person did an awesome job and anyone that makes videos of their own may want to use this as inspiration.

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 06-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #745
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

^^^^That video was chilling! The music really set it off.

OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #746
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Well, this is just a rumor but I read that Tom Hiddleston may have secretly married his longtime girlfriend Susannah Fielding recently and plans on announcing it at a time he feels convenient.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/tom-h...n/married.html

*edit* Oh this is pretty lol worthy but it seems this may be a bot recycled blurb as I did a bit of sleuthing and found the exact same article but with Benedict Cumberbatch as the focus.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/bened...h/married.html

I still have my suspicions about Tom and Susannah though.

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 06-13-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #747
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In an igloo with the dog sled nearby
Posts: 193
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Well, this is just a rumor but I read that Tom Hiddleston may have secretly married his longtime girlfriend Susannah Fielding recently and plans on announcing it at a time he feels convenient.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/tom-h...n/married.html

*edit* Oh this is pretty lol worthy but it seems this may be a bot recycled blurb as I did a bit of sleuthing and found the exact same article but with Benedict Cumberbatch as the focus.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/bened...h/married.html

I still have my suspicions about Tom and Susannah though.
Not that it's any of our business, but they aren't dating any longer. The story is old and it even says on that Mediamass website that the story is false:

UPDATE 13/06/2013 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

Also, this is on their website:
"The website mediamass.net is the medium of our satire to expose with humour, exaggeration and ridicule the contemporary mass production and mass consumption that we observe."

OstrichsRevenge is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #748
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Looking for friends that actually matter.
Posts: 7,548
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Then fangirls are free to dream away being married to Tom I guess.

__________________
- Sorry but I'm not one of those desperately clingy, attention craved, pandering yes men/women that blindly puffs up people's egos. I don't care how important you think you are to yourself.

To the Atheists - Stop acting like hypocritical Jerks.

To the Christians - Just ignore them because they don't know any better.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #749
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 526
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

The production of Coriolanus that Tom Hiddleston will be starring in will be shown in theatres on January 30, 2014.

Unfortunately, that's one night only and they do tend to charge more for these special events.

ericadawn16 is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #750
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool
 
voyzovrezon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 982
Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

I love this gif---and not just because I made it.



Here's the source I got it from. Nostalgia Critic talks about why women think Loki is so hot. He reviewed comments when he posed the question and sums it up. I think he nailed it. Plus, Loki is just too damned hot!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
fangirl
voyzovrezon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.