The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #26
Robin's Holyisms
Side-Kick

Default Re: 1966 Batman Movie Masters Official Discussion Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'd say she's guaranteed. She was a main hero character on the show.
Well there are actually rumors going around, about her refusing to allow any merchandisers to use her likeness for Batgirl figures.

Robin's Holyisms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #27
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
this is bugging me. WHY are they making figures from the 60s show but NOT from the other live action films? wheres the keaton batman and nicholson joker? wheres catwoman and devito penguin? jim vcarrey riddler?? mattel, we NEED THESE.

however the 60s figs do indeed look awsome!
don't be surprised if we see Keaton Batman movie figures soon as well. guy I know who used to be in the toy business,and used to own his own toy company and still works in movies knows a lot about rights and likenesses and the various deals therein. he said right before Toy Fair that whatever it was that prevented the Batman 89 and BR licences from being full exploited started to get cleared up last year ( see Hot Toys), and now it's been FULLY cleared up! and just a couple days later, an 18" Keaton! so maybe,just maybe,we'll finally be able to get MM's from at least B89 and BR !

Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #28
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
this is bugging me. WHY are they making figures from the 60s show but NOT from the other live action films? wheres the keaton batman and nicholson joker? wheres catwoman and devito penguin? jim vcarrey riddler?? mattel, we NEED THESE.
Also I'm a little disappointed in the sculpts. They don't really look like the actors. Though, I guess that's been done purposely since the makers prolly haveta give them a cut of the cheddar.

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
the lineup's so far:

Series 1:

Batman
Riddler
Penguin
Surfing Batman

"Heroes of Gotham" 2-pack with Batman and EXCLUSIVE to this set Robin

Series 2:

Joker
Catwoman
????????
????????

now,i'm going to go out on not too much of a limb here and say one of those last 2 will be surfing Joker. but NO idea who the last one will be. they have all likeness rights,so it could be anyone. another villain like Mr. Freeze?perhaps Egghead or King Tut,2 of the other higher profile villains? perhaps a secondary character like Alfred or Gordon? maybe even BATGIRL??!!!

though I would think,since they're making vehicles,they'd keepBatgirlas an exclusive that comes with her Batcycle.
One of them should be Alan Napier's Alfred. C'Mon, we got a great TDKR Alfred, Let's up the ante!!!

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #30
Robin's Holyisms
Side-Kick

Right well this completely debunks the rumor that I first heard about on the 1966 Batman Message boards.

Quote:
Sent: 28 February 2013 18:29:18

The short answer is no, that is completely false. Iím only too happy to
let them use my likeness (as I have for the Star Trek Marta character)
provided I am compensated for such (as I am and have been for some time
by Viacom with regards to the Marta character).
Glad you asked as this is how false rumors get started. Perhaps I should
put something up on my site as I am receiving questions regarding this
issue.

Robin's Holyisms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #31
geetard
The Amazon Smile

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/05/19/batman-66-figuers/

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #32
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

I've seen these listed on a number of collector sites as well as Amazon.com, and not one of them has said anything about them being "Movie Masters", seeing as they are all from the TV show. (Batman with the surf board is from an episode entitled "Surf's Up", I believe, and Catwoman is the Julie Newmar version, not Lee Merriweather from the one movie) all I've seen is the designation "Batman Classic TV Series" figures. Not even the links or pics say anything about them being "Movie Masters" Where did you get your info from?

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 05-20-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #33
Raindog421
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I've seen these listed on a number of collector sites as well as Amazon.com, and not one of them has said anything about them being "Movie Masters", seeing as they are all from the TV show. (Batman with the surf board is from an episode entitled "Surf's Up", I believe, and Catwoman is the Julie Newmar version, not Lee Merriweather from the one movie) all I've seen is the designation "Batman Classic TV Series" figures. Not even the links or pics say anything about them being "Movie Masters" Where did you get your info from?

I'm just curious what is the difference about what they are called? I am not "totally" schooled on what makes "Movie Masters" Movie Masters. IMO though this Catwoman blows the Anne Catwoman away.

Raindog421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #34
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

I've been told they're the same size as the previous Movie Masters released,right at about the 6" mark. so while not "technically" movie masters,they will be the same size and have the same articulation.

BUT...Entertainment Earth says they'll be in the DCUC scale,which is more like 7". which is contrary to what I've previously heard. guess we won't know for sure til production pieces start leaking out.

Last edited by mikey1974; 05-21-2013 at 02:13 PM.
mikey1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #35
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog421 View Post
I'm just curious what is the difference about what they are called? I am not "totally" schooled on what makes "Movie Masters" Movie Masters. IMO though this Catwoman blows the Anne Catwoman away.

Mattel has been releasing all their 6" scale movie figures under a "Movie Masters" umbrella since 2008,including:

The Dark Knight
Green Lantern
The Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel

they are smaller that the regular DC figures mattel makes. they stand at exactly 6" tall, while the DC stuff is more around the 7" scale. considering that they are based on a live action property, and I've been told (possibly falsely) that they are in the same scale and have the same articulation as Movie Masters figures,it seemed likely they would be placed under that umbrella as well. if they're not,oh well. REALLY not a big deal!

Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #36
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

No, not a big deal, it's just that, as Spock once said, "I endeavor to be accurate.", simply because it might cause confusion to someone looking for these under that label and not finding them.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #37
Raindog421
Side-Kick

Wow those Green Lantern Movie Masters don't seem like they went so well. Around here you can get the whole line for about 8$ still. The thing I am most confused about with the 66 figures is Bats cape looks cloth in some pics and some stiff. Bigora...I wish they would just release these.

Last edited by Raindog421; 05-21-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Raindog421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #38
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

I'm fairly certain the capes are cloth,just by the way it kinda billows out in the back on Batman and Robin:

if they were some type of sculpt,I think they would lay flatter to the body:

that brings up this,though:

The Batman is exactly the same as the single-carded one,and obviously we've seen the Robin with his cape down. so either there's some kind of posing feature in the cloth capes ( putting poseable wire in is not unheard of,and they did it to one of the 5" Batman Begins figures back in 2005,so it can be done at a smaller scale), or that's just a manipulated picture showing how the capes would look if you hung them up sideways on the wall.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #39
The Villain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
the lineup's so far:

Series 1:

Batman
Riddler
Penguin
Surfing Batman

"Heroes of Gotham" 2-pack with Batman and EXCLUSIVE to this set Robin

Series 2:

Joker
Catwoman
????????
????????

now,i'm going to go out on not too much of a limb here and say one of those last 2 will be surfing Joker. but NO idea who the last one will be. they have all likeness rights,so it could be anyone. another villain like Mr. Freeze?perhaps Egghead or King Tut,2 of the other higher profile villains? perhaps a secondary character like Alfred or Gordon? maybe even BATGIRL??!!!

though I would think,since they're making vehicles,they'd keepBatgirlas an exclusive that comes with her Batcycle.
Tell you who i'd also love to see Mad Hatter, Egghead, Freeze (otto preminger version), Chief o Hara, & False Face.

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote