1 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #51
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Default Re: Episode 14:The Odyssey- Rate & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
Didn't they announce Smoak would have a larger role in season 2 very recently? I had to roll my eyes when she said she'd be gone after they found Walter
This was probably shot before the season 2 announcement and her becoming a series regular.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #52
Ryder
Side-Kick

Quote:
This was probably shot before the season 2 announcement and her becoming a series regular.
Ummm no its done for "realism" and Drama lol, remember when Dig acted first like he detested what Ollie was doing and didnt want to be part of it?. Only to join a bit later, quite sooner actually coz it was the same episode. Thats whats going to happen here, she will eventually join, sooner too.

I dont think they were planning on getting rid of Felicity, even if she wasn't made regular she would still have been part of season 2 and beyond. Every show needs a nerd tech whiz.

Quote:
Diggilicity!!
lol funny, cool combos.
Seen people who are liking the dynamic calling them Figgle too or Diggity....last one is quite clever.

So many ships, and even more coming up later, ship wars are sooo gonna be fun.

Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #53
Fives
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Great episode, I loved the structure of crossing the fantastic Ollie and Slade training and mission flashbacks with Diggle and Felicity getting to know each other, leading to her joining the team, even if she claims it's only until Walter is found.

The Slade vs Wintergreen was badass, in fact anytime Slade was in action was badass.
It was a great episode. It handled the flashbacks, and current scenes the best so far. She'll definitely be sticking around longer then she thinkgs. She's really good looking .

Slade vs Wintergreen was badass. I knew Bennett would be a great Slade. I still wonder if Wintergreen really is dead? Probably but you never know. I hope next weeks episode is as good as this.

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #54
Nathan

1/3 of the sword is lodged in his brain. He's dead.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #55
Fives
Side-Kick

Yeah, I know but Deadshot is coming back, so why not Wintergreen? Or WinterStroke? I was kind of thinking their fight would have been a little longer. Actually thinking about it some more, and I think someone else mentioned it in another thread, but Slade stabbing, and killing Wintergreen in the eye is probably foreshadowing what Ollie will eventually do to Slade at a later point, but with Slade surviving it.

I wonder if Yao-Fei's daughter is in with Fyers mercenary group, and if Oliver will end up joining them for some reason? Maybe they all have that same tattoo?

Last edited by Fives; 02-15-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #56
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fives View Post
Yeah, I know but Deadshot is coming back, so why not Wintergreen?
Because he only had an arrow pierce his eyeball. At most he suffered some minor brain damage, with no real consequences if lucky, because he only had the tip of an arrow tickle his brain. Wintergreen has a freaking sword in his head.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #57
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fives View Post
It was a great episode. It handled the flashbacks, and current scenes the best so far. She'll definitely be sticking around longer then she thinkgs. She's really good looking .

Slade vs Wintergreen was badass. I knew Bennett would be a great Slade. I still wonder if Wintergreen really is dead? Probably but you never know. I hope next weeks episode is as good as this.
She amps it up next week as she ends up on first mission, all dressed up at some swank party and ending up wearing a bomb necklace!

If he isn't then I have to wonder what happens on the island that results in the Deathstroke mask with the arrow through it that we saw in all the early promos.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #58
Superhero 101
DESI

Saw this weeks episode and I would have to say this was the best episode. The action was amazing! And Deathstroke was awesome I loved the fact that 90% of this episode was all flashback! I really wish we can get more episodes like this. The best part of this show was that there was no Tommy Laurel love drama. And Diggle just keeps proving of how much of an awesome partner he is. Really glad this show got approved for a 2nd season.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #59
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

People were saying the same thing about Deadshot."He has an arrow in his brain!He's dead dead dead!"and look how that turned out.

They still have 4 and a half years of island stuff to do,and I doubt Slade will turn evil in the very near future.They're gonna need a good heavy until slade makes his turn against Ollie.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #60
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
People were saying the same thing about Deadshot."He has an arrow in his brain!He's dead dead dead!"and look how that turned out.
At least he had a big ass target sighter on his eye and the arrow didn't look like it made it that far anyway.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #61
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Well, I suppose reality is unrealistic. People have survived similarly traumatic brain injuries in the past. Of course, most of them do suffer some long term neurological effects as a result. However, I do believe there are a few recorded cases where the person went on with minimal complications and maintained relatively normal function.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #62
Nathan

Yeah, there are some cases where people survive severe brain injuries. Heck, I believe theres a person who literally only possessed half a brain and still attended college. But you can't have every person who gets and arrow or sword to the brain, survive. Deadshot, you could still think maybe he'll make it. Wintergreen? 1/3 of a sword in his eye socket.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #63
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I think it just depends on what serves the story. Deadshot has a reason to come back, Wintergreen doesn't. His story is done, and now Slade and Ollie can build a friendship that will turn into a rivalry.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #64
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Wow, great episode, possibly the best so far, Manu Bennett as Deathstroke is awesome, cant wait to see more of him, Ollie is slowly becoming the bad-ass we all know he is on the island and yes, we are going to get more Felicity, who IMO is played by the hottest actress on the show, bring it on.

If they top this episode next week they are really pushing the boat out.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #65
Justin
Side-Kick

Shock Re: Episode 14:The Odyssey- Rate & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf2 View Post
I find it truly baffling (in a good way) how they've made Slade Wilson into such a sympathetic and heroic character willing to make such incredibly noble sacrifices (with the landmine, and then also with the plane). No idea how they're going to turn him into a villain after all of that, should be fascinating.
My understanding is that Deathstroke is more of an anti-hero than a villain. While he was in the army, prior to taking up the super soldier stuff, he was a noble hero. Essentially he is a mercenary, although he does have his private vendettas. He's also far more popular with the fanbase than he was probably intended to be.

As such, think this is a great way to start him. An actor who people love, the character being bad-ass. There is going to be at least 5 years before he shows up in Starling city, so theres lots they can do with him. He may be a good sometimes, bad sometimes like the huntress, or they could do a slow build where it turns out to be a personal rivalry. Obviously he's an important part of the show going forward, wouldn't be surprised if he makes his present day entrance at the end of this season.

As for this episode, best one yet. Only thing they could have done to make it better was let Slade wear the mask for Deathstroke vs Deathstroke

Last edited by Justin; 02-21-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #66
riotgirl77
TVEA C.D. & Writer

I wrote up a review of "The Odyssey" on TV Ever After

Arrow 1.14 “The Odyssey” Review

BTW this has been my most favorite episode of this season...we need MORE Slade Wilson/Manu Bennett!!!!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #67
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Firstly Stephen Amell plays confident Oliver in the City and unsure island
Oliver to perfection, I think he deserves a lot of credit for this.

Secondly I loved the amount of flashbacks this week, it was great for this to get some real focus. Slade is so cool on this show too, think they've made a great casting choice there. Gotta wonder if Billy (Deathstroke 2) is really dead, you just never know on this show.

I've noticed Diggle's really become the Alfred if this show, I love how Oliver's assembling a little team and no doubt Roy Harper will join the team in future.

This episode was outstanding definitely a 10 out of 10.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-22-2013 at 06:09 PM.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #68
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Firstly Stephen Amell plays confident Oliver in the City and unsure island
Oliver to perfection, I think he deserves a lot of credit for this.
Agreed, he's came a long way from those first few eps.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #69
AZ'sWarmRage
Newbie First Class

Episode was epic. Packed with cool moments and easily the best for me. I think that finish to the season will be a busy one now, with a long list of villains to come and considering how they know they'll be getting renewed.

Deathstroke, gonna miss ya.

AZ'sWarmRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #70
Justin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ'sWarmRage View Post
Deathstroke, gonna miss ya.
Slade Wilson will become Deathstroke no? He has his own mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Firstly Stephen Amell plays confident Oliver in the City and unsure island Oliver to perfection, I think he deserves a lot of credit for this.
Yes, Amell is rocking it now I think, not a great start but he got better every week, and now there isn't that much "better" he can get. Also really great to see how enthusiastic and genuinely happy he seems to have the role. The guy really is getting into it, which always helps.

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote