Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #476
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the more they talk about time travel on the sequel, the more it seems it wont be an actual travel.
I think Xavier will play a key role with it. not my wish, but whatever
I was thinking since his mind has already been out of his body...maybe he'll send his mind back in time and young Xavier will recieve it through Cerebro. My idea...remember my user name haha

Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #477
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Oh please.You keep pushing this more people Intrested In first Class than X4 crap.First Class was lowest grossing film In series.
How is that belief "crap"? A poll on this very forum has 80% of the votes in favor of a FC sequel as opposed to an X4. Would the opinion of the general audience be that different? Box office numbers aside, FC is more recent and was critically well recieved. And it has the hotter younger names attached to it. So its not crap to believe most people will have more interest in FC, its a logical assumption.

Last edited by magneto23; 02-22-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #478
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I was thinking since his mind has already been out of his body...maybe he'll send his mind back in time and young Xavier will recieve it through Cerebro. My idea...remember my user name haha
lol, who knows? they can do anything. I would preffer a physical travel from a x-girl, since it would be similar to the comics, in the sense of having a young x-woman travelling back, but I think it will be Charles. Charles has had his moments with Cerebro during the trilogy, and now we have James McAvoy version, would be nice to see another character getting the role, but anyway

as long as Singer gives me EPIC action with the sentinels and with Rogue, Kitty and Iceman, and some cool moments with the x-men from the 70's, I'll be happy.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #479
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
lol, who knows? they can do anything. I would preffer a physical travel from a x-girl, since it would be similar to the comics, in the sense of having a young x-woman travelling back, but I think it will be Charles. Charles has had his moments with Cerebro during the trilogy, and now we have James McAvoy version, would be nice to see another character getting the role, but anyway

as long as Singer gives me EPIC action with the sentinels and with Rogue, Kitty and Iceman, and some cool moments with the x-men from the 70's, I'll be happy.
Yeah also like Kitty to be the lone traveler and have funny quirks about 70s culture

Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #480
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
How is that belief "crap"? A poll on this very forum has 80% of the votes in favor of a FC sequel as opposed to an X4. Would the opinion of the general audience be that different? Box office numbers aside, FC is more recent and was critically well recieved. And it has the hotter younger names attached to it. So its not crap to believe most people will have more interest in FC, its a logical assumption.
It is crap. People here probably didn't wanna see an X4 because X3 left such a bad taste in their mouths, and that was before Singer was announced as the director of DoFP. If he's involved, more people would probably rather see X4 than a First Class sequel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #481
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah also like Kitty to be the lone traveler and have funny quirks about 70s culture
yeah... but I dont want to think about it much more, I would feel dissapointed.

so back to positive thinking: Bryan Singer, Sentinels, Rogue, Kitty, Iceman and new 70's team members!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #482
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It is crap. People here probably didn't wanna see an X4 because X3 left such a bad taste in their mouths, and that was before Singer was announced as the director of DoFP. If he's involved, more people would probably rather see X4 than a First Class sequel.
X3 was like an "end" to the entire saga. It felt like it at least. Where else was there to go? Origins. Origin for Wolverine (worse than X3) and a good origin movie back to the style of X1-2. Which brought Singer back, who FOX realize they need to fix everything. It's a cycle!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #483
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
As it stands right now, heading into DOFP, FC is more in the forefront of moviegoer's minds than any kind of continuation of the original trilogy. Maybe after this next film and after singer "fixes" things, a Bryan Singer X4 would garner more interest. But that's just a maybe. FC characters are getting another chance to assert themselves in DOFP and the leading actors are young and becoming more famous. So there is going to be interest in seeing the continuation of their story as well.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #484
Angamb
Banned User

there will be a bigger interest in X4 after this sequel, thats for sure.

Fans will see Iceman, Rogue, Kitty doing stuff they never did on the trilogy, and to see them all together with Wolverine and maybe another returning x-man/woman fighting the sentinels..... well, that will probably be the standout moment of the sequel.

but why do fans have to choose? at the end of the day, most of us will watch any of the two options, and realistically, Fox could do both. So no need to choose what will be better. Both can be epic movies and make money. Some fans have an opinion, others have another.

Both series have great actors, so its up to Fox to decide what to do next. And we shouldnt care about what will make more money, thats their problem. lol

Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #485
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
As it stands right now, heading into DOFP, FC is more in the forefront of moviegoer's minds than any kind of continuation of the original trilogy. Maybe after this next film and after singer "fixes" things, a Bryan Singer X4 would garner more interest. But that's just a maybe. FC characters are getting another chance to assert themselves in DOFP and the leading actors are young and becoming more famous. So there is going to be interest in seeing the continuation of their story as well.
Actually, most people I've asked haven't even seen First Class, and remember X3 the most. X4 would undoubtedly garner more interest than FC sequel, but to each his own.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #486
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

so when will fliming actually start?

I still want to see Firestar and Bishop. And Keke palmer= teen storm.

So if the "ending" of the film results in some re-positioned continuity, I suppose some people will be alive in the "present day" and others not so much. Already we have Havok, Beast, mystique, banshee, etc., a generation apart from the 2000-forward characters.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #487
BMM
Side-Kick

Filming begins in April, though I don't know if an exact start date has been given. Also, Banshee and Havok haven't been confirmed to return.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #488
jignat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
so when will fliming actually start?

I still want to see Firestar and Bishop. And Keke palmer= teen storm.

So if the "ending" of the film results in some re-positioned continuity, I suppose some people will be alive in the "present day" and others not so much. Already we have Havok, Beast, mystique, banshee, etc., a generation apart from the 2000-forward characters.

April 15 is the filiming start date from what ive heard on the web.

Would anyone like to have James McAvoy do the opening narration instead of Stewart this time? OR just me?

Old 02-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #489
Angamb
Banned User

It would be a nice twist. Im all for fresh things

Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #490
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's just you.I want to see Patrick Stewart do opening narration.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #491
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #492
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually, after Superman Returns left a bad taste in many people's mouths, not absolutely everybody is happy about Singer's return, judging by the responses I've read on different sites. Many are happy of course, but it's not exactly unanimous.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #493
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Online forums don't speak for everyone.otherwise how did Star Wars prequels and Indiana Jones and The kindgom of crystal skull do over 300 million domesticly and Superman Returns hit 200 Million domesticly.

And many people consider X2 to be best of X-Men films.

Your also Ignoring some people will never like anything Fox does with X-Men or FF.Nothing less than a reboot at Disney will sastify them.

The Star Wars prequels and Clone wars are more recent Star Wars productions so are you saying the new star wars should be like them?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #494
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

...so what's the rundown on the lady characters involved in this film? how many heroes, how many villains? what will be the romance/sex narrative in the film? they've really avoided having a really sexy x-men film so far..

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #495
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
its good he is aware of how much people want to see them back
Of course he's aware, he's the director of the first two X-Men movies. But I just hope he doesn't include them right away like nothing happened to them in the past.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #496
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Actually, after Superman Returns left a bad taste in many people's mouths, not absolutely everybody is happy about Singer's return, judging by the responses I've read on different sites. Many are happy of course, but it's not exactly unanimous.
I said most, not everybody. There are more people wanting an X4 than a FC sequel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #497
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Online buzz, yeah, but casual moviegoers who don't follow popular culture on the internet wouldn't be a part of that. Plus I'm not even sure how big this online buzz really is. I visit a few movie discussion forums and it's usual for threads for upcoming movies to appear months before it comes out. I've seen threads for Avengers 2, Spider-Man sequel, Justice League, but DoFP so far has been a no-show.

FC may not have been a smasher at the box office, but it has been the latest X-Men movie and the freshest one in people's minds. DoFP is still referred to as First Class sequel in DoFP-related articles I've read on mainstream movie sites (and the byline of this very forum). The return of the old actors raised people's interest, true, but they're still talked about as returning in the context of a First Class sequel.

And I very much doubt that the general public out there is hankering after X4 in the same way that X-Men die-hards are. That movie was made to be a conclusion of the trilogy, so from the point of view of the public all those stories and characters have come to a natural end. It wasn't meant to create a "I wonder what happened next" feeling in movie-goers.
This post is perfect. I knew you would articulate these points a hundred times better than I ever could. Your point about X3 is especially spot-on, along with the repeated use of "First Class sequel" in news articles about DOFP. I would also like to add that despite less-than-desired BO performances, First Class is also pretty much tied for the most critically acclaimed X-Men movie. It was outstandingly well received and people actually really loved the different "feel" of it vs the older movies. In fact, the only people I've met who didn't like it are the purists who love to point out that Raven and Charles were never siblings and "if this is the 'First Class', how come there's only ONE official member from the comics in it?".

If we measured quality of a movie based on box office receipts, X3 would be the favorite.

Quote:
Your crazy If you don't think the return of original Trilogy actors doesn't create buzz.
Mrs Vimes never said it doesn't generate buzz. She said it doesn't generate buzz with casual moviegoers. This is TRUE. People (as in, ordinary, non-SHH-forum-frequenters) will see this because:
-it's a fun summer blockbuster
-They liked First Class
-Lawrence and Fassbender are in it (I'm gonna get reamed by certain members for this one, but facts are facts: As awesome and badass and talented as he is, James McAvoy just isn't in as many Big Movies right now as these Hollywood sweethearts and therefore is getting less attention)

People who loved the trilogy and continue to keep it close to their hearts lurk on forums like this one. Average moviegoers have so many other things to see that they're not going to keep one from 12 years ago at the forefront of their thoughts.

Quote:
I'm going to let everyone in on this crazy, crazy secret:

Very few people care about directors.

The people who DO care are film junkies and people on forums like this, who are junkies about specific films. General audiences remember the BIG ones (Spielberg, Lucas, to a lesser extent Cameron), and the BAD ones who repeatedly screw with their childhood nostalgia (Michael Bay) or painfully screw up every movie they make after their first two hits (M Night). I have talked to countless, countless people over the years who had NO IDEA that X3 and Wolverine were directed by different guys than X1-2.

And honestly? I get mixed to negative reactions when I tell people that "the guy who directed FC left DOFP and the guy from the old X-Men movies is replacing him". Most people still don't know that Vaughn isn't coming back for this one.

And even people who DO notice directors are not going to have a lot of faith in this guy after Jack the Giant Slayer, if it turns out to be as terrible as it looks.

Quote:
Actually, most people I've asked haven't even seen First Class, and remember X3 the most. X4 would undoubtedly garner more interest than FC sequel, but to each his own.
People remember X3 the most because it was outstandingly awful. People remembering X3 is why people didn't see First Class.

Quote:
Precisely.

Quote:
You know for all the accusations of generalizing and assumption-making you've lodged at people, you do an awful lot of speaking for everyone.

Personally I don't want Patrick Stewart doing narration on a movie that, as confirmed by Singer, is set mostly in the past.
Personally I think that god-awful narration had no place in the movies in the 00's and definitely has no place a decade later when comic book movies try to stay current and fresh.

Final point: couldn't find a quote for this one and couldn't remember if it was this thread or not but:

No matter how much press, how many trailers, how many TV spots, how many old cast or FC cast return, how many promises of naked Fassbender scenes, how many hilarious interviews with the cast, how many tie-ins with popular products, THIS FILM WILL NEVER BEAT THE HOBBIT 3, and Warner Bros KNOWS IT. I don't think it can even be called a "competition". Warner Bros is so confident that they picked a date when another blockbuster--a FRANCHISE blockbuster-- was being released. That's insanely confident. But that's the power of Lord of the Rings. DOFP needs to start picking a new release date NOW, before they're all taken for summer 2014.

Last edited by blueserenity; 02-22-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #498
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
And I very much doubt that the general public out there is hankering after X4 in the same way that X-Men die-hards are. That movie was made to be a conclusion of the trilogy, so from the point of view of the public all those stories and characters have come to a natural end. It wasn't meant to create a "I wonder what happened next" feeling in movie-goers.
And yet the press keep asking the producers if they will ever make a X-Men 4 movie and the fake X-Men 4 trailer on YouTube got millions of views.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #499
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I don't want to see Shadowcat as the sole time traveler simply because she wasn't a major character in the previous movies unlike with Professor X and Wolverine. If they decided to pick Shadowcat as the sole time traveler, I think casual viewers would question the choice, they would prefer a more familiar and important character in the series.

Quote:
I want to see Patrick Stewart do opening narration.
I agree!

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-22-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #500
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
As it stands right now, heading into DOFP, FC is more in the forefront of moviegoer's minds than any kind of continuation of the original trilogy.
Do you really believe that? No my friend...it's most certainly is not.

You may be underestimating the appeal and success of the original trilogy and its cast. Remember, those films were grossing more and more with each release, with X3 actually breaking box office records. Their momentum was something that cannot be argued. Then, the franchise saw HUGE drop offs in sales for XOW and First Class. Now some may blame this on X3 leaving a bad taste, but if First Class was soooooooo good (which it was excellent, mind you), why did it actually gross LESS than the first film that came out 13 years ago? If it was really a standalone film it would've performed better on its own merits. The new cast just didn't appeal enough to everyone. No Wolverine, no Storm, No Cyclops, No Jean, etc., = no sales. Banshee, the spitting fly girl (can't even remember her name), Havok, etc., are NOT iconic even by Marvel readers' standards. I mean, even the trailers for FC weren't epic-looking. A guy that fires beams from his eyes, a woman who creates tornadoes to f*** up jets in mid-air, a man playing rubber band with the Golden Gate Bridge, see THA'TS the kind of s*** that sells movies. Few give a damn about a submarine being pulled out of water.

It's like comparing James Kirk, Spock and Uhura from the original Star Trek series to Captain Janeway, Tuvok and Chakotay of Star Trek: Voyager. Yeah it's all the same franchise but few people give a damn about the "spin-offs"...it's the originals that sparked their interest in the franchise in the first place!

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-22-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Closed Thread