The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #826
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Yes, Azazel was a disposable, non-personality henchman. But the film needs those type of characters too, and Azazel has a cool power and a future connection to Mystique. Why replace him?

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #827
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Yes, Azazel was a disposable, non-personality henchman. But the film needs those type of characters too, and Azazel has a cool power and a future connection to Mystique. Why replace him?
They don't.

Mystique and Azazel aren't Nightcrawler's parents in the movies.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #828
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

We don't know that.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #829
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They don't.

Yeah there's nothing to say that they aren't. Just because she never told him in X2. Why would she? It makes it more dynamic if she is hiding it from him. And Oedopedal (sp?) that he was turned on by her. It actually makes more sense that they are. Hell, Azazel doesn't have to be IN the movie for Mystique to start off pregnant with his baby. And I know people are like "there's not enough time for that" seriously? Did you think X2 would have had time for Iceman coming out to his parents or Mystique having fun impersonating Senator Kelly? I mean, there's time for everything. It's character development. Mystique abandoning baby Nightcrawler would be a powerful scene, especially in a movie about racism and fear. Maybe that's what turns her into the cold blooded Mystique we saw in the OT. She sacrifices being a mother in a hateful world because she's complex and doesn't want him to grow up around a terrorist like Magneto and herself. Maybe she thinks he deserves a better life and abandons him with a cross

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 03-08-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #830
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Well she could have had the baby in between First Class and DOFP. Nightcrawler was in his 30s during X2 so he should have been born around 1965-early 1970s. I am still sure Nightcrawler was her son, but who knows if we will get confirmation of that in these films.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #831
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonc32 View Post
Well she could have had the baby in between First Class and DOFP. Nightcrawler was in his 30s during X2 so he should have been born around 1965-early 1970s. I am still sure Nightcrawler was her son, but who knows if we will get confirmation of that in these films.
As matter of fact, there's a deleted scene in X2 when Mystique is going through Stryker's files and she sees Kurt's profile/pictures and she has this subtle shocked expression on her face, so that was a nod to the fans that their's a connection there. Also I can recall from interviews during X2 press that Rebecca was saying that Zak Penn came to her and was telling her they planned on doing more w/Raven, so we may have seen the exposure of Rogue/Kurt being her children, sadly it never came into fruiton. I do feel like w/the bigger role they gave her in X2, in Singer's X3 it would've been bigger I always liked the dynamic w/Magneto, & his kids and Mystique & hers, that would've been an interesting story line for them, it develops them more besides being the basic "villians"

Old 03-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #832
tonytr87
New User - Level 0

Disappointed that Azazel isn't returning. I too was hoping for at least one scene or moment that hinted at a relationship between him and Mystique. Oh well. As for Havok and Banshee, how do we know they're not returning in some capacity?

I know the actors haven't been announced as returning, but there's been no confirmation.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #833
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
We don't know that.
And you're assuming that they are his parents. They aren't. What about Professor X and Juggernaut? Cyclops and Havok? They are related in the comics but not in the movies. Until they brought up the mother-son relationship, there's no confirmation that they are related.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #834
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
And you're assuming that they are his parents. They aren't. What about Professor X and Juggernaut? Cyclops and Havok? They are related in the comics but not in the movies. Until they brought up the mother-son relationship, there's no confirmation that they are related.
Not that you know. Nothing you said supports your belief. You don't know either since either is a possibility since it hasn't been told in the movies.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #835
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Not that you know. Nothing you said supports your belief. You don't know either since either is a possibility since it hasn't been told in the movies.
They haven't addressed that Mystique/Nightcrawler are mother and son. So right now, they aren't. Simple, end of story.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #836
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They aren't getting Into In films.That doesn't mean they aren't.There Isn't much reason to start debates on that.As far as we know Nightcrawler Isn't In DOFP.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #837
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They aren't getting Into In films.That doesn't mean they aren't.
What is that supposed to mean? What about Professor X/Juggernaut and Cyclops/Havok? Just because they are related in the comics, it doesn't mean they are also already related in the movies. They are only related when the movie addressed that they are mother/son, but we haven't seen that yet. So right now, they aren't mother/son in the movie series. They are just strangers to each other.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #838
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There Is nothing to say they aren't mother and son.They just aren't getting Into on screen.
It's pointless to start pages of debate on It when Nightcrawler Isn't even In DOFP as far as we know.Havok might not even be In DOFP but they have hinted at some connection between Cyclops and havok.As far as juggernat that was basiclly the ultimate version
who had no connection to Xavier.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #839
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Assumptions, assumptions.

And X3 Juggernaut was not exactly Ultimate Juggernaut.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #840
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Ok how about mystique is nightcrswlers mama but since it was so painful for her to give him up she had Emma erase her memory of him. And Mags had Emms secretly take away most of her emotions. Now everything is cool.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #841
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not yet.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #842
Maximus One
Oddball

There is one awesome thing about Ellen Page I will say. If need be, she can totally pull off both older and younger versions of Kitty with little effort

Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #843
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Yes, and I think she's at that age that with just a little makeup it will look visually right for both/

Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #844
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yeah there's nothing to say that they aren't. Just because she never told him in X2. Why would she? It makes it more dynamic if she is hiding it from him. And Oedopedal (sp?) that he was turned on by her. It actually makes more sense that they are. Hell, Azazel doesn't have to be IN the movie for Mystique to start off pregnant with his baby. And I know people are like "there's not enough time for that" seriously? Did you think X2 would have had time for Iceman coming out to his parents or Mystique having fun impersonating Senator Kelly? I mean, there's time for everything. It's character development. Mystique abandoning baby Nightcrawler would be a powerful scene, especially in a movie about racism and fear. Maybe that's what turns her into the cold blooded Mystique we saw in the OT. She sacrifices being a mother in a hateful world because she's complex and doesn't want him to grow up around a terrorist like Magneto and herself. Maybe she thinks he deserves a better life and abandons him with a cross
I like your thinking but I have my doubts they will explore these relationships. That's a shame. Mystique's pregnancy and giving birth could be made a crucial part of why she shuts off her emotions and becomes so cold-blooded. It could be a beautiful moment to see her leave him at a monastery.

It looks pretty obvious to me that Azazel is the father of Nightcrawler (same powers and appearance, apart from skin colour), but I'm not holding out any hope this will ever be addressed.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #845
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

hmm I wonder if they do decide to touch on the 'family' aspect for these characters, could it be that Azazel was killed hmm in Germany after some Brotherhood mission went awry by humans and that's where Mystique abandon Kurt and thus began her OT demeanor. It would be cool if Magneto convinces her to give up Kurt for the sake of 'his' mission, of mutant supremacy. That would make her gettin cured in X3 have so much more meaning if he made her do it.

As far as Juggernaut/Prof X. being siblings who's to say as of right now. Raven is his only "sibling", possibility that Charles could've erased Cain's memory of them being related, which in X3 Cain didn't recognize Charles, but also Mystique didn't acknowledge him either during the prison break scene on the truck as her "step brother" either. (Geesh it's 2 many ppl writing for this series the lack of continuity is giving me a head ache trying to make sense of all this!!!)

Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #846
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
There is one awesome thing about Ellen Page I will say. If need be, she can totally pull off both older and younger versions of Kitty with little effort
Hopefully she'll have a character in this one too.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #847
Electrix
Side-Kick

Pretty cool fan made trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #848
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

Pretty cool fan made trailer.

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #849
Angamb
Banned User

wow, it really gives a decent idea of what we are gonna get next year.

Those shots of the giant robots, young and old Charles and Erik, Kitty!, Rogue, Iceman....

really cool. This sequel is gonna be so awesome

Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #850
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Nicely done fan trailer (scale those Pacific Rim robots down and something like that for the Sentinels would be neat), and good use of Eric's dialogue from X3 at the start.

Not sure about using Terminator's H/K's though...Been mentioned in another thread how it's likely this flick will be compared to Terminator. Works fine for a fan film but I'd rather they avoid anything remotely similar to Terminator tech in the film.

Anyway, only thing I didn't like really was Wolverine at the end with Magneto...