The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #501
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

What if Rogue was the time traveller? She knows who Jean and Scott are and was in scenes with them in X2...I mean she was there when Jean choose to leave the Jet, she witnessed how Scott reacted when they all learned what Jean was doing.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #502
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

At any rate, I the new interview! It's great to read how excited Bryan is about it. And for the Hype user (I can't remember who it is now) who challenged my point about Bryan having drama with the powers-that-be at FOX over doing Superman Returns...the article confirms what so many of us already knew.

I'm thrilled to see his coyness about Jean and Scott. I think he's totally bringing them in this film. Their deaths are certainly on the list of utter s*** that needs to be fixed. And that being said, I actually think it bolds well for Storm too, whether she's one of the younger mutants he's referring to, Halle Berry herself in the dystopian future or best yet, BOTH!

If he brings back James/Cyclops, Famke/Jean, and basically every other original cast member--and doesn't include Halle/Storm that would be...just...I can't even explain how glaringly obvious that omission and slight that would be. There would be no f***ing way to explain it either.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-22-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #503
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Do you really believe that? No my friend...it's most certainly is not.

You may be underestimating the appeal and success of the original trilogy and its cast. Remember, those films were grossing more and more with each release, with X3 actually breaking box office records. Their momentum was something that cannot be argued. Then, the franchise saw HUGE drop offs in sales for XOW and First Class. Now some may blame this on X3 leaving a bad taste, but if First Class was soooooooo good (which it was excellent, mind you), why did it actually gross LESS than the first film that came out 13 years ago? If it was really a standalone film it would've performed better on its own merits. The new cast just didn't appeal enough to everyone. No Wolverine, no Storm, No Cyclops, No Jean, etc., = no sales. Banshee, the spitting fly girl (can't even remember her name), Havok, etc., are NOT iconic even by Marvel readers' standards.

It's like comparing James Kirk, Spock and Uhura from the original Star Trek series to Captain Janeway, Tuvok and Chakotay of Star Trek: Voyager. Yeah it's all the same franchise but few people give a damn about the "spin-offs"...it's the originals that sparked their interest in the franchise in the first place!
The spitting fire girl was Angel Salvadore.

I just wish FOX continued making a X-Men 4 movie after X-Men 3. After X3 came out, I had no interest whatsoever with the upcoming Wolverine movie and the other spin-offs that were in development. The time that I caught up to the latest news about Origins was when the trailer came out but I wasn't even posting here that much. I thought the movie was gonna be good because the director won an Oscars but the movie just sucked. I also had no interest when they announced making a 60s X-men movie. I only got invested when the trailer came out and that was like 5 to 4 months before the movie came out. But now the next next X-Men movie will feature the original cast, I'm more excited than ever than I was when I was waiting for X3 and posting in this board so much.

So I hope after this cross-over movie, FOX would go back on contuining the original series. If the Fast/Furious series got big when their most well-known actors/characters came back for Fast/Furious 4 then even got bigger with FastFive. I think X-Men will get the same reaction from the casual viewers if FOX decided to continue the original series.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #504
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yep article proves yeah ther was drama over him doing Superman returns.But,we knew that.

Halle Berry may be actor that he mentioned they were neograting with and hopefully will be In film.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #505
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
What if Rogue was the time traveller? She knows who Jean and Scott are and was in scenes with them in X2...I mean she was there when Jean choose to leave the Jet, she witnessed how Scott reacted when they all learned what Jean was doing.
I don't think it would have the same emotional impact compare to Professor X and Cyclops. Rogue just never had a 1-on-1 conversation/moments with those two.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #506
Hellion
He's Not Serious

I'm really officially excited for this film...I love all the films, and the more quality films we get, I'll always be happy. Personally, I hope we get three franchises--continuations of the FC universe, continuations of the Original series, and the DOFP universe. All the news has me excited, I wish I could just fast forward the time...

Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #507
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The spitting fire girl was Angel Salvadore.

I just wish FOX continued making a X-Men 4 movie after X-Men 3. After X3 came out, I had no interest whatsoever with the upcoming Wolverine movie and the other spin-offs that were in development. The time that I caught up to the latest news about Origins was when the trailer came out but I wasn't even posting here that much. I thought the movie was gonna be good because the director won an Oscars but the movie just sucked. I also had no interest when they announced making a 60s X-men movie. I only got invested when the trailer came out and that was like 5 to 4 months before the movie came out. But now the next next X-Men movie will feature the original cast, I'm more excited than ever than I was when I was waiting for X3 and posting in this board so much.

So I hope after this cross-over movie, FOX would go back on contuining the original series. If the Fast/Furious series got big when their most well-known actors/characters came back for Fast/Furious 4 then even got bigger with FastFive. I think X-Men will get the same reaction from the casual viewers if FOX decided to continue the original series.

Exactly right! I mean, it is this film's potential that brought me back to this forum and I've been around since X2! But even I lost interest after 2006 because 1.) I was pissed with X3's treatment of Xavier/Jean/Scott, 2.) I was SICK TO DEATH OF WOLVERINE and had zero interest in seeing his origin story for a goddamn 3rd time and 3.) FC didn't feature ANY characters I was really vested in. Bland powers, lack of epic displays, etc.

We'd seen Magneto's origin story done already. Wolverine's story done already. I was just kinda burned out because it was like FOX kept regurgitating the same s*** over and over again when you have all of these other characters on the sidelines vegetating for no reason.

So this film has me actually excited for the first time in years. Seeing Bryan tease about Jean and Scott and his non-"No" answer about Storm gives me such hope!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #508
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Personally, I hope we get three franchises--continuations of the FC universe, continuations of the Original series, and the DOFP universe. All the news has me excited, I wish I could just fast forward the time...
I think the DOFP period will be gone once the X-Men accomplished their mission in the 70s. So after the movie, I think it will just be the FC period and the altered present.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #509
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think the DOFP period will be gone once the X-Men accomplished their mission in the 70s. So after the movie, I think it will just be the FC period and the altered present.

That most likely will happen, but as long as we get awesome X-Films I'll be happy.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #510
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
I doubt it. Did she even speak to Jean or Scott in either of the films?

The time traveler will be either Xavier, Wolverine or Magneto. Or all three. They are the crux of this franchise and the only ones who have interacted thoroughly with every character that matters.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #511
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Exactly right! I mean, it is this film's potential that brought me back to this forum and I've been around since X2! But even I lost interest after 2006 because 1.) I was pissed with X3's treatment of Xavier/Jean/Scott, 2.) I was SICK TO DEATH OF WOLVERINE and had zero interest in seeing his origin story for a goddamn 3rd time and 3.) FC didn't feature ANY characters I was really vested in. Bland powers, lack of epic displays, etc.

We'd seen Magneto's origin story done already. Wolverine's story done already. I was just kinda burned out because it was like FOX kept regurgitating the same s*** over and over again when you have all of these other characters on the sidelines vegetating for no reason.

So this film has me actually excited for the first time in years. Seeing Bryan tease about Jean and Scott and his non-"No" answer about Storm gives me such hope!
Yeah I remember you way back in 2005, posting in Fantastic Four sections with the Jessica Alba avatar.

I also think if they decided to continue the original series after DOFP, they should also hire new/big actors to the series like for the new villains and new X-Men members. So FOX wouldn't just rely on the star power of Hugh Jackman and the original cast.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #512
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Well if it ain't Rogue, then its either Wolverine or Xavier...

Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #513
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I hope it's Xavier.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #514
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

If it's Wolverine, then perhaps he dies helping them stop Proto-Sentinel and with his death in the 70s basically undos X-Men 1-3....

Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #515
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Halle Berry may be actor that he mentioned they were neograting [sic] with and hopefully will be In film.
That's very much a possibility. Notice he never mentions the gender of the person he's referring to:

Quote:
There’s another person that we’re negotiating with right now, so hopefully that will work out and they’ll be a part of the movie as well.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #516
Lightning Strykez!

Somehow I don't think he's referring to Halle Berry. I think at this point, she, along with James and Famke are "givens" that he might be saving for announcing later at a critical point to boost the hype for the film.

I'm far more inclined to believe he's talking about securing another amazing actor on the level of someone like Dinklage. Perhaps for the role of President Nixon.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #517
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Yes that's what I said on another thread too. Bryan's wording of his answer did seem to hint that it would be a "big get" for the production a la Dinklage. But I just pointed out the fact that it could be read that it was Halle Berry's casting too (you know, just without the "big get" part ) since that didn't occur to me the first time I read the interview.

Edit: could it be the Nixon actor. Frank Langella keeps popping in my head... after all he was in Singer's SR.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #518
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Yes that's what I said on another thread too. Bryan's wording of his answer did seem to hint that it would be a "big get" for the production a la Dinklage. But I just pointed out the fact that it could be read that it was Halle Berry's casting too (you know, just without the "big get" part ) since that didn't occur to me the first time I read the interview.

Edit: could it be the Nixon actor. Frank Langella keeps popping in my head... after all he was in Singer's SR.
Bryan seems to really enjoy bringing actors from one franchise to another. Hoult was in XFC and is now on that Jack Beanstalk film. James Marsden was in X1 and X2 and Bryan then cast him in Superman Returns.

Perhaps it's Brandon Routh being cast for a role in DoFP. That announcement would instantly f*** up the minds up of millions of people all over the world. Kinda like Xavier's "Kill All The Humans" in X2.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #519
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you really believe that? No my friend...it's most certainly is not.
Yes I strongly believe that. The original trilogy ended 7 years ago. 7 years. And on a SOUR note to boot. Those characters and their stories definitely are not on the forefront of moviegoer's minds. FC is what's fresh and new. FC was very well received and has the hotter buzz worthy names headlining it's cast. That's why, right now, its the series with more interest.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #520
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
Yes I strongly believe that. The original trilogy ended 7 years ago. 7 years. And on a SOUR note to boot. Those characters and their stories definitely are not on the forefront of moviegoer's minds. FC is what's fresh and new. FC was very well received and has the hotter buzz worthy names headlining it's cast. That's why, right now, its the series with more interest.
Lol, that just isn't true. It's the series that you find more interesting, but not the majority. The majority has X3 as the freshest X-movie on their minds, like it or not. That's just the way it is. Hell, the majority even think X3 was the best one of the franchise. Now that I can't agree with, but it's true that they think it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #521
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Bryan seems to really enjoy bringing actors from one franchise to another. Hoult was in XFC and is now on that Jack Beanstalk film. James Marsden was in X1 and X2 and Bryan then cast him in Superman Returns.

Perhaps it's Brandon Routh being cast for a role in DoFP. That announcement would instantly f*** up the minds up of millions of people all over the world. Kinda like Xavier's "Kill All The Humans" in X2.
Lmao, I imagine everyone simultaneously getting on their knees and gripping their heads in sheer pain if that happens.

Like Stryker, most fans would be yelling out, "Impossible!".

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-23-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #522
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Lol, that just isn't true. It's the series that you find more interesting, but not the majority. The majority has X3 as the freshest X-movie on their minds, like it or not. That's just the way it is.
Too much time has past for that to be the case IMO. The movie that's freshest on peoples minds is the positively reviewed movie that came out a couple years ago that has the likes of Fassbender and Lawrence headlining. As opposed to the mediocre(at best) movie that came out 7years ago.

Quote:
Hell, the majority even think X3 was the best one of the franchise. Now that I can't agree with, but it's true that they think it.
And you are basing that on what? X3 was poorly received by fans and critics alike. From what I've seen X2 is regarded as the classic and favorite of this franchise. Don't know what "majority" you're looking at.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 AM   #523
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
You probably didn't notice or witness the impact that the original trilogy had when they were released in the theaters. First Class never had much buzz and attention unlike X3 had way back in 2006 and X2 had way back in 2003. I felt like those two movies were advertised everywhere, the cast appeared in a lot of TV shows, awards shows, they were really popular. And the 1st X-Men movie felt really new, it was the start of an era. And when those movies were released, they were the #1 comic-book of the year when it comes to box-office numbers.

With First Class, unless you go to the websites like this, people just assumed that it was just a 1-thing movie that will not get a sequel. And cast members like Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender didn't receive a lot of buzz because of First Class. Jennifer Lawrence is popular right now because of The Hunger Games and the Oscar nominations that she received. Michael Fassbender got some buzz last year because of Prometheus and the nominations that he received for his work on Shame.

Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry and the original cast are still the face of the X-Men series whether you like or not. And it has nothing to do whether First Class is better or not.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-23-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #524
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Too much time has past for that to be the case IMO. The movie that's freshest on peoples minds is the positively reviewed movie that came out a couple years ago that has the likes of Fassbender and Lawrence headlining. As opposed to the mediocre(at best) movie that came out 7years ago.

And you are basing that on what? X3 was poorly received by fans and critics alike. From what I've seen X2 is regarded as the classic and favorite of this franchise. Don't know what "majority" you're looking at.
It doesn't matter how much time has passed. If anything, that gives X3 an advantage because more and more people have seen it over the years. Not nearly as many have talked about FC as they do TLS. It's most likely because of all of the cool added mutants and action. They don't have the same problems with the movie that we do. I'm saying this from talking to people in my everyday life about the X-Men movies over the years. They always choose to talk about X3 for some reason, and some also mention X2(the nightcrawler movie). I've seen less mention X1, and even less than that mention FC.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #525
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

X3 has a 73% user/audience rating (980,559 user ratings) on Rotten Tomatoes. Just because fans and critics hated the movie, it doesn't mean everybody hated it.

And this "too much time has past, XFC is the freshest on people's mind" argument that you are saying is what I call "recent movie bias" or for TV shows its "recent season bias". Just because its the latest, it doesn't mean its the most popular film in the series. Thats like saying Revenge of the Sith is the most popular Star Wars film because the first three movies were released like 2 decades ago.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Closed Thread