The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #451
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

It would be cool to see the graves of the FF members in DOFP. And maybe even sentinels having taken over the Baxter building.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #452
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I don't think they're going to go that far if they reference the FF in DoFP.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #453
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

They could just have Franklin in the future, then kill him off sharpish so we don't know what his powers are...(he was awfully easy to kill considering what we know about his powers now).

Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #454
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah they should...to tease at FF and the shared universe. He was on Stryker's computer in X2...

Old 02-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #455
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I don't know if they would already show the Fantastic Four dead and Franklin existing and then killed, just as they are about to relaunch the FF. It could be a bit much to kill off versions of the characters you are just about to reintroduce. Not sure it would work. It could also be used to raise awareness of FF and show they are in the same universe, of course.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #456
Angamb
Banned User

its mainly a nod to fans of the comics, both the f4 and x-men fans, nothing more nothing less.

I think it would be a really great nod, specially knowing Franklin and f4 names were on the storyarc.

Nods like those are cool to fans, I highly doubt fans would be pissed once they see stuff like that on the movies.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #457
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

The Baxter building though is a good enough way to keep true to the comic, while showing they're in a shared universe.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #458
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If they really intend to connect X-Men and Fantastic Four in the movies, I feel like they should release 3 successful FF movies first. They should let FF be huge on its own.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #459
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think introducing FF on XMFC2 is a good idea.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #460
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

But that would mean Fantastic Four will be set in the 70s, 80s or 90s, right? FF should be set in the present.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #461
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I think it would be neat to have FF set in the 60s. With that type era of sci-fi and space exploration surrounding it. But if these two teams are to be in the same universe then I have no idea how its going to work.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #462
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

News! http://collider.com/bryan-singer-jac...men-interview/
Quote:

I wanted to ask you a little bit about the X-Men sequel. Do you have your shooting dates yet?
SINGER: Yeah, I start shooting April 15th in Montreal.

And how long are you going to be up there for?
SINGER: Probably until October.

Thatís a healthy shoot.
SINGER: Itís a big movie. Itíll be the biggest movie Iíve ever made.

Iíve been so impressed that youíve been able to put together this incredible cast for the sequel. How difficult was it for you to get all these people involved?
SINGER: I got the impression that everyone was kind of excited to come back. The actors from X-Men: First Class are contracted to, but the ones Iíve spoken to are very enthusiastic. Jenís very excited, Iím with Nick these past few days and heís excited, and Hugh, Ian, Patrick, Annaóthey remember we felt very good about those first two X-Men films back then. I think thereís a good feeling about all of us working together again, and Iím very excited to work with the new cast members as a director as opposed to just a producer.

Are you shooting the film in 3D and might you be using high frame rate? SINGER: I donít think the high frame rate would make sense for this movie, but I will be shooting native 3D, yeah.

Are you going to use the same camera package, are you using Red Epic?
SINGER: Iím not sure yet, I havenít made that decision yet. Iím looking at a few systems, so weíll see.

Iím such a huge fan of the John Byrne/Chris Claremont comics, I think that itís probably, if not the best, one of the best of the X-Men storylines. How challenging has it been for you guys to adapt what fans love into a successful movie?
SINGER: Well you have to capture the essence of those stories, and if you try to do every single detail thatís in this story, that can be too much for a movie. But if you can grab the essence of that story and those characters, and then realize itís a movie itís not a comic book so there are certain parameters that are different, itíll still be satisfying to fans and non-fans.

One of the things that excites me about you taking on X-Men again is the advancement in technology. What technological advancements in the past few years might you be able to apply to future films like X-Men or another thing in the future? SINGER: Well I love the motion capture technology, thatís exciting for certain things. But just qualitatively, you can do more qualitatively. I was re-watching the X-Men films and I realized how poor the quality of Mystiqueís transformation was, for instance, in those early films. Itís almost like the blue animation was just resting on top of her skin and there was no incorporation with the actual flesh. It looked a lot worse than I remembered. So just stuff like that, just better quality visual effects.

Iíve seen on Twitter that youíve been working on the script. Are you pretty close to having a locked screenplay?
SINGER: Thereís no such thing as a locked screenplay [laughs]. Maybe with Aaron Sorkin, but itís really an ever-evolving process. The actors havenít had a draft yet so Iím trying to get a draft to them soon, and I just want to do one more pass with Simon [Kinberg] before I give them a draft and then keep working from there. Thatís how you get double golden rod, triple salmon colored pages. Youíre always just coming up with stuff.

When we left at the end of First Class it was in the late 60s, and rumors have been online that the sequel takes place in the 70s. Are those rumors true and have you guys figured out when it takes place?
SINGER: Yeah, we have, and part of it takes place in the 1970s. And Richard Nixonís in it, thatíll be an interesting casting choice. I can tell you that, thatís a little confirmation I guess.

How far into the ďfutureĒ are you planning on going? Is that something that youíre really looking forward to exploring?
SINGER: Yeah, and thereíll also be some more science-fiction-type aspects to the story and, without giving it away, some technology that we havenít seen yet in the X-Men universe.

What was it like for you getting the phone call from Fox saying, ďHey, would you consider directing this thing?Ē
SINGER: Well, it was very weird. I was on a boat off the coast of Hawaii on a working vacation, I was with John Orloff, the screenwriter of the Battlestar Galactica movie which Iíve had to step away from at the moment, obviously for this, and I was working with him and Jason Taylor who runs my company. We were on a boat and we were doing some work but also relaxing a bit and I had had a drink, so I was a little relaxed, and I didnít even realize I had phone service so I took the phone out of my pocket and it was a call from Emma Watts at the studio. She just said, ďMatthewís not doing the movie, would you like to direct it?Ē I wasnít sure that was actually the case, I thought maybe it was a momentary issue they were having.

I didnít know what to think, and then Simon called me up to prepare me to get the draft, because I needed to get the most recent draft at that point to make that decision. And then Matthew called me the next day and thatís when I realized, and I said, ďAre you sure?Ē and he was like, ďYeah Iím sure,Ē and he explained his reasons and I thought, ďOkay, well I need to get into this.Ē So it was a little like, ďOh, okay well now I know what the next year will be.Ē Jason Taylor, the head of my company, looked across the table at me on the boat and he just saw my facial expression, because suddenly when you know that your whole next two years are going to change, it does cause a reaction.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #463
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

James McAvoy doesn't think the two Professors will ever meet:

Quote:
"Talking to Empire Magazine, James McAvoy was asked for his thoughts on the seemingly never ending speculation that X-Men: Days of Future Past will see the younger Charles Xavier come face to face with his older self (played by Sir Patrick Stewart). "It'll be cool, but I don't think we get any scenes together, sadly. I don't think there's any future self talking to past self." Many of you may be wondering why the British actor has been keeping such a low profile after the success of X-Men: First Class. Well, he hasn't. Instead, he's grateful to the superhero franchise for allowing him to take on roles in the likes of Trance and Welcome to the Punch. "Having an X-Men in your back pocket, which hopefully will go for three movies, it makes you go, 'Right, it doesn't matter if I make 14 films that nobody sees...because in two years' time I'll make another X-Men'. Meanwhile, Fox are thinking, 'Why isn't this [frick]er out there building his profile so he can make us more money on the second X-Men?' But that's their fault for hiring me!"
Lol James...

CBM

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #464
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I don't think they will meet eather but they may exchange minds like Kitty did In original comic.Meanwhile while James may not start work till May he still has a long shoot ahead
of him as 1973 Xavier.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #465
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Young Xavier and Old Xavier may not meet face to face, but perhaps they will meet...mind to mind.

Last edited by Duran Man; 02-25-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #466
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Personally I don't think James McAvoy looks even remotely close to Patrick Stewart--in terms of physicality. They do not favor at all in my opinion. I've never thought they did. I can see Michael Fassbender as a young Ian McKellan for some reason...but yeah, I will have to suspend my disbelief extra high if they do end up "speaking to eachother" be it literal or telepathic.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #467
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I don't think they will meet eather but they may exchange minds like Kitty did In original comic.Meanwhile while James may not start work till May he still has a long shoot ahead
of him as 1973 Xavier.
I also don't think old Magneto will meet young Magneto. I think Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellen will be saved for special scenes/moments. I don't see them running along with the X-Men trying to save the world/future.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #468
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Personally I don't think James McAvoy looks even remotely close to Patrick Stewart--in terms of physicality. They do not favor at all in my opinion. I've never thought they did. I can see Michael Fassbender as a young Ian McKellan for some reason...but yeah, I will have to suspend my disbelief extra high if they do end up "speaking to eachother" be it literal or telepathic.
James looks more like a young McKellan than Fassbender, but I agree he looks nothing like Patrick. In a way, I'm glad that James and Patrick don't have scenes together, because I would hate the use of makeup or effects to make they resemble each other.

On the other side, it would have been nice seeing two wonderful actors acting together. But maybe they'll have their "Macbeth-outs" for that.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 02-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #469
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I also don't think old Magneto will meet young Magneto. I think Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellen will be saved for special scenes/moments. I don't see them running along with the X-Men trying to save the world/future.
Yeah I really hope not. Which is why when Shawn Ashmore said "Yeah Patrick and Ian and Hugh get to be with the new cast" was all very to me. But maybe Patrick and James can share a telepathy scene together. Like...they see each other in a mind-dream-world.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #470
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

If they do meet, please for the love of John no silly prosthetics ala Looper.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #471
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
James looks more like a young McKellan than Fassbender, but I agree he looks nothing like Patrick. In a way, I'm glad that James and Patrick don't have scenes together, because I would hate the use of makeup or effects to make they resemble each other.
They both have similar round face shapes. Other than that, I agree they don't really look much alike.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #472
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
James McAvoy doesn't think the two Professors will ever meet:

Lol James...

CBM
I'm glad he is hoping for at least one more movie in the past after DOFP, cause so do I!

And yeah funny comments, also probably true!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #473
narrows101
Side-Kick

Nicholas Hoult is being interviewed for "Jack the Giant Slayer" and DOFP came up:

Quote:
Since I know you can’t talk too much more about Mad Max, I’m going to say I rewatched X-Men: First Class recently and it’s a damn, damn good movie. Looking back on it now are you a little bit surprised by how really great that film is?

HOULT: You know what, I think Matthew Vaughn is a great movie maker, he knows how to entertain people and when you put him into the X-Men world and it was a great storyline and cast, I think it had the potential whilst we were making it. But, yeah, it’s always a nice surprise when things do work out when you see the end result because when you’re there on set sometimes you can think that you’re doing the best work in the world ever and it’s going to be wonderful and then see the end result and it doesn’t work for some reason. You can’t quite always put your finger on what it is that works or doesn’t work and vice versa as well. You could go on set and think that a scene in a movie doesn’t work and then see it on the screen and be like, “Wow, I don’t know what happened here, but the score and the editing and whatever it is it’s suddenly something that’s really working.” That’s down to the director a lot of times and their vision I guess.

Obviously you guys are filming the sequel in the next few months and you have Bryan Singer helming it, have you been peppering him with questions about what’s coming up for Beast and what’s coming up for the shoot?

HOULT: Yes, I’ve been trying to get a fair bit of information out of him, he’s kind of making me hang on until the script a little bit, but he’s given a few rough ideas of what’s going to be going on. The brilliant thing about it is seeing him so excited about it because that’s always a good sign when you get a director that excited about the story and the ideas and what’s going to be happening then you know that it sign to be a real thrill to work on.

It’s based on probably the best X-Men storyline out of the comic books. Have you read the Chris Claremont/ John Byrne issues recently in the last year or two since you heard that this was going to be the one you guys were focusing on?

HOULT: I haven’t, I’ve got them on order and I’m waiting until we get close to the filming to get into those. I’m probably going to wait and read the script first. I think that’s always a good place to start from.

Do you know when you’re shooting yet? Do you have your schedule?

HOULT: I don’t have the complete dates yet, I know it’s going to be starting fairly soon here. Bryan’s already scouting locations and really getting into pre-production so still waiting to hear exactly, but in the not too distant future.

Bryan said that you guys are filming in Montreal, are you looking forward to spending some time there? Have you shot anything there?

HOULT: I did, we shot Warm Bodies there so I’m really looking forward to going back, and I really enjoyed my time in that city. It’s got a great European, North American mix and I really liked it, the architecture and everything, so I’m looking forward to going back there when it’s hopefully not going to be so cold.

The thing that really impresses me about this X-Men sequel is that it seems like Bryan has cast everybody in Hollywood to be in this movie, people who have been in all the X-Men movies. It seems like this cast is going to be amazing. When you started hearing about the cast that he’s put together are you sort of like “I cannot wait to film this?”

HOULT: Yeah and you know the thing that really excites me about it was I grew up watching Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and those guys in the X-Men films and that’s going to be really exciting to be on set with them in an X-Men movie is going a dream come true definitely.
http://collider.com/nicholas-hoult-j...w/#more-235102

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. Youíre not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #474
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
‘The Hobbit 3′ Release Date Delayed To December 17, 2014
By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Thursday February 28, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has pushed the release date for The Hobbit: There And Back Again to December 17, 2014 from its original date of July 18, 2014. This is the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the JRR Tolkien novel. Hobbit 3 now avoids going up against X-Men: Days Of Future Past and so far is solo in the December 17th spot. The first film in the trilogy, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has pulled in $300.9M domestically and $979.9M worldwide since it was released on December 14, 2012. The second installment in the franchise, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, will be released on December 13th.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/the-...ember-17-2014/

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. Youíre not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #475
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Oh thank God!!!!!!!!

Now I can breathe!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Closed Thread