Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #526
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I honestly had a feeling something like this was bound to happen.
Me too.

And Jennifer could be lying about reading the script, couldn't she? She could have read it, didn't like what she read, but she's not going to discuss it with journalists. So the best way to escape questioning is "sorry, didn't have time to read it" and people will believe her, with the amount of things going on in her life lately.

I think that at least James read it, with his "I don't have any scenes with Patrick" hint.

Of course I think that tabloids are hardly trusted sources, but less screetime to the FC cast in favor of the old cast isn't a situation completely impossible to happen.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #527
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Well... I tried.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #528
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

All I want is a damn good X-Men movie. Who gets more or less screen time is irrelevant to me personally as long as we just get a great movie.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #529
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Frankly, who cares? That's up to Singer, the producers, studio and actors' reps to sort out. I can't give any detailed or insightful analysis of the individual percentages of screentime in a script I haven't read and a film I haven't seen.

But I will say that, if there is an atom of truth in this, I would have thought Jennifer would be glad of less time having to wear blue make-up or some sort of bodysuit.

And at least it isn't all being blamed on Halle Berry for stealing screentime. But no doubt that time will come.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #530
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
And yet The Daily Mail scored big scoops on Skyfall.

Tabloids are scum. But if you guys are so naiive to believe there aren't egos in play here and everyone is all lovey and dovey making movies, indeed. Stay in your bubble.
What bubble? I've work in magazine publishing. Star is a festering pile, and yes they blow things out of proportion and make **** up to sell magazines and get website hits.

And yes, like I've said before, I'm have no doubt there's something going on, but I'm not I'd be an idiot if I took the likes of Star for absolute truth.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #531
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
All I want is a damn good X-Men movie. Who gets more or less screen time is irrelevant to me personally as long as we just get a great movie.
As do I.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #532
Mr.M
Side-Kick

It's tough to be able to manage all the stars in a project like this. Lots of talent involved here. Marvel didn't want to resign Edward Norton for Avengers after a ho-hum solo movie with paltry box office returns. They made the decision that he was expendable. If Lawrence is demanding more money, and Halle is demanding more money, and Fox has to pick between one of them, so be it. They probably go with Lawrence. I don't see how you can lose her at this point. She could want top billing for that matter, or at least right behind McAvoy and Fassebender. If they want to move some money around and make some actors expendable, it is what it is. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and they have the budget to bring the two of them back. I don't see how you can afford all these stars, CGI for mutants, sentinels, and locations for a franchise like this. The budget could easily land above 250 million if not 300 if they are not careful.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #533
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
The stars of the new X-Men sequel, Days of Future Past, may be ready to suit up for filming, but Star has learned that the A-list cast is anything but united. Jennifer Lawrence is furious with director Bryan Singer for slashing her screen time in favor of Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin – and she's not alone in her ire.

"Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy are also victims of Bryan's editing pen, and they’re just an annoyed as Jen is," tattles the on-set source. "All three stars are earing $3 million for their roles. So they’ve decided to team up and make a plea to Bryan"

But Jen’s managers are worried about her breaking rank this early in her career.

"Bryan Singer is not the sort of person you want to piss off," warns the insider. "She should just shut up and get on with things."
Where's the link to this BS?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #534
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
It's tough to be able to manage all the stars in a project like this. Lots of talent involved here. Marvel didn't want to resign Edward Norton for Avengers after a ho-hum solo movie with paltry box office returns. They made the decision that he was expendable. If Lawrence is demanding more money, and Halle is demanding more money, and Fox has to pick between one of them, so be it. They probably go with Lawrence. I don't see how you can lose her at this point. She could want top billing for that matter, or at least right behind McAvoy and Fassebender. If they want to move some money around and make some actors expendable, it is what it is. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and they have the budget to bring the two of them back.

I don't see how you can afford all these stars, CGI for mutants, sentinels, and locations for a franchise like this. The budget could easily land above 250 million if not 300 if they are not careful.
Fascinating.

Except money hasn't been mentioned at all.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #535
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
It's tough to be able to manage all the stars in a project like this. Lots of talent involved here. Marvel didn't want to resign Edward Norton for Avengers after a ho-hum solo movie with paltry box office returns. They made the decision that he was expendable. If Lawrence is demanding more money, and Halle is demanding more money, and Fox has to pick between one of them, so be it. They probably go with Lawrence. I don't see how you can lose her at this point. She could want top billing for that matter, or at least right behind McAvoy and Fassebender. If they want to move some money around and make some actors expendable, it is what it is. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and they have the budget to bring the two of them back.
Would Halle really be asking for an enormous sum of money? He career is in a decline.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #536
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Fascinating.

Except money hasn't been mentioned at all.
Money vs ego, it tends to come down to ego. As it did with previous negotiations with Marvel and their past situations. You have to look at the story. Does Mystique's ability come into play against Giant Robots? Then again we are talking about 1973 Mystique, so if her character is required to infiltrate upper levels of government to stop whatever event, and she is not getting enough face time in spite of that, then it's a potential problem for Lawrence and her reps. If they want to cut costs, cutting some of the future sequences would be the way to go about it, because that's where much of the money will go. If Halle wants a significant role, those two things potentially conflict.

Also, if there are no female time travelers, then Lawrence should get top billing as the female lead if she isn't already, so you have that working in her favor if screen time is the issue.

I'm not worried and have no reason to believe this won't get worked about. But some characters will get the shaft. Only so much you can do with this many mutants in a 2.5 hour window. No doubt about it.

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-01-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #537
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Tabloid accuracy ratings, according to Gawker in 2010. Star placed last:

http://gawker.com/5638480/which-tabloids-lie-the-most

Quote:
Star

9% Cover Accuracy, 12% Overall Accuracy

With less than 10 percent of the stories appearing on its covers turning out to be true, Star tied for last place on our list. Although it had some successes—such as correctly reporting Eminem's reconciliation with Kim Mathers and Tea Leoni's reconciliation with David Duchovny—myriad Star stories turned out to be false, including at least 25 celebrity pregnancy takes and several stories about Tom Cruise and Kate Holmes breaking up.
Take that as you will.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #538
CB Fan
The Watcher

How the hell does Halle name always end up in these sorts of conversations? It really is weird right after her Oscar win she gets attached to all these stories of how she demands more screen time and money and now right after Jennifer's win she too is beginning to get attached to those kinds of stories. All the while I'm willing to bet its Hugh who is probably the most diva of them all in terms of money and screen time.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #539
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Money vs ego, it tends to come down to ego. As it did with previous negotiations with Marvel and their past situations. You have to look at the story. Does Mystiques ability come into play against Giant Robots? Then again we are talking about 1973 Mystique, so if her character is required to infiltrate upper levels of government to stop whatever event, and she is not getting enough face time in spite of that, then it's a potential problem for Lawrence and her reps. If they want to cut costs, cutting some of the future sequences would be the way to go about it, because that's where much of the money will go. If Halle wants a significant role, those two things potentially conflict.

Also, if there are no female time travelers, then Lawrence should get top billing as the female lead if she isn't already, so you have that working in her favor if screen time is the issue.

I'm not worried and have no reason to believe this won't get worked about. But some characters will get the shaft. Only so much you can do with this many mutants in a 2.5 hour window. No doubt about it.
This is nonsense. Future Mystique (Rebecca Romijn) is a name that hasn't even been mentioned in the casting - no surprise since the character's story ended in X3.

All they need Halle for is a few minutes of future screentime fighting off Sentinels. If she wants more time, or more money, then she won't win either fight, I don't think.

Past Mystique will no doubt have her vital part to play in infiltrating the government, or posing as an X-Men member (she took on Gambit's form in the animated series) and we can't expect much more than that.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #540
def28
Side-Kick

Wasnt it said most the film takes place in 73? Thats gonna give quite alot of time to the FC crew.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #541
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
How the hell does Halle name always end up in these sorts of conversations? It really is weird right after her Oscar win she gets attached to all these stories of how she demands more screen time and money and now right after Jennifer's win she too is beginning to get attached to those kinds of stories. All the while I'm willing to bet its Hugh who is probably the most diva of them all in terms of money and screen time.
Hugh gets the most screen time because Fox has a stiffy for Wolverine. Not because he's a diva.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #542
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
This is nonsense. Future Mystique (Rebecca Romijn) is a name that hasn't even been mentioned in the casting - no surprise since the character's story ended in X3.
Well, we've seemed to have reached the conclusion that the cure isn't permanent. Should her story have ended?

Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #543
CB Fan
The Watcher

@ lordofthenerds, I know I'm just saying its always the females that are attached to these kinds of stories in a negative light.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #544
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

But If WOlverine and Rogue are the time travelers In theory they could be upset some of focus In 1973 scenes are taken by Hugh jackman and Anna Paquin.

It could be BS.But It's possable It's true or close to It.

Treat It as possable rumor for now.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #545
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Also keep in mind that these same tabloids have been having Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart in some awful feud...when in fact, it appeared that they had never even met.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #546
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

True enough but I don't pay much attention to their claims about celebs personal lives.Besides with Jennifer's schedule she has little time to worry about any feud with
a celeb.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #547
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
“Bryan Singer is not the sort of person you want to piss off,” warns the insider. “She should just shut up and get on with things.”

Old 03-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #548
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Wasn't there a report somewhere saying Ellen Paige's (Kitty's) role was pretty big in this?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #549
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Wasn't there a report somewhere saying Ellen Paige's (Kitty's) role was pretty big in this?
I think Millar said something like Kitty fans wont be disappointed. The only one mentioned so far to have a large role in the film is Jackman I think.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #550
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
All they need Halle for is a few minutes of future screentime fighting off Sentinels. If she wants more time, or more money, then she won't win either fight, I don't think.
Yeah well is she coming back for something like that? To get killed off in the first 15 minutes? I think she is the actress that would take less money for an important role, and more money if it's a throw away role where Storm is like, "Hey everybody, it's ME!!! And now I'm dead." Then all the Storm fans who paid top dollar expecting to see her featured are pissed. We've seen stranger things happen before.

The biggest problem if there ever was one is Jackman. Looks like he is going to be the main muscle of the team. Who else can provide that? Beast is about brains, Magneto is about using his magic. Think it takes some action scenes potentially away from Mystique, because she can get her hands dirty.

Honestly did not expect Jackman to be a time traveler. Thought it would be Kitty or Rogue, or someone minor. It surprises me that Wolverine would be featured in the future and past, especially coming off The Wolverine

Closed Thread