The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part 86

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
venom892
Got Lucky

Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

Punk is great in general as long as he isn't on a leash. His intial WWE face run was boring promo wise.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #4
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
Punk is great in general as long as he isn't on a leash. His intial WWE face run was boring promo wise.
True but he's not getting enough heat IMO.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #5
Wheels
HR Supporter

Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI! - Part 86

The Wrestling Thread Has a John Cena Problem

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #6
Slushy
The Man

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

Chris Jericho's inclusion into the Elimination Chamber is kind of random. Isn't he a RAW superstar? I was actually looking forward to seeing Rey Mysterio perform. I guess this is a safety move to make sure he doesn't miss Wrestlemania for a change.

Quote:
I barely remember Dutch Mantel , but I like this character. However I could see him getting cheers in different parts of the country. A manager might be the missing piece of the puzzle to get Swagger over.
They failed Swagger big time by taking away the eagle mascot!

Twitter: SlushyWWE
Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

ok say raw and 2 things stick out.

1. they are seriously going with that gimmick for swagger, really

2. so no dq and no count out, please please for all that is holy have brock/heyman screw punk out of the title.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Is this a worthwhile Raw to watch?

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
strikezone89
Smarks Chat CM PUNK :-/

I thought Raw was pretty solid.. I am willing to bet ZigZag cashes in at EC, Jericho wins setting up for Zig vs Jericho at WM for title leaving Del Rio vs Show for a final grudge match

1) The Dark Knight 2) Guardians of the Galaxy 3) Captain America: TWS 4) Incredible Hulk 5)The Avengers

"Let's put a smile on that face"
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #10
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikezone89 View Post
I thought Raw was pretty solid.. I am willing to bet ZigZag cashes in at EC, Jericho wins setting up for Zig vs Jericho at WM for title leaving Del Rio vs Show for a final grudge match
Thats a nice idea, Jericho deserves the belt more than DelBoro plus he can put of Ziggler very well.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
After Heyman was gone from WWECW Punk was lucky to be in the ring with somebody who was holding a microphone let alone get to cut a promo.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
TheFuture
Rising

Well, that was an interesting development for Swagger to say the least...and may I say, quite a risque development given the PG era we are in. Can see Del Rio -v- Swagger at Mania, whether that's for the title or not I don't know.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Went to Raw last night.

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 02-12-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: attempted baiting
Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Went to Raw last night. I don't care who had to get buried or lose a Wrestlemania spot in the process, because I got to see this and that's better than any other alternative that could have happened:

good for you, but i love the subtle digs you have to get in, it couldn't simply be. hey guy went to raw last night and enjoyed the show.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
TheFuture
Rising

Have to say that the WHC picture for Mania is a head scratcher at this stage. The way the last few weeks have played out, various scenarios could play out:

Del Rio (c) -v- Mark Henry/Big Show

Ziggler (c) -v- Jericho

Del Rio (c) -v- Swagger

I know people think that after Raw, it could well be Jericho -v- Ziggler but I don't know....the way they have built up Henry since his return I can't see him not winning the Chamber match.

Right now, if I was forced to make a call, I'd say it'll be Del Rio -v- Henry. Del Rio will win but get destroyed and Ziggler will cash in at Mania.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

The WHC may well be a Fatal 4-way match to get more guys on the card.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So the Rock promo to end Raw...hrm...well, it definitely wasn't as awful as Cena's promo before Royal Rumble, but it was still pretty "meh" just to get pops at Nashville.

I still don't think we'll be getting a new title though just because Punk stole it. Punk could end up walking into his EC match with the title in his hand and Punk "losing" the belt again at the PPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Have to say that the WHC picture for Mania is a head scratcher at this stage. The way the last few weeks have played out, various scenarios could play out:

Del Rio (c) -v- Mark Henry/Big Show

Ziggler (c) -v- Jericho

Del Rio (c) -v- Swagger
Another choice could still be Orton winning the EC match and Sheamus somehow pulling a title match against Del Rio weeks before WM and winning the championship, but I'm sticking with the bold.

Plus, title or not, I have a feeling Del Rio vs Swagger is going to happen for WM, especially the promo Swagger and Zeb had last night.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #18
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I like the new thread title just because I enjoy seeing Hornswoggle in pain.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The entire crowd did as well.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The JBL and Cole show is awesome. Damien Sandow's song

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Rosa looks way better without so much garish makeup on. The makeup people back stage need to use primarily a natural earth-tone look for her, not so much with the blue eyeshadow and bright red lips.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #22
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I like to thank Mark Henry for destroying Hornswoggle.

That is why Henry has been awesome as of late.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
The JBL and Cole show is awesome. Damien Sandow's song

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sandow is brilliant!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #24
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
The WHC may well be a Fatal 4-way match to get more guys on the card.
Agreed, right now with Del Rio, Show, Ziggler, Orton, Sheamus, Henry and Jericho all in the mix it's hard to imagine anything but a multi-man match.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

^ I just hope it doesn't curtain jerk yet again.

Closed Thread