Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #201
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Your right, and all I can say is I'm sorry. I understand how it is waiting and wanting more. I fully intended to post more pics the next day after posting my initial first Pic.

These Pics were taken on a dead phone (as of now it is dead), the new phone is giving question marks when placing the Micro SD card into the new phone, only one pic registered (I don't get it?), and thats the one i posted. The computer I am on right now does not have a micro SD slot (I intend to get an adapter). The Pic I uploaded was sent to my Facebook from my current Phone (which is the only way I know how to get it to the iternet), which Facebook resized the Pic and made the resolution crap! I copied my pic from my facebook and posted here. Trust me, this pizzes me off! That Pic I posted is not being seen as I am seeing it! It's actually MUCH clearer and just awesome!!!

Give me some time to figure this out, I'll get more up. I literally woke up, went over to my restaraunt, closed, and got home about 1am (my restaraunt is an hour away from where I live, heck of a drive).

Me and the woman just two Tuesday's ago purchase a second restaraunt in Lockport IL, thats just another stressful addition I am dealing with (TONS of paper work, banks, the government, Health inspections, etc etc etc! The list goes on)

This is my situation, lots to do in very little time. I am trying, my love for this movie and all you on here is 2nd priority at the moment, sorry for saying that, but my personal life and family come first.

I pride myself on my integrity, which is why I apologized, and yes, I am a bit embarressed aswell, as I did say something I was unable to come through on. I also stated in my post last night that I am giving no time frame on Pic posting, I expected to be able to get these up quicker, I just have not had the time.

If anyone wants to disrespect me based on what I just said, I will take it pesonal. I told you people personal info about my life that people who I deal with on a daily basis don't even know. Be respectful, seriously, this whole Pic situation is getting out of hand, I honestly regret posting that Pic.

Ether

People need to practice patience...take your time. I'd rather see great clarity pics instead of poor quality pics.

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #202
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
People need to practice patience...
Especially this guy:

Kal-El.9859: "dammit Ether....WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?"

Kal-El.9859: "time to hunt him down!"

Kal-El.9859: "I hope he posts a new photo so I can go to bed"

Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #203
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Your right, and all I can say is I'm sorry. I understand how it is waiting and wanting more. I fully intended to post more pics the next day after posting my initial first Pic.

These Pics were taken on a dead phone (as of now it is dead), the new phone is giving question marks when placing the Micro SD card into the new phone, only one pic registered (I don't get it?), and thats the one i posted. The computer I am on right now does not have a micro SD slot (I intend to get an adapter). The Pic I uploaded was sent to my Facebook from my current Phone (which is the only way I know how to get it to the iternet), which Facebook resized the Pic and made the resolution crap! I copied my pic from my facebook and posted here. Trust me, this pizzes me off! That Pic I posted is not being seen as I am seeing it! It's actually MUCH clearer and just awesome!!!

Give me some time to figure this out, I'll get more up. I literally woke up, went over to my restaraunt, closed, and got home about 1am (my restaraunt is an hour away from where I live, heck of a drive).

Me and the woman just two Tuesday's ago purchase a second restaraunt in Lockport IL, thats just another stressful addition I am dealing with (TONS of paper work, banks, the government, Health inspections, etc etc etc! The list goes on)

This is my situation, lots to do in very little time. I am trying, my love for this movie and all you on here is 2nd priority at the moment, sorry for saying that, but my personal life and family come first.

I pride myself on my integrity, which is why I apologized, and yes, I am a bit embarressed aswell, as I did say something I was unable to come through on. I also stated in my post last night that I am giving no time frame on Pic posting, I expected to be able to get these up quicker, I just have not had the time.

If anyone wants to disrespect me based on what I just said, I will take it pesonal. I told you people personal info about my life that people who I deal with on a daily basis don't even know. Be respectful, seriously, this whole Pic situation is getting out of hand, I honestly regret posting that Pic.

Ether
Do we need to hear the hurdles that you go through? Let's be real, you are technically leaking images that you did not get permission from WB correct? I'm sure there was a level of trust between you and whoever hired you on the set to not take photos and than leak them online. The majority of the posters here don't know you, we don't know if you are telling the truth. You may have family, you may have a couple of businesses that is giving you stress, so apologizes for the stresses in your life, but guess what, we don't need to hear it, post that at the Community form. It's insulting to presume that you think the posters here have no lifes. It's not like we're on the boards 24/7 waiting for you to post pics, we have lifes too and some of us also have hurdles in our lifes.

You say that your phone died and the microSD card doesn't work on your new phone, and that only one image somehow comes through and you posted it. So, knowing that your phone died and that your microSD doesn't recognize all your photos except for one image, you post that one pic and tell everybody here that you are posting more the next day? Oh, and what's interesting is that you post ANOTHER pic of you on the steps of Clark St.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So where did you get that second pic from, the MICROSD card that you say doesn't work on your new phone? Come on, be honest, you conjured this lie recently right?

Sorry if this sounds rude, but somebody had to say it. If your story is true, than take care of it, but guess what, we don't need to know. If you have them post it, if you don't, oh well.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #204
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
Do we need to hear the hurdles that you go through? Let's be real, you are technically leaking images that you did not get permission from WB correct? I'm sure there was a level of trust between you and whoever hired you on the set to not take photos and than leak them online. The majority of the posters here don't know you, we don't know if you are telling the truth. You may have family, you may have a couple of businesses that is giving you stress, so apologizes for the stresses in your life, but guess what, we don't need to hear it, post that at the Community form. It's insulting to presume that you think the posters here have no lifes. It's not like we're on the boards 24/7 waiting for you to post pics, we have lifes too and some of us also have hurdles in our lifes.

You say that your phone died and the microSD card doesn't work on your new phone, and that only one image somehow comes through and you posted it. So, knowing that your phone died and that your microSD doesn't recognize all your photos except for one image, you post that one pic and tell everybody here that you are posting more the next day? Oh, and what's interesting is that you post ANOTHER pic of you on the steps of Clark St.
So where did you get that second pic from, the MICROSD card that you say doesn't work on your new phone? Come on, be honest, you conjured this lie recently right?

Sorry if this sounds rude, but somebody had to say it. If your story is true, than take care of it, but guess what, we don't need to know. If you have them post it, if you don't, oh well.

Last edited by G.Godfrey; 02-15-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #205
matthancock
Newbie First Class

Quote:
It IS rude and no, nobody HAD to say it. Ether is a standup guy - known him for almost a year now and the guy responded to the comments made and he did so in an apologetic manner (which he certainly didn't have to).

If you don't care about his situation, that's fine. You're not obligated to, but don't treat the guy like crap just because he hasn't posted more pics from the set of a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. He didn't make assumptions about others, he simply stated that HE has things to deal with that trump posting pics.

I'm sticking up for him because he's a personal friend of mine and we talk often so I know for a fact that he has alot to deal with, and it's moreso than he even elaborated on. The only reason he replied with explanations is because several people called him out and basically called him a liar.

Seriously, respect for others has nearly gone out the window completely.

That is all.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #206
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #207
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
No one is disrespecting you, but it'd be cool if you could leave all of the melodrama out of this. You're a busy guy. We get it. Cool, dude.

You just have to forgive a few of us (like myself) who have been here for years and have seen this exact situation unfold time and time again. Someone waltzes in, claims to have something that no one else has, and then disappears and leaves people chomping at the bit. Naturally, there's always a few people (like myself) who call the bluff and complain, and then there's a bunch of people who will worship you, stand by your side, defend you, try their hardest to NOT upset you whatsoever (as we've seen here)...simply because they just really want what you claim to have!

There is no "situation" here other than a few die-hard Superman fans looking to get their hands on some unseen pics. YOU created a situation by teasing people with a picture. Then you claimed you wanted to hold off on the rest to "build anticipation" or something like that until the next day. Then you disappeared. Then you come back and give us a convoluted story about SD cards and how busy you are. (BTW, I don't think anyone was exactly begging you to give us your "personal info" that you don't share with other people but thanks nonetheless)

So basically, you should NOT regret posting that picture because there's nothing wrong with wanting to share your passion with others. It's commemorable and I would have wanted to do the same. However, you should regret going about it the way that you have. As I said before, you should be happy that this MOS forum is quite dead these days, otherwise people would be all over your case like moths to a flame.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #208
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthancock View Post
It IS rude and no, nobody HAD to say it. Ether is a standup guy - known him for almost a year now and the guy responded to the comments made and he did so in an apologetic manner (which he certainly didn't have to).

If you don't care about his situation, that's fine. You're not obligated to, but don't treat the guy like crap just because he hasn't posted more pics from the set of a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. He didn't make assumptions about others, he simply stated that HE has things to deal with that trump posting pics.

I'm sticking up for him because he's a personal friend of mine and we talk often so I know for a fact that he has alot to deal with, and it's moreso than he even elaborated on. The only reason he replied with explanations is because several people called him out and basically called him a liar.

Seriously, respect for others has nearly gone out the window completely.

That is all.

I'd just like to point out that I don't think anyone has called him a liar, and like you, I completely believe that he DOES have the pictures and that his story is true. There's nothing worse than a liar who comes to a place like this to cause trouble, and I know that's not what Ether has done here. BUT, he has unintentionally appeared that way to some extent which is unfortunate for him and for us.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #209
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
No one is disrespecting you, but it'd be cool if you could leave all of the melodrama out of this. You're a busy guy. We get it. Cool, dude.

You just have to forgive a few of us (like myself) who have been here for years and have seen this exact situation unfold time and time again. Someone waltzes in, claims to have something that no one else has, and then disappears and leaves people chomping at the bit. Naturally, there's always a few people (like myself) who call the bluff and complain, and then there's a bunch of people who will worship you, stand by your side, defend you, try their hardest to NOT upset you whatsoever (as we've seen here)...simply because they just really want what you claim to have!

There is no "situation" here other than a few die-hard Superman fans looking to get their hands on some unseen pics. YOU created a situation by teasing people with a picture. Then you claimed you wanted to hold off on the rest to "build anticipation" or something like that until the next day. Then you disappeared. Then you come back and give us a convoluted story about SD cards and how busy you are. (BTW, I don't think anyone was exactly begging you to give us your "personal info" that you don't share with other people but thanks nonetheless)

So basically, you should NOT regret posting that picture because there's nothing wrong with wanting to share your passion with others. It's commemorable and I would have wanted to do the same. However, you should regret going about it the way that you have. As I said before, you should be happy that this MOS forum is quite dead these days, otherwise people would be all over your case like moths to a flame.
This post is more like a "nicer" version of my post below

Quote:

Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #210
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Some of you are making a way too big a deal over this. If I didn't know what was going on I'd have thought he promised to share a link to leaked cut of the movie or something.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #211
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Some of you are making a way too big a deal over this. If I didn't know what was going on I'd have thought he promised to share a link to leaked cut of the movie or something.
DID SOMEBODY SAY LEAKED CUT OF THE MOVIE?!?!?!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #212
matthancock
Newbie First Class

[QUOTE=theShape;25195197]I'd just like to point out that I don't think anyone has called him a liarQUOTE]

The Director's quote - "you conjured this lie recently right?"

Just replying. Not going to comment on this any further.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #213
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.godfrey View Post
some of you are making a way too big a deal over this. If i didn't know what was going on i'd have thought he promised to share a link to leaked cut of the movie or something.
you think.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #214
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
a few of us [...] have seen this exact situation unfold time and time again.
Yep. When a thread goes in this direction, it is best just to scan it without reading, to see if any images have been posted.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #215
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

It seems a bit dramatic from both sides if you ask me,let's all just forget about it and if he posts any more pics then great,if not then tough for us.

Last edited by Greeneyes; 02-15-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Because I'm worth it
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #216
GreenKToo
In the fire

Good lawd....wheres my popcorn.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #217
UaalaDan
Banned User

This dude still hasnt posted the picture? Jesus. All the time he took to write the previous post he could've posted at least 5 images if he wanted. I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of hearing excuses.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #218
fanboiii
disciple of truth

How about everyone think it doesn't exist and forget about it until it does appear. Much healthier that way.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man."

Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #219
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Comedy gold in this thread.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #220
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

lets all begin a chant that starts here and ends at WB/DC and will continue that chant until we get what we want.

"WE WANT MOS PROMO PIX!!! WE WANT MOS PROMO PIX!!!"

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #221
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Comedy gold in this thread.
Yup, really cheering me up this evening

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #222
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Comedy?

Some face palms maybe,but I wouldn't exactly say my sides were splitting

Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #223
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Especially this guy:

Kal-El.9859: "dammit Ether....WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?"

Kal-El.9859: "time to hunt him down!"

Kal-El.9859: "I hope he posts a new photo so I can go to bed"

Hahaha...yeah I know right?!? That guy is crazy! I was totally joking. If he posts more pics, he posts more pics...if not, oh well

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #224
RustyCage
Come what may..

Wow.

To whom it may apply:

If he's legit and releases them, great. If he's not and doesn't, move on. There's nothing you can do but wait and see. Don't count on it happening, but if he surprises you, yay.

There is literally nothing else to get involved in emotionally here.

You're only giving yourself a very unnecessary headache.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #225
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Yep. When a thread goes in this direction, it is best just to scan it without reading, to see if any images have been posted.
This guys knows what I'm talkin' about.

And why is everyone acting like this is the most annoying thing in the world and we shouldn't be talking about this? There is literally nothing else to discuss here right now, so who cares? It's okay that a page or two of this thread has been devoted to this stupid picture fiasco. Let's just remember who started the whole thing.