The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #876
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Peter will be back. If I had money on it.....I'd say it will be at the end of 2014. The last issue of Superior will be in Nov/Dec and ASM will be back the following month. Just like how they did it this last time. I also think that when Peter does come back, we'll get a book named "Peter Parker: The Amazing Spider-Man", a nod to two of his past series. They'll want to cement that he's back and the cover will reflect that.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #877
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I want the Superior title to continue even after Peter comes back. I think this whole arc is taking place to prove that Peter is the true Superior Spider-Man.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #878
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Peter will be back. If I had money on it.....I'd say it will be at the end of 2014. The last issue of Superior will be in Nov/Dec and ASM will be back the following month. Just like how they did it this last time. I also think that when Peter does come back, we'll get a book named "Peter Parker: The Amazing Spider-Man", a nod to two of his past series. They'll want to cement that he's back and the cover will reflect that.
Peter Parker: The Superior Spider-Man

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 07-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #879
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I could see this being the next Clone Saga... starts out good but is dragged out way too long until it's a smear on the character's history.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 07-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #880
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE DEVIL MADE ME EAT IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post

THERE ya go...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #881
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

This is what I see happening:
Otto stays as a Spider regardless of if its in Peter's body.
Peter comes back. In his own body or another...
There will be 2 Spider-Man ongoing titles.
Superior Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Both will be written by Dan for a while, each will be only a Once a Month titles.
Dan will after setting Amazing up to a certain point will continue to write Superior and it will jump back up to a Twice a Month title.
Gage will take over Amazing and it might become a Twice a Month title.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #882
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Or maybe there will be Reign of the Spider-Men. There will be an armored one, a vigilante one with a visor, a half cyborg Spidey and a teenage clone Spidey with a leather jacket.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #883
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
I want the Superior title to continue even after Peter comes back. I think this whole arc is taking place to prove that Peter is the true Superior Spider-Man.
I highly doubt that's gonna happen. The name change is going to be key. Marvel is going to want this book on stands basically screaming out that it's Peter back under the mask. It's all about marketing.

I want all this cool tech to stay. Peter is going to have one thing when he comes back.....a doctorate. He'll forever be Dr. Peter Parker and will never have job issues again. The only thing is JJJ will despise him more than ever, MJ will be more distant and every hero won't trust him, not even the Punisher. Spidey (as a hero) needs to have the odds stacked against him again. It would be a nice twist to the "hero that could be you" line. Would you really want to be that hero if you're personal life was better than your alias?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #884
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Well, the stuff Dan Slott hinted in his interview with Comic Book Resources and in the one he gave at Newsarama regarding "the lasting effects on Spider-Man, the cast, and the rest of the Marvel Universe," the "heart breaking" developments, and "the lasting effects," I'm guessing the following possible developments which I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong, wrong, wrong.

*After teaming-up with Miquel O'Hara to save Tiberius Stone, SpOck double-crosses him and kills Stone, believing it's the "responsible" thing to do in order to prevent him from founding Alchemex. This, of course, results in the 2099 timeline being erased from existence. However, due to some "whibly-wobbly, timey-whimy," Miquel O'Hara is able to survive being erased himself and winds up stuck in the present day with no way of getting back home to his original time. This, of course, allows for the possibility of a new Spider-Man 2099 series should Marvel choose to have one.

*SpOck, on the verge of completing his doctorate as Peter, goes to Max Modell and reveals that he secretly purchased the majority of the Horizon Labs stock, thus making him the actual owner of Horizon Labs. And as his first act, he fires Modell from his own company and makes himself the new CEO and relocates the headquarters of Horizon Labs to "Spider-Island II."

*Upon encountering the Black Cat, SpOck, because he no longer has Peter's memories, will treat her just like any other criminal, and thus she will feel betrayed that "her Spider" now "hates" her so much, probably blaming herself for "driving him away."

*In Superior Spider-Man #21, SpOck battles with his ex-girlfriend, Stunner, who, seeks revenge against "Spider-Man" for killing her beloved. However, since the real Stunner is in a coma, this Stunner is really a "virtual-reality ghost" of who she once was. Thus, after defeating her, SpOck is forced to remove Stunner from life-support to prevent future "ghosts" from emerging.

*SpOck proposes...to Anna Maria Marconi, much to the shock of Aunt May, as she was not expecting her "nephew's new fiancee" to be a little person. This, along with SpOck taking over Horizon Labs the way he did, begins to wonder if something is seriously wrong with "Peter." Likewise, when Mary Jane hears the news, it convinces her even more that something more is going on besides "Peter" acting like a different person, becoming even more determined to try and get in touch with Carlie to find out what is really going on.

*Considering that Flash was the guy who always rooted for Spidey no matter what, and who, in spite of not knowing that Spidey was really "Puny Parker," had a better, instinctive grasp of what was really going on with Spidey than most of the other cast members, I imagine that during or after his encounter with SpOck, Flash is going to say something to someone along the lines of, "I don't who that is or how it happened, but I'm telling you--that's not the real Spider-Man!" And of course, no one will believe him.

*Carlie, after conducting the autopsy on Alistair Smythe, finds that there is a recording of SpOck's confession, thus giving her the evidence she needs. Unfortunately for her, SpOck gets wind of this via his spider-bots, and has his minions go after her, resulting in the death of Captain Watanabee, and Carlie framed for her murder and thus becomes a fugitive.

*Harry Osborn and his son are kidnapped by members of the Goblin Cult and brought back to New York to the Green Goblin, or rather the Goblin King, who tells Harry that he needs his help in stopping Spider-Man. Believing that the Goblin King is his father, Norman, Harry outright refuses, saying how he's done nothing but ruin his life and wants nothing more to do with him. The Goblin King then says "I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no other choice." He then removes his mask to reveal the face of...PETER PARKER!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 07-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #885
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
I'm guessing the following possible developments which I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong, wrong, wrong.
It's hard to tell you that you're wrong wrong wrong when most of the time, you're dead on.

For the record, I do agree that in some way, that's Peter under the Goblin King mask.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #886
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

One important Question....
Where is Jackal?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #887
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
One important Question....
Where is Jackal?
He was in an issue of Avenging Spider-Man. He took over one of Mr. Sinister's labs.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #888
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Well, the stuff Dan Slott hinted in his interview with Comic Book Resources and in the one he gave at Newsarama regarding "the lasting effects on Spider-Man, the cast, and the rest of the Marvel Universe," the "heart breaking" developments, and "the lasting effects," I'm guessing the following possible developments which I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong, wrong, wrong.

The Goblin King then says "I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no other choice." He then removes his mask to reveal the face of...PETER PARKER!

Sometimes, I'm afraid to read your speculation, because it comes so close to what happens. But, if Pete somehow turns out to be the Goblin King, that would be AWESOME!

I mean Ock as Spidey vs. Pete as Goblin (and maybe Norman)? That would be EPIC!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 07-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #889
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I wonder if Slott already has his "out" planned? I'm assuming it will be scientific and not mystic because anytime magical stuff is in Spidey's it falls flat.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #890
tw9876z
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Sometimes, I'm afraid to read your speculation, because it comes so close to what happens. But, if Pete somehow turns out to be the Goblin King, that would be AWESOME!

I mean Ock as Spidey vs. Pete as Goblin (and maybe Norman)? That would be EPIC!
I think this will happen too. The green goblin is just being played out way too slowly for it not to be a set up. But what I think people are missing is this:

There will be a major battle between Peter as Green Goblin and SpOck. What will happen though is Carlie will die in a way which is reminiscent of Gwens death. SpOck will murder Carlie to protect his identity while fighting Peter over the Spider-man body. This will lead to a major duel where they switch bodies and Ock is now in the body of Green Goblin.

This will lead to Green Goblin knowing who Spider-Man is again and that the memories SpOck erased from the gold octobot were those of a comatose Osbourn.

The whole Carlie knowing the truth and Peter as the goblin will intersect at this point where superior ends. Both of those subplots are playing out very slowly over the series and will be the overall arc of Superior. Peter will return to a damaged life and the guilt of Carlies death on his hands. And Otto will have a new vendetta against spider-man and have the resources of Osbourn at his disposal. This vendetta against Spider-man will have him return to the role of villain and combine two of Spider-mans biggest enemies into one.

I also forsee a huge battle between both SpOcks minions and Peter Goblins forces in a war like fashion while pete and otto fight. After they switch bodies I kinda hope that Peter makes a comment about how is he going to tell the minions they are out of a job out loud to himself but that SpOck has a radio in the mask so the whole spider-army hears him. something to show the return of parker luck and humor in one moment. THe moment the smoke has cleared from the fight he should make a classic quip.

Edit: Peter Goblin will have some plan as to break his criminal forces apart and not let Otto inherit those when then swap. How he would do this I cannot figure out.

"Well did you hear, theres a natural order. Those most deserving will end up with the most. That the cream cannot help but rise up to the top. Well I say s*** floats" - jarvis cocker

Last edited by tw9876z; 07-19-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #891
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I really like your theories nerd and tw! Itsounds so nicely constructed I could see Slott doing it! But I think it may be in for different surprises that would be equally as amazing.
Quote:

That's fantastic. I'd love it. Or but "Real" or "True" between The and Superior.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #892
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
I would think it has at least 50 issues in it... 100 tops...

If it goes beyond that, maybe what Marvel says is true...

Aloha,
I still think it's going to last until around the time of the next movie. Millions of dollars in advertising is going to be spent on the title The Amazing Spider-Man, when people go to Marvel for a comic book of that name if they can't find it, it's a missed marketing opportunity. This happened when the first X-Men movie came out and Heads rolled at Marvel because they didn't think to tie in the movie marketing with their comics.
Spidey rules

Old 07-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #893
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
I still think it's going to last until around the time of the next movie. Millions of dollars in advertising is going to be spent on the title The Amazing Spider-Man, when people go to Marvel for a comic book of that name if they can't find it, it's a missed marketing opportunity. This happened when the first X-Men movie came out and Heads rolled at Marvel because they didn't think to tie in the movie marketing with their comics.
Spidey rules
How does something like this happen?

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 07-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #894
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
How does something like this happen?

It didn't because it's not entirely true. They did the "Revolution" revamp of the line in 2000 right when the movie came out because of the new movie. The X-Men just came off of The Twelve storyline, which was the culmination of a lot of long running plotlines, so they hired Chris Claremont back on both X-Men titles. The covers even said on them "The comic that inspired the movie". The problem was, Claremont's stories were as convoluted as ever and the run was poorly received. That's when Marvel went after Morrison for New X-Men.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #895
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
He was in an issue of Avenging Spider-Man. He took over one of Mr. Sinister's labs.
Ok, not what I meant... :-p
I was trying to allude to his being around is probably a way for Peter to come back...

Old 07-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #896
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

*edit...double post*

Last edited by KaineMorrison; 07-20-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #897
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:

*After teaming-up with Miquel O'Hara to save Tiberius Stone, SpOck double-crosses him and kills Stone, believing it's the "responsible" thing to do in order to prevent him from founding Alchemex. This, of course, results in the 2099 timeline being erased from existence. However, due to some "whibly-wobbly, timey-whimy," Miquel O'Hara is able to survive being erased himself and winds up stuck in the present day with no way of getting back home to his original time. This, of course, allows for the possibility of a new Spider-Man 2099 series should Marvel choose to have one.

*SpOck, on the verge of completing his doctorate as Peter, goes to Max Modell and reveals that he secretly purchased the majority of the Horizon Labs stock, thus making him the actual owner of Horizon Labs. And as his first act, he fires Modell from his own company and makes himself the new CEO and relocates the headquarters of Horizon Labs to "Spider-Island II."

*Upon encountering the Black Cat, SpOck, because he no longer has Peter's memories, will treat her just like any other criminal, and thus she will feel betrayed that "her Spider" now "hates" her so much, probably blaming herself for "driving him away."

*In Superior Spider-Man #21, SpOck battles with his ex-girlfriend, Stunner, who, seeks revenge against "Spider-Man" for killing her beloved. However, since the real Stunner is in a coma, this Stunner is really a "virtual-reality ghost" of who she once was. Thus, after defeating her, SpOck is forced to remove Stunner from life-support to prevent future "ghosts" from emerging.

*SpOck proposes...to Anna Maria Marconi, much to the shock of Aunt May, as she was not expecting her "nephew's new fiancee" to be a little person. This, along with SpOck taking over Horizon Labs the way he did, begins to wonder if something is seriously wrong with "Peter." Likewise, when Mary Jane hears the news, it convinces her even more that something more is going on besides "Peter" acting like a different person, becoming even more determined to try and get in touch with Carlie to find out what is really going on.

*Considering that Flash was the guy who always rooted for Spidey no matter what, and who, in spite of not knowing that Spidey was really "Puny Parker," had a better, instinctive grasp of what was really going on with Spidey than most of the other cast members, I imagine that during or after his encounter with SpOck, Flash is going to say something to someone along the lines of, "I don't who that is or how it happened, but I'm telling you--that's not the real Spider-Man!" And of course, no one will believe him.

*Carlie, after conducting the autopsy on Alistair Smythe, finds that there is a recording of SpOck's confession, thus giving her the evidence she needs. Unfortunately for her, SpOck gets wind of this via his spider-bots, and has his minions go after her, resulting in the death of Captain Watanabee, and Carlie framed for her murder and thus becomes a fugitive.

*Harry Osborn and his son are kidnapped by members of the Goblin Cult and brought back to New York to the Green Goblin, or rather the Goblin King, who tells Harry that he needs his help in stopping Spider-Man. Believing that the Goblin King is his father, Norman, Harry outright refuses, saying how he's done nothing but ruin his life and wants nothing more to do with him. The Goblin King then says "I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no other choice." He then removes his mask to reveal the face of...PETER PARKER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw9876z View Post
I think this will happen too. The green goblin is just being played out way too slowly for it not to be a set up. But what I think people are missing is this:

There will be a major battle between Peter as Green Goblin and SpOck. What will happen though is Carlie will die in a way which is reminiscent of Gwens death. SpOck will murder Carlie to protect his identity while fighting Peter over the Spider-man body. This will lead to a major duel where they switch bodies and Ock is now in the body of Green Goblin.

This will lead to Green Goblin knowing who Spider-Man is again and that the memories SpOck erased from the gold octobot were those of a comatose Osbourn.

The whole Carlie knowing the truth and Peter as the goblin will intersect at this point where superior ends. Both of those subplots are playing out very slowly over the series and will be the overall arc of Superior. Peter will return to a damaged life and the guilt of Carlies death on his hands. And Otto will have a new vendetta against spider-man and have the resources of Osbourn at his disposal. This vendetta against Spider-man will have him return to the role of villain and combine two of Spider-mans biggest enemies into one.

I also forsee a huge battle between both SpOcks minions and Peter Goblins forces in a war like fashion while pete and otto fight. After they switch bodies I kinda hope that Peter makes a comment about how is he going to tell the minions they are out of a job out loud to himself but that SpOck has a radio in the mask so the whole spider-army hears him. something to show the return of parker luck and humor in one moment. THe moment the smoke has cleared from the fight he should make a classic quip.

Edit: Peter Goblin will have some plan as to break his criminal forces apart and not let Otto inherit those when then swap. How he would do this I cannot figure out.
The ONLY problem with both of your theories is that neither take into account the recently announced return of Doc Ock's body...

Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #898
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
The ONLY problem with both of your theories is that neither take into account the recently announced return of Doc Ock's body...
Ok, I have not heard this yet. Where is this info?

If true, then how about Ock is in Pete, Pete is in Norman, and Norman is in Ock.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #899
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE DEVIL MADE ME EAT IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Ok, I have not heard this yet. Where is this info?

If true, then how about Ock is in Pete, Pete is in Norman, and Norman is in Ock.

wow, THAT'S a mind-blower there...

works for ME...

and why does all that just sound so dirty?... LOL...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 07-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #900
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
wow, THAT'S a mind-blower there...

works for ME...

and why does all that just sound so dirty?... LOL...

Yeah, that's what I thought when I was typing it.

Closed Thread