The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Upcoming Batman Solo Movie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #176
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,399
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

And didn't he know that there is a character in South Park called Big GAY Al?

I think with Nolan by his side, he wouldn't go too crazy again!

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #177
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,599
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

I heard somewhere that those ideas was just his way of testing how far WB would let him go but then he got dumped for it.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #178
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,399
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

So it's doubtful that will be happening again lol

But because of it, people are weary of him. It's not necessary.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #179
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,960
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

How about Sam Raimi?

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman

Last edited by Young Superman; 03-26-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #180
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka
 
DarkSovereignty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 14,381
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

If he can bring back the aesthetic he had for dark man, then I could dig Sam raimi.

__________________
http://dapperfowl.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #181
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,467
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Please no Raimi. I'd like to see him go back to making horror, and more than anything I want some fresh blood.

Rian Johnson is someone I definitely wouldn't mind getting the gig. I'd like to see the franchise in the hands of another writer/director. I really enjoyed Looper, and anyone who's directed a Breaking Bad episode (he's done 3) is already bringing a pedigree to the project IMO.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #182
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.
 
Mrs. Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,553
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

For all we know the next Batman director probably isn't even popular yet. How many people knew who Christopher Nolan was before Begins?

__________________
The things I do to win a Deathmatch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 AM   #183
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,605
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Rian Johnson is the only director that would be get me as excited as another Christopher Nolan batfilm.

Aronofsky, Fincher, Cuaron would be decent choices too but nothing like Johnson

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #184
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 69,492
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

The Aronofsky, Fincher, Cuaron choices needs a rest honestly.

__________________
Design of Chaos

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #185
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,605
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

They're only suggested so much because they're the obvious best choices

Del Toro would knock it outta the park too.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #186
combocaz
Side-Kick
 
combocaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,589
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Brad Bird or Del toro.

__________________
Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman -Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman -Gal Gadot
Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #187
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,399
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Brad Bird works with Pixar mainly. Which is owned by Disney. Disney owns Marvel. They're likely to nab him.

And Del Toro turns down everything

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #188
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,749
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

I know this is pretty much a fantasy casting thread, but let's be serious here. The next Bat director will not be an established Hollywood director in his fifties. It will wither be an young up and comer, or a down and outer looking to reestablish himself.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #189
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,238
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I know this is pretty much a fantasy casting thread, but let's be serious here. The next Bat director will not be an established Hollywood director in his fifties. It will wither be an young up and comer, or a down and outer looking to reestablish himself.
why do you say that?

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #190
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,749
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Because that's how it has always been.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:53 AM   #191
Green Ghoul
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 107
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
For all we know the next Batman director probably isn't even popular yet. How many people knew who Christopher Nolan was before Begins?
I did. After seeing Memento, which I loved. That announcement and the one about Bale (who I always thought would make a good Batman) got me pumped for BB.

Green Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #192
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,605
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Because that's how it has always been.
They're coming off of a 2.5 billion franchise. The first time they hired an up and comer (Burton), Batman had never really been done before (unless you count the 60s Batman movie), then Schumacher was hired after already being an established director. After he ruined the franchise for a while, they hired someone who was at the time a nobody. They didn't have much to lose, they didn't have a 1.5 billion dollar movie preceding it.
So I'm not sure your argument holds, WB is going to want to play it somewhat safe with the next franchise, I doubt they'll hire some nobody just because that's how it has always been.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #193
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,749
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Then they will be the first to break the mold. Until then I will remain skeptical that they hire a David Fincher or a Steven Spielberg. My argument still holds when one looks into the James Bond franchise, which is a proven money maker and yet not one well entrenched director has taken a stab at it. Sam Mendes had three back to back to back bombs before he took Skyfall, so he positions himself in the "down and outer looking to establish himself" category. It's not just the studios themselves, you have to look at it from the directors' perspective as well; most of them don't want to be bogged down by studio tentpoles unless they have to.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #194
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well said? That guy is a jabroni with a massive ego. He just doesn't understand the comics of today if he thinks the target audience is only for children. And he's either watching Nolans Batman movies with a ignorant mindset from the get-go or he's watching too many of the other comic book movies. I don't think anyone is calling TDKR supreme cinema art. He's just being a jerk. But it's far more serious and emotional and practical (technically speaking with how it was filmed) than the majority of these movies within the genre.

He can have his opinion, I just don't agree with it. And he's overrated himself.

And for you OutRiddled, ur also entitled to ur opinion. But while u think Nolans movies are too long or boring or not entertaining enough, I personally think the opposite. It's just about what kind of cinema you like. I'm a big Kubrick fan for instance, but I find Nolans movies like his Bat-trilogy, Inception, Prestige or Memento to be more in the realm of "entertainment". I've been a big 2001, Clockwork Orange & Shining fan for a long time but ill take Nolans films (with the exception of Insomnia/Following) over them because it has more fun action and emotion AND it makes me think more. That's me.

But that guy just comes off as a snob of film if it's not in a certain genre. And if anybody thinks TDKR is art (I do, but I don't exaggerate like he's wording it) then why can't they have that opinion? He's a snob.
2001, A Clockwork Orange and The Shining are hugely entertaining films, which is why they're classics. 2001 was the most successful science fiction movie of all time before Star Wars. If everyone found it boring, why is that a fact?

Nolan's films have the 'Batman' moniker so it's going to do well no matter what. But people are going to analyse these films and realise they are too over-indulgent. You can have all the subtext you want, but make your movies entertaining first, otherwise nobody cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post


Well said to the guy who directed a graphic novel?
I don't really care who said it.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #195
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,467
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
You can have all the subtext you want, but make your movies entertaining first, otherwise nobody cares.
Good thing he made them highly entertaining then

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #196
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Good thing he made them highly entertaining then
So long as you can sit through all the boring exposition and lame side characters.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #197
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 38,020
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Nolan's films have the 'Batman' moniker so it's going to do well no matter what.
Yeah that sure worked a treat for Batman and Robin didn't it.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #198
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yeah that sure worked a treat for Batman and Robin didn't it.
Even Batman and Robin was a success in theatres.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #199
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 38,020
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Even Batman and Robin was a success in theatres.
Really? So why did the franchise stop there for years if it was such a success?

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #200
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Really? So why did the franchise stop there for years if it was such a success?
Because they didn't as much money as they had wanted and the negative critical reaction. It still made money, though. It's just that the accountants look at it differently.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.