The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #251
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Let's wait till we know how DOFP ends.Speculation Is pointless till then.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #252
Angamb
Banned User

I think Fox will explore the universe in present time.

I think First Class 3 is an option, but they dont need to do it exactly three years after Days of future past.

so.... I think they could surprise us with a team movie set in present time.

I guess will find out next year, after Days of future past release, or around DVD release

Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #253
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think Fox will explore the universe in present time.

I think First Class 3 is an option, but they dont need to do it exactly three years after Days of future past.

so.... I think they could surprise us with a team movie set in present time.

I guess will find out next year, after Days of future past release, or around DVD release
I think we'll get both. One present movie and First Class 3.

However, I think First Class 3 may end that series. I'm not sure how easy it will be to tie Fassbender and Lawrence down again.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #254
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Bryan doesn't conisder him In same league as other confirmed OT returnees.

One exception I would say Is Rose Byrne.
Really? Did he say something like that?

Oh yes, agreed on Rose Byrne.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #255
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
I think we'll get both. One present movie and First Class 3.

However, I think First Class 3 may end that series. I'm not sure how easy it will be to tie Fassbender and Lawrence down again.
I agree we'll get both, just not sure yet what Fox will want right after Days of future past.

with Fass and Law, they are under contract, so whenever Fox wants to do the third part, they will have to do it lol.

And since we are gonna see Hugh, Ian, Patrick, Anna, Ellen again after all these years, we shouldnt say the FC actors wont repeat even after a third movie, lol. This is hollywood, and actors need work, so...

Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #256
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I agree we'll get both, just not sure yet what Fox will want right after Days of future past.

with Fass and Law, they are under contract, so whenever Fox wants to do the third part, they will have to do it lol.

And since we are gonna see Hugh, Ian, Patrick, Anna, Ellen again after all these years, we shouldnt say the FC actors wont repeat even after a third movie, lol. This is hollywood, and actors need work, so...
Oh yeah, I definitely think we'll get our third First Class part, but I dunno, I think because so much time has passed since the OT, and those actors have had so much time to look back on it so fondly, that's why they're all so willing.

Wheres Fassbender and Lawrence are really just kicking off their careers, it could be harder to lure them. That said, I always believe that no actor, however talented they may be, should look a bankable franchise in the mouth.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #257
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yeah, I definitely think we'll get our third First Class part, but I dunno, I think because so much time has passed since the OT, and those actors have had so much time to look back on it so fondly, that's why they're all so willing.

Wheres Fassbender and Lawrence are really just kicking off their careers, it could be harder to lure them. That said, I always believe that no actor, however talented they may be, should look a bankable franchise in the mouth.
The threat of breaching their contracts might lure them...

Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #258
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
The threat of breaching their contracts might lure them...
Yes, I already said they would fulfill their three movie contracts, I am talking about after that....

Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #259
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, I already said they would fulfill their three movie contracts, I am talking about after that....
It will be interesting to see if Singer can inspire the same type of devotion in the newbies as he did in the OT cast. Although there's no telling if he would even direct the FC3 movie, especially if he chose to make another sequel with the OT cast.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #260
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if Singer can inspire the same type of devotion in the newbies as he did in the OT cast. Although there's no telling if he would even direct the FC3 movie, especially if he chose to make another sequel with the OT cast.
I can't see it, myself. We've got to the stage where it seems like every name under the sun from the OT are all willing to come back, and that's fantastic, but we really seem to have overlooked how rare that is.

How many film series can say they did a full trilogy and still, 7 years later, have pretty much the entire core cast all returning/eager for a return? That's incredible devotion from a cast.

That said, in terms of First Class, it seems to be a case of how long they can hold onto McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence, which should, in theory, be manageable.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #261
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can't see it, myself. We've got to the stage where it seems like every name under the sun from the OT are all willing to come back, and that's fantastic, but we really seem to have overlooked how rare that is.
I don't think anyone is underestimating how hard it would be to pull off what they've done. I mean, look at the state of the Ghostbusters 3 movie. And it took quite a while just to get Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back together for MIB3.

Quote:
How many film series can say they did a full trilogy and still, 7 years later, have pretty much the entire core cast all returning/eager for a return? That's incredible devotion from a cast.
The only other franchises I can think of are Lord of the Rings and (possibly) Star Wars. I suppose the Fast and Furious movies too. Most other franchises with more than 3 movies usually just depend on one key returnee (Mission: Impossible, Pirates of the Caribbean, Die Hard, etc.) or the franchise takes a left turn (Bourne, Terminator).

Quote:
That said, in terms of First Class, it seems to be a case of how long they can hold onto McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence, which should, in theory, be manageable.
Fox would have to pony up the cash--which is a tall order--but yeah, it would be manageable. I still don't like Lawrence as Mystique.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #262
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think anyone is underestimating how hard it would be to pull off what they've done. I mean, look at the state of the Ghostbusters 3 movie. And it took quite a while just to get Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back together for MIB3.

The only other franchises I can think of are Lord of the Rings and (possibly) Star Wars. I suppose the Fast and Furious movies too. Most other franchises with more than 3 movies usually just depend on one key returnee (Mission: Impossible, Pirates of the Caribbean, Die Hard, etc.) or the franchise takes a left turn (Bourne, Terminator).

Fox would have to pony up the cash--which is a tall order--but yeah, it would be manageable. I still don't like Lawrence as Mystique.
Exactly. Never did I think we'd see Hugh, Anna, Shawn, Ellen, Patrick, Ian, all reunited. And with Famke, Alan and who knows who else, all keen to come back. It's a great achievement. And speaks highly of their affection for the franchise, and Bryan too, I imagine. Apart from Ellen, who never really got to work with him.

I don't like Lawrence's Mystique either but with her star rising, they're going to cling to her for dear life.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #263
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. Never did I think we'd see Hugh, Anna, Shawn, Ellen, Patrick, Ian, all reunited. And with Famke, Alan and who knows who else, all keen to come back. It's a great achievement. And speaks highly of their affection for the franchise, and Bryan too, I imagine. Apart from Ellen, who never really got to work with him.

I don't like Lawrence's Mystique either but with her star rising, they're going to cling to her for dear life.
I wonder if Ellen Page, having only done one X-Men movie, is actually still under some multi-film contract.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #264
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
My theater laughed at the chair too. I still feel the urge to chuckle.
No one in the audience chuckled during that scene when I saw it in theaters.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #265
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder if Ellen Page, having only done one X-Men movie, is actually still under some multi-film contract.
I'd assume so. She did sign for three, I believe. But these contracts do have expiry dates, so it's possible they weren't still in effect when she decided to return to DoFP.

To be honest, I'd imagine Bryan checked with her people and discussed the role to see if she was interested, rather than just ensuring a return with an old contract.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #266
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd assume so. She did sign for three, I believe. But these contracts do have expiry dates, so it's possible they weren't still in effect when she decided to return to DoFP.

To be honest, I'd imagine Bryan checked with her people and discussed the role to see if she was interested, rather than just ensuring a return with an old contract.
Did anyone read the article where Hugh Jackman said he originally only signed for two films. He said he was so excited they offered him three, but his agent got it down to two films. At the time, he wasn't quite why his agent got it down to two

Old 02-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #267
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Did anyone read the article where Hugh Jackman said he originally only signed for two films. He said he was so excited they offered him three, but his agent got it down to two films. At the time, he wasn't quite why his agent got it down to two
I did not read that article... Link?

Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #268
Snikt
Side-Kick

Here it is:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...s-oscar-420764

Long read, but very interesting. I think this might've been posted in The Wolverine forum as well.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #269
Snikt
Side-Kick

He talks about it on page three.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #270
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, Cyclops was def horribly mistreated. Most frustrating thing of this franchise imo.
I don't think he was mistreated (until X3 which mistreated everyone ) it's just that the movies weren't about him. He might have been mishandled (depending on how you look at it), but his character was pretty faithful and when we do see him he's actually doing ****, Singer didn't make him pout in his room and be completely useless while others fight like Crapner.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #271
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Ha!

My Hugh crush grows daily. Those pictures...

Old 02-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #272
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
I don't think he was mistreated (until X3 which mistreated everyone ) it's just that the movies weren't about him. He might have been mishandled (depending on how you look at it), but his character was pretty faithful and when we do see him he's actually doing ****, Singer didn't make him pout in his room and be completely useless while others fight like Crapner.
Well he was hardly in X2 after getting very easily taken out. This is the leader of the X-Men getting taken out almost as if he were a normal human.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #273
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Well he was hardly in X2 after getting very easily taken out. This is the leader of the X-Men getting taken out almost as if he were a normal human.
He got his butt kicked by a lady Wolverine (as well as kicking Logan's) . I'd like to see you fight her.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #274
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Definitely, I was just talking character deaths in X3. I was pretty disappointed with Singer not using him either though. 8 min as a mute in X2 was pretty lame. I get that there wasnt place for him in this story but hes the most important of the team and was given no time. They should have made time and written a part for him. One of these days the leader of the X Men will finally have character focus haha.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #275
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
He got his butt kicked by a lady Wolverine (as well as kicking Logan's) . I'd like to see you fight her.
I would do just as badly. Out with 1 strike within 2 seconds.