The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
chris_tyne

Default Understanding everything that happened (time travel/timeline etc)

Ok. I've seen Days of Future Past, and I absolutely loved it. I love how the mess Last Stand left us with has been cleaned up. However, the more I think about it, the more confused I get! Here's a few questions that are baffling me and others when I've talked about it with them...

WHEN exactly did Wolverine wake up in the mansion? Was it in 'our' present day, so in a year after Last Stand would have taken place?

Does the new timeline (or whatever you want to call it) mean that X1 & X2 didn't happen either?

Did Wolverine still go through what he went through with William Stryker (working alongside him and sabretooth etc, the experiments/metal claws etc)?

When Mystique rescued Wolverine at the end from the river (disguised as Stryker), what happened from there for Wolverine in that timeline? Did he go on to live in that timeline??

It's the last question that baffles me the most. I feel like I'm going insane!

chris_tyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Understanding everything that happened (time travel/timeline etc)

Wolverine wakes up in the future of 2023. Hence all the new technology

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_tyne View Post
WHEN exactly did Wolverine wake up in the mansion? Was it in 'our' present day, so in a year after Last Stand would have taken place?

Does the new timeline (or whatever you want to call it) mean that X1 & X2 didn't happen either?

Did Wolverine still go through what he went through with William Stryker (working alongside him and sabretooth etc, the experiments/metal claws etc)?

When Mystique rescued Wolverine at the end from the river (disguised as Stryker), what happened from there for Wolverine in that timeline? Did he go on to live in that timeline??

1) Wolverine wakes up in 2023, the same time he left the original timeline

2) They didn't happen how we know them to certainly, and it's easier just to assume they never happened at all. Rogue's hair points at similar events, but I'd just write them off and say everything going forward is a clean slate

3) We'll find out soon enough. Although I'd wager that despite Stryker's interest in Logan, Mystique has saved him from that fate

4) Yeah he lived for the next 50 years before future Logan's mind dropped in. What happened to him is coming soon to a cinema near you

Hope that helps

Also you're not the only one who has these questions. The Wolverine/Adamantium thing has me running laps in my head all week, but I've come to the conclusion that it'll be an adventure finding out together. No-one knows this time!

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Ok. I've seen Days of Future Past, and I absolutely loved it. I love how the mess Last Stand left us with has been cleaned up. However, the more I think about it, the more confused I get! Here's a few questions that are baffling me and others when I've talked about it with them...

Once his job was done in 1973 and the mission was accomplished, he awoke from the drowning to return back to 2023 in new timeline. It would have been the same time as when he first laid down to go back in time in the DoFP future.
High possibility, however, they were both Singer's movies. If anything, he probably would just fix them to the way he originally wanted them to happen before studio and monetary interference changed his plans.
In a way yes and unknown. Yes as in Wolverine knows he went through all of that and it's part of his history no matter what, as for if it happened after 1973, we'll only know with future movies following the new timeline.
Once Mystique saved him, his mind returned to the future. The same way he had no idea where he was when he, Charles, Erik, and Hank confronted Mystique to not kill Trask after seeing Stryker, is the same way his mind went back to his 1970's mind.
Hopefully that helps.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
chris_tyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
1) Wolverine wakes up in 2023, the same time he left the original timeline

2) They didn't happen how we know them to certainly, and it's easier just to assume they never happened at all. Rogue's hair points at similar events, but I'd just write them off and say everything going forward is a clean slate

3) We'll find out soon enough. Although I'd wager that despite Stryker's interest in Logan, Mystique has saved him from that fate

4) Yeah he lived for the next 50 years before future Logan's mind dropped in. What happened to him is coming soon to a cinema near you

Hope that helps

Also you're not the only one who has these questions. The Wolverine/Adamantium thing has me running laps in my head all week, but I've come to the conclusion that it'll be an adventure finding out together. No-one knows this time!
Thank you :-) great post!

I kind of hope that what happened with Stryker still ended up happening! I mean for me, Wolverine without Adamantium claws would be a bigger mess up than killing Cyclops in Last Stand (well, sorta).

So Wolverine living the next 50 years or so, would he have had the memories? Or would have have woken up back to how he was before his future consciousness took over his body (so to speak) ?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #6
chris_tyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Hopefully that helps.
It certainly did! Pretty much answers my question that followed hoy-small-fry's post above

Thanks for the responses guys!

Old 05-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Thank you :-) great post!

I kind of hope that what happened with Stryker still ended up happening! I mean for me, Wolverine without Adamantium claws would be a bigger mess up than killing Cyclops in Last Stand (well, sorta).

So Wolverine living the next 50 years or so, would he have had the memories? Or would have have woken up back to how he was before his future consciousness took over his body (so to speak) ?
If you're up on your comics knowledge, Apocalypse gave Wolverine adamantium once... So... (wait and see I guess!!)

The latter. As we saw when Kitty's control slipped, 70s Logan had no recollection of what had gone on. He'll go off and do whatever he does with no knowledge of the events of DOFP. It sets up 70s Logan in an odd position, and one I hope they explore. Based on the ending, he will meet Xavier and the X-Men again, and become one of them.

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

... and then cease to exist one morning.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote