The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite of Nolans Batfilms?
Batman Begins 54 20.00%
The Dark Knight 114 42.22%
The Dark Knight Rises 102 37.78%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #401
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: NOW which film is your favourite??

To me, Begins is the best as it comes off as more of a Batman film than the later two...it has the world I like to see.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #402
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #403
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Begins should be much closer..

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #404
Lord
All Mighty

The Dark Knight, this film was so good

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #405
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
To me, Begins is the best as it comes off as more of a Batman film than the later two...it has the world I like to see.
Really? To me The Dark Knight allways felt like a Batman movie

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #406
Cain
"West West Y'all"

The Dark Knight. Then Batman Begins. Didn't really like The Dark Knight Rises all that much. I never feel like I want to rewatch it.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #407
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Begins should be much closer..
Begins would win the best 1 hour poll.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #408
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

LOL TDKR is 2nd...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #409
milost
Banned User

Someone should make a Batman Begins vs. TDKR thread with a poll. I wonder how that would play out.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #410
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
Someone should make a Batman Begins vs. TDKR thread with a poll. I wonder how that would play out.
I support this idea. TDK has won both threads with polls. I'd like to see how BB and TDKR fare without the fan favorite involved.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #411
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Where are TDKR fans in the debates? Guess it's the vocal minority that always pretend that their voice is fact

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 07-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #412
milost
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I support this idea. TDK has won both threads with polls. I'd like to see how BB and TDKR fare without the fan favorite involved.
Yeah, the Dark Knight always wins.

I'd like to see if Begins would fare better against TDKR if those are the only two choices available, especially with it being well over a year after TDKR's release.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #413
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

The Dark Knight. I consider it a masterpiece of the superhero movies.

Then TDKR, even with its problems had more good than bad. Begins's problems are too many and all over the movie; even when above the majority of superhero movies, in this list it doesn't make it to the top on my list.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #414
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is a good idea. I'm guessing TDKR would win it though, but one never knows.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #415
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
One was started but it was quickly merged with this one.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #416
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Re-watched them all
TDK 10/10
BB 9.5/10
TDKR 6/10 but after a 2nd viewing 7/10

Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #417
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Where are TDKR fans in the debates? Guess it's the vocal minority that always pretend that their voice is fact
We'd just be saying the same thing over again. You can look up old posts by myself and BatLobsterRises if you want our say in the debate.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #418
Green Ghoul
Side-Kick

Although TDK is my favorite of the three, I think Batman Begins was the better Batman tale, whereas TDKR was the better Bruce Wayne tale. TDK is the happy medium, where you get to explore more of the supporting characters and various situations, which is why it comes off so much as a crime drama than the other two.

I think that's why TDK is held in such high regards. It was the first time the general audience and critics got to see how rich the Batman mythos were outside of an origin story or the protagonist/antagonist fighting all the time. Regardless of it's plot holes and flaws, I still think TDK is the smartest comic book movie out there, and it's a shame that the Academy Awards snuffed it for Best Picture, simply because it took the genre to a new level, and that's a big feat for film.

Green Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #419
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

One year ago (the last time I saw the trilogy, just as TDKR hit theatres) it was:

Batman Begins 8/10
The Dark Knight 5/10
The Dark Knight Rises 3/10

Have to re-watch them.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #420
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
One year ago (the last time I saw the trilogy, just as TDKR hit theatres) it was:

Batman Begins 8/10
The Dark Knight 5/10
The Dark Knight Rises 3/10

Have to re-watch them.
Hmmmm, did you make a typing error on your ratings for TDK/TDKR? I ask this because you've got "NOLAN! NOLAN! CHRIS CHRIS! NOLAN! NOLAN!" in your sig.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #421
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

No, the ratings are okay.
This "Nolan! Nolan!" thing is very old. It was from a spoof TDKR's teaser. I have to get rid of it. Thanks for reminding.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #422
RustyCage
Come what may..

The more time passes, the more I find myself turning to Batman Begins for my Batman fix.

I adore Heath's Joker. He shocked me and took his interpretation to places I couldn't have fathomed before I saw it. -Improved- the Joker a hundred fold. I love the edge-of-your-seat story of The Dark Knight. Aaron Eckhart is intense as hell.

But there's something about the sentimentality and the sorrow and the struggle and the learning process throughout Begins that really just grabs my heart and pulls me in. It has gravity. It makes Batman mean more to me.

The portrayal of Batman as a presence is also much more in line with what I think is appropriate for the character than the other films, in terms of the voice, the mannerisms, blah blah blah... That's something that is discussed to death. It's really about that heart and that feeling of Batman being born, and the beginning of what seemed like was going to be a very fleshed out friendship with a brilliantly cast Jim Gordon... they just nailed those key things so well.

I walked out of the theater enchanted by the character of Batman because of that film more than any other, and the feeling has never faded. I smile at the image in my memory of Bruce picking up the burned stethoscope his father showed him as a boy at the end, in the smoldering rubble of Wayne Manor. The brief flashback. Warm, quiet things like that that speak for themselves. Zimmer's accompanying music could make me cry there. The exposition knew when it wasn't needed for the most part... 'Brick for brick.'

Overall, the film had a sense of poetry to it that I miss. So, Begins for me. But maybe just because I'm a big sap.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #423
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
No, the ratings are okay.
This "Nolan! Nolan!" thing is very old. It was from a spoof TDKR's teaser. I have to get rid of it. Thanks for reminding.
Haha, I see. No problem.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #424
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

TDKR for me... Even if it's not the best movie ( that still goes to TDK), I feel it was far more emotional and at last I have an ending for a Superhero story...! Plus for me the ending is far more respectful to the character than the comics, actually giving him a happy ending that he deserved.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #425
shauner111
Side-Kick

Just watched the trilogy in a row with my dad who hasn't seen them (only TDK in parts). It was good for me to watch these again since we're about to enter a new Bat era with the reboot.

My opinion of these movies right now are this...

Act 1 of Begins (or whenever it is up to the point where he appears as Batman) is my favorite thing to come out of this entire trilogy. And perhaps any "comic book movie".

TDK as a whole is better than the last half of Begins by a mile even though I dig the whole trilogy. Dark Knight is still fantastic but I find myself feeling more of that "Batman" fix coming from Act 1 of Begins. It also just touches me more emotionally.

Onto TDKR. The controversial choice.

I have to say this is by far the best film out of the 3 in my opinion. Im going to take this stand from now on until a future film changes my mind. But I think TDKR is my favorite comic book movie of all time, favorite of the trilogy, and personal favorite film of 2012.

Rises just hits all the right notes to me. I still don't see how people think the first 2 were better than this movie. Is it because it feels closer to the comics? Is it because of the large shadow they cast? Is it Heath Ledger's performance? Whatever it is I disagree with.

I still think it has the most emotional story/arc for Bruce Wayne even though his origin story rivals it. Everyone is on top of their game acting wise in this. Bale may have been more fit in the first and younger, while Oldman may have been given his biggest part in TDK...but I think Bale and Caine ESPECIALLY were just top notch in Rises. Hathaway and Hardy are just phenomenal. On the level of Ledger just playing different characters with different colors.

Rises is THE superhero film for me. The best BATMAN film has yet to be made, but so far im giving it to TDKR. Why? Besides emotion & acting, it's down to the filmmaking and im interested in that stuff. Cinematography, use of Imax, the scope of action. I also believe Nolan is getting better as a director as each year passes. Inception is still his best film I think, but he took Rises to a whole other level of scope without being too complex (as Inception might be guilty of at times).

I just think it's the better story out of the 3. It's a beautiful ending. One of my favorite endings in the history of cinema & something I always wanted to see for Batman because it's bold and new.

My final reasons for loving this movie so much more is down to the villain and use of Robin. Bane is Batman's biggest physical challenge while still being an intelligent opponent. We haven't seen that beforehand and will probably never see Batman be faced with that again, at least not in Gotham. Ive never been a massive fan of Robin the teenage boy wonder, so im always happy to see what they did with Blake.

Act 3 was always the weak link of Begins minus the incredible ending with Bruce/Rachel/Alfred at the sight of Wayne Manor which leads into the infamous rooftop scene with the Joker card.

Act 3 of TDK was also that movies weak point. Again, minus the incredible finale with Dent trying to hurt Gordon's family + the infamous speech where Batman has to be hunted.

But Rises never had that problem for me. Act 3 is just as strong as the rest IMO. With that whole bomb/chase sequence. Plus the "extras" were always a weak link in the first two films. Glad Nolan done away with that in the 3rd.

Last edited by shauner111; 08-04-2013 at 06:09 PM.
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote