The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite of Nolans Batfilms?
Batman Begins 51 20.00%
The Dark Knight 105 41.18%
The Dark Knight Rises 99 38.82%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #276
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: NOW which film is your favourite??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
BatLobsterRises, how have you been? I haven't seen you around here in a while. But then again, I haven't been around the TDKR boards for a while. lol
Haha, I'm doing fine yourself? I've been around. I've seen you around the MOS boards. I've been posting there a bit too, but things move so fast there that posts quickly get lost in the shuffle.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #277
shauner111
Side-Kick

I wont give you **** for it Shikamaru. I may not agree with you regarding TDKR but I respect your opinion and find ur an interesting poster

I just don't understand it when people talk so much smack about the movie. To each their own I guess, but it's probably my personal favorite of the 3 and anybody I talk to says they thought the story was the best of the trilogy too. Oh well! I don't think it tries too hard to be TDK at all, I find it's an EXTREMELY different film. They could have went into a Dark KNight direction with a purely non physical, psychological villain and made it into a claustrophobic crime story set in a summer Gotham. That's TDK all over again. But they didn't.

Ill say it again, it's as if Nolan wanted to take the essentials of the 70 + year history of the Batman, and do a trilogy. The origin story, the primed up youthful Batman fighting his arch nemesis, and the end story of a past his prime/getting older Bruce Wayne who's broken and comes back for one last shot.

Then he took liberties...and those liberties included ending the story in a exclusive manner. An ending that was fresh for Batman fans across the globe. One where he gets a happy ending after all the torture. That's something we'll never get in the comics, animation, in the past films or in future films. He's always doomed. I suggest listening to Kevin Smith's podcast on the movie, because he loved the movie but he had his nitpicks like you guys BUT he appreciates the happy ending because this guy never catches a break. Nolan finally gave this guy a break and it's emotional. Im no "wuss" LOL but I cry everytime I watch it just like Kev did hahaha.

Nolan wanted to tell fresh stories. Just like these days when you read a new Bat comic, almost everything's been done before so you want to read something new and fresh. The time we GET something new yet it's taken seriously, it's not done to sell a toy or get a laugh, and people still *****.

I can see people preferring their Batman to go on forever and be doomed...OK...but I think fans of the man, the character, should applaud his happy ending because you'll never see it again and it's a well deserved touch.

I personally want to see Batman movies with unique endings. I want to see films that are always fresh. I don't want the same old thing over & over again. Im not interested. If I want Batman to stand on top of a building at the end, I can watch Batman 89. The war theme and the scope brought something new to the franchise. I thrive on fresh stories. Otherwise ill just watch B:TAS.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #278
JackWhite
Third Man

I personally get a real kick out of seeing Bruce slowly get out of his funk and back into Gotham. Seeing him start to think like Batman again and get his game face back on is just so satisfying. It's such a great buildup to Batman's first scene in the film.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #279
Victarion
The Iron Captain

Been reading a novel, City in the Autumn Stars, with a section that takes place in the midst of the French Revolution. I had no idea a revolution could get that messy; gives me new appreciation for how bad things were in Gotham (things we obviously couldn't see due to rating ie mutilation and other less pleasant things to do with the upperclass civilians).

I would love it if DC focused on making a series of self-contained trilogies for their heroes and made one epic Justice League film that works on the level of TDKR as closure for the DC lineup.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #280
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Been reading a novel, City in the Autumn Stars, with a section that takes place in the midst of the French Revolution. I had no idea a revolution could get that messy; gives me new appreciation for how bad things were in Gotham (things we obviously couldn't see due to rating ie mutilation and other less pleasant things to do with the upperclass civilians).

I would love it if DC focused on making a series of self-contained trilogies for their heroes and made one epic Justice League film that works on the level of TDKR as closure for the DC lineup.
I'd love that, but DC aren't going to do anything ballsy for a long time, probably. Nolan's Bat-Trilogy is now but a thing of the past.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #281
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I don't believe it is the most complex of the three films. Quite frankly, I find it to be the least complex of the three. In fact, I personally think that it tries to hard to be the most intelligent and complex CBM there is and it fails at it. This may sound really weird to say but to an extent, TDKR feels like the type of CBM that would come out and be a knockoff of TDK. I'll explain what I mean by that. Remember when Donner's Superman came out, was a success, and then you had movies like Supergirl and Steel that tried to copy its classic superhero story feel to obtain the same result? Or when Raimi's Spider-Man came out and you had stuff like the FF movies that tried to replicate its fun cheesy retro style and failed? Or when Iron Man came out and then Green Lantern tried to copy the fun badass action tone that Iron Man had? To me, TDKR feels like it's trying way too hard to be the most intelligent, complex, and realistic CBM there is and fails to do so IMO. I know that probably sounds like a really weird thing to say since it's a sequel to TDK and is done by the same people. Oh boy, I am going to get SO much hate for what I just said. I think I can see the angry mob from my window.

I'm seeing a lot of people use the "We'll never see an ending like that to a CBM ever again" defense. I wonder how many people would still use that defense if they bring back Nolan's Batman for Justice League. I've noticed that a lot of the people that try to defend TDKR with that argument are the same people that keep insisting that Nolan's Batman should be in JL no matter what. But technically, if they do that then it no longer becomes an ending that no CBM would ever give to its hero and I will never have to hear that argument from them again .

To be honest, I would love to see a director's cut of the movie. I heard that around an hour and 20 minutes are cut from the movie including Bane's origin story. I'm really wondering what my opinion would've been of the movie as a whole if so much wasn't cut out. Too bad we'll never know since Nolan doesn't like the idea of one.

I don't think the stories they chose meshed together well though. I'm not saying that they can't mesh together well, just that they didn't in this specific execution. In the first 2 movies, while there were a lot of stuff from stories in the comics there, they meshed together really well that they created 2 great stories that are still very unique from the stories of the comics they were based on (IMO).
I'm pretty sure I am aware that you wouldn't view TDKR as the most complex of the three, lol.

Going by the idea of a 99% vs 1% war, closure on Bruce Wayne's arc, building up on Robin John Blake's where he takes on the Batman legacy, bringing in more mythos with the League of Shadows, taking in inspiration from more comic book stories of Batman into making a war epic/disaster film wrapped around a Batman film...I will always view TDKR to be the most complex of the three. As well as the best

And I am one that wouldn't mind Bale being in a World's Finest film, but not a JL film(but I'm also against an entire DC cinematic universe anyways, lol). The idea of a very human Batman teaming up with this god-like alien is a very comic-book way of "east meets west" and it doesn't have to ruin the ending Nolan gave to Bruce at all. In fact, it could raise the stakes of Bruce trying to retire and form a new life.

And I must ask...you, and you're the only one from what I recall on here, that insists there's a hour and plus deleted from the theatrical cut of TDKR...where do you get that idea from? A link to an article or something? Because besides the floating rumor around of a 400 page script...scripts are always massive until they get cut down...so far, we only know of scenes that's in the script you can download and that's far less than 400 pages. Because if not, it would just be only a gut feeling as well such as your gut feeling of why TDKR isn't the film it should've been, lol.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-13-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #282
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Haha, I'm doing fine yourself? I've been around. I've seen you around the MOS boards. I've been posting there a bit too, but things move so fast there that posts quickly get lost in the shuffle.
I'm doing fine as well. Good to hear .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I'm pretty sure I am aware that you wouldn't view TDKR as the most complex of the three, lol.

Seriously. Haven't even thought of that. lol

Quote:
Going by the idea of a 99% vs 1% war, closure on Bruce Wayne's arc, building up on Robin John Blake's where he takes on the Batman legacy, bringing in more mythos with the League of Shadows, taking in inspiration from more comic book stories of Batman into making a war epic/disaster film wrapped around a Batman film...I will always view TDKR to be the most complex of the three. As well as the best
I can think of things in TDK that can top that. To list an example, I honestly believe all the philosophical and psychological things with the Joker in TDK can be taught in philosophy and psychology classes. I also think it addressed political issues a lot better. TDK may just be the most overanalyzed film of the past 10 years.

To not get into too big of an argument over the things you addressed, I'll give you an "in a nutshell" of what I think of each. The 99% vs 1% war is a great idea but it's dropped shortly after the first act. The closure on Bruce Wayne's arc doesn't feel natural to me due to what I said earlier about the whole "this is a trilogy" thing and due to where Bruce was in TDK. I feel Blake was underdeveloped and that the Batman legacy idea doesn't fit not only doesn't work for Batman in general but especially not with a lot of things in TDK, like the concept of the copycats. Bringing the LoS back was cool (I won't lie about that) except for the fact that Talia is hugely underdeveloped, may just have the worst villain motivations in CBM history, and the fact that I'm still unsure to this day if they're actually in TDKR (we talked about this before so you know what I mean by that). As for taking the most comic inspiration, like I said before, I feel they didn't mesh those too well in the execution and despite being the most story inspired by the comics, the characters is what matters to me the most in CBM's and TDKR is the least character inspired by the comics out of the three. All this is just my opinion, of course. I got nothing against yours.

Quote:
And I am one that wouldn't mind Bale being in a World's Finest film, but not a JL film(but I'm also against an entire DC cinematic universe anyways, lol). The idea of a very human Batman teaming up with this god-like alien is a very comic-book way of "east meets west" and it doesn't have to ruin the ending Nolan gave to Bruce at all. In fact, it could raise the stakes of Bruce trying to retire and form a new life.
It may sound like a cool idea on the surface but I personally can't see this Bruce being much of help to Superman. The thing that makes Batman be able to stand next to Superman as his equal despite having no powers is his brilliant mind, which Nolan hasn't shown us in all 3 movies. It's a shame though because, in my opinion, that was the only thing that was keeping the Batman from BB and TDK from being the perfect Batman on the big screen. Nolan really nailed almost everything else.

Quote:
And I must ask...you, and you're the only one from what I recall on here, that insists there's a hour and plus deleted from the theatrical cut of TDKR...where do you get that idea from? A link to an article or something? Because besides the floating rumor around of a 400 page script...scripts are always massive until they get cut down...so far, we only know of scenes that's in the script you can download and that's far less than 400 pages. Because if not, it would just be only a gut feeling as well such as your gut feeling of why TDKR isn't the film it should've been, lol.
That's just something that I heard around the internet. I remember everyone saying that back in July. I haven't found any solid evidence of this so I don't know where everyone else got that info but I do remember someone in TDKR production saying way back before they started shooting that the script so far is about 4 hours long. With that in mind, I basically connected the dots and put two and two together. Now I don't know exactly how much was cut. Maybe it was less than the amount that I'm claiming was cut but I don't think there is any doubt that there was a good amount of footage cut from the theatrical product. Some that worked on TDKR have admitted that there's a lot missing (including that Bane's origin was one of the things that was removed). Nolan himself will never admit it though and will also never release a director's cut. He admitted in the past that he hates the idea of remastered versions, director's cut, extra footage, and all of kind of stuff because he believes those take away from people's experiences. He believes people shouldn't be cheated and should see the whole thing overall when they go see the movie. Basically, he is the total polar opposite of George Lucas. lol

To an extent, it is also a gut feeling I have that so much was cut out. I may sound like I hate the guy since I criticize TDKR so much but I'm actually a huge fan of Nolan, and I cannot believe for a second that such a smart storyteller as him would sit down and write "Right after Bruce Wayne gets out of the prison in the middle of nowhere, he magically appears in Gotham with no explanation as to how he got there". Nolan is a much smarter storyteller than that and to think that he would write something like that in the script is to underestimate him IMO.

It's also important to remember that editing things out from a Christopher Nolan film is not the same thing as editing things out from almost any other film. One thing that makes Nolan such a great storyteller is that unlike a lot of other directors and writers, there are no filler scenes in his movies. Every scene in each movie he does is there to serve some sort of purpose to the movie overall. Sometimes that purpose is big and sometimes it's smaller. Thus deleting stuff from a Nolan movie affects the movie a lot more (in a negative way) than deleted scenes would affect, for example, a Brett Ratner movie and it also becomes a lot more noticeable that scenes are missing when you're watching a Nolan movie due to that. You would also be surprised to hear that no other movie he made so far had any deleted scenes. Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had the full script filmed down to every scene, as well as Inception and the rest. It is almost ironic that TDKR has deleted scenes because Nolan is not too fond of that happening to his movies. That's also one of the reasons why I feel TDKR tried to do too much in one movie.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 05-14-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #283
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

BB and TDK had deleted scenes too though. The Tumbler being transported to Wayne Manor, Joker escaping the penthouse, etc. Hell, the entire Stage 2 Scarecrow concept was aborted and we know there's footage of it. Nolan just likes to sweep those things under the rug and pretend they don't exist

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-14-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #284
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

I actually haven't heard about the Stage 2 Scarecrow stuff, what would that have involved?

Hopefully the Ultimate, or heck even the 10th Anniversary editions, include some of this footage, be it in deleted scenes or edited back into the film.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #285
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I personally get a real kick out of seeing Bruce slowly get out of his funk and back into Gotham. Seeing him start to think like Batman again and get his game face back on is just so satisfying. It's such a great buildup to Batman's first scene in the film.
My favourite Bruce/Batman scenes are in the first half, which is interesting given I thought I would’ve outright preferred his city fight-back at the end. The brooding recluse appealed to me, and when the ice slowly began to melt for him. Taking a Lambo to the hospital to check his knee. Ski mask talk to Gordon. Visiting Fox in person. Attending the ball. There’s good momentum in these scenes. And Bruce’s position with the reactor was pure Batman ideology, even if it ended up biting him. No Alfred, no money, reputation damaged, but he still has Batman. And then that’s taken from him too.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #286
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I can think of things in TDK that can top that. To list an example, I honestly believe all the philosophical and psychological things with the Joker in TDK can be taught in philosophy and psychology classes. I also think it addressed political issues a lot better. TDK may just be the most overanalyzed film of the past 10 years.
It's only more analyzed, imo, because TDK took the Batman/Joker famous rivalry into a whole new territory where Joker represents true evil. You'd never get that analysis when it comes to Batman and any of his other villains. That is the hard truth; without Joker, the film wouldn't have been analyzed so much.

Quote:
To not get into too big of an argument over the things you addressed, I'll give you an "in a nutshell" of what I think of each. The 99% vs 1% war is a great idea but it's dropped shortly after the first act.
It only stops for a moment where the audience becomes aware of Bane's true intentions, placing that 99% vs 1% war as a front when the bigger picture is to just destroy Gotham City as a whole, but even when it seems like it stops at a halt, seeing how Bruce Wayne gives away Wayne Manor to a sector of that 99-percentile(the orphanage) showed how the 1-percenter still fought for the 99% even if he had to lead the cops against an army that could have had many of the poorer class within it. It wasn't just a black and white 99% vs 1% debate.

Quote:
The closure on Bruce Wayne's arc doesn't feel natural to me due to what I said earlier about the whole "this is a trilogy" thing and due to where Bruce was in TDK. I feel Blake was underdeveloped and that the Batman legacy idea doesn't fit not only doesn't work for Batman in general but especially not with a lot of things in TDK, like the concept of the copycats.
I felt Blake was developed enough, even following a somewhat similar path that Bruce Wayne took in Batman Begins(the flashbacks mainly) figuring out that he doesn't always need a gun to deal with his problems and finding out his own way of how the system works. That's all that really needed to be said to develop Blake while hiding the fact that he's going to be the successor until the end of the film.

And the copycat situation...copycats that Bruce Wayne did not want who would pop up in hockey pads, untrained and carrying guns. THAT'S the point of not wanting copycats. And even then, Batman wanted out once he saw that Gotham City could survive with a hero "with a face", ala Harvey Dent. Blake is, to me, just the culmination of being able to continue on what Bruce started as Batman, but also can continue on as Harvey Dent would have as well, but the "hero with a face" is now Batman, who is now Robin John Blake as subtly hinted at the end of TDKR when the city finally had their "hero with a face" via a statue. Bruce Wayne had to move on though, but Batman had to stay alive.

Quote:
Bringing the LoS back was cool (I won't lie about that) except for the fact that Talia is hugely underdeveloped, may just have the worst villain motivations in CBM history
I agree Talia was underdeveloped, lol, but I don't think she has the worst villain motivations...after seeing Iron Man 3, I'd give that award to Killian.

Quote:
and the fact that I'm still unsure to this day if they're actually in TDKR (we talked about this before so you know what I mean by that).
Very true. BUT, we both agree the LoS were Bane and Talia though at least. The LoS lived through those two even with our stances on everyone else just being Bane's mercenaries.

Quote:
As for taking the most comic inspiration, like I said before, I feel they didn't mesh those too well in the execution and despite being the most story inspired by the comics, the characters is what matters to me the most in CBM's and TDKR is the least character inspired by the comics out of the three. All this is just my opinion, of course. I got nothing against yours.
I certainly disagree of course, lol. To mesh in all of those stories into one(The Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall, Bane of the Demon, No Man's Land, The Cult) was a stroke of genius as I felt that all worked so well into Bane's story.

Quote:
It may sound like a cool idea on the surface but I personally can't see this Bruce being much of help to Superman. The thing that makes Batman be able to stand next to Superman as his equal despite having no powers is his brilliant mind, which Nolan hasn't shown us in all 3 movies. It's a shame though because, in my opinion, that was the only thing that was keeping the Batman from BB and TDK from being the perfect Batman on the big screen. Nolan really nailed almost everything else.
But here's the thing though...a very human Batman could help out in ways that a god-like alien couldn't. Especially once kryptonite does come into play.

Quote:
That's just something that I heard around the internet. I remember everyone saying that back in July. I haven't found any solid evidence of this so I don't know where everyone else got that info but I do remember someone in TDKR production saying way back before they started shooting that the script so far is about 4 hours long. With that in mind, I basically connected the dots and put two and two together. Now I don't know exactly how much was cut. Maybe it was less than the amount that I'm claiming was cut but I don't think there is any doubt that there was a good amount of footage cut from the theatrical product. Some that worked on TDKR have admitted that there's a lot missing (including that Bane's origin was one of the things that was removed). Nolan himself will never admit it though and will also never release a director's cut. He admitted in the past that he hates the idea of remastered versions, director's cut, extra footage, and all of kind of stuff because he believes those take away from people's experiences. He believes people shouldn't be cheated and should see the whole thing overall when they go see the movie. Basically, he is the total polar opposite of George Lucas. lol

To an extent, it is also a gut feeling I have that so much was cut out. I may sound like I hate the guy since I criticize TDKR so much but I'm actually a huge fan of Nolan, and I cannot believe for a second that such a smart storyteller as him would sit down and write "Right after Bruce Wayne gets out of the prison in the middle of nowhere, he magically appears in Gotham with no explanation as to how he got there". Nolan is a much smarter storyteller than that and to think that he would write something like that in the script is to underestimate him IMO.

It's also important to remember that editing things out from a Christopher Nolan film is not the same thing as editing things out from almost any other film. One thing that makes Nolan such a great storyteller is that unlike a lot of other directors and writers, there are no filler scenes in his movies. Every scene in each movie he does is there to serve some sort of purpose to the movie overall. Sometimes that purpose is big and sometimes it's smaller. Thus deleting stuff from a Nolan movie affects the movie a lot more (in a negative way) than deleted scenes would affect, for example, a Brett Ratner movie and it also becomes a lot more noticeable that scenes are missing when you're watching a Nolan movie due to that. You would also be surprised to hear that no other movie he made so far had any deleted scenes. Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had the full script filmed down to every scene, as well as Inception and the rest. It is almost ironic that TDKR has deleted scenes because Nolan is not too fond of that happening to his movies. That's also one of the reasons why I feel TDKR tried to do too much in one movie.
It is indeed just a gut feeling you have as I haven't heard anything about a 4 hour or so long film. The pieces of deleted scenes we have heard of, it's in the script which you can read. Anything else is just wishful thinking unless someone brings up real proof of such. I feel the 400 page mention is overanalyzed too much as well as of course that was going to be trimmed as scripts usually are. That does NOT mean Nolan filmed all of what was in that draft.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-14-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #287
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
My favourite Bruce/Batman scenes are in the first half, which is interesting given I thought I would’ve outright preferred his city fight-back at the end. The brooding recluse appealed to me, and when the ice slowly began to melt for him. Taking a Lambo to the hospital to check his knee. Ski mask talk to Gordon. Visiting Fox in person. Attending the ball. There’s good momentum in these scenes. And Bruce’s position with the reactor was pure Batman ideology, even if it ended up biting him. No Alfred, no money, reputation damaged, but he still has Batman. And then that’s taken from him too.

I also love the parallel of Bruce looking down at Selina from the balcony at the masquerade ball to when he's perched on the rooftop as Batman looking down at her as Catwoman at Daggett's place.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #288
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I also love the parallel of Bruce looking down at Selina from the balcony at the masquerade ball to when he's perched on the rooftop as Batman looking down at her as Catwoman at Daggett's place.
I didn't think of that. At the ball, it can be said Bruce saved the man from Selina, given she was going to rob him. As Batman, Bruce saved Selina.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #289
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:

Translation: "There is no possible way anyone can have legitimate criticisms towards TDKR and truly believe Nolan really dropped the ball, so everything they take issue with is just them being butthurt that they didn't get the story they wanted."

That's the message that I got from this post. As for why Nolan would come back for a third film in the first place, I already addressed possible reasons for that earlier. I don't see the "evil" in saying that you believe the director's heart wasn't in his project. There are many directors that come back to a beloved franchise of theirs without their heart there despite them not being obligated to do so. George Lucas didn't have to make the prequels; no one forced him to. He came back because he wanted to do Star Wars again. Does this mean that there is no way his heart couldn't have been in the prequels? No. As I'm sure you would agree, his heart was not in there. Going back to Nolan, I also stated 2 reasons as to why I believe his heart wasn't in TDKR - reasons that have nothing to do with the story decisions he made.

I don't believe it is the most complex of the three films. Quite frankly, I find it to be the least complex of the three. In fact, I personally think that it tries to hard to be the most intelligent and complex CBM there is and it fails at it. This may sound really weird to say but to an extent, TDKR feels like the type of CBM that would come out and be a knockoff of TDK. I'll explain what I mean by that. Remember when Donner's Superman came out, was a success, and then you had movies like Supergirl and Steel that tried to copy its classic superhero story feel to obtain the same result? Or when Raimi's Spider-Man came out and you had stuff like the FF movies that tried to replicate its fun cheesy retro style and failed? Or when Iron Man came out and then Green Lantern tried to copy the fun badass action tone that Iron Man had? To me, TDKR feels like it's trying way too hard to be the most intelligent, complex, and realistic CBM there is and fails to do so IMO. I know that probably sounds like a really weird thing to say since it's a sequel to TDK and is done by the same people. Oh boy, I am going to get SO much hate for what I just said. I think I can see the angry mob from my window.

I'm seeing a lot of people use the "We'll never see an ending like that to a CBM ever again" defense. I wonder how many people would still use that defense if they bring back Nolan's Batman for Justice League. I've noticed that a lot of the people that try to defend TDKR with that argument are the same people that keep insisting that Nolan's Batman should be in JL no matter what. But technically, if they do that then it no longer becomes an ending that no CBM would ever give to its hero and I will never have to hear that argument from them again .
Another outstanding post.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #290
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
BB and TDK had deleted scenes too though. The Tumbler being transported to Wayne Manor, Joker escaping the penthouse, etc. Hell, the entire Stage 2 Scarecrow concept was aborted and we know there's footage of it. Nolan just likes to sweep those things under the rug and pretend they don't exist
The tumbler transported to Wayne Manor?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #291
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I didn't think of that. At the ball, it can be said Bruce saved the man from Selina, given she was going to rob him. As Batman, Bruce saved Selina.
Good points there, AnneFan.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #292
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I wonder if he means the tumbler leaving the bat-bunker, right before the big armored car chase scene in TDK?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #293
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Quote:
I wonder if he means the tumbler leaving the bat-bunker, right before the big armored car chase scene in TDK?
Nope. I'm pretty sure there was a scene in Begins of the Tumbler (still camo), being driven back to Wayne Manor. I don't know how long the scene was or what it entailed, I just know it was shot. There were photos of it out there.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #294
shauner111
Side-Kick

Oh, I heard it was just a photo and nothing more..that it wasn't shot or something.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #295
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

You could be right. I just remember that being heavily speculated on back in the day.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #296
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Nope. I'm pretty sure there was a scene in Begins of the Tumbler (still camo), being driven back to Wayne Manor. I don't know how long the scene was or what it entailed, I just know it was shot. There were photos of it out there.
Never heard of that one. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #297
NolanDCU
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Batman doesn't really get to defeat Bane bothers be (as it did in Knightfall).
Huh?

Bruce beats the hell out of him, and then Bane conceits victory to him.

Anyway, TDK quite easily. Begins and Rises both tied in second place.

NolanDCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #298
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Not only does Batman beat Bane physically, but mentally as well as he climbed out of the Pit and regained a new purpose in life. Bane is metaphorically still in prison.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #299
NolanDCU
Banned User

Quote:
Not only does Batman beat Bane physically, but mentally as well as he climbed out of the Pit and regained a new purpose in life. Bane is metaphorically still in prison.
Excellent point, my friend.

As if "I broke you" an a look of utter embarrassment and shock at the ass whooping he received wasn't enough of a "Batman clearly defeats Bane" moment ... agh, the haters of this movie just can't stop from trying to nitpick what isn't even there.

NolanDCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #300
Spider-Dude23
Go web! Flyy...

Quote:
Not to mention that Bruce should've been paralyzed for life after he fell multiple times trying to climb out of the pit. He must have Wolverine's healing ability. But hey, Nolan is the master of realism!