Neither is a lot of names that have been mentioned

Old 02-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #277
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Default Re: Mysterious Character: The Peter Dinklage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Neither is a lot of names that have been mentioned
I would prefer Trask being a midget than Mister Sinister. Part of the appeal for Sinister is his appearance, while Trask is just an ordinary human.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
lordofthenerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #278
laytonc32
Side-Kick

The theory with Sinister was he would be a Mocap character. Still, don't know how Sinister would work with the Sentinel storyline.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #279
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Some are just trying to live In Denial.Dinklage Is probally Trask.Some didn't want to accept they were doing DOFP when we first started getting hints of it back In may.And I remember most were saying Kevin bacon was playing Sinster except for one site which broke him as Shaw.My bet It's the same here.Which Is brillent move by Bryan SInger.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #280
psyonic
X-Man

I don't see how people can link Peter Dinklage to Trask just because he's rumoured to be the main antagonist of the film. It is unlikely because Trask was played by Bill Dukes and Singer is taking every movie into account and respecting its continuity, so I don't know where Trask is coming from?

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #281
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Some are just trying to live In Denial.Dinklage Is probally Trask.Some didn't want to accept they were doing DOFP when we first started getting hints of it back In may.And I remember most were saying Kevin bacon was playing Sinster except for one site which broke him as Shaw.My bet It's the same here.Which Is brillent move by Bryan SInger.

Just like some who still thought that Singer was going to ignore X3 even after it was announced that Fox was taking all the movies into consideration.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #282
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is melodramatic

Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #283
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
. Whatever you wanna call it, a nod, a cameo, Secretary Trask was clearly meant to be Bolivar Trask in X3, but since he was never directly referred to as Bolivar Trask in the movie, this gives Singer and co. an out to re-introduce the character (but I would have liked to see what would have happened if he were referred to by his first name). It's not unlike when "Dr. Shaw" shows up in X2, but he is not directly referred to as Sebastian Shaw, so he was able to be used in FC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
He was called Trask, not Bolivar Trask.

Was him the creator of the sentinels on X3? No, so no error.
They don't need to have his full name just to confirm if he was Bolivar Trask or not. And why would they even name him Trask if he wasn't intended to be Bolivar Trask. And what they did in the movies does that not say if they are really that character or not, its a movie adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
But Sinister isn't a midget, is he?
No offense to Dinklage, but Mr. Sinister would look ridiculous if Peter Dinklage is playing him. He doesn't look like Mr. Sinister and they are not staying true to the look of Mr. Sinister if they would let a midget portray him in the movies.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-17-2013 at 07:31 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #284
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Chris Claremont (the character's creator) did intend for Mr. Sinister to be a little 11 year old boy:

Quote:
"Dave Cockrum and I were over ideas and what we were coming towards was a mysterious young boy - apparently an 11-year-old - at the orphanage where Scott (Cyclops) was raised, who turned out to be the secret master of the place. In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50 [...] He had all the grown up urges. He's growing up in his mind but his body isn't capable of handling it, which makes him quite cranky. And, of course, looking like an 11-year-old, who'd take him seriously in the criminal community? [...] So he built himself an agent in a sense, which was Mister Sinister, that was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #285
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They don't need to have his full name just to confirm if he was Bolivar Trask or not. And why would they even name him Trask if he wasn't intended to be Bolivar Trask. And what they did in the movies does that not say if they are really that character or not, its a movie adaptation.
To each non fan that will watch the movie again, he will always be secretary Trask.

To have the full role of Bolivar Trask on the 70's as the creator of the sentinels and main villain wont be an error for casual viewers and non fan.

That was my point, and as we have seen, some more fans have said the same, with their own words.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #286
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
No offense to Dinklage, but Mr. Sinister would look ridiculous if Peter Dinklage is playing him. He doesn't look like Mr. Sinister and they are not staying true to the look of Mr. Sinister if they would let a midget portray him in the movies.
I'm not saying whether it is or isn't Mr Sinister, but not staying true to the look of the X-Men characters would be nothing new. And whoever Dinklage is playing (unless he is mo-capping or playing an unknown) is probably going to change because I don't see any of the existing short characters playing a "key antagonist role" if the reports are to be believed.

Also I would have no issue with them making someone a little person just to use Dinklage since he is quite talented.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #287
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:

Until we get something official, I wouldn't assume anything. All we know he is the main antagonist. No offense, I am not ruling anything out until we get word from Singer or someone connected to the cast. And that isn't really denial, I just don't like assuming anything.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #288
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I keep thinking a drastic reinvention of Mojo.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #289
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I also thought it could be Apocalypse taking a very unimposing form, perhaps a form he would shed later on in the movie.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #290
summers1055
Side-Kick

this is great news, peter dinklage is an amazing actor!

summers1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #291
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Surprised we haven't gotten in trouble for saying "midget" yet.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #292
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Now it could be Trask, but it is surprising we are getting nothing official. Trask really isn't that secretive of a character unless there is some new spin on him.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #293
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There has already been a tip that he is trask.Whenever someone gets cast In comic Book film and they don't reveal who they are playing there are wild speculation on who they are playing.

Trask Is creator of sentinles It makes much sense to have him In film with Sentinles playing a large role.Bryan Singer may not be totally Ignoring Last or Origins but his correcting things comments and his work on First Class show he's not going to let anything In those 2 films prevent his retaking control over franchise or Interfearing with his vision.

People are convently forgetting there has to be some focus In 1973 era of film on human characters.Trask being Involved on creating weapons against mutants for government reporting to white House Is exactly the kind of revamping I can see Bryan doing.

Just having Peter Dinklage doing motion capture for CGI character like Apocalypse would
be waste of him.Plus APocalypse serves no purpose In Days of future past.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #294
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I've been won over on the idea of him as Trask. It's kind of brilliant to have a man of short stature create the giant Sentinels. But I don't like the idea of creating yet another continuity issue even if it's "minor".

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #295
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
There has already been a tip that he is trask.Whenever someone gets cast In comic Book film and they don't reveal who they are playing there are wild speculation on who they are playing.

Trask Is creator of sentinles It makes much sense to have him In film with Sentinles playing a large role.Bryan Singer may not be totally Ignoring Last or Origins but his correcting things comments and his work on First Class show he's not going to let anything In those 2 films prevent his retaking control over franchise or Interfearing with his vision.

People are convently forgetting there has to be some focus In 1973 era of film on human characters.Trask being Involved on creating weapons against mutants for government reporting to white House Is exactly the kind of revamping I can see Bryan doing.

Just having Peter Dinklage doing motion capture for CGI character like Apocalypse would
It wasn't from a great source MTV has been bad about rumors for movies. If it was Latino-review or comingsoon it would be more reliable. I am not suggesting it would be Apocalypse just leaving it open until we get official word. I would rather Apocalypse stay out of this film except maybe as hint for a future film. There is Sinister but I am not sure if he works either, wouldn't mind a cameo from him. I guess there is the possibility he could be Bastion/Nimrod probably that is the only alternative.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #296
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yes It was MTV that got the tip.But,that doesn't mean It was wrong.Both Latino Review
and Trek Movie may have been mislead when It comes to new Star Trek so no telling when
sites can be right or wrong.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #297
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes It was MTV that got the tip.But,that doesn't mean It was wrong.Both Latino Review
and Trek Movie may have been mislead when It comes to new Star Trek so no telling when
sites can be right or wrong.

They still might be right about Khan, we just don't know yet. I remember when they broke the news about Marion Colitard being Talia and she denied it in a magazine.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #298
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Graydon Creed a possibility? Maybe they merge the characters? Eleven years is a long time, maybe Sabertooth and Mystique hooked up some time ago. Along with Nightcrawler's dad, and whomever else. What mutant/human wouldn't want to hook up with that? Then again, Dinklage is an adult, so if he were Graydon Creed it would have to be in the future era.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #299
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:

Trask may very well be in the film and Dinklage may be playing Trask but Trask just doesn't scream "Main Antagonist". If he is playing Trask there has to be someone else pulling the strings...this story has to be more than just stopping the sentinels.

Why do you think Apocalypse serves no purpose in Days of Future Past? Because he wasn't in the comic book story? I recall you being very certain that Magneto would be behind the events that would cause the dofp future and he had absolutely nothing to do with it in the comics.

Singer has been influenced by X:Men: TAS before and in the series Apocalypse orchestrated Kelley's assassination because he knew the destruction it would bring.

In the comics it's been revealed that Apocalypse has pretty much had his hand in every event that ever unfolded....I'm surprised the story hasn't already been retconned with his involvement. It is very much his style...only the strongest will be left after the Sentinels take over...

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #300
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Trask may very well be in the film and Dinklage may be playing Trask but Trask just doesn't scream "Main Antagonist". If he is playing Trask there has to be someone else pulling the strings...this story has to be more than just stopping the sentinels.

Why do you think Apocalypse serves no purpose in Days of Future Past? Because he wasn't in the comic book story? I recall you being very certain that Magneto would be behind the events that would cause the dofp future and he had absolutely nothing to do with it in the comics.

Singer has been influenced by X:Men: TAS before and in the series Apocalypse orchestrated Kelley's assassination because he knew the destruction it would bring.

In the comics it's been revealed that Apocalypse has pretty much had his hand in every event that ever unfolded....I'm surprised the story hasn't already been retconned with his involvement. It is very much his style...only the strongest will be left after the Sentinels take over...
I could see Apocalypse either manipulating Trask or something like that. But I wouldn't reveal that until the end of the movie. Unless Trask ends up being Apocalypse in disguise or something.