Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Here's Tom's entire Hall H performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDHYDejHhc

He's one funny guy!
Best. Monologue. Ever.

He nailed it. And everyone loved it. The guy knows how to work a crowd, but also, what a great guy for dressing up and doing it all, too. Total nerdgasm.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #877
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

*Dirty Thoughts Ahoy!!!*

I think I now know what Tom/Loki likes to hear...if you get my drift.

- It's not easy being an individual and different from what is perceived as normal standards.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #878
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Best. Monologue. Ever.

He nailed it. And everyone loved it. The guy knows how to work a crowd, but also, what a great guy for dressing up and doing it all, too. Total nerdgasm.
he did, but the screaming totally ruined it. It seemed intimidating and scary.

You ladies need to get out more lol (of this thread I mean) and head over to other threads. Loki is not the only thing in the MCU, and much bigger stuff happened if you guys didn't notice lol. Aside from the cap footage...Thanos was essentially confirmed in gotg, another character added, and descriptions of footage fom gotg after 13 days of filming!

then it all ended with the announcement of the avengers sequel...Avengers: Age of Ultron!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #879
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

You ladies need to get out more lol (of this thread I mean) and head over to other threads. Loki is not the only thing in the MCU, and much bigger stuff happened if you guys didn't notice lol. Aside from the cap footage...Thanos was essentially confirmed in gotg, another character added, and descriptions of footage fom gotg after 13 days of filming!

then it all ended with the announcement of the avengers sequel...Avengers: Age of Ultron!!!!!!
I don't think you understand the allure of the adrenaline rush of Tom's passion and dedication to the character...since the introduction of Loki and his woobified bad boy hotness no man in the real world can possibly measure up to and replicate such energy and awesomeness. I'm just saying...

- It's not easy being an individual and different from what is perceived as normal standards.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #880
Loki882
Side-Kick

The footage shows Jane slapping Loki for what he did in the Avengers, and Loki says that he likes her, that is hilarious.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #881
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

You know, I was thinking hypothetically speaking if I was Tom's girlfriend the Loki play acting would be fun on occasion but not all the time! It would start to resemble an episode of the Honeymooners but instead of Ralph Kramden it would be Loki instead. But now that I'm thinking about it that would be a funny skit.

p.s. I love the Honeymooners! Jackie Gleason was and still is the only Great One of comedy.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 07-21-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #882
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

I'm sure that the people commenting in this thread are aware of everything else going on, but they want to talk about Loki and Tom here where we're supposed to. He had a really fun performance so we want to chat about it. When we want to talk about those other films we'll go to their threads. Simple as that.

Besides, with all the doom and gloom in the News thread, this is a refuge.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I don't think Tom was supposed to be intimidating, but rather fun for the people there. I loved how he could silence the entire crowd just by holding up his finger. When he shouted, "Say my name!" some of the fangirls probably fainted dead away.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #883
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Tom was really made for the stage. I heard he'll be doing another Shakespeate play onstage. He looks so comfortable and commanding up there. Everyone in that room is in the Loki army now.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #884
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I don't think you understand the allure of the adrenaline rush of Tom's passion and dedication to the character...since the introduction of Loki and his woobified bad boy hotness no man in the real world can possibly measure up to and replicate such energy and awesomeness. I'm just saying...
"woobified bad boy hotness"--love it!

Although I have mixed feelings about Marvel showing Loki attacking Thor. I was hoping he wouldn't betray Thor (this time around, anyway), and now we know he will. Isn't that kind of a spoiler?

Now I know I may be lectured by Thor comic devotees and told that of course Loki will betray Thor; it's a given. . . . but I like to see the boys get along. And with Malekith and Kurse as the villains in the film, do we really need Loki as a villain as well? And is there a fourth villain I don't know about? Villain overload!

Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #885
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:

You ladies need to get out more lol (of this thread I mean) and head over to other threads. Loki is not the only thing in the MCU, and much bigger stuff happened if you guys didn't notice lol. Aside from the cap footage...Thanos was essentially confirmed in gotg, another character added, and descriptions of footage fom gotg after 13 days of filming!,

Jaqua, dude, get a grip. The ladies weren't the only one's making noise. I'm sorry if we can't let out a manly, lusty yell like the rest of the audience - but that's just biology. Get over it!

And we'll hang out wherever we want, thank you very much.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #886
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Defensive lol. All I am saying is that I think all the noise took away from the monologue, and it woulda been more intense if it were quiet, like the speech from avengers. and the recent news, just encouraging you guys to join in the other stuff, it was meant in a light hearted joking way, yeesh guys lol it was a big day, aside from the "wanting a quiet audience during that epic monologue", I was just messing around a bit and playfully stereotyping, wasn't a bad intention, sorry guys lol

Last edited by jaqua99; 07-21-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #887
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post

Although I have mixed feelings about Marvel showing Loki attacking Thor. I was hoping he wouldn't betray Thor (this time around, anyway), and now we know he will. Isn't that kind of a spoiler?

Now I know I may be lectured by Thor comic devotees and told that of course Loki will betray Thor; it's a given. . . . but I like to see the boys get along. And with Malekith and Kurse as the villains in the film, do we really need Loki as a villain as well? And is there a fourth villain I don't know about? Villain overload!
Surtur will probably have a huge influence, Loki will probably be doin his own thing. Hell, I hope he gets pulled out of his mind by the other again. All the movies, Cept ironman seem to have villain overload, so it is what it is I suppose lol

Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #888
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Defensive lol. All I am saying is that I think all the noise took away from the monologue, and it woulda been more intense if it were quiet, like the speech from avengers. and the recent news, just encouraging you guys to join in the other stuff, it was meant in a light hearted joking way, yeesh guys lol it was a big day, aside from the "wanting a quiet audience during that epic monologue", I was just messing around a bit and playfully stereotyping, wasn't a bad intention, sorry guys lol
No, I don't think I was being overly defensive at all - especially taking into account what you said in the News and Speculation thread, and I quote "...damn the fangirls are an annoying bunch, ruining what seems to be a pretty kickass monologue, lol"

Dude, this ain't the National Theatre, it's freakin' Loki in Hall H!

I'm not mad at you, just calling you out. (and as you can see I do visit other threads. )

Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #889
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post

Maybe the beyrayal is only half of the story. Maybe Loki will redeem himself in some way by the end of the movie when he sees the error of his ways?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #890
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
No, I don't think I was being overly defensive at all - especially taking into account what you said in the News and Speculation thread, and I quote "...damn the fangirls are an annoying bunch, ruining what seems to be a pretty kickass monologue, lol"

Dude, this ain't the National Theatre, it's freakin' Loki in Hall H!

I'm not mad at you, just calling you out. (and as you can see I do visit other threads. )
I had an opinion..it's a personal thing, and the cheering everytime he spoke was distracting...they were high pitched, so I assumed it was all girls...and the defensive part, I meant it as you guys taking my joke in a bad way...so yeah, I guess it didn't come off as intended. But now I am going to defend myself in what appears to be a big communication breakdown lol

Here's the deal with that, and my..annoyance..I have always been a Thor fan, first hero I knew to love. Hated villains, wanted nothing more than for them to get their ass kicked. However I started to appreciate Loki, especially during Simmonson's run. Started to love the character. He was the first character who really got me into villains, and for a little while, he was my favorite character period, for probably about a year and a half. Loved everything about the character, his hostility towards Thor, and the lengths he would go scheming, and Hela, the goddess of death herself who said she sometimes marvels at how evil Loki is. I associated so much with this character. For the record, generally, I think nothing bad of fangirls, I think it's neat, I am a bit of a fanboy myself. It's only the Loki ones (the overly obnoxious ones who really have no regard to the source material, which unfortunately HAS led me to stereotype, I will admit)...and it's because Loki was always this menacing sinister manipulative genius sorcerer who I thought was just awesome! So when the movie came out, I was so excited to see him. Seeing this character I grew up to love to hate, become adored by screaming girls who love him cause of the actor's portrayal of him, quote unquote "punches my childhood in the face", which you have to understand why it would be frustrating me to me.

When I show my discontent towards the bunch as a whole, it's really just cause deep down I am essentially defending my childhood beliefs and fads, and I am THE most sentimental person you would ever meet. Especially when it comes to my childhood. it was an observation and complaint I had at the specific situation, knowing of that, I said what I said here, and meant the "get out" part in a completely sarcastic joking manner, did not meant for it to be taken in a negative way at all, disadvantages of text I suppose, but you've got to see where I come from, I to have a past that has affected me, like MCU Loki :P.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #891
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Maybe the beyrayal is only half of the story. Maybe Loki will redeem himself in some way by the end of the movie when he sees the error of his ways?
Doubtful, given by the trailers, and the fact that this is a leadup into Surtur. If he redeems himself now,

1. What of him for a third movie? His character arc would be complete.

2. SURTUR

We all know that this movie is a lead in to what most likely is a Surtur story. Loki's redemption should be fighting along Thor (and Odin if he's alive lol) against Surtur to save Asgard or save whatever. Such a classic moment in Thor comics, (For Asgard, For Midgard, For Myself!) With a Surtur movie probably on the way, Loki's redemption HAS to be saved for this moment, wouldn't you think?

Unless they do Surtur now, but man, if they do it'd be a cluster**** lol

Also, apparently Fiege's comments almost confirm that Loki cuts off Thor's hand, the hell? In a disney movie? Not what I would expect, and is Thor going to essentially have like an armor hand from now on?

I think that would actually be kind of cool.

Shocked that they would do this though

Last edited by jaqua99; 07-21-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #892
xeno000
Raining hell from above

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is the best version of Tom's appearance in Hall H that I've found. It was professionally shot and we get clear view of his act. The part where Tom bellows at Feige, "Stand back, you mewling quim!" and Feige runs offstage is just brilliant.

To add to what others have said, this was not intended to be some sort of dramatic appearance where people sat quietly and listened. It was a bit of performance art staged for the enjoyment of the fans who were in attendance. They were expected to scream and cheer. That was the point. Hiddleston interacted with the crowd and everyone there had an amazing experience. The reaction from the fans was part of what made it so great.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #893
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
I seriously doubt it isas clear cut as the leaked footage would have you believe imo.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #894
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

well apparently Tom sort of doesn't deny it, or fiege

that interview really makes it apparent how much Tom loves theater, I could never lol

Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #895
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

"Say my name!"

LOKI !

"Seems I have an army!"

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #896
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

lol seeing Loki with a microphone is hilarious

Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #897
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

To add to what others have said, this was not intended to be some sort of dramatic appearance where people sat quietly and listened. It was a bit of performance art staged for the enjoyment of the fans who were in attendance. They were expected to scream and cheer. That was the point. Hiddleston interacted with the crowd and everyone there had an amazing experience. The reaction from the fans was part of what made it so great.
I'd been screaming right along with them. Hell, I had a great time just watching the video and feeling the excitement from the crowd. A little fantasy is good for the soul once in awhile. Besides, he's HOT!

Old 07-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #898
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I seriously doubt it isas clear cut as the leaked footage would have you believe imo.
Hiddleston himself had some interesting things to say about the prospects of Loki finding redemption. In his view, Loki embodies mischief, rebellion and his own brand of wickedness; he would betray himself by seeking redemption in any form.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #899
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is the best version of Tom's appearance in Hall H that I've found. It was professionally shot and we get clear view of his act. The part where Tom bellows at Feige, "Stand back, you mewling quim!" and Feige runs offstage is just brilliant.

Great find on that vid, just a bit bummed that (especially since it's the best quality version/professionally done so far) it's not the whole thing. It's been cut and trimmed (including portions of his monologue from what I can tell) since the whole thing in other vids is just over 4 min and that one is just over 2 (I know, I know, beggars can't be choosers)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #900
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
I had an opinion..it's a personal thing, and the cheering everytime he spoke was distracting...they were high pitched, so I assumed it was all girls...and the defensive part, I meant it as you guys taking my joke in a bad way...so yeah, I guess it didn't come off as intended. But now I am going to defend myself in what appears to be a big communication breakdown lol

Here's the deal with that, and my..annoyance..I have always been a Thor fan, first hero I knew to love. Hated villains, wanted nothing more than for them to get their ass kicked. However I started to appreciate Loki, especially during Simmonson's run. Started to love the character. He was the first character who really got me into villains, and for a little while, he was my favorite character period, for probably about a year and a half. Loved everything about the character, his hostility towards Thor, and the lengths he would go scheming, and Hela, the goddess of death herself who said she sometimes marvels at how evil Loki is. I associated so much with this character. For the record, generally, I think nothing bad of fangirls, I think it's neat, I am a bit of a fanboy myself. It's only the Loki ones (the overly obnoxious ones who really have no regard to the source material, which unfortunately HAS led me to stereotype, I will admit)...and it's because Loki was always this menacing sinister manipulative genius sorcerer who I thought was just awesome! So when the movie came out, I was so excited to see him. Seeing this character I grew up to love to hate, become adored by screaming girls who love him cause of the actor's portrayal of him, quote unquote "punches my childhood in the face", which you have to understand why it would be frustrating me to me.

When I show my discontent towards the bunch as a whole, it's really just cause deep down I am essentially defending my childhood beliefs and fads, and I am THE most sentimental person you would ever meet. Especially when it comes to my childhood. it was an observation and complaint I had at the specific situation, knowing of that, I said what I said here, and meant the "get out" part in a completely sarcastic joking manner, did not meant for it to be taken in a negative way at all, disadvantages of text I suppose, but you've got to see where I come from, I to have a past that has affected me, like MCU Loki :P.
I agree that it's sometimes hard to communicate with any subtlety online.

Again, I'm not mad at you, but I hope you realize that, your own very heartfelt and personal route aside, there's room for more than one way to come to a fandom. Look, I've been a Marvel comics fan and an allover nerd since wayyyy before a lot of people here were even born. Back then, none of my girlfriends at school were willing or able to discuss the latest episode of Star Trek, and later on, certainly none of them were interested in my growing circa 1970's collection of comics. It excites me beyond belief that there are more women who 'get' stuff like this. Even if it's only on a limited or superficial level, it's still a start.

I hope you can find a way to understand THAT very personal background as well. It's a huge fandom with room for everybody.

Closed Thread