The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
good for you, but i love the subtle digs you have to get in, it couldn't simply be. hey guy went to raw last night and enjoyed the show.
It's plain ignorance. Apparently you can't be a Rock fan and also care about what happens to other guys on the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
The WHC may well be a Fatal 4-way match to get more guys on the card.
It makes the most sense. Sheamus , Orton , Del Rio , Big Show, Jericho , Ziggler , and Mark Henry are all possible candidates. I wonder how they'll work this out.

Edit: I typed and posted before seeing Hunter Rider's post , lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I like the new thread title just because I enjoy seeing Hornswoggle in pain.
I was hoping Mark Henry would kill him.

Last edited by bullets; 02-12-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

The Shield get their first piece of merch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
^ I just hope it doesn't curtain jerk yet again.
We can but hope, I think a Team Hell No defense will kick the show off.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #28
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

I saw that on Seths Facebook page. I'd wear it

Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #29
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
We can but hope, I think a Team Hell No defense will kick the show off.
Don't you think Team Hell No could be going up against each other by then?

Btw, love the avvy!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #30
bullets
bang bang

I just watched Die Hard 2 and realized the terms "tag team" and "main event " were used. The writers must of been wrestling fans.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #31
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Yeah that Shield shirt is a must get for me. I hope WWE releases an "Explicit Ambrose Violence" shirt down the road.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

The Right to Censor would have a field day in today's modern WWE era.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #33
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Also I think the xenophobe gimmick for Swagger will get heat but it could turn into another Muhammad Hassan situation. Political and religious gimmicks usually cause problems for WWE. Still, they're pushing envelope and that's good.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas

Last edited by Wheels; 02-12-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Also I think the xenophobe gimmick for Swagger will get heat but it could turn into another Muhammad Hassan situation. Political and religious gimmicks usually cause problems for WWE. Still, they're pushing envelope and that's good.
Yeah, I was surprised they went there, considering the orientation of the modern product, but like you said, it's good to see them trying to push the envelope. I just hope it doesn't turn into another 'Katie Vick' or 'Vince vs. God' situation.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #35
Benstamania
Shot first.

Henry = Ratings.

http://m.wrestlezone.com/news/267951...bers-in-a-year

Seriously, dude brought in strong numbers when he was champ. I enjoy the heck out of the guy.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #36
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

What an awful looking shirt.
Someone sure loves the photoshop bevel.
Nice how they can't even use the same font on the front and back, just looks lazy.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #37
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Henry = Ratings.

http://m.wrestlezone.com/news/267951...bers-in-a-year

Seriously, dude brought in strong numbers when he was champ. I enjoy the heck out of the guy.
Could you imagine if WWE had given him this type of push when he was younger and had more mobility? His legacy would be much greater I'm sure.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
TheFuture
Rising

Sometimes it just takes superstars a while to find their niche rather than having the full package when they're young. I never thought Bradshaw would become JBL. I never thought Eddie G would do much either beyond his Latino Heat gimmick and his comedic coupling with Chyna.

Similarly, Henry never struck me as someone who had potential to be a main eventer.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
good for you, but i love the subtle digs you have to get in, it couldn't simply be. hey guy went to raw last night and enjoyed the show.
Hey if everyone can fill the entire thread trashing on Rock why can't I give my opinion on the matter without everyone getting butthurt and getting my posts constantly edited?

Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #40
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Sometimes it just takes superstars a while to find their niche rather than having the full package when they're young. I never thought Bradshaw would become JBL. I never thought Eddie G would do much either beyond his Latino Heat gimmick and his comedic coupling with Chyna.

Similarly, Henry never struck me as someone who had potential to be a main eventer.
True. I never thought much of Mark Henry until his run last year. To be honest though, WWE never gave me a reason to. Henry was stuck in the spot that Brodus Clay is in now.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #41
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
True. I never thought much of Mark Henry until his run last year. To be honest though, WWE never gave me a reason to. Henry was stuck in the spot that Brodus Clay is in now.
I think the common factor was that they all improved their look. JBL had a shave and got a hair cut. Eddie G also got a hair cut and buffed up. Of course, Henry lost weight.

All of the men clearly had talent but we know that the machine won't even think of getting behind you if your look isn't marketable or whatever.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #42
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:

The Hassan situation was problematic because it coincided with a real terrorist attack. The same situation is unlikely to happen with the Swagger character: even if there is a big hate crime in the US by some extremist group, it likely won't engender the same amount of outrage that a terrorist attack would.

The real risk of the Swagger gimmick is that it could backfire, as there are many people in the United States, and yes within the WWE viewing audience, that agree with the fictional character's opinions. That could backfire, especially if he goes up against a weak, foreign face like Del Rio.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #43
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston are the ideal opponents for Swagger.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Do you think The Shield would ever expand and add more guys, or some guys from NXT being promoted by becoming a member of The Shield?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #45
UnionJack

Anyone else notice or at least think Dean Ambrose is channeling some of Ledgers Joker, chewing his face, licking the lips, the way he talks. For me he is the weakest of the lot and don't see him doing much when Shield is over.
Roman is impressive and sounds like he could kick your ass, guys got a great voice for promos.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #46
Anno_Domini
Banned User

He's always seemed like he's been inspired by Ledger's Joker. And he's the STRONGEST element about The Shield, imo. He could go the furthest after the Shield run is over of the three, imo.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #47
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Hey if everyone can fill the entire thread trashing on Rock why can't I give my opinion on the matter without everyone getting butthurt and getting my posts constantly edited?
because most if not all the people in this thread do that while sticking to the topic and being up front with they're options rather than trying to be smart and getting less that subtle digs in at others that amount to nothing more than flame bait.

you're post added nothing to the discussion and was just there to annoy people who were not even complaining about the rock.

if you had said

Quote:
Went to Raw last night, was a great show with a lot being showcased, and was happy because I got to see this and I feel that's better than any other alternative that could have happened:
but no once again you like to get your kicks in, run away and then cry the big bad bullies are picking on you because you dont want to even acknowledge that other may not agree with you.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #48
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Anyone else notice or at least think Dean Ambrose is channeling some of Ledgers Joker, chewing his face, licking the lips, the way he talks. For me he is the weakest of the lot and don't see him doing much when Shield is over.
Roman is impressive and sounds like he could kick your ass, guys got a great voice for promos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
He's always seemed like he's been inspired by Ledger's Joker. And he's the STRONGEST element about The Shield, imo. He could go the furthest after the Shield run is over of the three, imo.

I think the Dean Ambrose recipe is 40% Heath Ledger's Joker, 25% Travis Bickle, 25% Luther from The Warriors and 10% Alex from A Clockwork Orange.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #49
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I think the Dean Ambrose recipe is 40% Heath Ledger's Joker, 25% Travis Bickle, 25% Luther from The Warriors and 10% Alex from A Clockwork Orange.
Which equals 100% awesome.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
UnionJack

Raw was pretty good, at least the EC should be fun with a nice group of people forming.
Be nice if Christian could make it back in time so he can enter wanting his "one more match"

Y2J v Bryan was the match of the night, sure Jericho is getting better and better since his return, totally lost the sore taste from the Put Everyone Over Tour 2012 he had last year.

Rocks little story was good, though the stipulation just seems lazy, why would Vince go for that unless one of his men decide the screw Punk over.

Closed Thread