The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 07-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #301
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Default Re: The Batmobile in TDKR III

There's a reason we have a camo tumbler again. That means a new Batmobile just doesn't show up out of the blue...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #302
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Yeah, I always felt in BB that perhaps some military guys who were in involved with the project might see some Batman car chase on the news and recognize it. But maybe the new copter footage in BB was the only time it was caught on camera with it obscured by darkness, and the Gotham patrol cars didn't have cameras in them. But still, someone could have gotten word in military circles...and remembered that Wayne Enetrprises...which also happens to be in Gotham...was working on such a thing.

Probably not the military's problem, but one could wonder if there's any sort of confidentiality issues with even canceled projects getting out into the open.
Precisely. Somebody has to know something, and it doesn't seem like he's all that worried about being discreet, he's already had two high speed chases in it, and while he blew it up in TDK, there still had to be fragments.

And like I said before, Mr. Earle should recognize something if nobody else. I would love a Rutger Hauer cameo, he definitely would have an ax to grind, but there looks to be way too much going on in TDKR for any of that

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #303
ChickenScratch
Banned User

But who's to say what happens to these machines in Applied Sciences, mothballed, junked, sold when they need to make space. Isn't it pretty much a dead end for dead projects as Fox said? I've got 2 Carvin guitars that were prototypes that never made it to production but they are my 2 main players because they are great, dead projects you never know where they'll turn up. Maybe both were junked and someone found the parts, or bought the two protos like I did with my guitars.

Either way, who's to say where they turn up. There was a story of Carrol Shelby's first couple Cobras. One went to an auto show in Spain, legal wranglings (corrupt officials) led to Shelby abandoning the car there where it ended up with the judge who sat on the case. Fast forward to the present, it's now in the stable of a private owner in Vegas after the Spanish judge couldn't find anyone who could work on it and it passed through 4 other owners in Europe.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #304
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
But who's to say what happens to these machines in Applied Sciences, mothballed, junked, sold when they need to make space. Isn't it pretty much a dead end for dead projects as Fox said? I've got 2 Carvin guitars that were prototypes that never made it to production but they are my 2 main players because they are great, dead projects you never know where they'll turn up. Maybe both were junked and someone found the parts, or bought the two protos like I did with my guitars.

Either way, who's to say where they turn up. There was a story of Carrol Shelby's first couple Cobras. One went to an auto show in Spain, legal wranglings (corrupt officials) led to Shelby abandoning the car there where it ended up with the judge who sat on the case. Fast forward to the present, it's now in the stable of a private owner in Vegas after the Spanish judge couldn't find anyone who could work on it and it passed through 4 other owners in Europe.
I used to have those Carvin blade pickups in one of my Strats.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #305
ALP
In The Mountains

Has it been confirmed the tumbler is back?

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #306
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
they're carting it about..... so either it is back or they're trying the old distraction trick using the Tumbler & Batpod....

Old 07-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #307
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Pretty much. There's a hanger in Pittsburgh where they've been spoted by many different sources, and will be filmed there.

Oh, and the Bat-pod is also there too.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #308
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:

I think with military development, it could be more sensitive as a measure of national security. Then again, if the military just didn't want any of it...then I guess it could be developed into whatever the inventors wanted...so long as information about the development doesn't breach any confidentiality or what have you. I was just thinking that someone who was involved in the project on the military side may put 2+2 together if they caught wind of it. Heck, even an accountant recognized its blueprints.

Or...maybe if Fox couldn't get the bridge to work, there was no point in even presenting any of it, so they just shelved it themselves before showing it to the military. Although I think that a fast all-terrain vehicle with guns, jumping ability, and stealth mode could be rather attractive to special forces as-is.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #309
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
I used to have those Carvin blade pickups in one of my Strats.
I'm a big fan of passive blade pickups. Aside from the stock Carvin pickups that come with them (which has 22 poles so it's like having a blade) or I put in Dimarzio X2N or Dropsonics in there.

But as I said before. You never know where a dead project shows up. Look how many documentaries they have of some interesting piece of tech that's literally revolutionary and it's found in someone's garage. Like Les Paul's Log, or or Leo Fender's original Broadcaster. Prototypes are given this pseudo-legend after the fact, but at the time they are just frames to try technology to make sure what they are doing is gonna work. Production models are usually more refined, work better and sometimes don't look like the original.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #310
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
I'm a big fan of passive blade pickups. Aside from the stock Carvin pickups that come with them (which has 22 poles so it's like having a blade) or I put in Dimarzio X2N or Dropsonics in there.
The 'bar/blade magnet' ones I had were interesting, but I always found myself going back to vintage-spec regular alnico pole-magnet types....more of a classic blues setup. Currently Peter Florance/Voodoo's. I also really dig the old lipstick tube pickups in Strats.

Quote:
But as I said before. You never know where a dead project shows up. Look how many documentaries they have of some interesting piece of tech that's literally revolutionary and it's found in someone's garage. Like Les Paul's Log, or or Leo Fender's original Broadcaster. Prototypes are given this pseudo-legend after the fact, but at the time they are just frames to try technology to make sure what they are doing is gonna work. Production models are usually more refined, work better and sometimes don't look like the original.
Again, if we're talking military contracts, they may want to keep some secrets hidden...even with cancelled projects if even a little of the tech was evolved from it....and keep it out of the hands of foreign enemies. So if they hear that some nut-case out there is driving around in a hyper ATV that was originally developed for them, with military-grade weapons and some sort of stealth technology, etc.....they may want to look into it. Hmm...it's in Gotham City...isn't the company that built that thingamajig for us years back in Gotham too?

Again, I don't know specifically how it works, or whether the design ever even made it to Military project supervisors to begin with.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #311
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Again, if we're talking military contracts, they may want to keep some secrets hidden...even with cancelled projects if even a little of the tech was evolved from it....and keep it out of the hands of foreign enemies. So if they hear that some nut-case out there is driving around in a hyper ATV that was originally developed for them, with military-grade weapons and some sort of stealth technology, etc.....they may want to look into it. Hmm...it's in Gotham City...isn't the company that built that thingamajig for us years back in Gotham too?
Besides that, it's not like Fox built the thing entirely by himself, tested it by himself, then stashed it by himself without anyone else ever seeing it

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #312
ChickenScratch
Banned User

They never got them to work in tandem for their proposed purpose remember. Who's to say that the military even saw them or put them through any serious testing?

When the military put out the commission for what eventually became the Jeep many companies fielded, tested, submitted prototypes, the one by Willy's won. Same has been going on with the push to replace the Hummer since the mid 90's. Or even Project Abakan that started in the 80's and is still a going concern to replace the AK47/74 platform.

Protos are made, some fail, some are refined. Some hardly get looked at. A bridging vehicle seems like something that would fail considering they have those cool unfolding bridges now, or even just airlifting what they need in a helo.

As for the pickups. I prefer modern spec, I prefer humbuckers so I'm coming from a different angle. Lipstick PUs sound odd to me, P90s sound weak and look ugly too. gimme direct mount passive humbuckers and I'm happy.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #313
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Besides that, it's not like Fox built the thing entirely by himself, tested it by himself, then stashed it by himself without anyone else ever seeing it
True....some other project manager or technician/engineer would probably recognize his own work in an instant.

But....it's a movie......

Old 07-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #314
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Oh, there's no denying that somebody could and should recognize it ... in fact someone else has and learned to shut the hell up. Maybe the original engineer is dead? Retired? Or is Fox himself?

With design programs like CAD and Auto CAD and CNC machined parts it's not a far stretch to think he could have built the whole thing himself.

It can be argued to death, but there wasn't a really good look at it in the first one. The second one exploded and much of it's chassis, at least half the drive-train and control surfaces went with the Batpod so you are left with a whole bunch of parts in the middle of a blast area with parts from other exploded cars. Not nearly enough to recreate some sort of idea of what exactly blew up.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #315
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
They never got them to work in tandem for their proposed purpose remember. Who's to say that the military even saw them or put them through any serious testing?
I thought he said that they couldn't get the actual bridge to work...so maybe it was never even proposed.

Quote:
When the military put out the commission for what eventually became the Jeep many companies fielded, tested, submitted prototypes, the one by Willy's won. Same has been going on with the push to replace the Hummer since the mid 90's. Or even Project Abakan that started in the 80's and is still a going concern to replace the AK47/74 platform.
Oh I know, but if the stealth, remote control, weapons, radar, etc. technology was developed for its military use...it kinda' puts it in a different category than just transport...or a simple rifle. This isn't the mysterious Colt Special Forces pistol that got beat out by the HK or what have you...this is more like the stealth Blackhawk that crashed during the Bin Laden raid.

Put it this way...even if the military had passed on a working prototype for a stealth helicopter/jet/submarine and went with another company, they probably still don't want that rejected design out there in civilian use. And they certainly don't want it being sold to enemy nations. Just because thy didn't pick it, or it failed to meet a few minor specific qualifications doesn't mean it couldn't still be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Quote:
Protos are made, some fail, some are refined. Some hardly get looked at. A bridging vehicle seems like something that would fail considering they have those cool unfolding bridges now, or even just airlifting what they need in a helo.
Again...it depends on what the tactical purpose was. If it was just a bridging vehicle...why all the stealth, detection, and weaponry? Maybe that was just thrown in there from other tech that W.I. had developed for other projects.

But the main point is....if it was only designed for military use...and didn't migrate into civilian production...it's not like someone driving around in a Hummer H2 or a Wilys Overland Jeep. If one person out there was using a purpose-designed attack helicopter that was eventually beaten out by the Apache....someone involved in the military wouldn't just chalk it up to "Meh...you could find those parts on eBay..." Especially if the helicopter in question was...y'know...blowing things up.

Quote:
As for the pickups. I prefer modern spec, I prefer humbuckers so I'm coming from a different angle. Lipstick PUs sound odd to me, P90s sound weak and look ugly too. gimme direct mount passive humbuckers and I'm happy.
I also go for vintage-spec/lower output on my Les Paul...and P-90's are actually my favorite pickups like on a '56 Reissue LP and especially hollowbodys.

The thing about vintage-design pickups, especially single-coils...is that you turn up your amp more (non-master volume vintage tube ones, in my case) and get natural power-amp overdrive from the amp. The amp becomes more responsive, and you're not overloading the front end with high-output pickups. Especially the case with lipsticks.....a Strat with alnico lipsticks through, say, a Super Reverb or Tweed Bassman on 7+is a glorious thing. Think SRV's 'Texas Flood'.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #316
WeasleyIsRKing
Side-Kick

I'm so happy the Tumbler is back. A new Batmobile wouldn't live up to the awesomeness of the Tumbler.

WeasleyIsRKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #317
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I'm glad there bringing the tumbler back. Listening to some of the interviews from begins, the tumbler was one of the things they showed the executives of how they wanted to take the film and create the universe around it. It really captures this batman.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #318
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought this was pretty cool...

http://gizmodo.com/5821252/a-turbine...lous/gallery/1

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:01 AM   #319
Marx
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

^That makes me smile.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #320
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
^That makes me smile.
Makes me cry.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #321
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

That was heaven!

The power up whine of the turbine was....I'm speechless!

Actual noises! no sound effects added!

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #322
Avengers-Report
Side-Kick

Idk why the tumbler would be out in the open like it was. Just some lame tarp over the Batpod and nothing over the Tumbler. I'm not convinced.

Avengers-Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:12 AM   #323
Russell Nash
Immortal

I always prefer Batman driving a giant black phallus. The tumbler is alright because it's the closest we're going to get of the Bat-tank on film from TDKR.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:14 AM   #324
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Nash View Post
I always prefer Batman driving a giant black phallus. The tumbler is alright because it's the closest we're going to get of the Bat-tank on film from TDKR.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #325
Milkman95
BvS 3.25.16

I'm certain there will be another vehicle of some sort, we'll see.......