The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 AM   #101
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I think you hit the target about the inclusion of a stipulation. They are obviously trying to set something up but why would Vickie agree to it after last months issue with the Shield. I know she's a heel but it would seem asinine for Vince not to fire her if anything goes wrong.
One can hope as I have no idea why Vickie is around other than them feeling sorry for her after Eddie.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #102
TheFuture
Rising

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread Nearly Broke Hornswoggle In Half; THAT'S WHAT WE DO! - Part

I reckon Vickie is actually one of the best heels they have. Amazing that she can garner more heat with two little words than any of the roster.

Vickie has earned her spot.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #103
sweetre15
Positive Page

If WWE is banking on Ziggler being one of their new stars then all I can say is they need to break the BS losing streak because it's getting annoying.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #104
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I reckon Vickie is actually one of the best heels they have. Amazing that she can garner more heat with two little words than any of the roster.

Agreed. She doesn't get enough kudos.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #105
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
One can hope as I have no idea why Vickie is around other than them feeling sorry for her after Eddie.

She gets a better heel reaction than anyone on the roster. Call me crazy , but I think she's a great character.

Also I just realized it says Del RiochallengedZiggler. Perhaps that loophole prevents him from losing the briefcase

Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #106
TheFuture
Rising

Yeah don't know what people are getting their knickers in a twist for. Briefcase wasn't cashed in and Del Rio, after all, is the WHC. It's not like he was jobbed out to Hornswoggle.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #107
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Maybe its just me who can't stand her cheap heat and awful voice.

She dragged Ziggler down for ages just like she did with Edge.
Now they have put her back as a heel GM ... again.
Run out of ideas for her, let her go after this run until they have a good actual use for her other than to be a heel manager.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #108
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Dragged Ziggler down? Hardly. If anything, she helped get him more heat as a heel and in turn more recognition. To say she aided him in getting over wouldn't be an understatement at all. And Ziggler himself recognises and acknowledges this.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #109
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
WWE Main Event Taping Results For 2/13/13

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Chris Jericho came out for The Highlight Reel. His guest was Alberto Del Rio, not the originally planned The Miz. Dolph Ziggler then came out and said that he would cash in his briefcase before WrestleMania and walk into Mania as the World Heavyweight Champion. Del Rio then challenged Ziggler.

1. Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler with the Cross Armbreaker. This was a great back and forth match, with both men getting a lot offense in. Big E Langston tried to interfere, but Del Rio overcame and made Ziggler tap out.

I don't think it was a Cash in it was just a Random match why would they have a Cash in on Main Event that would seem pretty stupid if you ask me.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #110
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Hey now. I don't like that type of wrestler. Also, who told you about my business relationship with Vince? Damn dirtsheets spoiling my influence on the wrestling business!
My plan to expose 'Mr. E' worked then, I see..

Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #111
nite-owl
Side-Kick

A list of names creative came up for The Walls of Jericho.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #112
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
SD spoilers
The Rock came out to cut a promo about Arkansas and his match at Elimination Chamber against CM Punk. He was interrupted by Punk and Heyman on the tron and they jabbed back and forth with one another. Damien Sandow came out and interrupted The Rock. He began to bash the WWE Champion, and the segment ended when Sandow was dropped with a Rock Bottom.
I wonder if Punk is still in possession of the belt. Going from how that is put, I'd presume not.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #113
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
A list of names creative came up for The Walls of Jericho.

..... Wow. It always seemed so obvious.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #114
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:

Agreed.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #115
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
If WWE is banking on Ziggler being one of their new stars then all I can say is they need to break the BS losing streak because it's getting annoying.
It seems to men that the WWE has guys lose... A lot... Before a push. Look at Sheamus when he was still heel.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #116
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
I don't think it was a Cash in it was just a Random match why would they have a Cash in on Main Event that would seem pretty stupid if you ask me.
It was not a cash in attempt from what I have read

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #117
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #118
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:

In retrospect, CM Punk would have become a more unambiguous heel if Vickie was his manager rather than Paul Heyman. If Sting joined the WWE tomorrow, even he'd get booed if Vickie was his manager.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #119
Wheels
HR Supporter

This Is a great website for anyone who's a fan of Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley.

http://kissmyambrose.tumblr.com/post...brose-megapost

As far Ziggler goes I really don't the point in having a bodyguard if he can't help you win big matches. I suggest creative look at how HBK was booked in '93-'94.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 02-13-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #120
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Except you didn't give an opinion. You made a post that clearly was designed to bait people into arguing. And I say clearly because you've visited these threads long enough to know what to say to do that.

On top of that, the thread was rolling along well until you made that post. Rock fans and non-Rock fans were making comments about whether they loved/hated the promo, enjoyed the show or not. The way you came across was unnecessary, and I'm pretty sure the last time they was a heated argument around the same topic, I requested for everyone to keep it civil.

Please do that in the future.
Problem with this is that the same standards aren't held for everyone. I used to try to be a productive member of this thread, expressing my opinions and why i felt that way, but was always met with hostility and ridicule feom the likes of Metallo and Hunter in particular, and many other posters to a lesser extent. I have never once been treated with respect in this thread, so why should I care if someone gets upset about my opinion that I don't care about other people getting buried so The Rock can be champion again?

Nobody was telling Metallo or Hunter to "keep it civil" when they were telling me I wasn't a true wrestling fan, I was a mindless Vince drone, and telling me that they didnt respect my mindset and felt my opinions were a disgrace to the business.

PS none of that is hyperbole or "woe is me. All of those are things that Metallo or Hunter have said directly to me over the long life of this thread. None of which ever got remarks of "keep it civil" That doesn't happen until I come in with a post that targets literally nobody, but what I said wasn't popular so it's taken and twisted as an "attack"

Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #121
bullets
bang bang

You knew you would get a reaction out of that comment Nell. There's just no way that was innocent.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #122
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:

I also believe it'll be her decision as to when she leaves the air for good as I would assume that she would have some sort of Goodwill Ambassador Role within the WWE when she does leave for good.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #123
Dr. Evil
Gamora

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #124
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
What Da Hell!?!

I can't believe what I'm reading , but hopefully there's a reasonable explanation for this. There's only one way to justify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Hey now. It might not be what we think. That's what I'm hoping. I don't think this is what it seems at first glance.
I realize it wasn't a cash in but that's two weeks running Dolp has jobbed to Del Rio and to book that match on a second tier show just devalues it as a potential future WHC PPV program in my view.

Quote:

Definitely, she has the kind of molten heat most heels would kill for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Dragged Ziggler down? Hardly. If anything, she helped get him more heat as a heel and in turn more recognition. To say she aided him in getting over wouldn't be an understatement at all. And Ziggler himself recognises and acknowledges this.
Agreed, I am a big fan of Dolph but he needed her to get his heat initially, she got him over enough to get a spot on the roster that allowed his talent to take him the rest of the way.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #125
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
You knew you would get a reaction out of that comment Nell. There's just no way that was innocent.
Dude, with this thread, I'd get a reaction just for presenting a case why Rock being champ is a good thing.

Look at the reaction I've already gotten for saying I thought The Miz was the best guy in the company at one point.

I gwt a reaction cuz I said it and nobody here likes it. It has nothing to do with how its worded.

Closed Thread