Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #351
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Pete's going to have no allies, no prestigious job and no one to turn to. Typical Parker luck.
I don't care about the rest but the second one listed I have a big problem with. I have no qualms with Spidey being an outcast again but so help me, if Peter Parker goes back to living in his aunt's attic - I WILL START FIREBOMBING.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #352
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
And it's going to be AWESOME!!!!

Absolutely. I hope Ock leaves Peter's life in tatters by the end of this.

- The Joker
Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #353
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I don't care about the rest but the second one listed I have a big problem with. I have no qualms with Spidey being an outcast again but so help me, if Peter Parker goes back to living in his aunt's attic - I WILL START FIREBOMBING.
Ditto, some upheaval will be interesting, but if it's a COMPLETE return to the status quo of "loser Pete" living with his Aunt etc., I'll be put off. Him as a complete fugitive and living harsher than he ever has is something that could be interesting, but please, no boarding with Aunt May....

Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #354
Miken Ayers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
Damn right...
Ben should be back soon!
There's no reason to. Since there's a Peter Parker. Kaine's different enough to keep around. Ben's just Peter with bleached hair.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #355
THUNDERSTRIKE
I GOT YER PORK GRIND HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
all those Peter Parker naysayers, don't kid yourselves... he WILL be back SOMETIME down the line in the true red and blues... not Otto, not Miles, not Miguel, but the REAL deal...

no bet... it's a sure thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
Damn right...
Ben should be back soon!
the above highlighted line ALSO includes Ben, as well...

sorry, but he's still just a copy of the real, original deal...

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #356
Mr. Dent
Banned User

What's happening right now is pretty exciting, I don't think any of us saw this kind of brand expansion coming. I guess the fact Superior has been selling in the 100k+ range consistently since its debut has led Marvel to do this...and I'm not complaining at all. This is some pretty interesting stuff going down. Not sure if I'll bother with the Superior Foes of Spider-Man or the Carnage mini, but I'm really excited for Avenging turning into Superior Team-Up and the upcoming Superior arc.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #357
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
Is it me, or do Spidey's new thugs seem like they are dressed as Ock's master planner thugs were back in the day?
aloha,
I think you're on to something. Like I've been saying this whole thing is Doc Ock's greatest Master Plan.He's been wanting to be a major player in the New York Underworld since those early days. I looking forward to seeing how SpOcks dealing with Shadowland plays out.
Spidey rules

Old 04-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #358
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Superior SM #7
Best cliffhanger for absolutely AGES.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #359
Thwip!
Side-Kick

It was great. Cant wait for the beatdown

Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #360
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Okay, I just had a complete brainstorm.

The Green Goblin we saw in Superior Spider-Man #4 was not Norman Osborn. Norman is still in a coma. He was smuggled out of the hospital by the Green Goblin cultists (you know the one's who have Green Goblin tattoos?) who were the guards on duty watching over Osborn's bed, and did so on the order of the Green Goblin.

Nor is the Green Goblin Harry Osborn. As we saw in Amazing Spider-Man #697, Harry is in hiding (and looking like Walter White from Breaking Bad) raising his son, and has no interest in getting involved in whatever craziness that used to be his life. No reason why he would ever want to be the Green Goblin again when you take that into consideration.

No, the Green Goblin we saw in Superior Spider-Man #4 is actually Norman Osborn's other son--Gabriel Stacy. Yes, THAT Gabriel Stacy from THAT particular story.

After all, Gabriel was personally raised and groomed by Norman to be the inheritor of Osborn's legacy. He's someone we've seen who wants to please his father and earn his love. And we did see that, during the American Son mini I believe, that Norman Osborn did get in touch with him and give him his blessing. It would be pretty easy for some of the Goblin cultist to have gotten him out of the psychiatric hospital he was staying in after that. And as a dutiful son, why wouldn't Gabriel take his father out of a hospital where he could be looked after by people who are devoted to him? And given that he was a "Goblin" before and has the same powers as Norman, stands to reason that, as Norman's son, he would don his father's costume and take on his mantle as well.

Thus, the stage is being set for a new "Gang War." In one corner, you have Gabriel Stacy as the new Green Goblin with his army of tattooed Goblin cultists, seeking to avenge Norman Osborn by taking down "Spider-Man" once and for all. And, in the other corner, you have Doc Ock as Spider-Man along with his own "Spider Squad" as we saw depicted on the upcoming cover for Superior Spider-Man #14. Thus, you have the "mother of all Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin battles" with both "Spider-Man" and "Green Goblin" being the "inheritors" of each respective legacy.

Just an idea.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #361
THUNDERSTRIKE

wow, the insanity just never stops...

now a FOURTH print variant by Stegman...

and they're all bad.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #362
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:

Aloha,
The price on some of these variants has gotten so outrageous, it's better to just keep tabs of the ones you like and wait at least 6 months.
I like the cover BTW.
Spidey rules

Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #363
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:

Awesome cover

- The Joker
Old 04-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #364
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Aloha,
I think one of the reasons people are liking SpOck is because of his bad ass attitude. Peter's not a complete boy scout but enough of one at times that people are getting sick of it.Also, this kid is a genius. He did invent both webbing and web shooters. He did develop a gps device and tracker as a teen ager(spider tracer). After SpOck ruins Peter's life, I still think that he should be able to do independent contracting work with Stark Industries or work with Reed Richards or even T'Challa in the rebuilding phase of Wakanda. There is no reason for this guy to be broke.
Spidey rules

Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #365
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Okay, I just had a complete brainstorm.

The Green Goblin we saw in Superior Spider-Man #4 was not Norman Osborn. Norman is still in a coma. He was smuggled out of the hospital by the Green Goblin cultists (you know the one's who have Green Goblin tattoos?) who were the guards on duty watching over Osborn's bed, and did so on the order of the Green Goblin.

Nor is the Green Goblin Harry Osborn. As we saw in Amazing Spider-Man #697, Harry is in hiding (and looking like Walter White from Breaking Bad) raising his son, and has no interest in getting involved in whatever craziness that used to be his life. No reason why he would ever want to be the Green Goblin again when you take that into consideration.

No, the Green Goblin we saw in Superior Spider-Man #4 is actually Norman Osborn's other son--Gabriel Stacy. Yes, THAT Gabriel Stacy from THAT particular story.

After all, Gabriel was personally raised and groomed by Norman to be the inheritor of Osborn's legacy. He's someone we've seen who wants to please his father and earn his love. And we did see that, during the American Son mini I believe, that Norman Osborn did get in touch with him and give him his blessing. It would be pretty easy for some of the Goblin cultist to have gotten him out of the psychiatric hospital he was staying in after that. And as a dutiful son, why wouldn't Gabriel take his father out of a hospital where he could be looked after by people who are devoted to him? And given that he was a "Goblin" before and has the same powers as Norman, stands to reason that, as Norman's son, he would don his father's costume and take on his mantle as well.

Thus, the stage is being set for a new "Gang War." In one corner, you have Gabriel Stacy as the new Green Goblin with his army of tattooed Goblin cultists, seeking to avenge Norman Osborn by taking down "Spider-Man" once and for all. And, in the other corner, you have Doc Ock as Spider-Man along with his own "Spider Squad" as we saw depicted on the upcoming cover for Superior Spider-Man #14. Thus, you have the "mother of all Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin battles" with both "Spider-Man" and "Green Goblin" being the "inheritors" of each respective legacy.

Just an idea.
Meh. If it is Gabriel then for me it is a less interesting prospect. I don't think Norman need always be the one true Green Goblin, but Gabriel is too tainted by the story he originated in. He's nothing but a constant reminder of it and I don't think I've seen the character do anything interesting since he was introduced.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #366
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Meh. If it is Gabriel then for me it is a less interesting prospect. I don't think Norman need always be the one true Green Goblin, but Gabriel is too tainted by the story he originated in. He's nothing but a constant reminder of it and I don't think I've seen the character do anything interesting since he was introduced.
What if Octo-Spidey kills him off? He could well do it.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #367
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
What if Octo-Spidey kills him off? He could well do it.
Seems like someone managed to find that silver lining.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #368
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
I think one of the reasons people are liking SpOck is because of his bad ass attitude. Peter's not a complete boy scout but enough of one at times that people are getting sick of it.Also, this kid is a genius. He did invent both webbing and web shooters. He did develop a gps device and tracker as a teen ager(spider tracer). After SpOck ruins Peter's life, I still think that he should be able to do independent contracting work with Stark Industries or work with Reed Richards or even T'Challa in the rebuilding phase of Wakanda. There is no reason for this guy to be broke.
Spidey rules
Agreed. Slott did with Peter what most writers seem to forget to do: he made him a smart guy again.

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #369
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
Spidey rules
Except he can't hold a steady job that pays... when you go off for 3 days to save the Universe, you don't show up at work... and if you don't show up at work, you get fired...

[Doc Ock]Peter Parker... Brilliant... but lazy.[/Doc Ock] - Spider-Man 2

That doesn't mean he should live with his Aunt, but I would have no issues with him living in a small apartment and having money troubles on occasion.

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #370
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Except he can't hold a steady job that pays... when you go off for 3 days to save the Universe, you don't show up at work... and if you don't show up at work, you get fired...

[Doc Ock]Peter Parker... Brilliant... but lazy.[/Doc Ock] - Spider-Man 2

That doesn't mean he should live with his Aunt, but I would have no issues with him living in a small apartment and having money troubles on occasion.

Aloha,
That's just why I said "contract work". No he can't hold a steady job, it's just not in the cards.But he has made enough friends in the super hero community who are also rich that he should be able to get some kind of work.Not rich, but not broke either.
Spidey rules

Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #371
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

That might work... but even with contract work, you still have to meet scheduled deadlines...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #372
THUNDERSTRIKE

is it ME, or is this a REALLY badly done cover by Stegman?

and they're all bad.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #373
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I'm not too keen on the thick black lines indicating some sort of glare or the maddening drool look.

It's certainly not the worst cover I've seen in my life.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #374
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

The glare thing is probably because the original version of the cover was a lot more vibrant

Old 04-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #375
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

I don't know, that cover doesn't bother me.

This past issue of Superior was great! I really am enjoying this ride! And I know he has his critics on these boards, but I thought Ramos's art was great last issue (give or take a few odd anatomy problems in one or two panels). Can't wait to see him handle SpOck's battle with the Avengers!

And stillanerd, I really hate Sins Past and all things related, so I hope Slott doesn't bring Gabriel back. Unless of course, as Hobgoblin suggests, it's to kill him off.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Closed Thread