The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #76
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
While he's been good, Roman to me has been the weakest on the promos. Rollins and Ambrose's delivery sounded more natural, with Ambrose just kicking it up with the intensity.
They should have let Reigns just be a mute for a while and not talk and just give him that beast-like persona until he worked up to be better at the mic.

I feel the same way with Big E. Langston too. Sometimes, when someone has other people that can do the talking, they should just be a powerful presence just standing there and doing the action and not the talking.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #77
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #78
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

Love the new thread title.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #79
Big Green
Side-Kick

I think the shield all play off eachother very well. Were they a stable in NXT? Cause they have great chemistry. I think that Rollins is the odd man of the group, he screams Face to me. But I think when it's all said and done Reigns will be the "star" of this group.

I really am excited for the future of WWE, when these guys become vets.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #80
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
I think the shield all play off eachother very well. Were they a stable in NXT? Cause they have great chemistry. I think that Rollins is the odd man of the group, he screams Face to me. But I think when it's all said and done Reigns will be the "star" of this group.

I really am excited for the future of WWE, when these guys become vets.
No they weren't a stable in NXT/FCW, but Ambrose and Rollins wrestled one another a lot. Reigns didn't work with them much at all.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #81
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I reckon Reigns is guaranteed to be pushed and made a star, if anything, because he fits the blueprint that Vince and the E seem to love.

Of the three though I see Ambrose being the one with the most potential and highest ceiling, and can see him eventually breaking out on his own a la Punk and Austin if he isn't given a push by the company with their backing.

Rollins looks to have a lot about him to, and as others have said I could see him making a tremendous face in the long run.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #82
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

What is fantastic is that Ambrose and Reigns are 27 and Rollins is 26. I think these guys are lifers so we'll get to watch them for many years.

Quote:

Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #83
TX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
What is fantastic is that Ambrose and Reigns are 27 and Rollins is 26. I think these guys are lifers so we'll get to watch them for many years.
I sure hope so!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #84
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
The Hassan situation was problematic because it coincided with a real terrorist attack. The same situation is unlikely to happen with the Swagger character: even if there is a big hate crime in the US by some extremist group, it likely won't engender the same amount of outrage that a terrorist attack would.

The real risk of the Swagger gimmick is that it could backfire, as there are many people in the United States, and yes within the WWE viewing audience, that agree with the fictional character's opinions. That could backfire, especially if he goes up against a weak, foreign face like Del Rio.
If he cut that promo in my region of FL there would of been some audible cheers. Its an interesting gimmick but could end abruptly.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #85
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

A couple thoughts from last night's Raw

Still think Swagger sucks, but interested in his new manager and the things he was saying.

Cesaro, you are my hero!

Great work from Heyman.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #86
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
As a Rock fan, that promo completely sucked as a go home promo for the EC. It didn't add anything to the Punk vs Rock build. His Twilight joke was weak, he could have done way better with the ammo he was given.

I don't see how Punk can get screwed as the stipulation only takes away The Champ's advantage. If anything it allows Punk to be able to maybe get the belt back for a Triple Threat at Mania.
I think you hit the target about the inclusion of a stipulation. They are obviously trying to set something up but why would Vickie agree to it after last months issue with the Shield. I know she's a heel but it would seem asinine for Vince not to fire her if anything goes wrong.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #87
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I like Dutch as I think he's an interesting person who knows a lot about wrestling. His audio interviews on current TNA and former WWE writer Dave Lagana's old podcast were cool. I'm far more interested in Dutch than Swagger really.

Quote:

Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #88
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I reckon Reigns is guaranteed to be pushed and made a star, if anything, because he fits the blueprint that Vince and the E seem to love.

Of the three though I see Ambrose being the one with the most potential and highest ceiling, and can see him eventually breaking out on his own a la Punk and Austin if he isn't given a push by the company with their backing.

Rollins looks to have a lot about him to, and as others have said I could see him making a tremendous face in the long run.
Hey now. I don't like that type of wrestler. Also, who told you about my business relationship with Vince? Damn dirtsheets spoiling my influence on the wrestling business!

Yes. That is a quote from a rapper.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #89
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Don't you think Team Hell No could be going up against each other by then?

Btw, love the avvy!
I think the split for Team Hell No will be a post-Mania storyline when all the new angles start, same with Orton's heel turn and any potential rift between Punk and Heyman. I expect Team Hell No to lose the titles at Mania.

Classic flick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
The Hassan situation was problematic because it coincided with a real terrorist attack. The same situation is unlikely to happen with the Swagger character: even if there is a big hate crime in the US by some extremist group, it likely won't engender the same amount of outrage that a terrorist attack would.

The real risk of the Swagger gimmick is that it could backfire, as there are many people in the United States, and yes within the WWE viewing audience, that agree with the fictional character's opinions. That could backfire, especially if he goes up against a weak, foreign face like Del Rio.
I agree on the risk, certain places will actually treat him as a face. I'd do the tried and tested thing and put him against Rey as a test run before booking him with Berto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Do you think The Shield would ever expand and add more guys, or some guys from NXT being promoted by becoming a member of The Shield?
The interesting thing about The Shield is that unlike other groups they all dress exactly the same, yet have managed to stand out as individuals, so if they added another he'd require a quality to allow him to stand out as opposed to simply trying to use their heat to get another guy over. Kassius Ohno would be the best fit IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
- WWE kept Rey Mysterio off last night's RAW to sell the attack from Mark Henry last week. Rey tweeted during RAW:

"Missed being @ Raw tonight! WSM Did sum damage on me last week, but been through much worse and have come back! 619 luv"
Kayfabe.

Quote:
- CM Punk remains in the #1 spot on this week's ESPN WWE Power Rankings. The Rock took the second place spot, followed by Chris Jericho, Mark Henry and Antonio Cesaro.
I'm still surprised that ESPN covers WWE.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #90
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
I like Dutch as I think he's an interesting person who knows a lot about wrestling. His audio interviews on current TNA and former WWE writer Dave Lagana's old podcast were cool. I'm far more interested in Dutch than Swagger really.
I don't know much about the guy, but from the 2 minutes I've seen of him, I'm liking him. Swagger does nothing for me, except for a few (unintentional) laughs here and there.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #91
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Early viewership information for this week's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw have the show dropping for the second week in a row. Despite the advertised appearance of WWE Champion, Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, Raw only brought in about 4.26 million viewers across all three hours.

This is down from last week's episode without the Rock. We will have the official rating as it becomes available.

Where's Mark Madden and his "Scoreboard!" smugness now........

Personally I don't think attributing a single shows ratings in the positive or negative to one guy ever makes any sense.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #92
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

WWE Main Event Taping Results For 2/13/13

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Chris Jericho came out for The Highlight Reel. His guest was Alberto Del Rio, not the originally planned The Miz. Dolph Ziggler then came out and said that he would cash in his briefcase before WrestleMania and walk into Mania as the World Heavyweight Champion. Del Rio then challenged Ziggler.

1. Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler with the Cross Armbreaker. This was a great back and forth match, with both men getting a lot offense in. Big E Langston tried to interfere, but Del Rio overcame and made Ziggler tap out.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #93
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
I don't know much about the guy, but from the 2 minutes I've seen of him, I'm liking him. Swagger does nothing for me, except for a few (unintentional) laughs here and there.
Well he's a former wrestler but I think he's more known as a booker. His biggest claim to fame would be giving Steve Austin his name I suppose.

Quote:

Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #94
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

SD spoilers

- The Big Show comes out to kick off Friday Night Smackdown. He cut a promo on Del Rio, and talking about how he will become the World Heavyweight Champion on Sunday. Out comes Chris Jericho, as he talks about their history together. He also talks about the possibility of them facing one another at Wrestlemania. Booker T interrupts both men, and says that Chris Jericho will face The Big Show later tonight.

1. Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton via disqualification. Henry was in control of the better part of the match, until Randy Orton took him out with a chair. Henry would retaliate after the match and hit the World's Strongest Slam on Orton, and stand tall over him.

2. Tamina defeated Layla in a match that the crowd could care less about. The action was said to be really slow and that Tamina won with the Superfly Splash.

3. Brodus Clay and Tensai defeated 3MB. After the match, the big guys celebrated until The Shield came out from the crowd. They attacked both men and laid them out. After that, The Shield cut a quick promo on Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus for their match at Elimination Chamber.

4. The Miz defeated Cody Rhodes via submission. The crowd was really into The Miz, who fought back from Rhodes' offense early on in the match. Rhodes was in control until Miz was able to reverse his finisher and end up locking him in the Figure Four Leg Lock. Rhodes would tap out, giving the former WWE Champion the victory heading into his match against Antonio Cesaro at Elimination Chamber.

5. Jack Swagger defeated Zack Ryder via submission. This was very similar to the match they had on Monday, with Swagger making Ryder tap out to the Patriot Act once again. Zeb Coultier cut a promo again after the match.

-The Rock came out to cut a promo about Arkansas and his match at Elimination Chamber against CM Punk. He was interrupted by Punk and Heyman on the tron and they jabbed back and forth with one another. Damien Sandow came out and interrupted The Rock. He began to bash the WWE Champion, and the segment ended when Sandow was dropped with a Rock Bottom.

6. The Big Show defeated Chris Jericho after hitting the Knockout Punch.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #95
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

Chris Jericho came out for The Highlight Reel. His guest was Alberto Del Rio, not the originally planned The Miz. Dolph Ziggler then came out and said that he would cash in his briefcase before WrestleMania and walk into Mania as the World Heavyweight Champion. Del Rio then challenged Ziggler.

1. Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler with the Cross Armbreaker. This was a great back and forth match, with both men getting a lot offense in. Big E Langston tried to interfere, but Del Rio overcame and made Ziggler tap out.

What Da Hell!?!

I can't believe what I'm reading , but hopefully there's a reasonable explanation for this. There's only one way to justify it.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #96
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Quote:
SD spoilers

1. Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton via disqualification. Henry was in control of the better part of the match, until Randy Orton took him out with a chair. Henry would retaliate after the match and hit the World's Strongest Slam on Orton, and stand tall over him.
Well, at least Henry's still being booked strong.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #97
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:

Hey now. It might not be what we think. That's what I'm hoping. I don't think this is what it seems at first glance.

Yes. That is a quote from a rapper.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #98
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well he's a former wrestler but I think he's more known as a booker. His biggest claim to fame would be giving Steve Austin his name I suppose.
He can tell some pretty damn entertaining stories too. Ribs, hellraising, etc. from the territories.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #99
bullets
bang bang

Iron Sheik Talks About The IOC Removing Wrestling From The Olympics

WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik, who competed for Iran in the 1968 Olympics and then became an assistant coach for Team USA in the 1970′s, is not pleased about the International Olympic Committee’s decision to remove wrestling from the Olympics starting in 2020. The Sheik told TMZ.com today:

“After 1000 years they take away the best sport in the world? This is the first time the dumb motherf**kers have no balls for they make the walking an Olympic sport.”

“If I see anybody on the street that work from the IOC I swear to the Jesus I suplex them put them in camel clutch break their back make them humble.”

“The #TEAMSHEIKIE respect the Olympic now they can all go f*** themselves and make the Curling Olympic sport because they all the biggest piece of no good s*** and I never watch the Olympic again. Also buy my t shirt [on my website] or go f*** yourself.”

Source: sescoops.com

Shiek has also provided some colorful tweets about the subject.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #100
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

I like Shiek's cheap plug at the end of his rant.

Closed Thread