The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #626
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Well, the Memory Fragment is what I mean might have influenced Pete's actions while in Ock's dieing body.

The "Real Ghost Pete" I would suspect is hidden away in the "Soul Molecule." Perhaps it was in the golden Octobot. I forgot now. Did the Goblin "find" the octobot and broke into it? Perhaps something to stillanerd's theory...

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #627
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I'm digging the idea of Peter in Norman's body...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #628
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
OMG... Bad thought just now....
Now he can go and have sex with Gwen...again...

Or maybe it was a Time-Traveled Pete's mind in Norman's body that originally had sex with Gwen...
Well, Peter and Gwen never had the "sex"... so if he has Norman's memories, he can at least now know what it was like... though I'm sure similarly, it might be like him having Otto's memories of Otto's "moments" with Aunt May...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 05-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #629
THUNDERSTRIKE
A SWINEFELD KIND OF HOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Well, Peter and Gwen never had the "sex"... so if he has Norman's memories, he can at least now know what it was like... though I'm sure similarly, it might be like him having Otto's memories of Otto's "moments" with Aunt May...

wow, even though those "'moments' never happened between Otto and May, I'm trying to get some not-too-pretty images out of my mind right now...

jeez...

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm content just to be a malcontent.

Hey, I AM a nice guy...
just don't ask all those biased morons that are all against me.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #630
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

There's a few images that might cause me to drink in an effort to scrub my brain clean. lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #631
stillanerd
Side-Kick

I just thought of another possible explanation for my Peter in Norman Osborn's body theory

What if Julia Carpenter, in a desperate attempt to save Peter from Doc Ock's mind swap, used her psychic powers to pilot Norman Osborn's body like a remote control toy? But of course wound up being too late. And she had to wait until Peter died because she couldn't remove his mind/soul once it was attached to Doc Ock's body. So when Peter and Doc Ock were fighting in Amazing Spider-Man #700, Norman was amongst the crowd, hidden via Julia's psychic powers and then, right when Peter died, that allowed her to pulled Peter's soul/astral form into Norman.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 05-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #632
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I think at this point there are so many different avenues they can go down. There's way too many variables in the mix and tons of unanswered questions/dangling plot-lines.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #633
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Hey guys, was at Midtown comics today and contemplated the commencement of the first issues of Superior Spidey.

I became apprehensive and discarded them for classic Amazing issues because I'm not sure if it is worth it. Could ya guys help a fan out? Is it worth reading? Because...frankly, although I'm not opposed to the idea it is weird to know Peter is actually Doc Ock now.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 AM   #634
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I think it's great and I've really enjoyed every issue so far. I'd definitely pick it up if I were you.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #635
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Thanks man! I will next time I'm in Midtown.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #636
Themanofbat

It's been a really fun and awesome book thus far...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #637
THUNDERSTRIKE
A SWINEFELD KIND OF HOG

I gotta admit, even an old school hardcore hardass like me has been impressed... and I haven't felt this way about the character for YEARS now...

but being old school, I STILL want Pete to return... and you can bet the farm that SOMETIME down the road, he WILL reclaim his rightful position...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #638
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Superior Spider-Man has been a great jumping on point for me. I've read Peter's entire run in Ultimate Spider-Man and I was ready to jump aboard the 616 universe. So thanks to Marvel Now, that was made possible.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #639
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
I gotta admit, even an old school hardcore hardass like me has been impressed... and I haven't felt this way about the character for YEARS now...

but being old school, I STILL want Pete to return... and you can bet the farm that SOMETIME down the road, he WILL reclaim his rightful position...
And if you can please THUNDERSTRIKE with Spidey, that's saying something!

I too am a longtime fan (maybe 10 years behind Thunder, but that's still 40 years!) and have loved Slott's run, which started with Big Time and continues in Superior. I would put his run up with my favorite runs on the title!

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #640
Themanofbat

I already have him billed as the 4th best writer on ASM...

1) Stan Lee
2) Marv Wolfman
3) Roger Stern
4) Dan Slott
5) Gerry Conway

#5 five is always a toss-up between Gerry Conway & Len Wein... but ultimately, I always pick Conway... only because while Wein's run was terrific most times, it did have a few "duds"... especially the "early issues" on his run... the 150's... the deadliest yards issue, Mirrage, the W.H.O.D.U.N.N.I.T Computer... ugh... but it really picks up with Doc OCk & the Ghost of Hammerhead, Nightcrawler, the Kingpin, Stegron & the Lizard, the Marla Jameson Spider-Slayer, and the Bart Hamilton Green Goblin 5 parter... great stuff...

Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #641
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
I already have him billed as the 4th best writer on ASM...

1) Stan Lee
2) Marv Wolfman
3) Roger Stern
4) Dan Slott
5) Gerry Conway

#5 five is always a toss-up between Gerry Conway & Len Wein... but ultimately, I always pick Conway... only because while Wein's run was terrific most times, it did have a few "duds"... especially the "early issues" on his run... the 150's... the deadliest yards issue, Mirrage, the W.H.O.D.U.N.N.I.T Computer... ugh... but it really picks up with Doc OCk & the Ghost of Hammerhead, Nightcrawler, the Kingpin, Stegron & the Lizard, the Marla Jameson Spider-Slayer, and the Bart Hamilton Green Goblin 5 parter... great stuff...

I never really looked who the writer was, but saw eras by artists (such as the Ross Andru era, MacFarlane era, etc). But, I was not as much a fan of the Wolfman era. That was when Andru left right? So taking him out, there would be room for Wein, which I agree about the early duds, but loved the Hamilton/Gobiln story! I also liked the MacFarlane/Larsen era, was that Micheline or something?

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #642
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I'd make a list but guys like Lee, Wolfman and Conway I read after the fact and I wasn't on Spider-Man until Roger Stern. The only guys I was into after Stern was DeFalco, Peter David, Michelenie and DeMatteis. I'd put Slott right up there with those guys, whose runs I adore.

Conway had a solid second turn in Spectacular. JMS had a strong first half of a run but was ruined by editorial interference. I loved Wolfman's stuff after the fact.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #643
THUNDERSTRIKE
A SWINEFELD KIND OF HOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
And if you can please THUNDERSTRIKE with Spidey, that's saying something!

I too am a longtime fan (maybe 10 years behind Thunder, but that's still 40 years!) and have loved Slott's run, which started with Big Time and continues in Superior. I would put his run up with my favorite runs on the title!

hey, sometimes even an old hardcase can bend and compromise...

Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #644
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Hey guys, was at Midtown comics today and contemplated the commencement of the first issues of Superior Spidey.

I became apprehensive and discarded them for classic Amazing issues because I'm not sure if it is worth it. Could ya guys help a fan out? Is it worth reading? Because...frankly, although I'm not opposed to the idea it is weird to know Peter is actually Doc Ock now.
Buy it! It's been fantastic so far. A real breath of fresh air for the Spidey comics, IMO.

- The Joker
Old 05-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #645
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

For a guy named Spideyfan 93, you seem to be quick to avoid Superior since you were probably around during far more abominable story-lines like the Clone Saga, Sins Past or OMD....

Or is it you were born in 93? I want answers dammit!!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #646
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never really looked who the writer was, but saw eras by artists (such as the Ross Andru era, MacFarlane era, etc). But, I was not as much a fan of the Wolfman era. That was when Andru left right? So taking him out, there would be room for Wein, which I agree about the early duds, but loved the Hamilton/Gobiln story! I also liked the MacFarlane/Larsen era, was that Micheline or something?
Yep, Micheline, and that stretched into the Bagley era as well.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #647
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
Superior while it is mostly well written tries to hard to make Otto seem like he was never completely bad.
It's pretty much tongue in cheek though. Otto has convinced himself that he's some kind of hero but to the reader he's as deranged as ever.

Roles have been reversed, you find yourself rooting against the hero so he gets exposed and soon will be rooting for the Green Goblin. That's what makes this a huge win.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #648
Themanofbat

Quote:
That was the Micheline era... but man, once editorial mandate forced him to have Venom in the book all the time, along with guest appearances all over the Marvel universe, as well as the horrid Larsen art... his writing ranks much lower than I would have thought on my all-time list of ASM writers...

1) Stan Lee
2) Marv Wolfman
3) Roger Stern
4) Dan Slott
5) Gerry Conway
6) Len Wein
7) Tom DeFalco (first run)
8) Spider-Brain-Trust
9) JMDeMattheis
10) David Micheline
11) JMS
12) Tom DeFalco (2nd run)
13) Denis O`Neill
14) Howard Mackie

Some of these can be "debatable" pending on my mood, but for the most part... that's pretty accurate to me...

Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #649
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
That was the Micheline era... but man, once editorial mandate forced him to have Venom in the book all the time, along with guest appearances all over the Marvel universe, as well as the horrid Larsen art... his writing ranks much lower than I would have thought on my all-time list of ASM writers...

1) Stan Lee
2) Marv Wolfman
3) Roger Stern
4) Dan Slott
5) Gerry Conway
6) Len Wein
7) Tom DeFalco (first run)
8) Spider-Brain-Trust
9) JMDeMattheis
10) David Micheline
11) JMS
12) Tom DeFalco (2nd run)
13) Denis O`Neill
14) Howard Mackie

Some of these can be "debatable" pending on my mood, but for the most part... that's pretty accurate to me...

I liked Larsen.

I liked him better than Bagley.

And Spider-Brain-Trust, are you talking about the BND run? Ug, no!

Again, I never paid attention to writers, more artists. I'd have to look up who was writing the stuff I enjoyed.

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #650
Themanofbat

I guess after a few years of some really crappy JMS stories, they were a very solid breath of fresh air... there were some duds... I'm looking at you Bob Gale... but for the most part, that run was pretty solid.

A honourable mention should go out to Peter David, who might take out Conway or Wein for #5 or #6 IF he had written his Spider-Books in ASM... but most of his good stuff was on Spectacular...

When SSM #107 came out, I was calling him the "new" Alan Moore...

Closed Thread