Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #426
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i wonder when Hugh is gonna shoot his scenes because he just started production on upcoming movie the prisoners
http://collider.com/production-begin...ke-gyllenhaal/
I think we shouldn't worry about these schedule conflicts that much. This is already the 7th X-Men film that they are making. The cast is huge and while some actors might be still in the set of their movies/tv shows like Prisoners, MacBeth, True Blood, The Hunger Games and The Following. They could spend their time filming on the actors who are already available. Plus they could use body double and some of the scenes will be film inside the green room.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #427
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Hmm I wouldn't really pt X-Men Origins Wolverine in "Phase 2"...I think that's the swan song for "phase 1" ... First Class def feels like a fresh start. Not that I believe in rebooting or recasting or anything...First Class to me feels like the start of "Phase 2"

Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #428
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Origins was the start of prequels/spin-offs so, its phase 2 to me.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #429
Angamb
Banned User

younger actors to be announced soon, according to latest interview by IGN.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/02/2...r-bryan-singer

which characters they will be?? Im intrigued

Old 02-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #430
def28
Side-Kick

Has this IGN interview been posted? Long interview so posting in Spoiler.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...men-last-stand

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed.

Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]

IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…

Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.

IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?

Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.

As far as X-Men: The Last Stand is concerned, Singer acknowledged that, “it’s a very difficult thing, jumping into someone else’s franchise,” adding, “Brett Ratner did it with mine and you’re held up to a standard, particularly if people really like what the originator did, you’re held up to a very tough standard jumping into someone else's franchise.”

IGN: Do you have regrets about what Brett Ratner did with Last Stand?

Singer: It would have been nice to have done the third one, but I really wanted to have the Superman [Returns] experience. And I’ve never really talked about it before, but there were negotiating issues that were there. I didn’t fully have X-Men 3 in my mind and I had this take on Superman and suddenly that was easy. That was an easier deal, it took three days and we were ready to go. So I made that move and it pissed off certain people – we’re all good now. But you know, maybe I wouldn’t have ended up with X-Men: First Class and where I’m sitting today making this epic combination of casts. So in the end, I’m glad I had my Superman experience. It was a little awkward for me to see X-Men 3, obviously. In fact I was so emotionally nervous about it that a person -- who shall remain nameless -- brought me to a building in the middle of the night in Los Angeles and sat me in front of the computer and showed me the movie. Completely against the law, long before it was finished, just so I could be prepared. And I watched it reel by reel on the computer. You know Brett and I are good friends, I actually saw him in London last week, and I don’t know if I’ve ever told him that frankly, because I just kept it to myself. But I just needed to see the movie so that when I actually went to the theatre and saw it, it wasn’t shocking to me or disturbing. Seeing a Superman movie will be very different. I’m actually very excited to see Zack Snyder’s Superman because it’ll be so different from mine and that’s quite distant. But today I don’t have regrets because I’m sitting here doing this amazing hybrid, so maybe it was all meant to be.

IGN: As a fan of this world too, though, do you want to see Scott and Jean return? Because it’s what everyone is thinking. That we want to see them return, you know?

Singer: Who wouldn’t? Who wouldn’t? [Laughing] That’s all I can say.

IGN: [Laughing] Fair enough.

The good news is that we’re all on the same page!

IGN: What is the balance between the first classers and the original trilogy actors in Days of Future Past?

Singer: The movie takes place at different times. It deals with, I don't want to say time travel, but time displacement. A form of time travel which is steeped more in the X-Men [mythos].

IGN: There was a real distinctive tone created in First Class, that was sort of in the vein of a film from that era, how are you going to integrate that into this one?

Singer: The majority of it...or that part of it, takes place in the early 70’s, 1973. So Nixon is a character, and there will be different styles and automobiles. And there will be some futuristic, as well as retro, technology which you haven’t seen. There are science fiction aspects of the movie, and then there’s some retro science fiction that the X-Men films haven’t had quite yet. So we’re exploring that, which will be fun. And there’s an attitude [difference]. We discover our characters, particularly the younger characters, at a different place in their lives. Every character you discover in this movie is in a completely different place than you’ve ever seen, emotionally, and it's about them moving through that. Hilarity ensues!

IGN: When you think about it, it’s possible to come out of this movie with three separate branches of the X-Men franchise: the First Class time period, the original X-Men time period that you created and now the alternate timeline/universe that X-Men: Days of Future Past will delve into. The alternate universe timeline could exist on its own. Is that a possibility coming out of this?

Singer: Yes, I think so, but I think it’s even bigger than that. I think that if you really examine the X-Men universe it’s every bit as big as the Marvel universe. There are lesser characters, but if you take certain characters there are a myriad of films you could make, and stories you could tell, with these characters as individuals. Wolverine being one of them, and that’s currently being done. But you could really mine this universe. I’m glad to return to it and I’d like to get more involved in it because it hasn’t really been orchestrated – somewhat with the Wolverine pictures – but I think there is a lot more that one can do.

IGN: Have you sort of started to map out plans for a Disney/Marvel movies approach to the X-Men franchise?

Singer: It’s just something we’re thinking about. Really my big focus was this movie. Because it’s really massive, and we’re going to start shooting soon. But we’re talking, [producer] Lauren Shuler Donner and I, and we’ll see.

IGN: I know you love to announce on Twitter. When do you think there will be announcements about the rest of the casting and who Peter Dinklage is playing and those kinds of things?

Singer: I don’t know. We’ll see. I’m not sure... I’ll see how it goes. Some people will figure stuff out on their own and then it just gets out there. I tweet very impulsively. You know, just when I have a moment in the day, or when something like [Peter Dinklage’s casting] happens. You know when they call me and say, ‘Okay, Peter’s deal is done.’ I wish I could tweet every conversation, but when I tweet it has to be an official thing. When I tweet it it’s for real. There’s another person that we’re negotiating with right now, so hopefully that will work out and they’ll be a part of the movie as well. And there are some new roles, younger roles that will appear in the movie. My tweets are just to be connective to fans and they’re impulsive. Sometimes they’re silly - or spelled wrong. I just have to make sure I don’t tweet when I’m drunk or anything. [Laughing] My biggest fear is that I have the phone, it’s right there…You gotta be careful because you have this direct line in your pocket to lots of people. But I think it’s a great tool. I wish I had it on Valkyrie, for instance. Because there was a lot of snarky scrutiny that was completely inaccurate and if I had Twitter I could have just addressed it. Like when they were saying, ‘Oh my god, they’re coming back to the United States for reshoots, the movie is in trouble!’ I could have said, ‘No, we’re coming back to the United States cause there are no deserts in Germany and I have a sequence that takes place in a desert.” And that would have been such an easy tweet – ‘No, the movie is fine.’ So when people panic that you’re doing something, wrong or something’s wrong with the movie, you can either not address it, or address it without needing to call a press conference.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #431
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Very interesting interview. Though I really believe that Singer should have stayed with X3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
younger actors to be announced soon, according to latest interview by IGN.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/02/2...r-bryan-singer

which characters they will be?? Im intrigued
It doesn't sound like that its going to be the characters that we have already seen before.

Maybe Dazzler and Polaris will finally make an appearance in the movie or a cameo for Young Storm!

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-22-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:40 AM   #432
JP
Flame On

My excitement is too deep. Lol

Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 AM   #433
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

That's one of the most in depth intervies about X3 I've ever seen. He puts it out there that Brett ****ed up without flaming him because he's friends with him. Great QnA in general, so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 02-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #434
Parker Wayne
IT Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Hmm I wouldn't really pt X-Men Origins Wolverine in "Phase 2"...I think that's the swan song for "phase 1" ... First Class def feels like a fresh start. Not that I believe in rebooting or recasting or anything...First Class to me feels like the start of "Phase 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Origins was the start of prequels/spin-offs so, its phase 2 to me.
Did you guys ever think that this isn't Marvel Studios and there aren't phases?

Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #435
JP
Flame On

Looks like there's gonna be a new group of kids in the FC timeline. Hoping its Scott/Jean/Storm!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:48 AM   #436
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Did you guys ever think that this isn't Marvel Studios and there aren't phases?
I know that, its just how I want to categorize the X-Men movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Looks like there's gonna be a new group of kids in the FC timeline. Hoping its Scott/Jean/Storm!
It could be in the future too.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #437
Parker Wayne
IT Boy!

Okay, fair enough.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #438
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post

I urge people to read this interview. It's just fascinating and Singer was very civil in stating that X-Men 3 was a bit of a let down. he chose the right words without being abrasive about it.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #439
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bring back Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones because of the 10 year jump and if they just decided to use older actors for the role of Havok and Banshee. At least with Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence, (not only because they got character development in First Class) they are covered with body paint and prosthetic make-up, people won't notice that they didn't age that much unlike with Lucas and Caleb who would still look like teenagers if they appear in DOFP.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:11 AM   #440
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Interesting interview.

By saying "fix ****", is he calling X3 ****?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Singer
It deals with, I don't want to say time travel, but time displacement. A form of time travel which is steeped more in the X-Men [mythos].
Looks like he's not doing what TAS did and throwing in a time machine. Good.

You officially have no life.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #441
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yay! I'm glad he said he's going to fix X-men 3. If it were up to me I would just pretend it never happened.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #442
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bring back Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones because of the 10 year jump and if they just decided to use older actors for the role of Havok and Banshee. At least with Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence, (not only because they got character development in First Class) they are covered with body paint and prosthetic make-up, people won't notice that they didn't age that much unlike with Lucas and Caleb who would still look like teenagers if they appear in DOFP.
They might not even bring those characters back... but I think they should at least bring back Havok, and connect him with Cyclops somehow.

You officially have no life.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #443
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Yay! I'm glad he said he's going to fix X-men 3. If it were up to me I would just pretend it never happened.
When there's a problem, if you fix it and not ignore it or just start all over again from scratch. And I'm glad Bryan Singer is doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
They might not even bring those characters back... but I think they should at least bring back Havok, and connect him with Cyclops somehow.
I feel Havok isn't that important of a character in the series that they could make him and Cyclops related. Maybe if got character development in First Class like Mystique and Beast but no.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #444
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I like how sincere Singer was about X3, and wanting to fix the problems with that movie, WHILE slightly defending Ratner..then pooping on his film.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 AM   #445
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Perhaps "new roles, younger roles" will mean a better team in the 70s than the one in FC.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #446
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Interesting how Singer made a distinction between time displacement and time travel. Whatever "time displacement" actually means.

I guess that if Charles' school is up and running, there are bound to be new young mutants around the place. I don't know about Jean, Scott and Storm though. Their ages don't quite work out, and there's so much other stuff going on in the movie I don't see how the movie could throw them in and still give them decent development; I'm guessing fans wouldn't be happy if they only got the kind of attention Banshee and Havok got in FC.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #447
Bruce Malone
Dazed & Confused

Do you think Hugh's role in First Class is really going to be that significant? I think his character might be a catalyst but the story is going to largely involve the other mutants.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #448
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post

thats a good interview, gives me alot more faith in brian singers vision

something i note

Quote:
IGN: When you think about it, itís possible to come out of this movie with three separate branches of the X-Men franchise: the First Class time period, the original X-Men time period that you created and now the alternate timeline/universe that X-Men: Days of Future Past will delve into. The alternate universe timeline could exist on its own. Is that a possibility coming out of this?

Singer: Yes, I think so, but I think itís even bigger than that. I think that if you really examine the X-Men universe itís every bit as big as the Marvel universe. There are lesser characters, but if you take certain characters there are a myriad of films you could make, and stories you could tell, with these characters as individuals. Wolverine being one of them, and thatís currently being done. But you could really mine this universe. Iím glad to return to it and Iíd like to get more involved in it because it hasnít really been orchestrated Ė somewhat with the Wolverine pictures Ė but I think there is a lot more that one can do.
seems brian will try and flesh out other characters for this film, which has to be a good thing

Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #449
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
IGN: What is the balance between the first classers and the original trilogy actors in Days of Future Past?

Singer: The movie takes place at different times. It deals with, I don't want to say time travel, but time displacement. A form of time travel which is steeped more in the X-Men
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_displacement

Time displacement in sociology refers to the idea that new forms of activities may replace older ones. New activities that cause time displacement are usually technology-based, most common are the information and communication technologies such as Internet and television. Those technologies are seen as responsible for declines of previously more common activities such as in- and out-of-home socializing, work, and even personal care and sleep.
it probably doesn't mean anything to what brian actually means but yeah, don't think to much into it

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-22-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #450
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Interesting how Singer made a distinction between time displacement and time travel. Whatever "time displacement" actually means.
He may be referring to the Mind Swap form of time travel used in the books. It's not what we'd normally consider as Time Travel as nothing physical moves in time, but rather the consciousness of one individual is 'displaced' to an earlier version of themselves (this form of travel would be more "steeped in the X-Men Mythos" as Singer states, being that it was used in the original DOFP story).

If that is the case then they seem a bit limited as to which of them can be the traveller (most of the future X-Men won't have been born yet). Wolverine (please no...) Xavier, Magneto, Beast & Mystique are the only viable ones I can think of atm (well, other First Classers might still be alive in the future, but until we get casting news on that the aforementioned seem like the only ones).