More like TDK (darker more realistic tone) 5 8.47%
Middle of the road (drama with colourful elements) 47 79.66%
Other 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #101
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: The tone/mood for ASM2

As I said in another topic, I have a feeling ASM2 might take place alot more in daytime due to the new picture we have, thus also make the film feel lighter compared to ASM. The new suit blends more well with daylight I think and it seems the picture kinda wanted to give off that vibe as well.

Also, with Rhino in the picture I can see this film going more for a TSSM feeling. Why? Because I think ASM wasn't successful enough and Arad & Co went like "screw this, TSSM is extremely popular among fans, lets take that route instead".

I also think Spidey might be part of the MU and that Marvel maybe wants the Spidey solo films to feel more like theirs.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #102
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I just want a Spider-Man film that I can love again. That's all I ask for. It would be fitting that it's been ten years since and in 2014, I am a fan of a live-action Spider-Man film again.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #103
nbanflguy
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: The tone/mood for ASM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
Lol and TDKR is overrated and full of badly edited scenes and poor, lazy writing. Not just poorly edited scenes, but nonsensical scenes, but oh I can already see you starting to formulate a defense against this post, because you can talk crap about TASM all you want, but NO ONE is right when if comes to TDKR. You rated it a 10/10. Yeah, that says something about your "running in place" type of thinking when it come to TASM, just waiting for someone to come around and say something that you can't help but compulsively respond to, then just let that person pass right now by. Congratulations, you've made yourself out to be a pretenius A-hole. But what else can you expect from someone who gave TDKR a 10/10? Probably instilled a superiority complex into that movie.
Joe Kickass just became my favorite poster

nbanflguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #104
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lawl.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #105
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I voted for The Avengers type of tone.

I definitely didn't like the tone/mood of TASM1. It felt a bit dark and an indie movie because of the camera shots.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #106
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

If the new costume is anything to go by they are going lighter because the costume is more cartoony than gritty and that may reflect a more light hearted approach the movie may take.

Last edited by spider-neil; 02-26-2013 at 03:14 AM.
spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #107
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Spiderman has always been deceptively light to me.

He's super lighthearted, but underneath, it's all heavy.

Spiderman is all about dealing with death at the centre.

I think the films both do a good job. Webb's was slightly awkward due to it being highly contrasted, playing it goofy and 'movie/comic-like' (bending the post, breaking the backboard, etc), and then scenes which are so unbelievably realistic and heavy. Raimi's were somehow more in the middle, despite the amount of Peter crying scenes, while still bringing a fair amount of weight (just not enough in key moments, like Harry's death).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #108
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Also...reasoned criticism? REALLY? You badmouth everything that I actually defend just to sound spiteful.
Eh?

Its the otherway round in here

You cant stop yourself if someone praises the movie

Also you are right,there are many who didnt completely love the movie or hated it,but as I said,there is a difference between constructive criticism and spiteful hating

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #109
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I voted for The Avengers type of tone.

I definitely didn't like the tone/mood of TASM1. It felt a bit dark and an indie movie because of the camera shots.
Can't agree with the top, but the bold...I so agree on. It's like they were still trying to find a right tone while filming the damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Eh?

Its the otherway round in here

You cant stop yourself if someone praises the movie

Also you are right,there are many who didnt completely love the movie or hated it,but as I said,there is a difference between constructive criticism and spiteful hating

The other way around, really?

I bring up Connors' lab coat being used as fan service and you immediately argue the same about Crane's coat having straw coming through it. That wasn't being spiteful from you? How about when I talk about the fight scenes and you only bring up TDK trilogy's fight scenes?

And please...there is no such thing as saying what I have is spiteful hating AT ALL. I can just not enjoy a film, and that is clearly not my fault. It's not the Spider-Man I like or ever wanted to see.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #110
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

It's going to be dark. That's a given. They've done AWESOME research about being an adoptee. The worst time for many of us, contrary to those who weren't orphaned, is our birthdays and graduation. It's the first time graduation will truly be bitter sweet on screen. Seeing the focus on graduation is actually no surprise at all following that this trilogy deals with Peter's parents.

Gwen's dad isn't there for her. Harry's mom isn't there for him. Peter's uncle and parents aren't there for him. It's gonna be a really dark and somber film about meeting many ghosts and in the end triumphing while graduation plays out in the end just like a funeral would in a film pretty much.

I'm not saying it will be emo. But those looking for it to be happy will be in for a surprise. They chose graduation for a reason. Spider-Man will seem happy and joyous, throwing one liners but that's his defense mechanism. It's his mask. I should know. My mask is exactly the same. Spidey will seem happy, Peter in quieter moments will be a lot worse off with graduation looming than the last film.

It may sound morbid. Unsure how many can understand what graduation means to those who have lost a parent, but it isn't the usual experience for sure. And remember this Peter is very exploring the angst of being orphaned more "chip on his shoulder." I forget, but I even think I heard Electro's mom dies in this... we aren't looking at a "happy graduation" because that would be MORBID for these characters. It's a time of being with your parents, but if your parents are dead? It's just a constant mine of triggers seeing what you've lost. And from the amount of research they proved to have done last time? As said, graduation makes perfect sense- just not for the reasons most people associate with it.

So those saying "graduation is a happy time!" Maybe for YOU. But it's a more complex time for people who didn't have their parents there. For them to be happy would seriously disneyify everything into an extremely morbid state of mind. Nobody is happy when their parental figure has died before that milestone. They're looking into the crowd thinking of who isn't there.

Remember Ang and everyone threw around TEXT BOOK terminology that all orphans know in the previous film's interviews leading into it. So, they know this.

If it wasn't to be dark- they would set it far away from graduation either the summer after or college or something like that when "fun" would be there. These guys wouldn't be that unknowing that they'd make graduation a "fun" time for all its supporting characters who are grieving loss at this point. Not at what is half celebration, half eulogy.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 02-26-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #111
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can't agree with the top, but the bold...I so agree on. It's like they were still trying to find a right tone while filming the damn thing.

The other way around, really?

I bring up Connors' lab coat being used as fan service and you immediately argue the same about Crane's coat having straw coming through it. That wasn't being spiteful from you? How about when I talk about the fight scenes and you only bring up TDK trilogy's fight scenes?

And please...there is no such thing as saying what I have is spiteful hating AT ALL. I can just not enjoy a film, and that is clearly not my fault. It's not the Spider-Man I like or ever wanted to see.
I bring up Batman because that is a trilogy you rate nearly 10/10 and its hilarious when you pick out flaws from TASM or the Raimi trilogy all the while defending similar flaws for the Dark Knight trilogy.You are one big biased person

As for spiteful hating,I've seen enough.'Why werent there cuts on JJJ's back to show his injuries' 'Why wasnt there a case against Spider-man because a guy wearing a shirt with a spider logo killed someone''

Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #112
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Spider-Man 2.

THIS time...let's have something different, yah?
On paper explained like that it would be pretty much the same

but for one, name one scene in Spider-Man 2 where Spidey stopped criminals during day time. I just realized myself, there is none. Also, in Spider-Man 2 it was pretty much central to the story that he missed classes, here it could be used for light comic relief, like in TSSM, and nothing more. Kinda glanced over, ya know what I mean?

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #113
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
I bring up Batman because that is a trilogy you rate nearly 10/10 and its hilarious when you pick out flaws from TASM or the Raimi trilogy all the while defending similar flaws for the Dark Knight trilogy.You are one big biased person

As for spiteful hating,I've seen enough.'Why werent there cuts on JJJ's back to show his injuries' 'Why wasnt there a case against Spider-man because a guy wearing a shirt with a spider logo killed someone''
The Nolan movies are riddled with holes. I've watched Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers on YouTube and they pick out all the holes and there a lot of them.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #114
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
It's going to be dark. That's a given. They've done AWESOME research about being an adoptee. The worst time for many of us, contrary to those who weren't orphaned, is our birthdays and graduation. It's the first time graduation will truly be bitter sweet on screen. Seeing the focus on graduation is actually no surprise at all following that this trilogy deals with Peter's parents.

Gwen's dad isn't there for her. Harry's mom isn't there for him. Peter's uncle and parents aren't there for him. It's gonna be a really dark and somber film about meeting many ghosts and in the end triumphing while graduation plays out in the end just like a funeral would in a film pretty much.

I'm not saying it will be emo. But those looking for it to be happy will be in for a surprise. They chose graduation for a reason. Spider-Man will seem happy and joyous, throwing one liners but that's his defense mechanism. It's his mask. I should know. My mask is exactly the same. Spidey will seem happy, Peter in quieter moments will be a lot worse off with graduation looming than the last film.

It may sound morbid. Unsure how many can understand what graduation means to those who have lost a parent, but it isn't the usual experience for sure. And remember this Peter is very exploring the angst of being orphaned more "chip on his shoulder." I forget, but I even think I heard Electro's mom dies in this... we aren't looking at a "happy graduation" because that would be MORBID for these characters. It's a time of being with your parents, but if your parents are dead? It's just a constant mine of triggers seeing what you've lost. And from the amount of research they proved to have done last time? As said, graduation makes perfect sense- just not for the reasons most people associate with it.

So those saying "graduation is a happy time!" Maybe for YOU. But it's a more complex time for people who didn't have their parents there. For them to be happy would seriously disneyify everything into an extremely morbid state of mind. Nobody is happy when their parental figure has died before that milestone. They're looking into the crowd thinking of who isn't there.

Remember Ang and everyone threw around TEXT BOOK terminology that all orphans know in the previous film's interviews leading into it. So, they know this.

If it wasn't to be dark- they would set it far away from graduation either the summer after or college or something like that when "fun" would be there. These guys wouldn't be that unknowing that they'd make graduation a "fun" time for all its supporting characters who are grieving loss at this point. Not at what is half celebration, half eulogy.

Pretty much this.

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #115
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Bringing up something just because I view it as better is being spiteful. It's not dealing with what's at hand, which is The Amazing Spider-Man since that's what is the main focus on these threads. You proved my point in your first sentence, so thanks.

Quote:
That's not spiteful hating, that's just a nitpick of a film that I actually like. Do you know what spiteful hating is? Usually it's used when someone actually, you know, HATES a film, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
On paper explained like that it would be pretty much the same

but for one, name one scene in Spider-Man 2 where Spidey stopped criminals during day time. I just realized myself, there is none. Also, in Spider-Man 2 it was pretty much central to the story that he missed classes, here it could be used for light comic relief, like in TSSM, and nothing more. Kinda glanced over, ya know what I mean?
You're bringing up scenes, not just ideas that the film presents, which would feel like Spider-Man 2 if TAS-M 2 is going down the road of Peter Parker once again having to struggle and juggle through everything. I just hope for something different, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The Nolan movies are riddled with holes. I've watched Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers on YouTube and they pick out all the holes and there a lot of them.
You believe "trailers" that marks the DC logo as a flaw/mistake/issue with the film?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #116
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
While Cinema Sins (ugh I hate those vids) are true about some things, they mostly reach alot and grasp for straws just to make the vid longer and in an attempt to be funny.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #117
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^

Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #118
cwere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post

Pretty much sums what I think will happen

Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #119
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bringing up something just because I view it as better is being spiteful. It's not dealing with what's at hand, which is The Amazing Spider-Man since that's what is the main focus on these threads. You proved my point in your first sentence, so thanks.
Excuse me but who comes up with 'they copied BB' and 'If there was no BB there wouldnt be no TASM' type of posts?
If there is someone obsessed with TDK trilogy and with hating TASM,we know who it is

Quote:
That's not spiteful hating, that's just a nitpick of a film that I actually like. Do you know what spiteful hating is? Usually it's used when someone actually, you know, HATES a film, lol.
Its clutching at straws to find flaws in a film,which you do with every Spider-man film save SM2 all the while defending huge flaws in TDK trilogy which almost everyone agrees to

Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #120
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Excuse me but who comes up with 'they copied BB' and 'If there was no BB there wouldnt be no TASM' type of posts?
If there is someone obsessed with TDK trilogy and with hating TASM,we know who it is
This is your shtick, and this is why you become so irritating and annoying. You try to make one point that you assume it's "logic", I bring that point to a close so you jump unto another one. Quit it AGAIN before we start another "debate" that lasts for many pages to come.

And I am right when I say TAS-M takes cues from BB that doesn't work well with TAS-M(and when did telling the truth become spiteful hating?), but again, that is BB, when you bring up the entire TDK trilogy. Again, you prove my point that you're now, as you always do, just throwing stuff to see if you can make something out of nothing.

Quote:
Its clutching at straws to find flaws in a film,which you do with every Spider-man film save SM2 all the while defending huge flaws in TDK trilogy which almost everyone agrees to
So...it's still spiteful hating in your eyes when I bring up nitpicks I have with films I like? Lol.

Oh, and saying 'everyone agrees' to you or your points is another thing you do that is annoying. You don't know everyone but yet you make a point that seemingly everyone agrees to everything you say.

You can reply to this, but I'm not going to get into another "great debate" with you pal, so I'm done.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #121
CashforStash
Baned User (get it)

Just want to say that these SM boards have really changed and I can't say if it's for the better.

It's like, debates are fun and all and that is essentially why we come here (and to read news and chat) but to literlly attack people over a film and points in the film? Like give me a break. I would love to post here a lot more, but I feel like i will get attacked for a lot of my opinions, when it should be people will disagree or agree in a respectful manner.

Even teasing is cool (if done in good taste), but a lot of these posts i read are mostly people not liking that specific opinion then attacking them for it for whatever reason.

I can't be one of the only ones who have something similar to share either.

Just thought I would put that out there, cause I've seen these boards when they are usually fun and respectful, but recently it really reeks in here....

It's like, be friendly guys, why do you want negative energy in your life or inflicting it on others.

And for the record, lot's of people take rude comments and bashing very personally.

CashforStash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #122
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

TASM tone was perfect. No TDKT or TA tone. Keep it the same.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #123
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
TASM tone was perfect. No TDKT or TA tone. Keep it the same.
The Dark Knight Tangos?

The Dark Knight Tiptoes?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #124
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The Dark Knight Trashtalks

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #125
spider-neil
spins a web any size!