The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #176
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Jackman remains the face of the X-Men franchise. That's why you do it, assuming that is what they are doing.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #177
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Doesn't mean that. I doubt Wolverine ends up going back in time. If so, what the hell? Maybe both he and Kitty go back. Then I wonder who anchors the future? Ice Man and Rogue? Seems like you need a heavy hitter in there.
That's why I thought he'd stay in the future with Rogue and Iceman.

Unless we're underestimating how large the future scenes could be and they're actually a good 30/40 minutes of material.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #178
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Music was better in X3...all script problems with that film imo.
Yup, and the script problems are due to it being rushed by Tom Rothman, who was angry at Singer for doing Superman Returns with WB.

Ratner gets too much hate for X3. The problems with that film started long before Ratner came on board. That's why Matthew Vaughn left - production was rushed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...ars-shine.html

Quote:
"What happened with X-Men was I didn't have the time to make the movie that I wanted to make. I had a vision for how it should be, and I wanted to make sure I was making a film as good as X-Men 2, and I knew there was no way it could be. I just suddenly knew it wasn't the right thing for me to do.
"It was a tough decision because it was a hell of an opportunity. But I was trying to make a career as a director, and I didn't want to be the guy accused of making a bad X-Men movie."

Then he trashes Ratner in the next paragraph LOL.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #179
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

its odd hearing what all these original cast members have to say about this film, and yet no first class cast have said anything about the film in terms of what to expect from this film

Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #180
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
its odd hearing what all these original cast members have to say about this film, and yet no first class cast have said anything about the film in terms of what to expect from this film
More and more it seems that the film was taken from their hands.

I love Wolverine and I love Hugh, but he has his own franchise. I would never expect in a million years that he would be at the forefront of a film that was supposed to be a sequel to First Class.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #181
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post

I love Wolverine and I love Hugh, but he has his own franchise. I would never expect in a million years that he would be at the forefront of a film that was supposed to be a sequel to First Class.
As excited as I am for this movie it is starting to look that way.

My guess is that Lawrence, Fassbender and McAvoy to an extent will probably be the only ones from First Class to get any worthwhile screen time.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #182
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post

And yet we have nothing that in any way confirms that.

This is directly from the horses mouth (Singer):

"It's an origin story. I always had an idea in my mind of the history between Professor X and Magneto and ‘First Class' was a chance to explore that history. I think we've done a decent job in the developing the script (for 'Days of Future Past') and maintaining that continuity."

Last edited by JP; 02-13-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #183
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
My guess is that Lawrence, Fassbender and McAvoy to an extent will probably be the only ones from First Class to get any worthwhile screen time.
You forgot Mr. Hoult.

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #184
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

*sigh*

Hugh got $20 Million for Wolverine? I wonder if he got something similar for this film. That'd be on par with what he got for X3 when he headlined that film too (Halle Berry came in at $15M as the second top billing for X3). Since Logan doesn't age, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a role in both the future and the past. They are going to use him everywhere possible and then frame the other characters around him...as usual.

I'm starting to get a very familiar feeling about all of this.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-13-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #185
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Wolverine going back to save Cyclops and Jean in the future maybe. Sort of come full circle. I don't think Jackman will do another one after this. I'd love to see a third Wolverine movie if they plan on doing it right. Origins was terrible. I was never a big fan of his Japan years, even though the stories are really good. Omega Red would be sick. Maybe in a sequel down the line. I think Sinister is the next logical villain if they make another ensemble movie, featuring Jean/Cyclops.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #186
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
*sigh*

Hugh got $20 Million for Wolverine? I wonder if he got something similar for this film. That'd be on par with what he got for X3 when he headlined that film too (Halle Berry came in at $15M as the second top billing for X3). Since Logan doesn't age, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a role in both the future and the past. They are going to use him everywhere possible and then frame the other characters around him...as usual.

I'm starting to get a very familiar feeling about all of this.
If X2 is that familiar feeling, then hell yeah!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #187
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The wolverine films are part of X-Men series.The trilogy,first Class,DOFP,wolverine films are all part of same series.People should try to Remember X2.A case can be made that Matthew Vaughn made First Class with Magneto as center as trilogy has had wolverine.

Hugh has pretty much confirmed he has a large role In DOFP.However that doesn't mean he Is time traveler.The first could be equaly cut back and forth between 1973 and future.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #188
def28
Side-Kick

So even if Wolverine isnt the time traveler someone who knows him will be right? I know some may not like the sound of this, but wouldnt it make sense since Logan is alive in both times for him to be contacted in some way or asked for help even if he isnt the time traveler? Ignoring that your MVP is alive and could potentially help change a future would seem a mistake.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #189
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I just want to know if Halle is coming back or not. I wants to see some Storm.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #191
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
So Wolverine is the time-traveler?
Or...this movie isn't JUST like the comics. There may be several time travelers. After all this movie is being hyped like the X-Men version of the Avengers and it would not be that if the two casts didn't meet.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #192
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
So Wolverine is the time-traveler?
People here shouldn't be surprised with this. A major character in the original trilogy and had 2 spin-off movies. FOX isn't just gonna let him stay in the present timeline, fight with the Sentinels and have the other present mutants go to the past. Let's be real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I don't think Jackman will do another one after this.
After appearing in seven X-Men films and he's still enjoying the experience of playing the character of Wolverine, I doubt he would turn down if he gets an offer again to play Wolverine.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-13-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #193
JP
Smelly

Sigh, you guys remind me of The Avengers forum from a year ago who carried on and on about how Iron Man was going to lead the team and have the most screen time blah blah blah.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #194
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Or...this movie isn't JUST like the comics. There may be several time travelers. After all this movie is being hyped like the X-Men version of the Avengers and it would not be that if the two casts didn't meet.
They would probably want to maximize this opportunity of having the cast of OT and FC together and I think the audience would really love it.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #195
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Wolverine may be time traveler.He may be one of time travelers.He may only be In future scenes.That can only be speculated on right now.Hell he could be In both time peroids
as 1973 wolverine and future wolverine.

Let's wait till people start complaning about size of roles.The complete cast hasn't been revealed.

I expect Hugh to be credited after James Mcavoy and Michael Fassbender In credits like he was for first 2 films after Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen.Mckellen and Stewert will
probally recieve a with credit.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #196
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Sigh, you guys remind me of The Avengers forum from a year ago who carried on and on about how Iron Man was going to lead the team and have the most screen time blah blah blah.

I know. But the only difference here is that a precedent has already been set for our expectations. We'll see if they shock us though...Lord knows I want to be shocked. Like, desperately.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #197
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:

Except people here have legit rights to be worried since Wolverine has been the main character in every X-men film that wasnt First Class.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #198
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I know. But the only difference here is that a precedent has already been set for our expectations. We'll see if they shock us though...Lord knows I want to be shocked. Like, desperately.

Yes, because as we all know despite trying to "start over" with this franchise, and take the X-Men series into the current superhero movie world, the best way to do that is to repeat the formula of the past.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #199
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Except people here have legit rights to be worried since Wolverine has been the main character in every X-men film that wasnt First Class.
Sure, that's understandable. But I don't see people being worried. I see people jumping to conclusions and then stating said conclusions as fact.

Singer and Vaughn worked pretty hard to move this franchise in a new direction, and I don't see how or why they would both suddenly go back on that.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #200
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Yes, because as we all know despite trying to "start over" with this franchise, and take the X-Men series into the current superhero movie world, the best way to do that is to repeat the formula of the past.
You know what? If they can somehow figure Halle Berry, Famke Janssen and James Marsden into this film, I'd be content with a repeat of that formula. The formula is so much weaker without them.

Not sure I can cope with another heavily Wolverine-centric film, especially back-to-back WITH The Wolverine in the same summer.

Closed Thread