4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #152
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
How would you guys feel if Michael Bay was the director?
I would leave this place and never see it in theaters. Christian Bale would go on a rant and get arrested and so would I!

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #153
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

heh...

Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #154
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
i would leave this place and never see it in theaters. Christian bale would go on a rant and get arrested and so would i!

Oh GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #155
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

I want to see Tim Burton come back!

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #156
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Talk about taking the franchise to new places!

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #157
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

He just forgot the sarcasm face

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #158
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Can you imagine a Batman film with the Scarecrow as the main villain with Darren Afronofsky directing? The magnificently trippy visuals we would get?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #159
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

I've always thought his style would best match with Synder's MOS and JL.

But people are worried about what he would do to the characterization writing. Nolan and WB would never let him do what he was planning before.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #160
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I'm sure Nolan wouldn't -- at least at the possibility of looking like a hypocrite -- object to a filmmaker taking Batman to bold new places. It would be interesting how the fanboys react though. Burton, Joel and Nolan, all three have received scorn on different levels and magnitudes for some of the things they have done.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #161
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Can you imagine a Batman film with the Scarecrow as the main villain with Darren Afronofsky directing? The magnificently trippy visuals we would get?
I could imagine it next to David Cronenberg's Batman film but neither will probably ever happen.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #162
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

^^Difference is that Aronofsky wanted to make a Batman film and Cronenberg doesn't think highly of comic book movies.

Quote:
"A superhero movie, by definition, you know, it's comic book. It's for kids. It's adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, 'Dark Knight Rises' is, you know, supreme cinema art, I don't think they know what the f**k they're talking about."

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #163
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

edit

Last edited by hellblazer103; 03-19-2013 at 02:24 AM.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #164
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

The easiest character to single out would be Batman to disprove his point just in sheer amount and quality GNs/comics about him that are mature. The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, The Long Halloween, Year One, The Black Mirror. His point is now invalid.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #165
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
^^Difference is that Aronofsky wanted to make a Batman film and Cronenberg doesn't think highly of comic book movies.
Doesn't matter because I honestly don't think Aronofsky will get the job even with his interest years ago, that was my point. Not to mention I don't want another film that's in the same vein of seriousness for Batman. It needs to be taken into a different direction.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #166
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Doesn't matter because I honestly don't think Aronofsky will get the job even with his interest years ago, that was my point. Not to mention I don't want another film that's in the same vein of seriousness for Batman. It needs to be taken into a different direction.
Ah, okay. I thought you meant based on the director's interest in the franchise.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #167
OutRiddled
Banned User

Quote:
"A superhero movie, by definition, you know, it's comic book. It's for kids. It's adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, 'Dark Knight Rises' is, you know, supreme cinema art, I don't think they know what the f**k they're talking about."
Well said.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #168
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
I want to see him comb his hair and get a trim! If he ever touches Batman again ill personally slap him!

Old 03-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #169
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Well said.
Well said? That guy is a jabroni with a massive ego. He just doesn't understand the comics of today if he thinks the target audience is only for children. And he's either watching Nolans Batman movies with a ignorant mindset from the get-go or he's watching too many of the other comic book movies. I don't think anyone is calling TDKR supreme cinema art. He's just being a jerk. But it's far more serious and emotional and practical (technically speaking with how it was filmed) than the majority of these movies within the genre.

He can have his opinion, I just don't agree with it. And he's overrated himself.

And for you OutRiddled, ur also entitled to ur opinion. But while u think Nolans movies are too long or boring or not entertaining enough, I personally think the opposite. It's just about what kind of cinema you like. I'm a big Kubrick fan for instance, but I find Nolans movies like his Bat-trilogy, Inception, Prestige or Memento to be more in the realm of "entertainment". I've been a big 2001, Clockwork Orange & Shining fan for a long time but ill take Nolans films (with the exception of Insomnia/Following) over them because it has more fun action and emotion AND it makes me think more. That's me.

But that guy just comes off as a snob of film if it's not in a certain genre. And if anybody thinks TDKR is art (I do, but I don't exaggerate like he's wording it) then why can't they have that opinion? He's a snob.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #170
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Well said.

Well said to the guy who directed a graphic novel?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #171
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I've always thought his style would best match with Synder's MOS and JL.

But people are worried about what he would do to the characterization writing. Nolan and WB would never let him do what he was planning before.
Gill said when Batman: Year One was being developed they were just seeing how far they could push Batman in the opposite direction after Batman & Robin, they came to their senses and produced Batman Begins instead.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #172
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Well said? That guy is a jabroni with a massive ego. He just doesn't understand the comics of today if he thinks the target audience is only for children. And he's either watching Nolans Batman movies with a ignorant mindset from the get-go or he's watching too many of the other comic book movies. I don't think anyone is calling TDKR supreme cinema art. He's just being a jerk. But it's far more serious and emotional and practical (technically speaking with how it was filmed) than the majority of these movies within the genre.

He can have his opinion, I just don't agree with it. And he's overrated himself.

And for you OutRiddled, ur also entitled to ur opinion. But while u think Nolans movies are too long or boring or not entertaining enough, I personally think the opposite. It's just about what kind of cinema you like. I'm a big Kubrick fan for instance, but I find Nolans movies like his Bat-trilogy, Inception, Prestige or Memento to be more in the realm of "entertainment". I've been a big 2001, Clockwork Orange & Shining fan for a long time but ill take Nolans films (with the exception of Insomnia/Following) over them because it has more fun action and emotion AND it makes me think more. That's me.

But that guy just comes off as a snob of film if it's not in a certain genre. And if anybody thinks TDKR is art (I do, but I don't exaggerate like he's wording it) then why can't they have that opinion? He's a snob.
I don't think I could've said it better myself.

let's not forget this guy directed " a history of violence " , a film that was based on a comic book. or a "graphic novel " as he would call it to save face. so this is definitely hypocritical for him. to say that it's impossible to write a mature comic book story involving superheroes, he's obviously never read watchmen, arkham asylum, the killing joke, or millions of other comics that easily prove him wrong. and yes he's directed some great films and all but that doesn't give him the liberty to be a straight up dick with a comment like this, plus he was in Jason X, which certainly isn't "supreme cinema art " either.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #173
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
I don't think I could've said it better myself.

let's not forget this guy directed " a history of violence " , a film that was based on a comic book. or a "graphic novel " as he would call it to save face. so this is definitely hypocritical for him. to say that it's impossible to write a mature comic book story involving superheroes, he's obviously never read watchmen, arkham asylum, the killing joke, or millions of other comics that easily prove him wrong. and yes he's directed some great films and all but that doesn't give him the liberty to be a straight up dick with a comment like this, plus he was in Jason X, which certainly isn't "supreme cinema art " either.
Nailed it.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #174
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Gill said when Batman: Year One was being developed they were just seeing how far they could push Batman in the opposite direction after Batman & Robin, they came to their senses and produced Batman Begins instead.
That's right.

Aronofsky would make a great director. I love his style. Would suit Batman very well.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #175
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

people tend to forget that Aronofsky was about to give us a film that featured a big black guy named " Big Al " that....lived in a trailer or something ? (been a while since i read that script )instead of Alfred , and many other awful things.

as long as he strays away from that kinda stuff, then...sure, i'd love a batman film from him