Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 02:26 AM   #326
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
That could still happen. Just because Famke, James and Halle have not/may not be cast in this film doesn't mean that other as-yet unnamed actors won't be cast as younger versions of Jean, Scott and Storm. Perhaps by time this film's story takes place the adult version of Storm has been killed in the Sentinel war, and we already know what status X3 has placed the other two. Time travel could undo all of these things.

I'm holding out hope for this.
The cast is already big and if they include those 3, this film would introduce a lot of new things = time travel, Sentinels, the new version of Trask, First Class/OT interacting with each other, younger version of Cyke, Ororo and Jean. It is too much to handle for a 2 to 3 hour long movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Has that actually been confirmed?
Well when DOFP wasn't confirmed to be the story for the 7th X-Men movie, Lauren Shuler Donner was asked about the state of X4, then she later mentioned DOFP in her interview. Why would she say that if it wasn't related to X4. And she said they presented a concept for X4 to FOX and FOX loved it and that X4 leads to x5.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #327
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
The Avengers is basically a whole new series which have been created by pooling together the characters from several separate series. DoFP is putting together the casts from the same X-Men series and it is essentially just another X-Men movie.
I agree. Its a different situation then Avengers.

Last edited by def28; 02-16-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #328
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

I plan on watching first class, x1 and x2 today...who wants to join me??

Old 02-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #329
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I watched all the X-Men films this week starting with first Class and ending with last Stand.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #330
Great Mind(s)
Broken

First Class actually transitions into X-Men 1 really nicely...aside from the few lines like "He helped me build it" which could actually happen in DOFP...

It's like...last time we saw Xavier he was just getting this school started, had these yellow jumpsuits, a little workshop downstairs and mutants were just revealed to the world. Skip like 50 years later... the school is up and running, the suits have turned from yellow to black leather, the basement has become a fully functioning base of operations and mutants are being persecuted.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #331
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Cool. so who wants to join me?

Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #332
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I do it every other day hah. It would be fun. When do you start?

Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #333
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

I was gonna start at 1:00 my time today. Do you have Yahoo messenger??

Old 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #334
Great Mind(s)
Broken

no we can meet back here after each movie though...
I just realized what makes First Class and X2 so epic, not just that they're amazing movies but...the plot is saving the world. The other movies not so much, The Last Stand is a personal mutant fight...but it doesn't compare to the threat in X2...mass genocide of an entire species in an afternoon.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #335
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

do you have a laptop? cause i do I'll be watching the movies in my room.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #336
NanaT
X-Men United!

The cast of this movie although great is really probably the most non diverse line-up of the X-Men in these movies. The cast is predominantly white male with three female characters also white. Anyone starting to worry, if Halle Berry's Storm isn't in this who else do you think they'll add as a way to get diversity points.
The character doesn't necessarily have to be black.

I know Bishop is a fan favourite for this movie but I could see Forge being in this (I think he's native american) anyone else?

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #337
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
The cast of this movie although great is really probably the most non diverse line-up of the X-Men in these movies. The cast is predominantly white male with three female characters also white. Anyone starting to worry, if Halle Berry's Storm isn't in this who else do you think they'll add as a way to get diversity points.

I know Bishop is a fan favourite for this movie but I could see Forge being in this (I think he's native american) anyone else?
I am beginning to think they don't see it as essential to get someone black, Asian, or whatever, into a main role. Choices are probably being made for other reasons apart from skin colour. They'll probably put ethnic minorities into smaller roles.

It's not looking very hopeful for Storm at this point. Maybe Halle is too wrapped up with sorting out her personal life to be involved.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #338
Angamb
Banned User

Singer said its not a deal issue.

So it seems its up to Singer and creative team.

I think Storm will appear some way or another, but want to keep it as a future suprise. Maybe as latest announcement, or for the teaser trailer. who knows?

Singer said they want to keep a few surprises, so...

its a good decision, I feel

Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #339
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post

I honestly see Singer definitely taking on a male black character for the diversity part. I wouldn't mind seeing Bishop in the film, he would be a welcomed addition and if anything I can see Singer recasting the role wtih a teenage Storm. Wouldn't be shocked if he did that.

Halle Berry's exclusion from the film is a bit of personal/professional issues. Personal because of the issues she's enbroiled in with her private life, plus Singer's negative interactions with her during X2 and TLS showcasing more Storm that only impacted negatively because of audience reactions to the film. Plus she was never part of the Singer Clique (Famke, Paquin, Becca, Hu and Marsden) that probably had a small part too.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #340
Angamb
Banned User

my big question is if Matthew and Kimberg included Storm on their script.

Maybe it was them who didnt include the character, and that could be the main reason Singer 'has doubts' about her inclusion.

Everyone seems to think that is Bryan who doesnt want Storm on the sequel, but WHAT IF it was a Matthew/Kimberg decision back on Jan/April of 2012?

Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #341
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Singer is not stupid. He has already invested 2 of his own films with this character AND the entire trilogy focused on her. He's already reunited everyone else (except Scott and Jean who are MIA). How could he explain a missing Headmistress but yet have Rogue (who sold out in X3) in there? I just think he's so much more smarter than this.

I think Bryan knows that the Halle Berry/Storm situation is the most polarized subject of this entire franchise. Many love the actress. Many despise her. And NO actress generates more discussion consistently. And let's be frank: Halle's non-action scenes in TLS were tepid at best. I think Singer may be holding off on announcing Halle Berry because of these possibilities:

1.) He doesn't want bad buzz this early in the film's production--and let's face it, announcing Halle Berry would create...hate to say it...a s***-storm of controversy that would take attention away from positive casting decisions like Peter Dinklage. Pun absolutely intended.

2.) He wants to "soften the blow" by pairing the announcement with that of Famke and/or James and/or Rebecca altogether.

3.) He has no plans to cast Halle herself for reason #1 but intends on casting a "First Class" equivalent with another younger actress.

This whole, "I want to make sure she fits" thing is bullspit because the source material AND the existing franchise demands her involvement. Again, he *found a way* to include Anna Paquin who is completely unnecessary. This shouldn't even be a discussion...

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #342
def28
Side-Kick

Storm has gotta be in this film, I would be very surprised if she didnt make it in.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #343
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Singer is not stupid. He has already invested 2 of his own films with this character AND the entire trilogy focused on her. He's already reunited everyone else (except Scott and Jean who are MIA). How could he explain a missing Headmistress but yet have Rogue (who sold out in X3) in there? I just think he's so much more smarter than this.

I think Bryan knows that the Halle Berry/Storm situation is the most polarized subject of this entire franchise. Many love the actress. Many despise her. And NO actress generates more discussion consistently. And let's be frank: Halle's non-action scenes in TLS were tepid at best. I think Singer may be holding off on announcing Halle Berry because of these possibilities:

1.) He doesn't want bad buzz this early in the film's production--and let's face it, announcing Halle Berry would create...hate to say it...a s***-storm of controversy that would take attention away from positive casting decisions like Peter Dinklage. Pun absolutely intended.

2.) He wants to "soften the blow" by pairing the announcement with that of Famke and/or James and/or Rebecca altogether.

3.) He has no plans to cast Halle herself for reason #1 but intends on casting a "First Class" equivalent with another younger actress.

I've been thinking about option #3. We still don't know who the X-Men in the 70's are, and I'm wondering if they're going to fudge around with the timeline and just say **** it, and introduce Scott/Jean/Storm as teens.

Either way, whatever he does you're 100% right about #1. Halle is controversial, to say the least. I've always had the feeling she'd be one of the last names, and I still feel that.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #344
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:

1.) He doesn't want bad buzz this early in the film's production--and let's face it, announcing Halle Berry would create...hate to say it...a s***-storm of controversy that would take attention away from positive casting decisions like Peter Dinklage.

A well thought out post that I agree with let's hope that it is option 2. I want an adult Storm going full fury not a new student still struggling to control her powers, less fun!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #345
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

bryan singer on correcting 'xmen'

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/16/...recting-x-men/

“So it’ll be very much, it’s not so much a sequel, it’s more of its own kind of thing,” says Singer. Whether or not it means an overall reset, he answers: “Some things… I’ll be able, you know, to correct a few things.”

Old 02-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #346
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

He's probably referring to fixing up the plot mess ups TLS and Origins left behind.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #347
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
Plus she was never part of the Singer Clique (Famke, Paquin, Becca, Hu and Marsden) that probably had a small part too.
This is true. However a LOT of time has passed. This is a big moment for Bryan--he's returning to the baby he basically created. If we're totally honest, it's Bryan's X1 that launched the entire comic book movie fascination that we've enjoyed for 13 years now. X1 kicked off the whole f***ing Marvel cinematic universe. Storm was one of his original castings. To exclude her upon his return is just so asinine.

Halle Berry got serious critical raves for her role alongside Tom Hanks in Cloud Atlas. And she has other films coming soon as well--and they're not indies. So her personal baby-daddy/main daddy/baby drama aren't exactly keeping her unemployed.

This is a situation with Bryan and his team--period dot.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #348
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I've been thinking about option #3. We still don't know who the X-Men in the 70's are, and I'm wondering if they're going to fudge around with the timeline and just say **** it, and introduce Scott/Jean/Storm as teens.
I'd be so content with that--my devotion is to the character, not necessarily the actress.

Hey, I love Halle Scary. I really do. But she's unpredictable. There are times when she blows you away with her acting chops (i.e. in last year's Cloud Atlas) and then there are times when she really struggles. Hell, even in TLS she struggled: she was brilliant with her emotional breakdown with Hugh Jackman (when they first discovered Xavier had been murdered). But then the very next scene (the eulogy) she was terrible.

This film has an otherwise solid cast--one of the best this genre has ever seen. Bryan has shown he can get the best out of Halle in terms of directing. And he's gay, so he's not going to go easy on her just because she's beautiful (ahem, Brett Ratner--who was clearly obsessed with giving her gratuitous glam shots in X3) and let her turn in weak performances. He'll push her until she delivers. The question is, does he feel like being bothered with all that s***?

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #349
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

Either way, whatever he does you're 100% right about #1. Halle is controversial, to say the least. I've always had the feeling she'd be one of the last names, and I still feel that.
Well If they reconn the X-Men trilogy as taking place say around a fictional 1994 or 1995 you could get away with Introducing 16 year old versions In 1973.But there Is a couple of problems.

1:The opening scene of last Stand has Xavier finding 12 year old jean.Even If they use the bluray explanation of Xavier using telepathic projection to visit Jean's parents and then Jean she would be too young for DOFP 1973 events.
2:Teenage Cyclops was captive of Stryker around 1979 In Origins.

If Last Stand and Origins were being Ignored than they would have no problems.But they aren't Inless we are being mislead.

People also need to understand they may think Rogue Is pointless In the films but Bryan doesn't agree.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #350
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
People also need to understand they may think Rogue Is pointless In the films but Bryan doesn't agree.
Rogue was the heart and soul of Bryan's films in my opinion...the emotional center. And Anna Paquin is an amazing actress. But to have her character trump Storm's in DoFP (if that's indeed what's going to happen) just because Bryan wants to work with one over the other is stupid.

Obviously we don't have all the facts at this point. But in terms of her appearance in DoFP, as of now it seems pointless to me. Rogue was powerless--and by choice--by the end of X3. That was our last time seeing her. And how would the source material grant her rights to an appearance in the film?

I'm sure Bryan & Co. have written a clever way to include her that will make absolute sense. All some of us are saying is keep it clever and get Storm in there too.

Closed Thread